Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,358 members, 7,974,494 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:08 AM

Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell (21195 Views)

Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) / Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 2:21am On Mar 03, 2012
It is best for us to kick Shell out.
The Chinese have been building refineries all over the place without bringing up stup!d and insulting excuses. When it was time to kill Saro Wiwa, they didn't make any excuses.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by manny4life(m): 2:23am On Mar 03, 2012
Why should Shell build refineries for you? They are only there for the raw material, not to process the finished goods. It's like someone saying why isn't Mars Corporation or Hershey Foods, the two large giants of chocolate, why aren't they building Cocoa refinery in Nigeria or even Africa, that's not their problem. They will help in the planting, quality check, export their share, but for the finished goods, that's where they move it to the U.S.

Shell shouldn't have to nor is it obligated to build refinery for Nigeria and Nigerians, however, if Nigeria decides to add a clause to their contract, worst case, Shell can go into an arrangement with a Nigerian company to do so or exit the market for those who are willing to (we obviously know they won't). There's nothing worng with building refineries, I think that Nigerian Govt isn't sincere to itself. There are turnkey models out there, ready in less than a year, government can sponsor groups who are will to do this.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aljharem(m): 2:26am On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

It is best for us to kick Shell out.
The Chinese have been building refineries all over the place without bringing up stup!d and insulting excuses. When it was time to kill Saro Wiwa, they didn't make any excuses.

Shut up, what has Saro wiwa got to do with the government doing her Job ?

If you are not a government agent, why not explain to us as you did doing the protest how removing the subsidy would translate to building of refineries by private multinational companies ? Mumu

I wonder how some dum.b Nigerian would keep listening to you
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aljharem(m): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2012
manny4life:

Why should Shell build refineries for you? They are only there for the raw material, not to process the finished goods. It's like someone saying why isn't Mars Corporation or Hershey Foods, the two large giants of chocolate, why aren't they building Cocoa refinery in Nigeria or even Africa, that's not their problem. They will help in the planting, quality check, export their share, but for the finished goods, that's where they move it to the U.S.

Shell shouldn't have to nor is it obligated to build refinery for Nigeria and Nigerians, however, if Nigeria decides to add a clause to their contract, worst case, Shell can go into an arrangement with a Nigerian company to do so or exit the market for those who are willing to (we obviously know they won't). There's nothing worng with building refineries, I think that Nigerian Govt isn't sincere to itself. There are turnkey models out there, ready in less than a year, government can sponsor groups who are will to do this.

Thank you,
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aljharem(m): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2012
where are those tribalistic goons. Apparently, Alj harem was right again

Goats
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 2:32am On Mar 03, 2012
alj harem:

Shut up, what has Saro wiwa got to do with the government doing her Job ?

If you are not a government agent, why not explain to us as you did doing the protest how removing the subsidy would translate to building of refineries by private multinational companies ? Mumu

I wonder how some dum.b Nigerian would keep listening to you

Hello parasite. The above is the exact sound of a parasite.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aljharem(m): 2:36am On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

Hello parasite. The above is the exact sound of a parasite.

Mr Man, ani't you the parasite here ?

How can you tell a company to build your refinery for you after they have already paid you ?

The plan you were telling us about during the fuel subsidy was that deregulation would bring about companies building refinery.

That is what you told us and that was whate GEJ told us forgetting that he has not put Nigeria in the position to dictate.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 03, 2012
Reference:

I'm sorry but I can't see a country industrializing and developing on the back of imported oil. It will not happen. There is absolutely nothing wrong in refining. It is strategically important. Indonesia used to be a member of OPEC but pulled out when it became a net importer of crude on the back of its economic growth and industrialization., i.e. it refines every barrel of oil it produces for itself. That is where we should be heading. If Shell believes it is our portion to remain a honey pot, a raw material exporter, slaves to them for all eternity then they have miscalculated and are speaking to the wrong people. Their exploitative and feudalistic model under whatever guise is past. Their lies will no longer hold. If they are not prepared to partner Nigeria to realise its aspirations they should start divesting now and give others the benefit of doubt because when this government retires they will see in the Delta what they have never seen before. Enough is enough.

You are right my brother. Some other countries would sue Shell for everything they have for the environmental damage they did to Nigeria. Yet, they have the audacity to tell us bluntly that it is not in their interest to build refineries. I sincerely think they should be kicked out.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 2:40am On Mar 03, 2012
alj boko haram, the parasite who is happy to hear that Shell assassinates Nigerians, yet is unwilling to to partner our development.
What more can be expected of a man who eats grass?
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aljharem(m): 2:55am On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

alj boko haram, the parasite who is happy to hear that Shell assassinates Nigerians, yet is unwilling to to partner our development.
What more can be expected of a man who eats grass?

I don't usually say this on Nairaland but in all honesty, I feel deeply sorry for those that have been believing the crap you have been feeding them which inculde me because as soon as GEJ was the president, I trusted him to deliver.

YES I am happy right now because

1. I have been vindicated

2. It has exposed your ignorance for the world to see.

there is an adage that says " when a tree is about to be fall, it is only an adult that knows the direction of the fall"

From the one set, I knew the end result and I fought hard for Nigerians to realise the facts on ground but as usual you blinded them with tribalism trying to exclude the North promising the middlebelt and the south heave and earth

The Middle belt and the Yoruba/edo/Itsekiri quickly realised the folly in argument and choose to stand on their own. The you resulted to SS/SE and of course my Igbo brothers here on NL that always feel the need to be wanted were glad to go for it even though the arguement made no logical sense, they prefered it.

Nigeria has no bargaining power for something they do not produce or produce in very small quantities. If we had at least one or two refinery that produces 70 % of our crude product, then we can bargain knowing full well that they would be at the losing end if they do not go our way.

Shell and indeed other companies knew that Nigeria has no bargaining power that is why they NEVER take us serious.

Ok GSM pay as you go started with MTN at a rate of 50-100 Naira per minute. As soon as Glo came, there was competition aand this drove the rate down to as low as 20 naira per minute + we have our own indigenous company + employment + development + more competition

That is an open market. Unlike the silly theories you put here on NL daily making gulluble minds believe the crap.

what a shame
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 3:31am On Mar 03, 2012
^
I think Shell didn't build the refinery in Nigeria, cos they were scared of the effects of your stup!dity! grin grin grin
Is it caused by eating grass? Lol!

Even a toddler would know that all the crap up there was snatched straight out of you blistered anus. Even worse, it is complete OP that has nothing to do with the topic.

Guy, I'm wondering why you aren't even a little clever? Were you fed gari instead of milk as a baby? shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Mar 03, 2012

faithin9ja

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell
« #36 on: Yesterday at 11:01:26 PM »
sorry you are all a bunch of clueless sentimental blah blah.

[size=13pt]1. Shell does not own refineries, the big oil majors have started dis investing in refineries years ago.
2. all those accusing companies of coming to third world countries to rip us off, why don't we keep our raw materials to ourselves
3. where are our indigenous companies that so love us that they open factories and refineries and sell at below cost.
4. and please don't anybody mention government run refineries.
[/size]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16702584

abi oo!
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 03, 2012
[b]That Shell spokesperson should be chased out of Nigeria![/b]This a company that has never done anything good in the nation. From Wikileak's proof of it having eye in top government positions to frowning at the environmental pollution in Niger-Delta area. I wonder why the company is still in the country? It should be kicked out as soon as possible. It is a leach on the oil resources of Nigeria.

Chinese should take over construction of refineries in the Nigeria and let this SHELL of no good to the nation burn in hell.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by mensdept: 4:59am On Mar 03, 2012
all4naija:

[b]That Shell spokesperson should be chased out of Nigeria![/b]This a company that has never done anything good in the nation. From Wikileak's proof of it having eye in top government positions to frowning at the environmental pollution in Niger-Delta area. I wonder why the company is still in the country? It should be kicked out as soon as possible. It is a leach on the oil resources of Nigeria.

Chinese should take over construction of refineries in the Nigeria and let this SHELL of no good to the nation burn in hell.

ABeg sharrap.

Let Shell Oil stay for another 40 years. In fact, the U.S. should come and take over all the oil producing areas of the country.

Yes, I said it.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by otondo55: 5:19am On Mar 03, 2012
Insult to the nation.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by mensdept: 5:47am On Mar 03, 2012
otondo55:

Insult to the nation.

Nope. Ibori is an insult to the nation. Even Yar Adua insult to the nation. Add in the Super Eagles and entire NFF who thought that changing from NFA to NFF was going to improve their minds. They forgot that the N still stands for "Nigga.Area", and you see, 0-0 with Rwanda lol.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by igbo2011(m): 6:03am On Mar 03, 2012
During the Biafran war us Igbos were building our own refineries. Why can't we do this now?
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 03, 2012
brainless FG,so there cn b 2 many refineries n d world bt not 2 much oil in d world, they shuld go nd get crude were their refineries r nw?FG OFFICIALS DSERVE CANNNNING,see hs mouth lyk 'naija get resources'.'invest in gas',em get luck sey i no dy dere. oyibo wl jus blow grammer nd morose dm.mtchw, mk i no vex
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 03, 2012
mens dept:

ABeg sharrap.

Let Shell Oil stay for another 40 years. In fact, the U.S. should come and take over all the oil producing areas of the country.

Yes, I said it.
mens dept:

ABeg sharrap.

Yes, I said it.
Kobojunkie:

abi oo!
naija mumu,sha poverty dy blnd ,bcs u r eatn d spoils of war,ur brain is nw fild wv water 4rm a well,abeg mk dm stay 40 yrz.shey our 4fadas complaind dat d oil didnt allow deir crop 2 grow,it was floodn d farms,it is d scholarshp u hustld 2 get dat is doing u.dy cnt do capital investments in ur country,na only reccurnt ones wey u go dey hail dm daily.beta wise up nd thnk lyk a 2ru naija blood
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by FEMARY1: 6:30am On Mar 03, 2012

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Proxytalk: 6:45am On Mar 03, 2012
I consider this statement very emberrasing to the president and Nigerians. So b/cos there are many refinerys in the world the Africa's largest producer of crude oil dont need to have but they need to import creating jobs for those countries? then shell interest is just to take crude and hes proud to say it .Is nearnes to source of raw mat. not a major factor B4 setting up ind again Nigeria wil always defiy logic Anyway Nigeria is a fraud, no sense of taking ownersip and patriotism from our leaders
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

abi oo!
u c illiteracy is caln ur name,shell does'nt own rf,who cares,who evn gave u dat tot.hw cn u tl m a palmwine tapper has no keg,em dy borrow,av u also bn slapd by poverty?or ignorance,naija. Ure nt 4rm d nd region,did dy tl u dat their fadas cmplaind dat d oil was entern d river,is it nt nw?whch 1 r u nw sayn,y cnt we kp d oil.did dy tl u dat dy begd dm 2 cm nd tk d oil dat they were drownin,no b oyibo cm c am dy mk propositns, ths has ntn 2 do wv our govt rf or our indigenous cmpanies,its about knwn ur rights nt gullibility,u shuld b tln m hw fg officials,min 4 petrol,finance,diplomats n ambassadorz etc especialy shuld b killed.dy cm nd damage ur land,kil ur ple nd tl u dy cnt build rf,cs of d exces in d world.dat world does in include africa,use ya brain oh naija,he didnt evn includ us in d world map.ode!dy pay 1kobo 4 kiln ur ple nd afta sevrl yrz jus deir pipes u c as capital investments.dy knw our gov. Is made up of mumus dat cn negotiate wel dats y dy bargain 2 deir adv, am suspctn dy paid u, naija mumu no2 .dnt annoy m,i cn b brutal.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 03, 2012
These white men are causing a lot of problems for us in nigeria.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by blackboi(m): 7:02am On Mar 03, 2012
I:diotic excuses angry
irritating red-neck shocked
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by tiebe: 7:03am On Mar 03, 2012
S[size=14pt]hell will not build a refinery in Nigeria because our business environment is extremely harsh! [/size]heaven knows that even the exploration and production in Ngeria is expensive enough but generally, still profitable.
[size=18pt]please who spoke about the 43 abi 57% profit sharing? first of all, ur figures are wrong, secondly, where does the remaining profit go? no be your govt? wetin your govt de use am do?[/size]
i've always said that, like any other company,[size=18pt]Shell is in business to make profit. refining in Nigeria is not profitable. [/size]and to the other person who said the chinese build refineries everywhere, pls check why they havent made in Nigeria na.
and finally, [size=18pt]someone said shell has never done anything good in nigeria, ]I know shell is no angel. . . but without shell, some people no go go school, some villages no go get hospital, some no go get school, some no go get road into those communities and some no go ever know wetin be electricity. . . all these, your country is meant to provide o but dem close eye de chop d profit and we're suddenly blaming shell for not developing our country. . . na wa o[/size]
Shell no be our govt o!

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by aurenflani: 7:06am On Mar 03, 2012
they (the multinationals) change tune with different govts. i couldn't see a shell exec spewing such bold nonsense during d buhari/idiagbon era. remember stinnes?
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Proxytalk: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2012
I just wish orient petroluem will do the needful and collaborate with Anambra state govt( other arms of govt inclussive) to create an imaginary Biafra land where things will work. i m seek and tired of this fraud Nigeria producing deep selfish leaders that has produced a bad system that is very difficult to change many thanks to British govt. But i know history will never forgive them.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 03, 2012
@faithinaija.faithless in naija am sori bt u c illiteracy is caln ur name,shell does'nt own rf,who cares,who evn gave u dat tot.hw cn u tl m a palmwine tapper has no keg,em dy borrow,av u also bn slapd by poverty?or ignorance,naija. Ure nt 4rm d nd region,did dy tl u dat their fadas cmplaind dat d oil was entern d river,is it nt nw?whch 1 r u nw sayn,y cnt we kp d oil.did dy tl u dat dy begd dm 2 cm nd tk d oil dat they were drownin,no b oyibo cm c am dy mk propositns, ths has ntn 2 do wv our govt rf or our indigenous cmpanies,its about knwn ur rights nt gullibility,u shuld b tln m hw fg officials,lyk minsta 4 petrol,finance,diplomats n ambassadorz etc especialy shuld b killed.dy cm nd damage ur land,kil ur ple nd tl u dy cnt build rf,cs of d exces in d world.dat world does in include africa,use ya brain oh naija,he didnt evn includ us in d world map.ode!dy pay 1kobo  4 kiln ur ple nd afta sevrl yrz jus deir pipes u c as capital investments.dy knw our gov. Is made up of mumus  dat cnt negotiate wel dats y dy bargain 2 deir adv, am suspctn dy paid u, naija mumu no2   .dnt annoy m,i cn b brutal.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2012
@faithinaija.faithless in naija am sori bt u c illiteracy is caln ur name,shell does'nt own rf,who cares,who evn gave u dat tot.hw cn u tl m a palmwine tapper has no keg,em dy borrow,av u also bn slapd by poverty?or ignorance,naija. Ure nt 4rm d nd region,did dy tl u dat their fadas cmplaind dat d oil was entern d river,is it nt nw?whch 1 r u nw sayn,y cnt we kp d oil.did dy tl u dat dy begd dm 2 cm nd tk d oil dat they were drownin,no b oyibo cm c am dy mk propositns, ths has ntn 2 do wv our govt rf or our indigenous cmpanies,its about knwn ur rights nt gullibility,u shuld b tln m hw fg officials,lyk minsta 4 petrol,finance,diplomats n ambassadorz etc especialy shuld b killed.dy cm nd damage ur land,kil ur ple nd tl u dy cnt build rf,cs of d exces in d world.dat world does in include africa,use ya brain oh naija,he didnt evn includ us in d world map.ode!dy pay 1kobo  4 kiln ur ple nd afta sevrl yrz jus deir pipes u c as capital investments.dy knw our gov. Is made up of mumus  dat cnt negotiate wel dats y dy bargain 2 deir adv, am suspctn dy paid u, naija mumu no2   .dnt annoy m,i cn b brutal.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by tiebe: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2012
and please, lets not say shell is an irresponsible company bla bla bla. it will only be as responsible as the environment it operates. Shell is Norway and Norway is known world wide as the cleanest oil industry. however, sh[size=18pt]ell is only responsible there because Norway is sensible and they dnt tolerate nonsense from any company. but believe me, if shell could cut corners there they would! so, its d same company in norway that is in nigeria. we need to clean up our act and stop looking for who to blame. [/size]
do you know that after the gulf of mexico spill, [size=18pt]the alaskan public was asked if they wanted the oil companies to leave alaska. and there was a resounding no from the polls because they said they were gaining too much![/size] now, this is [size=18pt]not because of the benevolence of the companies there. none of them are charity organisations. But because favorable terms have been negotiated for the cititzens by its govt.[/size]
in summary, nigerians and Nigeria should clean up our act and stop looking for who to blame. I believe that only one can allow oneself to be called a fool! so, shell no go de do us any how, if we sef no gree. . . and its not by fighting and killing ourselves that we'll show we'r not fool o! i no talk say make mend go bomb x2 make shell no call us fool.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by texazzpete(m): 7:21am On Mar 03, 2012
dota:

Look who is calling someone an illiterate. What the heck is this? Please this is the POLITICS section here, we don't condone such 'txt speech' here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero / Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu / Police Release South-East Youths Framed Up As ESN Members After N1m Bribe - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.