Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. (1135 Views)

Reno Omokri Bursts Another PMB Propaganda On Twitter (PICS) / Don’t Desecrate Church With Propaganda, Bishop Tells APC, Buhari, Tinubu / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by oduasolja: 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2012
1. all the minorities supported biafra.

2. no atrocities were committed against minorities.

3. unilateral declaration of biafra was the only option.

4. niger delta oil was not a factor.

5. only igbo people died in the war.

6. Lagos was not bombed.

7. midwest was liberated not invaded.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by DuduNegro: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
. . . . oh you forgot,

8. Biafra went to war because Gowon instead of Brigadier Ogundipe became Head of State.
9. Biafra invaded Bendel and headed West because they were looking for Gowon.
10. Ojukwu did not escape, he went to Ivory Coast in search of peace.
11. If it was not for the whole world behind Nigeria Biafra would have eliminated Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Osiris211: 8:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
12. yorubas are cowards

13. Benjamin Adekunle is a murderer

14. Awolowo is a hypocrite
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by nku5: 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
@op - kindly give me evidence of igbo atrocities during the war. I'm waiting
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Abagworo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
All of you are part of the systemic lies. I've tried to study the so called Mid-West invasion and noticed that all the officers were Mid-Westerners and not Biafrans.

Why would someone fight for what is his? This is with regards to oil. I'm from Oguta LGA in Imo State and to the best of my knowledge my home town was oil producing before 1966. Owaza in Abia and Afam in present Rivers were already oil producing as well. So whose oil were our fathers fighting for?
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Osiris211: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2012
^
Abeg take back your bare face lie. Is mid-west part of Biafra? Go on, go and claim Ijaw oil. South south oil belongs to you Ibos. Abuja na Ibo get am. Lagos na Ibo get am. kano na Ibo be majoriyt. Keep your delusion alive.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
Osiris.211:

^
Abeg take back your bare face lie. Is mid-west part of Biafra? Go on, go and claim Ijaw oil. South south oil belongs to you Ibos. Abuja na Ibo get am. Lagos na Ibo get am. kano na Ibo be majoriyt. Keep your delusion alive.

I never said Mid-West was part of Biafra. Mid-Western soldiers were in charge of Mid-West and not Biafrans. Most of you are all about oil but Igbos are not.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by pazienza(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hehe! Abagworo,u are arguing with the same person,who is using multiple monikers,you have time o.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Osiris211: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
Tell us why Zik carved out mid-west from south western region, few days after he locked up Awolowo. Your best bet is to keep quite and learn how to stop digging when you are in a hole.

Abagworo:

I never said Mid-West was part of Biafra. Mid-Western soldiers were in charge of Mid-West and not Biafrans. Most of you are all about oil but Igbos are not.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by oduasolja: 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
nku5:

ask the efiks and the ijaws wheter or not atrocities were commited against them.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
nku5:

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security".

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

This piece was written by a Midwesterner
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2012
Op,

Biafra was going to Lagos to Liberate SWest.

Dissociating the January 15 coup from the civil war
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by oduasolja: 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
[color=#006600]the mishandling of the Biafra project has thrown an intimidating wedge between them and other people of the former Eastern region, thus making nonsense of efforts to forge an Eastern unity, From Efik to Ibibio and Ogoni, the tendency has been for the Eastern minorities to hold the Igbo collectively responsible for their woes, arguing that they were forced against their will to be part of an unviable Biafra venture. (27 Jan. 1997)

During separate telephone interviews, both the Human Rights Coordinator of The Africa Fund, and the President of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) USA, stated that at the time of the Biafran war the Igbo wanted access to the oil that was present on Ogoni lands (23 Dec. 1998; 30 Dec. 1998). They also said that the Igbo secession initiative involved bringing minorities, including the Ogoni, unwillingly into the dispute with the federal government (ibid.). According to The Independent: "It was an experience that convinced many Ogonis that without political reform, the big three ethnic groups which dominate Nigeria would exploit minority groups such as the Ogonis" (12 Nov. 1995). However, according to the President of MOSOP USA, there is no resentment of Ogoni people toward the Igbo but rather, if there are such feelings, they are on the part of the Igbo for the lack of support the Ogoni gave to secession (30 Dec. 1998). Nonetheless, HRW states that Ogoni "grievances are directed not only against the current federal military government but also against their larger neighbours, notably the Igbo. It is perhaps no coincidence that the Ogonis' most notable leader, Ken Saro-Wiwa, was a Federal Government official during the Biafran secession" (Feb. 1996). A Visiting Scholar at Columbia University noted that at the time of the war, Ken Saro-Wiwa sided with the federal government on the Igbo's bid for independence (4 Jan. 1999).
[/color]

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2ea22,3ae6ab5150,0,IRBC,,.html
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by Ngodigha1(m): 12:05am On Mar 03, 2012
Oduasolja, you should be more concerned with contents awo drank before he breathed last. It can be found here.

Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by amor4ce(m): 2:42am On Mar 03, 2012
They (reddish- and hairy-looking descendants of Edom who was also reddish- and hairy-looking) say they were being marginalized and massacred but they don't want to take responsibility for sowing the seeds with their repugnant and narcissistic innate urge to dominate others. They introduced unitary system but complain about marginalization.
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by JinjaWiid: 3:07am On Mar 03, 2012
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]ODUASOLJA, get a life!. It seems only hatred of the Igbo runs in your veins. Its a pity to see a young man invest so much in hatred. There is more to life than hatred of the Igbo. It seems you get your kicks by inciting Igbo hatred. Ok, You've had your fun, now get of my dick![/size][/size][/size]
Re: Igbo Propaganda On The Civil War. by JinjaWiid: 3:11am On Mar 03, 2012
ODUASOLJA,  get a life!. It seems only hatred of the Igbo runs in your veins. Its a pity to see a young man invest so much in hatred.  There is more to life than hatred of the Igbo. It seems you get your kicks by inciting Igbo hatred. Ok,  You've had your fun, now get of my Joystick.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Jalingo / It's Easier For A Minority To Become The President In Naija Than Other Countries / US Banks Freeze Nigerian Embassy Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.