Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,888 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. (1114 Views)

Biologists (Environmental, Micro, etc) : Let's Meet Here And Discuss / Agricultural Scientists,food Technologist,microbiologist And Biochemist Forum / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by Tamost: 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
Agriculture is a very important aspect of the economy and also very essential in every aspect of human life. Hence, there is need for all agriculturists and professional farmers to bring about development of Agriculture in Nigeria towards bringing about food security in the country.
Let us discuss how to bring about Agricultural development in Nigeria.
What is your view about agriculture among Nigerian youths today and how can we encourage them to study agriculture in tertiary institutions?
As an agriculturist, kindly share your experience.

, Together, we can achieve food security in Nigeria.
Re: Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by tanimola22: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
Reminds me of young farmers`club smiley
Re: Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by Tamost: 7:13am On Mar 06, 2012
What is young farmers club about? Any information about the club?
Re: Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by Chinedumagnus05(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello all...
am an agriculturist I own 10acres of integrated farm land where I intend to mix crop and Animal husbandry. My Crops include; plantain, cashew, vegetables and Animal includes: cow, goats and sheeps.

My journey into Agriculture[i][/i]
I delved into agriculture when I luckily chanced on an information about a place I can get very cheap acres of land for as low as 150/acre in Oyo state's No1 most arable and agrarian town.
When I bought this land i had no farming intentions.

The mere hearing that an acre of land sells 150k made me scamper to buy as many acres as I had money to, in Oyo states No1 most arable and agrarian location.

Then the journey started. For benefit of doubt, an acre of land is equivalent to 6plots but in this town they sell 8 plots as equivalent of 1 acre. After aquiring the land a challenge came what to use this large hectres of land for, which led me to decide to partition the land for different crop farms sections and sections for poultry, cow and goat rearing. That was the moment I realized i was to develope the integrated farming business model.

Today my final challenge is fencing of my farm. Even though am presently considering the wire mesh fence style. I hope with the business partnership strategy I Have put in place that concern will soon be a thing of the past.

That's my story on how I became a farmer.

My Agro-consultancy Services includes:
1. Helping people purchase acres of arable land in this town
2. Soil analysis services
3. Partnerships with agro investors willing to invest in my integrated farming by buying slots of unit cost 30k each, return on investment of 25% and Duration of 4 months
4. Selling of equities in my farm,

Re: Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chinedumagnus05:
Hello all...
am an agriculturist I own 10acres of integrated farm land where I intend to mix crop and Animal husbandry. My Crops include; plantain, cashew, vegetables and Animal includes: cow, goats and sheeps.

My journey into Agriculture[i][/i]
I delved into agriculture when I luckily chanced on an information about a place I can get very cheap acres of land for as low as 150/acre in Oyo state's No1 most arable and agrarian town.
When I bought this land i had no farming intentions.

The mere hearing that an acre of land sells 150k made me scamper to buy as many acres as I had money to, in Oyo states No1 most arable and agrarian location.

Then the journey started. For benefit of doubt, an acre of land is equivalent to 6plots but in this town they sell 8 plots as equivalent of 1 acre. After aquiring the land a challenge came what to use this large hectres of land for, which led me to decide to partition the land for different crop farms sections and sections for poultry, cow and goat rearing. That was the moment I realized i was to develope the integrated farming business model.

Today my final challenge is fencing of my farm. Even though am presently considering the wire mesh fence style. I hope with the business partnership strategy I Have put in place that concern will soon be a thing of the past.

That's my story on how I became a farmer.

My Agricultural consultancy includes:
1. Helping people purchase acres of arable land in this town
2. Soil analysis services
3. Partnerships with agro investors willing to invest in my integrated farming by buying slots of unit cost 30k each, return on investment of 25% and Duration of 4 months
4. Selling of equities in my farm,

Reading this made me really sad. Please don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you bro, I'm just sad for myself. Don't worry, things will eventually pan out for you and you'll fence that farm. You're doing well.
Re: Agriculturists/agricultural Scientists (professional Farmers): Lets Meet Here And Discuss. by Chinedumagnus05(m): 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
Thanks bro. There is still opportunities for you it's never late to start anew.

(1) (Reply)

Which Way Forward Nigeria?? A Must Read / Wen Is Nig Army DSSC Shortlisted Candidate 2014/05 Will Be Out? / Future Of Agricultural And Bioresources Engineering In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.