Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? (2648 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Toasting A Lady, Share How You Were Turned Down / Problems With Toasting A Lady In Midst Of Her Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by ov: 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2007
i feel asking a girl out is different from toating her

asking her out: you'll probably present yourself the way you truelly are. if u broke yes u'll tell her and u end up spending less (money wise on her). the reason for all these is that u want her to love u the way u are cus u want a long time relationship. but this doesnt mean u dont treat her right though. most marriages that last long are those where the girl was asked out. thats wat an elderly happy married man told me o.

toasting: lavish her, present yourself like u the bomb! wow. u can take her to golden gate evry evening even though u end up swallowing garri, groundnut and no sugar within ur 4 cornered room. the essence is that u wanna impress her and f, her as soon as possible. this works well with cheap girls

i really dont know if am right but is there a difference?
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by ormis66(f): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2007
Toasting and asking out are the same thing. Asking out is oyibo way of toasting.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by olanajim(m): 8:16am On Oct 26, 2007
So whenever a guy ask a babe out, he is toasting her and probably dating her? Hmm?

If you thinks that way, I am sorry you are still learning. Little wonder why some people complain of heartbreak and cheating just 3 months into the relationship.

FYI, I disagreed with the poster's definition of "asking out" and "toasting" they don't just measure up. They can't be the mindset of mature guys.

Frankly, dating is like trying to go into business with an unknown partner. Your ever efforts ought to be focused on knowing your partner and doing feasibility study for the intended business. You don't just go into business simply because he is wearing suits and carry briefcase or has impressive presentation. If you go into this stage of relationship thinking of the gain of relationship ( some people actually start thinking of how the first night would be!) without knowing the other party then you are gambling. And many of the couples gamble and eventually lose out. Many of the so-called heartbreaks may afterall not be heartbreak but rejection at the point of entrance.

What I mean is that those who interpretes going out with babe as courtship, without any term of agreement, are actually deluding themselves. That she take your gifts, may not mean she love you. She might see you as father christmas worthy of being glorified while the season lasted.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by Joey82(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2007
@olanajim,
me thinks u make d situation more confusing, @poster is talking about asking out and toasting, now u're bringing dating into the whole show
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by olanajim(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2007
there is no confusion at all. Most people authomatically see asking a lady out to mean dating! Check it out and your finding would amaze you. I have seen a number of these and I am very sorry for them. Someone need to explain to them what difference terminologies mean.

to be fair to him, his postting show it all. It is a good topic though.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by Eddie4real(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ ov,

u're very right my guy. Toasting is the naija version of what d oyinbo man calls "WOOING". It involves going all your way to buy the other person to your side, with u promising everything u can give - and all u can't. Its not only applicable to a boy-girl thing. Politicians do it, system men do it (don't ask me who system men are? o ); lots of 'em do.

"Asking Out" on the other hand is simply coming out the way u are and handing out a request, subject to yes or no.

so @ ormis66, they both aren't the same, get that ok.

To be sincere, all d ladies i've ever dated, never toasted any of 'em. just simply asked 'em out. period.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by okoomoge2(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2007
The end product of asking out is dating, nobody is mr nice.
The end product of toasting is dating, donot fool around.
Toasting is for starters and asking out is 4 matured minds.
That da koko.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by Busta(f): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2007
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by akumbu: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2007
Toasting, asking out and dating are all levels in a relationship.
although sometimes not all may take place, one, or even two or sometimes the 3 can come into play.
You toast a girl at first meeting, knowing her name and probably looking out for things that may interest you at first sight.
you can buy her things, take her to drink with u and even walk her home. exchange phone numbers and all that, if she is interested in you.
then the next stage may be to ask her out, that is to declare you are interested in knowing more about her and all that, of course if she is interested and agrees, then you people will start dating. at this point, you are no longer her toaster but her Boyfriend .
most times dating leads to serious commitment 'courtship' and even engagement, when you now become fiancee and finally God's willing you tie the knots.
I think that's how it works.
Though not all these stages occur in all relationships like i said earlier.
Girls can make jest of their toasters, Guys, be careful first impression matters, but when you ask a girl out 'will you be my friend?' then she becomes serious cos it can lead to something like serious. then both of you will start going out to discover more about yourselves and enjoy life together.
girls don't discuss people they are dating the same way they discuss their toasters.
a lot of girls don't take toasters seriously, but asking a girl out means you want something more that just playing around with her.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by akumbu: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2007
a lot of people don't really know the difference. most guys has poor toasting skills and end up messing up the whole show.
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by fashizzle(m): 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2007
Good question.

Toasting is when you put her in the oven and she comes out all nice and brown.

Asking her out is when she hasn't paid her rent and you regretfully have to let her go

Dating is what they do to fossils to find out how long they've existed.

Any other bright questions, sunshine?
Re: Is There A Difference B/w Toasting A Girl And Asking Her Out? by ov: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2007
i think we are loosing the focus here. is there any difference between asking her out and toasting her? from what i can gather from the house they mean the same thing under different contexts and to different people. but i think we are even getting more confused with the introduction on the term dating. what has datin got to do with all theses?

(1) (Reply)

How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? / . /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.