Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:28 AM

Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? (23639 Views)

Ojukwu vs Fela - Place your bets...... / Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / Activists Remember MKO Abiola Who Died 17 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ojukwu24(m): 5:13am On Mar 05, 2012
Na wah o. See hatred in action,see triabalism. What is wrong with you guys? The earlier you stop this,the better for you as a country. We have better things that should be talked about,not comparing people who have made their impacts in this country and has joined ther ancestors. And many of you are here insulting the dead? This really shows that many people on NL are not matured.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by bashydemy(m): 5:28am On Mar 05, 2012
Abiola is by far more popular that Ojukwu
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 5:29am On Mar 05, 2012
Abiola was a common thief.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by iconaus: 5:36am On Mar 05, 2012
Who actually conducted the election that Abiola won? An ibo man( Prof Nwosu ) who sacrificed his life and the position to release the  result despite the order from IBB for the result not to be released . This goes a long way to showcase the spirit of an igbo man. If it was a youruba man who was in the position of Prof Nwosu , would he had done similar to an Ibo man in Abiola's shoe? From what i am seeing in this NL, the answer is NO? There u are!  June 12 1993 is too young compared to 1960-1970 that is pivotal to yorubas hatred for Ibos- It is high time yorubas let go and imbibe Prof Nwosu spirit .

This singular attribute or courage from Prof Nwosu  has vindicated Igbos from all the hating accusation from the yorubas . It  showcases  truly the real heart of an Igbo man - Justice to all irrespective of your tribes or race.

Therefore Ojukwu being champion for justice was also seen in Prof Nwosu - both are brothers.

Needless comparing  Abiola and Ojukwu . No basis for comparism.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by bashydemy(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2012
Obiagu1:

Abiola was a common thief.
and Oju-Iku wans a useless coward
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cfours: 5:43am On Mar 05, 2012
icon aus,
shown your true color haven't you?
what will your "yoruba best friends" say?  grin  

I say it's time igbo people stop comparing themselves with yoruba and hausa.
does it make you sleep better at night to create silly topics comparing yourself with others?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 5:45am On Mar 05, 2012
bashy_demy:

and Oju-Iku wans a useless coward

. . . but he was never a thief. You should be comparing Abiola with Anenih (the thief).
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cfours: 5:55am On Mar 05, 2012
who in the world is Annenih 

I supported Abiola and his murder is unfortunate. the most unfortunate thing is that Ojukwu came back to become an IBB suporter.
In fact I remember Abiola's burial back then. he was buried very simply and immediately (the next day after his death); wrapped in white cloth and a mat I think. muslim burial rights dictate that people be buried simply and rapidly.

I can't believe anybody is even bringing up his name today. he is in no way comparable to Ojukwu.
Ojukwu is a sort of a igbo demi-god.
whereas Abiola is simply a politician who won the presidential elections was martyred. we yorubas do not look up to him as a hero or god or anything like that. lol that's strictly an igbo thing that I can never understand
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by bashydemy(m): 5:56am On Mar 05, 2012
Obiagu1:

. . . but he was never a thief. You should be comparing Abiola with Anenih (the thief).
In simple word Abiola has never been in any public office, He is just a business man just like Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim are you going to say those are thieves too?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by eghost247(m): 5:58am On Mar 05, 2012
both to their respective tribes
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cfours: 5:59am On Mar 05, 2012
who remembers his campaign song?

MKO Kingigbe SDP Action. Abiola Abiola Progress  grin grin

eghost247:

both to their respective tribes

that's fair.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 6:01am On Mar 05, 2012
bashy_demy:

In simple word Abiola has never been in any public office, He is just a business man just like Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim are you going to say those are thieves too?

Ask your brother Fela.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cfours: 6:08am On Mar 05, 2012
according to fela, all politicians are thieves. even the businessmen.

I think I agree  that 99% are
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by TRUTHTELA: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2012
Was it not Fela that did a song that went like this " Obasanjo & Abiola, International thief theif, ITTT Does anyone remember that song?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by kunyeo(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2012
As Nobel and novel as NL is ,it is its invasion by these tribal cretins that will destroy it. Only a fool sees issues from tribal perspective because it is a Variable you can't determine.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by boygenius93: 6:44am On Mar 05, 2012
u guys shouldnt treat dis issue as bein tribalistic . i think from my own point of view for ojukwu to have left his wealth to fight for his people is a nice one indeed dont no y abiola is compared to him
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2012
Ojuku was a common riff raff and a coward who fled and left his ppl to die
Abiola died for what he believed in

Ojuku the cradle robber can only be compared to Osisikankwu

In an advanced country Ojuku would be a registered sex offender
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by mansmith(m): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2012
mko made money via government contracts invariably corruption.look at what he did with our telcoms,he rendered d sector useless n made it a thing for the rich alone
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:54am On Mar 05, 2012
^^ Look at what Ojuku did to the lives of 3million Igbos?

Thats crime against humanity and he came back to marry a girl he attended her christening

Biancars dad trusted Ojuku and made him his daughters godfather but the useless cradle robber was fantasying about sleeping with the young girl

What a shame. Ojuku is a disgrace. No wonder Chief Onoh never supported the marriage
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dnaz(m): 7:00am On Mar 05, 2012
Yoruba ppl una no dey tire, after everything una go say, d whole world including ur laeders ll still recognise ojukwu as a great man. If I be bluetooth or dayo I for don drink kerosine since
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by newguy1(m): 7:02am On Mar 05, 2012
Oga. Oo we the kind of brain u ppl r usin to talk here seriously mean dis country got no future. Compare does mean u have to start dissin one just to make one more relevent than d other. As far as I kw ojuwu is a hero among is igbo ppl n abiola as was kwn then AS A MAN OF D PPL, well all I see is than wht ever there plan was for nigeria was dey nevas get d chance to materialise it so Shu.t up if u don't hav a meaninful tin to say abt ppl dat actual hav objective turnin everitin to tribalism shit .dis is just a form of racism later u ppl go con dey talk say white discriminate when una gan no lik each oda
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ACM10: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2012
dayokanu:

Ojuku was a common riff raff and a coward who fled and left his ppl to die
Abiola died for what he believed in

Ojuku the cradle robber can only be compared to Osisikankwu

In an advanced country Ojuku would be a registered sex offender

Would you have preferred Ikemba to stay back and ingest otapiapia like your contemporary?

Sorry, our culture forbids that
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ACM10: 7:06am On Mar 05, 2012
Abiola simply was a thief and made his money on the back of the suffering common masses of Nigeria.

There is no basis for comparison between Ojukwu and Abiola
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by KINGwax(m): 7:08am On Mar 05, 2012
Hmmm, let's see.
First, it shld b abiola and okorocha, then obj and ojukwu. But since the sense aint there for d OP, lemme kill his moral.
Undstnd dt d fight of june 12 is alwys called d stepping stone to d stay democrasy in nigeria today. In fact, ibb still kept apologising to nigerians today. Now, to ojokwu, was he really not d cos of hatred among various tribes in nigeria. And he's one reason why igbos think they're better off. See, he's a typical ibo man seeks to survive and grab power and wealth all for his sake. Abiola is a philantropist well knw.
And to think it's a shame not to be buried in his homeland, then u don't undstnd the yoruba people of today, nobody places a stup¡d importance on stup¡d things. They are far more civic than you. I knw u start a war if he wasn't buried in his town. Abi? ¡diots
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by abiolag(m): 7:09am On Mar 05, 2012
I have read some stupid replies from irritated nigerians and i fear for d future of this country,when youths that are to be leaders of tomorrow are comparing 2 great icons in this manner.D only brave ones are HAUSAS.YORUBAS & IGBOS ARE BUNCH OF COWARDICE.GOD HELP THIS NATION
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by islamrules(m): 7:14am On Mar 05, 2012
I am a Yoruba man from Ile-Ife. lets speak the truth. Ojukwu is more popular, made impact. Who is MKO? Although Awolowo is more popular than both.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by backbelle: 7:17am On Mar 05, 2012
Those saying that lagos belongs to AWORIS that they will chase yorubas way sooner, fine,are they not also yorubas?, u bunch of OLODOS.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ACM10: 7:23am On Mar 05, 2012
KINGwax:

Hmmm, let's see.
First, it shld b abiola and okorocha, then obj and ojukwu. But since the sense aint there for d OP, lemme kill his moral.
Undstnd dt d fight of june 12 is alwys called d stepping stone to d stay democrasy in nigeria today. In fact, ibb still kept apologising to nigerians today. Now, to ojokwu, was he really not d cos of hatred among various tribes in nigeria. And he's one reason why igbos think they're better off. See, he's a typical ibo man seeks to survive and grab power and wealth all for his sake. Abiola is a philantropist well knw.
And to think it's a shame not to be buried in his homeland, then u don't undstnd the yoruba people of today, nobody places a stup¡d importance on stup¡d things. They are far more civic than you. I knw u start a war if he wasn't buried in his town. Abi? ¡diots

Abiola is a common thief and a looter. How did he get his money for philanthropy?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ak4God(m): 7:31am On Mar 05, 2012
saint acm
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by onyewec3: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2012
Ojukwu is far and by far popular and respected. While abiola had stolen our wealth through conniving with his brother obasanjo via ITT(international thief thief) which dere own brother too(fela anikulapo kuti) was totally against. Ojukwu neva stole a bit of nigeria currency. So both are different, igi imu jino si ori(yoruba)*nose is farther dan d forehead.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by BabaO2: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2012
Ojukwu's burial was a sham not original .FG were only sympathetic so that easterners don't feel unrecognized. The body language was there.
Ojukwu vs Abiola? Ojukwu tested his popularity and might as military man, he was averagely accepted only in Abia,IMO,anambra and enugu.
He came back from exile with the illusion like some people here that he was popular , he contested mere senatorial election, his so called clan rejected him.
Abiola contested  Nigeria presidency, overwhelmingly , he won SS,NE,NW and SW, equally had mandatory acceptance in SE. At his burial were representatives of world leading countries ,NANS, uncontrollable number of Nigerians from all regions etc
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Mar 05, 2012
Stupid thread. useless poster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why We Opposed Ayu’s Sack, Discarded Wike’s Option — Atiku's Campaign Group / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: Explain Whereabouts Of Your Commissioner Arrested Overseas / South South Governors Agree To Join Supreme Court Suit on VAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.