Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,770 members, 7,889,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:12 PM

Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! (828 Views)

Dakuku Is Love By Rivers People But The Hatred For Govnor Ameachi Made Him Lost / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail / Why The Hatred On Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2012
Nairaland Owners/Moderators:
It is very disappointing that this forum is a breeding ground for intolerance, bigotry, tribalism, and pure hatred.
If no one has spoken before about this, I WILL. It is utterly shameful that you use this forum to promote such sentiments. You are the PROBLEM.
If this is not stopped, i will make it a personal mission to start a campaign that will discredit this site and divest it of it membership.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by dayokanu(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2012
Random guess you are Ibo?

ANother one whining and complaining, Didnt one of you guys open a similar thread like 3 weeks ago yet that didnt stop your brothers from posting tribalistic threads

Do you guys have whining in your DNA?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 9:00am On Mar 03, 2012
Yes Sir, I am Igbo, and married to a yoruba lady ( a doctor no less). I have not hidden it. Just go back to my profile and see when i joined the site and how i introduced myself.
It is frustrating to see Nigerians stuck on "stupid mode".
I have since shed my ethnic worldview and see my self as a black man. That happens when you leave the shores of Naija- you see the world as it really is. What will it take to get you all to stop the hatred- that is the same sentiment that triggered for the genocide in rwanda. Do you want to incite to genocide, then SAY SO.
Yes- igbo, yoruba, edo, bini, tiv, hausa, zulu, are my brothers and sisters.
You may think that it all fun and games, but you are teaching each other that it is alright to hate. And that is wrong. If i have to whine to get you and others to stop,so be it. Whining is in my DNA.
DO you think it is fine to incite hatred because you think you'll be the one killing others? Let me ask you: Is it in your DNA to incite hatred and to incite to genocide? Then you are no man.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Osiris211: 9:17am On Mar 03, 2012
Goto to tribalism section and count the number of threads started by Ibos, a quick perusal of comments made in those threads is pointer the sheer whited sepulcher they harbor against other regions. Or take a mild survey of threads in this section that was hijacked by thesame group of vermins.

Yet, slowcoach like the OP wont find it worthy to persaude these bunch of bigots running hay wire from to thread to thread insulting other tribes.

Only when the heat is reversed, you would see ding bats whining all over the places, crying like some low life pussie about to be violated. Wetin dem don see sef?

dayokanu:

Random guess you are Ibo?

ANother one whining and complaining, Didnt one of you guys open a similar thread like 3 weeks ago yet that didnt stop your brothers from posting tribalistic threads

Do you guys have whining in your DNA?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 03, 2012
What is ofenmanu if i may ask ?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you tell me
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Osiris211: 9:34am On Mar 03, 2012
Are you just noticing the "hatred"?

Or you are waking up from the slumber of hypocricy after the heat is becoming unbearable on you?

Or you are suffering from acute selective amnesia, for you not see Ibos are the main problem we are having here?

Or you just wish one group to stop while other run amok freely?

No one is going to take you serious, after repeatedly displaying thesame pattern of hypocricy, you lure others to sheath their swords while at thesam time sharpening yours. Your usual "na we get sense pass can never work"!

If I didn't know better!

JinjaWiid:

Yes Sir, I am Igbo, and married to a yoruba lady ( a doctor no less). I have not hidden it. Just go back to my profile and see when i joined the site and how i introduced myself.
It is frustrating to see Nigerians stuck on "silly mode".
I have since shed my ethnic worldview and see my self as a black man. That happens when you leave the shores of Naija- you see the world as it really is. What will it take to get you all to stop the hatred- that is the same sentiment that triggered for the genocide in rwanda. Do you want to incite to genocide, then SAY SO.
Yes- igbo, yoruba, edo, bini, tiv, hausa, zulu, are my brothers and sisters.
You may think that it all fun and games, but you are teaching each other that it is alright to hate. And that is wrong. If i have to whine to get you and others to stop,so be it. Whining is in my DNA.
DO you think it is fine to incite hatred because you think you'll be the one killing others? Let me ask you: Is it in your DNA to incite hatred and to incite to genocide? Then you are no man.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 9:39am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^
in other words, keep the blood wine flowing. How you make Bacchus proud!
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2012
What is ofenmanu ?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^
why dont you tell me?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 03, 2012
JinjaWiid:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
why dont you tell me?

If ibos can call yorubas ofenmanu,who is then the originator of hatred on nL ?
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 03, 2012
@Bluetooth- ofe mmanu means oily food. Yoruba people love eating oil soups, stews and foods hence the name.

@JingaWild- guy I feel ur pain. I am a fellow Igbo like you and in time past I made the same complaint but to no avail. You just go with the flow. Nairalanders aren't as tribalistic as they seem online. Most are just having fun.

My fellow nairalanders, abeg try to imagine how boring NL will be with tribalism sad  abeg make una nor stop o! I enjoy all the fights cos it keeps me from being bored and makes me laugh like a forking laughing jackass grin

Go on son! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2012
So isnt it derogatory to use that word ''ofenmanu'' to qualify the whole of yorubas ?
pDude:

@Bluetooth- ofe mmanu means oily food. Yoruba people love eating oil soups, stews and foods hence the name.

@JingaWild- guy I feel ur pain. I am a fellow Igbo like you and in time past I made the same complaint but to no avail. You just go with the flow. Nairalanders aren't as tribalistic as they seem online. Most are just having fun.

My fellow nairalanders, abeg try to imagine how boring NL will be with tribalism sad  abeg make una nor stop o! I enjoy all the fights cos it keeps me from being bored and makes me laugh like a forking laughing jackass grin

Go on son! cheesy
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2012
it'll never heal if we all keep licking past wounds.
just say NO to hatred and tribal chauvinism.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So isnt it derogatory to use that word ''ofenmanu'' to qualify the whole of yorubas ?

It is very derogatory. So also is Okoro.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 03, 2012
I can as well call ibos ''Ajekuta mamu omi'' meaning ibos can eat stone without drinking water.If that is the case,then we should live with it that way !
pDude:

It is very derogatory. So also is Okoro.
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 03, 2012
JinjaWiid:

it'll never heal if we all keep licking past wounds.
just say NO to hatred and tribal chauvinism.

My man, the problem is that you take NL too seriously. Even the moderators and Seun (nairaland owner) don't even take the site seriously. The mods are the main culprits of the tribalism. Many of them have multiple user IDs and sign in just to start fights. Seun once confessed on his facebook thread that he trolled on the political forum as Ogaga4luv. Ogaga4luv is a well known tribalist and is very abusive.

The koko is that you should just come here to have fun. As for myself, I am here to read news, yab people and be yabbed. grin I advice you to do the same.

Yes, where is that winch Lasinoh. angry
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by JinjaWiid: 10:15am On Mar 03, 2012
stop the hate!
Re: Nairaland Owners/moderators: Stop The Hatred! by ACM10: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2012
P.S.: Pls tune in to Splash FM 105.5 Ibadan on saturday 10/03/12 from 10AM to 11AM for a live debate between Igbo and Yoruba intellectuals. I'm working to get the tape of today's debate and post it online for public consumption. People are being seriously miseducated on the events surrounding the war and its actors here on NL

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed Gani Fawehimin A True Son A His Father! / Boko Haram Kill Comptroller Of Customs Incharge Of Yobe And Borno States / Student Jailed For Inciting Racial Hatred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.