Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,292 members, 7,920,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:12 PM

Euthanasia For Or Against - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Euthanasia For Or Against (926 Views)

Do You Agree Or Disagree With Euthanasia Or Mercy Killing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euthanasia For Or Against by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 23, 2006
Ok people since i know there are lots of intelligent people on this forum would kindly tell me what you think of euthanasia.
Re: Euthanasia For Or Against by Zahymaka(m): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2006
I do not believe in "mercy killing" -- it's pure murder. No matter how degenerated the person is I still believe you shouldn't kill. I hated what happened to Terri Schiavo. cry cry cry cry
Re: Euthanasia For Or Against by Txlonghorn(m): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2006
This is a very controversial topic people don't like discussing but it's something we maybe faced with. As a solder I believe killing is wrong but sometimes it's just so justified you just have to kill or be killed. I know I'm a conservative and a catholic, but we live in a very hateful world today that sometimes taking a live is just the only resort.

If I'm in a Vegetative state (coma) and no medical hope of ever  recovering, then it's just right that I should be  put to sleep, personally I think it would be good for my family by bringing a closure, what's the point of keeping me alive and cause my family so much pain and agony every day. Let's not forget how much it cost to keep someone in a coma alive. The bills run in the hundreds of thousands.

In the case of Terri Schiavo, I think the Courts did the right thing, I just did not like the starvation method. There are more humane ways of Euthanasia  than starvation.
Re: Euthanasia For Or Against by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2006
I asked this question for this reason, i know someone who used to be strong, independent and hardworking. This person had an accident that turned her from the above to an incontinent, weak and permanently disabled person. She has no power over anything she does, u can tell she is totally frustrated with her condition so is her family, personally if that were to happen to me i'd ask for mercy killing. This thing is not easy to bear, i mean what if u are alive for the next 30yrs. Eventually everyone will get fed up and u will soon discover that u r one big headache for everyone especially ur loved ones. Wouldn't u just like to go jeje and be preserved in their memories with your dignity intact

(1) (Reply)

Have You Identified Your Purpose On Earth? / Stop! Check This Out / I'm New ;d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.