Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books (8358 Views)

Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by LagBlogger(m): 2:15am On Mar 05, 2012
@op

You are correct and on spot. Leave the gullible fanatics who would rather dictate to God how they would serve him. Informed people and devout people who love the truth will always like to hear stuff like you have posted. Ride on!
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by clip: 2:22am On Mar 05, 2012
Free things do not have much value most times. When you considered the cost of purchasing the book. You will read it and l add value to yourself. NOTHING IS FREE, SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY PAID FOR THE FREE GIFT.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by adultebony(m): 3:08am On Mar 05, 2012
@OP, have you ever crystalise any thought in your shallow mind to a point of putting it down in a book format? Better get a life and get off this Forum. You can give your life a meaning by doing something better than criticizing men of God.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by adultebony(m): 3:17am On Mar 05, 2012
@OP, have you ever crystalise any thought in your shallow mind to a point of putting it down in a book format? Better get a life and get off this Forum. You can give your life a meaning by doing something better than criticizing men of God.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by paulokwudiri(m): 3:51am On Mar 05, 2012
I am not trying to critisize anybody anyways but the way most pentecostal churchs operate is quite alarming.Selling a book written by a pastor to its congregation is no sin,but most atime the way they go about it is uncalled-for.I was invited to one of these new generation pentecostal churchs.The pastor was busy preaching properity throughout his sermon."If u dont give enough to God u will definitely not get enough".The one that baffles me the most was during offering, the pastor said "plz raise ur offerings up do not hide it so that God will not hide his face away frm u"I couldnt raise mine coz i had little moni on me.I came to realize that this is just a method to exploit the congregation.We give to God from the depth of our heart.If u want to give to God must the person u r sitting with know what u want to give.HYPOCRISY AND PROSPERITY PREACHERS.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by jedisco(m): 4:06am On Mar 05, 2012
@op so from your line of thought, you can
also say gospel musicians should give people their cd's for no amount.

As regard Gideons bibles. I know you like using them and enjoy being given freely. But have you ever asked yourself how they are are provided freely to people? Or do you think they are produced and transported for free? Also have you bothered to ask yourself how Gideons survive?

There is absolutely nothing wrong in encouraging people to buy books from time to time especially if its geared towards their spiritual growth. Also in these days of rampant false teachings it is very important for such books to be from trusted authors. Although this shouldn't be done excessively just like every other thing
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Labyboy(m): 5:33am On Mar 05, 2012
some things are better left unsaid BUT u got this all wrong,
, i have wasted my money on some dummy books on financial wealth and materials that didnt help at all,
, but ONE WORD FROM GOD; COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER,

I rest my case
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 05, 2012
@tithe
which one is the spiritual thing there, the book or the money
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by stillme(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2012
@poster,u r idiot. U need to grow up. Salvation may be free but not cheap.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by sexysunnyb(m): 7:20am On Mar 05, 2012
Arch Bishop na Miliki Pope na Enjoyment Immam na Igbaladun
rarararararara Archbishop dey enjoy
pope self dey enjoy
Immam self dey enjoy
MY BROTHER WETIN YOU DEY
ALL UNA NA ODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by ekpriobong(m): 7:54am On Mar 05, 2012
@Paulokwudiri
You see the pastor was not quite  wrong in asking you to raise your offering that day. You don't have to be ashamed in anything u do for God. Always have the mentality that u are not giving to man  but God and do it the best you feel can be measured  with the standard/level He has bless you. Not u were big enough to give more than what u did and u gave just that. Next time u have opportunity to give, do it with joy. If the man of God ask u to raise it, raise it. Make up your mind to obey God's instruction through your man of God. This is how you get blessed for anything you do. Be happy that you are a part to take the gospel to the next level.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by layemx(m): 8:11am On Mar 05, 2012
Please let everyone start watching out on this site, it sounding more of anti christian, if not abusing pastor, is hw he thinks they r aquiring wealth, and so on. They never talk about iman does dat mean they r perfect, please my dear people i dnt kwn what is bad in a leader wanting his member to succed by telling them to buy books dat wil better their life. Becareful at thread owner u r making dis site unlovely
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by OmoPastor(m): 8:18am On Mar 05, 2012
@ op

why have you chosen to display your ignorance publicly and embarrassing yourself?

my advise to you is very simple: since you are of the opinion that many pastors are falling short (according to you) of running the ministry the way they are expected to, you should show them the right way by starting a ministry and writing books that you will give out freely to everyone and lets see how far you will go in life.

if you are not ready to carry out this simple instruction then shut your bucal cavity up, seems you a running mouth disease. angry angry angry

grand rubbish angry angry angry
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by megawax8: 8:28am On Mar 05, 2012
very irrelevant post
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by logica(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2012
Touch not his anointed!
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Akwenukemarho(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2012
I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT MANY PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE EDUCATED STILL FALL FOR SCAMS SUCH AS THESE, THE SO CALLED PASTORS ENRICH THEMSELVES WITH ILL GOTTEN MONEY, IT'S ILL GOTTEN BECAUSE I SEE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PASTOR CHRIS AND THE ORDINARY YAHOO BOY ON THE STREET, CHRISTIANS ARE BEEN SOLD LIES EVERYDAY, AND THE[b] IGNORAMUSES[/b] STILL BELIEVE SUCH LIES, THEY BELIEVE IN THE MYTH OF A VIRGIN MAN, WHO WAS BORN BY A VIRGIN AND WHO DIED A VIRGIN, THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD AND THAT HE DIED FOR THEIR SINS, CHRISTIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD TODAY FROM THE DARK AGES TILL NOW THEY STILL FIND A WAY TO BE HYPOCRITICAL OF EVERYTHING, I COMMEND THE POSTER FOR ATTEMPTING TO ENLIGHTEN THESE BLIND PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON, BUT THE TRUTH IS THEY LOVE BEEN BLIND, THEY DON'T WANT TO SEE. THEY SHOULD KEEP ON BUYING THE SO CALLED SPIRITUAL BOOKS, I'D RATHER READ THE 'AWAKE' OR 'WATCHTOWER' THAN READ ANY OF THESE FRAUDULENT BOOKS BY THESE CON/MEN PASTORS.

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2012
Some MOGs as i knw depend solely on proceeds 4rm d books n dvds they author 4 d upkeep of themselves n their families,since dey bliv evryman shud work wif his hands.they don't touch d tithe as they bliv it is 4 d church's upkeep.so,op,hw do expect such mogs 2 survive if they dont sell their bks n videos anymore??would u rather dat dey dubiously milk their congregatn dry
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2012
Churches in Nigeria
_ Touch us not. We provide you spiritual treasures for your physical treasures.
_ Thou shall honor thy father and mother, and worship thy Pastor. The grace is special for us not you, It didnt comeeasy, we had to sweat for it.
_Be not be pulled away from The brethren by reason. These.things are spirtual. Be brain dead but Spirit led.
_Buy our books. Jesus blood is free, gifts free, but.our.'unction' isnt.

Bro. Staggar, God.bles you. May.the Holy.spirit that is.staggering.ur.life. sink.you.in.a.bottomless.pit.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2012
If education is expensive, try ignorance! Make researches, read books and continue learning till you sleep. So we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2012
ekpriobong:

Am so happy that NLs are beginning to understand the nature of person that you are. You started gradually and now you have loose your fame here. Your inputs would not be regarded anymore by any rational human no matter how the construction may sound great. And  I still repeat that your Gross Mental Output and Attitude [GMOaA] is erroneously low. You waste most of your time thinking and writing bullshit. Imagine the time you wasted to come up with this poo. Is this growth at all? The last time I told you if you don't apology and leave men of God alone if you cannot say anything good about them your future is seal and you took it as a threat but it beginning to happen. The large support you used to enjoyed whenever you drop poo here is waning and very soon you won't even be useful anymore to even yourself if you don't realize what you have done and make amends. A word they say is enough for the wise. It all left for you!

Are you one of these 'pastors' who is eating from your congregation? It sounds like you are. And the truth hurts doesn't it. Well this post is exposing useless fraudsters like you! Be Warned! Bit by bit your type will be purged from our society. Ole!

stillme:

Salvation may be free but not cheap.

That is without a doubt the MOST ignorant statement I have ever heard! Do u actually know what it means to think for yourself? You really are a Pastor's Zombie.

OmoPastor:

@ op

why have you chosen to display your ignorance publicly and embarrassing yourself?

my advise to you is very simple: since you are of the opinion that many pastors are falling short (according to you) of running the ministry the way they are expected to, you should show them the right way by starting a ministry and writing books that you will give out freely to everyone and lets see how far you will go in life.

if you are not ready to carry out this simple instruction then shut your bucal cavity up, seems you a running mouth disease.  angry angry angry

grand rubbish  angry angry angry

So going by your reasoning, the only way I can justify critising some wrong that the governor of my state is doing is to become the governor? Ode! Is it my fault your father did not train you well? My advise to you is to keep quiet so people will think you might have sense rather than opening your mouth and confirming that you don't.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by ojubi(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2012
@ opps. Personally, i am not a fan of DAVID OYEDEPO. I ve never worshiped in any branches of his churches.
But i ve not read "breaking finnancial hardship" by D. OYEDEPO, i would still be a poor and under employed young man.
So opps choose your battles well.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by humblebee: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2012
irrespective of what the MOG's tell you, i think you still have a choice. they won't put hands in your pockets besides compare your BIS subscription and a book, leaders are readers in most cases, so you should choose which book you need and buy if convenient
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nwapst(m): 10:37am On Mar 05, 2012
Grey Beard, am certain that one day, u will attract a course from the spirit, since u cant think of anything gud to do with ur life than criticise Men of God. I wish u best of luck though! just continue
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 05, 2012
Nwapst:

Grey Beard, am certain that one day, u will attract a course from the spirit, since u cant think of anything gud to do with ur life than criticise Men of God. I wish u best of luck though! just continue
Go to hell with your useless threat,
How can a 'Spirit of truth' strike someone for speaking the TRUTH, may that 'Spirit' deliver you from hypnosis,
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by masotemi: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2012
What is wrong in selling books authored by a pastor to members using the church platform? Some posts and comments here on nairaland is sometimes parochial and borne out of little or no education on subject/issues being thrown up!
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
@musKeeto - Never mind these brain-washed pastor zombies like Nwapst. Their pastor has instilled so much fear in them with nonsense about how God will condemn anyone who speaks out against these practises. What Nwapst doesn't realise is that not everyone is carrying around the spirit of fear like he (or she) is.

Nwapst:

@Nwapst - The Holy Spirit does not issue the spirit of fear so if you are afraid that speaking out like this will bring some punishment from the spirit then I feel sorry for you. Is this Bible based? It is precisely this kind of brain-washing that keeps you as part of the money machine that many churches have become. My advise to you is to pray to God directly for REAL revelation and have the courage to truly follow His ways.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
Akwenuke marho:

THEY BELIEVE IN THE MYTH OF A VIRGIN MAN, WHO WAS BORN BY A VIRGIN AND WHO DIED A VIRGIN, THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD AND THAT HE DIED FOR THEIR SINS, CHRISTIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD TODAY FROM THE DARK AGES TILL NOW THEY STILL FIND A WAY TO BE HYPOCRITICAL OF EVERYTHING

So you are obviously not a follower of Christ. And I can respect that. But do you think to shock people out of their faith by posting such a ridiculous picture? Surely you must see that posting what you believe to be a picture of Jesus as a living zombie with a blood stained mouth is highly disrespectful to the beliefs of many on this thread. Especially since it isn't fact-based but purely an emotional cheap shot.
Yes I agree that throughout hsitory evil men have used Christianity to further their own wicked ambitions but you can't blame Jesus Christ for that. If you know what He stood for you'll see that.
And besides, if there was no Christianlty evil men would still find other ways to further their ambitions of power and greed. So be wise and understand the reality of things. The Christian faith is a personal thing. Either you have it or you don't. And to have it you need to take a leap of faith. If you want to find out more all you have to do is get hold of a Bible and just read (in either Matthew, Mark, Luke or John) about the life of the Man that we are following and you'll get why we call Him (amoungst other things) The King of Love.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by cocoduck: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
What about Jehovah's witnesses we only ask you to donate some money. Sometimes we give away the mags and books free of charge that is if you are interested in the message and have no money on you
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by paulokwudiri(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
ekpriobong:

@Paulokwudiri
You see the pastor was not quite wrong in asking you to raise your offering that day. You don't have to be ashamed in anything u do for God. Always have the mentality that u are not giving to man but God and do it the best you feel can be measured with the standard/level He has bless you. Not u were big enough to give more than what u did and u gave just that. Next time u have opportunity to give, do it with joy. If the man of God ask u to raise it, raise it. Make up your mind to obey God's instruction through your man of God. This is how you get blessed for anything you do. Be happy that you are a part to take the gospel to the next level.

you said so coz you are part of the system.I am sure you attend one of these pentecostal churchs thats why u sound the way u did,although i dont critize them coz i knw some still knw what they are doing.That very day was my first experience on such things,i attend catholic and this has neva been done and i am sure that pastors ministering in churchs like Jehovah's witness,anglican assemblies of God to mention but few wont act in that way.Must pple expose there offerings,didnt same God preach against it or do u want me to quote bibble for.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by paulokwudiri(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
cocoduck:

What about Jehovah's witnesses we only ask you to donate some money. Sometimes we give away the mags and books free of charge that is if you are interested in the message and have no money on you

I concur with you bro, there are few churchs that worth it.I dont attend Jehova witness but most times i interact with there members and rub minds together concerning christianity and God in general.I cant say my church dont have loopholes but holes in pentecostal churchs are so wide open and numerious that most can attest to.I rest my case.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by OldBushman(m): 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
I know you not, you workers of iniquity. Can anyone comprehend this.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by elsirich: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2012
@poster, u just open ur mouth and u start vomitting rubbish. If u don't have anything to say can't you just read other posts and get out the the blog or the the people buying it with ur money or complaining to you?
Honestly u just acted like a low life, God forsaken, frustrated and if am not mistaken cursed individual , who can not see beyond the point where u are presently.
Learn to keep quiet if u don't have anything reasonable to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Church? / Today Is Rev Tom Amenkhienan's Birthday! / If Your Pastor Turns Stone To Bread Would You Eat It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.