Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,484 members, 7,881,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days (12557 Views)

''Free Zakzaky'' Protest By Students & Corpers In Abuja (Photos) / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Acelifted: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
oyo!!!
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
ayusman16:

If I were in naija I would use Glo only.  
PS I'am here in the interest of naija, I don't have to tell you what I'am doing here.

If you have the interest of Nigeria at heart then what are you doing in the UK washing plates and cleaning toilets? Guy, come back and do it,  We get plent plates to wash

Don't mind the raving luni. . . . bloody retard stealing credit card and iphone.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by pvee(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
MTN is touching lives so if you don't like the network go and buy nitel sim and stop saying childish things like switch off your phone.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by bigsean(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
But seriously guys, whats the deal with SA?
why is there thumb so deep up there a$$?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by blank(f): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nigerian govt is already dealing with it. Won't switch anything off. Today is champions league and i am watching it on my dstv.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by greall12(m): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
IF IT"S NOT OUR BAD GOVT,WHAT IS SPECIAL IN S/A SELF??
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

Don't mind the raving luni. . . . bloody slowpoke stealing credit card and iphone.
ayusman16:

PS I'am here in the interest of naija, I don't have to tell you what I'am doing here.

If you have the interest of Nigeria at heart then what are you doing in the UK washing plates and cleaning toilets? Guy, come back and do it,  We get plent plates to wash

Look at these foool, we are talking about how to boycott mtn, and you only interested in discoursing about where I'am based or what I do, una too yeye. focus.  angry
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Kabikala(m): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am on board with this protest and will switch off my MTN line for 5 minutes. It is legitimate and will hurt South Africa more than it will hurt Nigerians working for MTN.
What can we do to also register our dipleasure against other SA companies like DSTV and Shoprite? I am on board with everything before these guys go too far.
If we have to create a perfect protest that will not hurt any Nigerian before we participate, then we will never protest against anything. The history of the world was shaped by those who took action  even when there were collateral damages, not by those who have good reasons for not doing anything.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
Arosa:

Look at these foool, we are talking about how to boycott mtn, and you only interested in discoursing about where I'am based or what I do, una too yeye. focus.  angry    

Id.i.o.t are you using MTN?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

Id.i.o.t are you using MTN?

Go and die, you are goat. I will not waste my time on you.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
Arosa:

Go and die, you are goat. I will not waste my time on you. 

Look at this street Urchin. Yes that's right, run along fool, go snatch a purse or something. . .get busy
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by greall12(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
@arosa why are you like to insult pple??
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by bigsean(m): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
ayusman16:

R.E.T.A.R.D ALERT!!!

why digress and attack someone personally, with a stereotype?
If u think that its everybody that's outside 9ja that wash plates, then too bad for u. (poverty of ambition.)
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by ayusman16(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
big_sean:

R.E.T.A.R.D ALERT!!!

If u think that its everybody that's outside 9ja that wash plates, then too bad for u. (poverty of ambition.)

grin AM sorry if i exposed you. Mr. Plates Washer of the year. Guy. Am successful in my own country and only travel to UK or US for vacation and not to wash plates like you and Arosa. tongue
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
greall12:

@arosa why are you like to insult pple??

big_sean:

R.E.T.A.R.D ALERT!!!

I'am glad that someone saw that.
desthan:

Look at this street Urchin. Yes that's right, run along fool, go snatch a purse or something. . .get busy
I don't have to disclose my identity or occupation to nobody. If you think all Nigerians overseas are criminals, good for you
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Agimor(m): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
g
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by iKoksi(m): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
Lol
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by studyineu: 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
am switching to GLO. Nonsense MTN
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Ejine(m): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
Suit yourself. I find such talk like "without us they would be nothing" repulsive especially when it comes to foreigners and multinationals. If we are really all that we would have come up with our own coys/solutions to meet our needs.

Hahahahaaa, nice one!!  grin grin
See people wey with the giant chips on their shoulders, still don't have 24-hour electricity. So, assuming a Ghanaian company eventually supplies us with one, thereby making our businesses smoother, and our hospitals more trustworthy; and we eventually come get one small beef with them, so na de same style these internet warriors go take come dey spew junk about how they enriched them? SMH!!!
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Willyblinks(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ Arosa nd Desthan you two are entertaining enough to keep me reading, but i have got a question @ OP, are we protesting against S.A or MTN? When Nigerians went on strike actions due to the subsidy issue did others overseas say they were not going to eat Nigerian food or use their clothing becuase they wanted it to affect the country? They protested in front of the embassy, you have a problem with the country take it there and protest right when you are ready to lead a protest agaisnt MTN possibly for reasons of their tarrif you can count on US.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Leemak: 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
Y is dt is wen d thing affect 1 of our stupid senators na dt time u suggested switching of fone? Sebi all dis nonentity senators see how MTN & DSTV are exploiting average nigerians. Me i believe is only wen our selfish leaders start contributing positively to d development of dis country dt is time wen all dis inhuman treatment of nigerians abroad wil start to reduce.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Ejine(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
And as I remember, before MTN, NITEL was absolute garbage deeply steeped in corruption cases of spine-shattering magnitude.
MTN wasn't the first MobiTel in Nigeria. Econet was. And as I remember, Econet, at the time, looked like it could give two shiits about Nigeria.
It was MTN's aggressive business know-how that turned it into a success story in the country, NOT NIGERIANS AND THEIR PHANTOM "KINDNESS" as some people are trying to spin it. MTN came in and SCHOOLED Econet, before OWNING it HARD! Econet still regrets its ignorance even till this day.
Therefore, I urge you to get the nonsense chips off your shoulders. It was their HARDWORK and BUSINESS SOPHISTICATION that put them where they are, NOT YOUR KINDNESS!
It was after they had proven our MobiTelCom industry to be a highly profitable one, that Globacom and others started pushing, too.
So, biko, just like Facebook, you're just a drop in the mahfuucking Atlantic.
You will not be missed!  grin
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Ejine(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
^ Whoa. Is it me or did I just sound like Lasinoh in my last post? shocked
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ejiné:

And as I remember, before MTN, NITEL was absolute garbage deeply steeped in corruption cases of spine-shattering magnitude.
MTN wasn't the first MobiTel in Nigeria. Econet was. And as I remember, Econet, at the time, looked like it could give two shiits about Nigeria.
It was MTN's aggressive business know-how that turned it into a success story in the country, NOT NIGERIANS AND THEIR PHANTOM "KINDNESS" as some people are trying to spin it. MTN came in and SCHOOLED Econet, before OWNING it HARD! Econet still regrets its ignorance even till this day.
Therefore, I urge you to get the nonsense chips off your shoulders. It was their HARDWORK and BUSINESS SOPHISTICATION that put them where they are, NOT YOUR KINDNESS!
It was after they had proven our MobiTelCom industry to be a highly profitable one, that Globacom and others started pushing, too.
So, biko, just like Facebook, you're just a drop in the mahfuucking Atlantic.
You will not be missed!  grin

my brother, they are the least on the food chain. . .
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2012
Willyblinks:

@ Arosa nd Desthan you two are entertaining enough to keep me reading, but i have got a question @ OP, are we protesting against S.A or MTN? When Nigerians went on strike actions due to the subsidy issue did others overseas say they were not going to eat Nigerian food or use their clothing becuase they wanted it to affect the country? They protested in front of the embassy, you have a problem with the country take it there and protest right when you are ready to lead a protest agaisnt MTN possibly for reasons of their tarrif you can count on US.

Ah! ask arosa whose basic sense of reasoning has been marauded by acute disability. . .
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by merengue: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
Why on earth would I do such an idiotic thing, was it M.T.N that asked Nigerians to be buying vaccination cards at the entrance gates to the airport? Is it the fault of South Africans that despite their high crime rate, high number of HIV positive people and other vices, Nigerians will kill to be given an S/A Visa.?When you behave like a dog, you will be treated like shit. Malaysia, China, Singapore execute scores of Nigerians (guilty or not) every year, why haven't the buffoons in govt done anything about it? Is it the fault of DSTV that HITV ran itself into the ground? When u fail to develop world class businesses, others will come and do so in your country and cart the profit away (Julius Berger and all the multinational oil companies are prime examples). The Japanese have been doing it to the Americans for decades (read Micheal Critchon"s The Rising Sun), now the Koreans and Chinese have joined them. Patriotism doesn't mean stupidity. S/A have a right to determine who enters their country. Since we are already reciprocating in kind, why should I switch off my line, was it donated to me by government?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
Arosa:

I'am glad that someone saw that. I don't have to disclose my identity or occupation to nobody. If you think all Nigerians overseas are criminals, good for you  

you don't have to, your comment has done that already. . .now vamoooose!!!
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

you don't have to, your comment has done that already. . .now vamoooose!!!

grin grin grin (I can see this dog wants to play) what comment foool?
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
oh! you forgot. . . . i told you

You need your medication. . . .hop along man
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
No time. . . . .

My phone stays on!!

Why the Nigerians travel without paper?!  angry

I'm sure its yoruba people that were on the plane. . . Always running abroad to do ashawo work. .   angry

My phone stays on!! Infact, I will be making MTN to MTN calls on family and friends!!  angry
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by desthan(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
and while you are at it, please switch off your phone before i knock your light out.
Re: Switch Off Mtn Line Protest By 12:00 Noon For 7 Days by Arosa(m): 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
desthan:

oh! you forgot. . . . i told you

You need your medication. . . .hop along man

I'am not in the same psychotic institute as you. you must be mistaking me for someone else.  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Consultative Front: Agbakoba Distances Self From New Political Movement / Insecurity: We Can’t Afford To Disappoint Nigerians ― Buhari / 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.