Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,722 members, 7,885,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help (3466 Views)

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / Her Sister Inlaw Is Obsessed With Her Pregnancy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help by isalegan2: 2:20am On Mar 04, 2012
No need for abuse o.  Sounds like the traditional wedding was done, but because they also previously agreed to a Registry wedding that's been on hold for 2 years, she's getting concerned.  Plus, interfering in-laws aren't helping.

OP Rolahun, you probably don't want to stress yourself too much with all sorts of doubts.  And, you also now realise, you came to the wrong place for advice. lol.  Take it easy, talk to your husband.   Best wishes and so on. . .
Re: My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help by drnoel: 11:32am On Mar 04, 2012
sorry but once a third party comes in2 ur relationship, madam na trouble
Re: My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help by Rolahun(f): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thank you all both male&female, by God's grace i'm a chartered accountant, practising in an oil company, my husband loves me which is certain, this post is just to know ur views about not been a legal married wifey,and to know whether there is an unforeseen circumstance that may happen in the nearest future, which nobody mentioned. my son's future is bright&radiant as his education allowance has been on fixed deposit to the university level, all i'm baffled about is the sister that always come between us and cause quarrel.
Re: My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help by ronkebp(f): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
jennykadry:

Speak for your husband and your culture. Such things happen when you are married to an eediot and not man. Where I come from, the men pay for the wedding. I was a student when i got  married and even if i wasnt, i wouldn't contribute a dime. My parents are free to contribute if they want to but not me. My husband married me and not the other way around. I am not paying for any wedding because i am not desperate. The girls family contribute because they want to not because they have to. And not all men ridicule their inlaw. Some of these so called men Marry into very wealthy family so they will have to think twice before making unnecessary mouth.

And yea, my husband has a very strong relationship with his in-laws, my mum calls him her rival because if the strong bond he has with my father. So stop generalizing ronke
Just saw your reply this morning!! Jenny, you need to learn how to talk to people without throwing insults both directly and indirectly. As we all know i am yoruba, and when i talk, i talk from the experience i have as a yoruba to an extent. Sorry if your culture allows only the men todo or pay for everything, that is why majority of the women do not have a ''say'' in their marraiges because they have been completely bought. If i am from a ''well-to-do'' family, whether culture or not, why would i want my husband to single handedly pay for the wedding that i will be the one enjoying in the first place?. My parents would  not want to leave the whole burden to the man, even if he is  Adenuga's son or Adenuga himself. So desperation has nothing to do with contributing something  to your own wedding.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help by Rolahun(f): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
:oPraise God,i posted a topic sometimes last year, concerning my sister Inlaw troubling me!!!just to let u people know that my Marriage has now been Legalized, for those that encourage me i say thank you& for those dat did otherwise thank u too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Partner Sharing: I Borrowed My Friend's Husband For My Holiday / Husband Used The Milk From Mammary Gland To Drink Garri- Nursing Mum Cries Out / Is It Disrespectful For A Wife To Expect Her Husband To Help With Chores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.