Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,821 members, 7,945,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? (8047 Views)

Warri Car Deal (2005 Lexus ES330) Toks / Warri Car Deal: Super Clean 2004 Toyota Camry (toks ) / Best car deal ever- fully loaded '05 Nissan Pathfinder-N2.5M check it out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by chucky234(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
Imagine one lousy mouth saying I dont know what anything about car import when I have two accounts with top auction companies in Canada.
I said you can ship a car from US to Lagos for as low as $800 and one literate-illiterate asked if from Senegal or Port Harcourt.
You can buy a clean trouble-free 2003 EOD in US for $6,000 if you are buying directly from the owner and not from dealers or sub-dealers and N1,050,000 is enough to keep the car at your showroom in Lagos,why then you dont want to sell for N1.3m?
People sell their cars in US for different reasons,not every car you find cheap has problem.
The best way to buy a car from US is by buying directly from the principal owner,I told him my friend sold his car a nicompoop said I dont know what my friend does in the US when I was talking of a white American man who have used 6 cars in the last 4 years and sold 5 of them at very cheap prices.
If you are making a N100,000 from a car thats more than enough profit for a single car sold but no Nigerian dealers always want to make a fortune from selling a car,this attitude will never help you.
there are so man good guys out there who sell their cars at reasonable prices and those unscrupulous element will go about telling buyers that cars sold at such rates are faulty cars.
Lets be sincere with ourselves and call a spade a spade,there are good cars out there going for N1.3m
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by femmy2010(m): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

Imagine one lousy mouth saying I dont know what anything about car import when I have two accounts with top auction companies in Canada.
I said you can ship a car from US to Lagos for as low as $800 and one literate-illiterate asked if from Senegal or Port Harcourt.
You can buy a clean trouble-free 2003 EOD in US for $6,000 if you are buying directly from the owner and not from dealers or sub-dealers and N1,050,000 is enough to keep the car at your showroom in Lagos,why then you dont want to sell for N1.3m?

I don't know much about car procurement from the USA but your calculation of N1.050m to a Lagos showroom is very wrong when you used your buying price of $6000.

Buying Price - $6000 equals to N960k but what happened to Trucking cost?Shipping cost?clearing cost?
sad
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by deshclones(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
@fhemmy,

am marveled by your constant display of humility, gosh, am hooked, kindly keep it up bro, u will definitely go places, wink wink
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

People sell their cars in US for different reasons,not every car you find cheap has problem.
The best way to buy a car from US is by buying directly from the principal owner,I told him my friend sold his car a nicompoop said I dont know what my friend does in the US when I was talking of a white American man who have used 6 cars in the last 4 years and sold 5 of them at very cheap prices.
If you are making a N100,000 from a car thats more than enough profit for a single car sold but no Nigerian dealers always want to make a fortune from selling a car,this attitude will never help you.
there are so man good guys out there who sell their cars at reasonable prices and those unscrupulous element will go about telling buyers that cars sold at such rates are faulty cars.
Lets be sincere with ourselves and call a spade a spade,there are good cars out there going for N1.3m

Can you give us a breakdown of how 1.05m can get a car to the Lagos showroom?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by knelson(m): 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

You really do not know what you are talking about. This is the breakdown for the EOD senario:

Cost of the Car = 6000USD
Shipping from the US= 1200USD
Storage before you ship the car= 50USD
Towing=50USD
other related costs= 50USD
Total US cost(including Shipping)= 7350USD

Nigerian Cost:

Clearing cost=250,000NGN
Moving cost= 10,000NGN
Other related costs= 10,000NGN

Total Cost (Nigeria) = 270,000 NGN

Now, let's convert the US cost to NGN and add up everything:

7350*150 + 270, 000 = 1,372,500 NGN

This is a very conservative estimate my little mouth friend. Now you tell me how you came about you number.

And the talk about your friend being a white guy. who says white people do not do bad things too. I have lived with white people for more that 20 yrs now. They are no better than the black people giving the same circumstances.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
deshclones:

@fhemmy,

am marveled by your constant display of humility, gosh, am hooked, kindly keep it up bro, u will definitely go places, wink wink

Thanks and God bless
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by walescars1: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
Yes you can get a good car deal from good minded people, not people that want to rip others off their few bugs, i deal on car in the UK; you can really have better pricing than the one to the USA or Canada. the only problem i am having is that the Car's here are right handed when i bring it down to Nigeria we convert it to left handed, that cost more after i do the converting but cost less if the buyer chooses to do the conversion them self. and i import car's on the people request , i believe when you use the right dealer you get the right product
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Aywire(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
Toyota camry muscle for sale at a very affordable price. New tokunbo, single exhaust with full option, (leather seat, AC, fog light etc). Bring a buyer and get 50k commission. Call me on 08166094911.

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
all i see is NL car dealers trying to paint the business of car dealing as very hectic and tough so as to discourage people frm really ordering their cars themselves.like i said i will buy an EOD FOR 1.3MILLIONand will post the pics here for all ou guyz to see. and then you will know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Emperoh(m): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2012
chuks01:

all i see is NL car dealers trying to paint the business of car dealing as very hectic and tough so as to discourage people frm really ordering their cars themselves.like i said i will buy an EOD FOR 1.3MILLIONand will post the pics here for all ou guyz to see. and then you will know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Hmmm,
I will wait to see how that happens. Matter of fact, i will give u links at least to help
When the deal is done, let us know how much it cost u.
Let's start from here

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=11561413&itemID=12321141&RowNumber=19#

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=11541308&itemID=12062974&RowNumber=22

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=11548167&itemID=12282412&RowNumber=23
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by femmy2010(m): 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
Aja ti o ba ma sonu,ko ni gbo fere olode.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by reagand200(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
I have said it before and i amsaying it now : The BEST car deal on NAIRALAND has already been offered but no response.
I guess its the economy and choice otherwise i keep wondering why nobody has responded to such a wonderful offer!
Maybe i still need a lesson on : THE ART OF NEGOTIATION .
Could also be reasons of my antecedents , because all you need to do is just call and NAME your price if you are SERIOUS, and yet, 

Check it out here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=881535.msg10317524#msg10317524
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by marleygab(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
i'll like to know how much a 2004 BMW 3series(coja) will cost.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
marleygab:

i'll like to know how much a 2004 BMW 3series(coja) will cost.

You would get something within 2M Naira . . . For more information and not to derail the thread, come and talk to us in the Chambers
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by KunleA2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

The best way to buy a car from US is by buying directly from the principal owner,I told him my friend sold his car a nicompoop said I dont know what my friend does in the US when [size=14pt]I was talking of a white American man [/size]who have used 6 cars in the last 4 years and sold 5 of them at very cheap prices.

Colomentality!!!! What's white gotta do with it? undecided
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2012
Aywire:

Toyota camry muscle for sale at a very affordable price. New tokunbo, single exhaust with full option, (leather seat, AC, fog light etc). Bring a buyer and get 50k commission. Call me on 08166094911.

Genesis of the problem, assuming say no be u get am, u can imagine how many people 50k would be multiplied by,

anyway, 2012 minus 2003 equals 9yrs,

1.3 Nigerian million naira approx over 8k USD

hmmm , I just remembered a thread on nairaland started by one spyder88 who tagged it as " the real cost of building a 6-bedroom duplex" some people say e fit reach several millions, others thought otherwise, while the thread owner was an expert.

I am sure many Auto freaks were there and perhaps contributed, this is sure another one, watch out, grin grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe we can term dis one the "THE REAL COST OF BUYING A USED 2003 HONDA ACCORD-toks" how about that? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Emperoh(m): 11:24am On Mar 07, 2012
Kuntash

It is always good to be strong willed in what you believe.
I am being tempted to go on a search journey with you. . . . . if you are willing to cool cool

You find the car, revert to me or any other dealer u can 'trust' and then we do a due diligence.
and then give u the landing cost.
Also, you can go to IAA or Copart and register as a guest assuming u don't have time to get a full licence
At least as a guest, u can watch bids online and follow the process and see how sales end. Thereafter, revert to me with your findings
My emails and phone numbers are on my signature.

But one thing is certain, you can't land a quality, accident free, one user unit for the price people like you will want it.
It is always good to research and reinforce your beliefs.

If interested let me know. U can go to my thread and see the links i posted for 3 EODs
Follow them and let's see what they sell for. I have already added them to my watch list and will follow the auctions if you are willing to
go on a the ride with me cool cool cool
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
Another example to show its almost impossible to buy a 2003 Honda Accord for 1.3m. The 2003 Honda Accord below was sold for $4800 {Including Auction fee} Today.

Cost on Auction $4800 {including auction fee}
Trucking to Port 300
Shipping 1200
Agent fee 500
-------------------------------
Total $6,800 * 160 Naira per $ {#1,088,000}

Cost of Repair: 2 headlamps,Front Bumper,front grill,painting,radiator and probably fog-lamp to be estimated @ #100,000

#1,088,000
+ #100,000
+ #250,000 Clearing in Lagos
-------------------------
#1,438,000 Total

There is no magic any dealer can do to land 2003 EOD for 1.3 including his marginal gain of 100k, except if he is selling a lemon. My little Pence

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
Those are the kind of cars people would sell to you for that price
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
Emperoh:

Kuntash

It is always good to be strong willed in what you believe.
I am being tempted to go on a search journey with you. . . . . if you are willing to cool cool

You find the car, revert to me or any other dealer u can 'trust' and then we do a due diligence.
and then give u the landing cost.
Also, you can go to IAA or Copart and register as a guest assuming u don't have time to get a full licence
At least as a guest, u can watch bids online and follow the process and see how sales end. Thereafter, revert to me with your findings
My emails and phone  numbers are on my signature.

But one thing is certain, you can't land a quality, accident free, one user unit for the price people like you will want it.
It is always good to research and reinforce your beliefs.

If interested let me know. U can go to my thread and see the links i posted for 3 EODs
Follow them and let's see what they sell for. I have already added them to my watch list and will follow the auctions if you are willing to
go on a the ride with me cool cool cool

I'm following the iaai listings too bumper to bumper and I HOPE I will win all the three listings for a landing cost of 1.3m  grin  grin  grin
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Those are the kind of cars people would sell to you for that price

My brother, 1.3m will not even land that EOD from my calculations. Though I wasn't the one that won the bid but i want to see the possibility of landing that 2003 EOD for 1.3 but the moment i noticed its above what can land it for 1.3 i backed out. Pre-biding ends @ $2700

9369770 643 2003 HONDA ACCORD 03/07/2012 08:30 AM CST
Metro DC(MD)
13 days ago 5 2700.00
$
$
Me

Pre-Bidding Closed.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
How many ways or channels can a 2003 Honda accord be bought and shipped to Lagos?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
kuntash:

How many ways or channels can a 2003 Honda accord be bought and shipped to Lagos?

Numerous ways my dear brother as one way no enter market.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2012
calculusx:

Numerous ways my dear brother as one way no enter market.

It shall be well with you Calculux, only say u don dey join Auto cabal for nairaland small small grin grin grin

meaning if there are several ways, there would be some people- not agents I mean actual owners willing to let go a 2003 Honda accord @ somewhat ridiculous price,
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2012
kuntash:

It shall be well with you Calculux, only say u don dey join Auto cabal for nairaland small small grin grin grin

meaning if there are several ways, there would be some people- not agents I mean actual owners willing to let go a 2003 Honda accord @ somewhat ridiculous price,

My dear brother, there is nothing like Cabal on NL and i must also reiterate that Cars are cheaper on NL than Western Avenue,Surulere,Agidingbi,berger,Lekki axis and Ikorodu road for so many reasons.
Do you ask how many dealers from the said locations are on NL? {Very few}. Is it that they don't know about NL? {NO}. Most of them are not on NL because majority of buyers on NL are expose and are also aware of the pros and cons when buying cars. They get good deals from passersby who doesn't know much about what they are buying. I have SOLD so many cars to dealers along Ikorodu road who will resell to their mugu for ridiculous amount i dare nt advertise on NL. Please let us appreciate NL for the exposure and for so many other lesson learnt here. grin grin

@kuntash, if you need a 2003 Honda EOD, there are ways to go about it but with conditions.

1. This isn't the best time to get a good deal that will land 2003 EOD for 1.3m

2. I will not contribute my personal $1 to the Purchase. All funds will be paid for by the buyer

3. With the exchange rate of 159.5 Naira to 1$, if $ can be @ this rate or lower between October - 1st week in January 2013, you can get 2003 EOD for 1.3m {Clean Title with a minor repair}
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by florencejoyB: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2012
You can find all the best bargains locally on cars by going to this site I found. The site is a massive time saver since there are really only a couple of options available for finding a good deal. These options contain the website or spending hours at different dealerships. Within Kennedy Mazda you will definitely get the most perfect automotive purchasing experience achievable. Therefore drop by Austin TX Honda soon! I'm sure you'll get the very best car purchasing experience with the best deal possible.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Gentlemaxy: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

End of Discussion started in 2003 . . . Let us be real, how much would you buy a beat up 2003 Honda Accord at Berger?
Anyhow, let us analyze it together.

Average cost of buying a clean and reliable 2003 Honda Accord (Fabric and average mileage/color) = 6000$$ (Leather is more expensive)
Tranportation to the port, cos only nigeria has no law = 350$ ( COuld be more if the distance is more.
Cost of Shipping = 1200$$
Cost of sending BOL to Nigeria = 100$$ and could be more if other method is used
Cost of sending money from Nigeria to yankee/Canada and other banking charges = 350$$ if all money is paid once and would be like 450$$ if paid 2ce

Clearing cost of that ride in Nigeria = 230K Naira - 250K Naira (depending on the agent) your checking us or any outside country is wrong ok. Am in Texas and I have live Berlin before ok
Cost of bringing it home from port and other logistics = 40K Naira

Do the math, Sir and you would understand . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Units Of Sliver Colour 2007 Model Toyota Camry Xle Fully Loaded Toks / Honda Civic 2005 Model For Sale / Tokumbo 2001 Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.