Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,426 members, 7,908,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:25 PM

Rappers Need Education - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rappers Need Education (792 Views)

Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / The Richest Rappers In The World 2013 / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rappers Need Education by jerrymania(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2007
Forget the streets.Shouldnt rappers mostly southern rappers be educated to be good in using words and at least know some basic things like metaphor,simile and the rest?
Re: Rappers Need Education by naijadiva2(f): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2007
jerrymania:

Forget the streets.Shouldnt rappers mostly southern rappers be educated to be good in using words and at least know some basic things like metaphor,simile and the rest?
why mostly sothern rappers, people from the south are known to be "dumb". just listen to their music. they dont talk about anything reasonable but northern rappers rap about life and things like that.
Re: Rappers Need Education by chiogo(f): 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2007
I don't know which one is northern or southern rappers but they all need education!!!
Re: Rappers Need Education by naijadiva2(f): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2007
chiogo:

I don't know which one is northern or southern rappers but they all need education!!!

rappers from the north and rappers from the south.
Re: Rappers Need Education by chiogo(f): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2007
naija_diva:

rappers from the north and rappers from the south.
Lol, girl, u're funny.I knew that. I just said that they all sound d same to me, no matter where they come from,hence they all need education.
Re: Rappers Need Education by naijadiva2(f): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2007
oh my bad. truth they both need it but i can't stand the way they speak. they tend to not open their mouth. i mean, with souljah boy, my friend was like is he saying do it or you. but norhtern rappers speak clearly as in you can understand even with their accent, which few of them have.
Re: Rappers Need Education by chiogo(f): 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2007
yeah, u're right about souljah boy's accent. at first i didn't get wtf he was talkin' about either. d "watch me do it" part. it sounded like wa mi doo. lol. if that's how they speak in mississipi, then they must be crazy.
Re: Rappers Need Education by naijadiva2(f): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2007
that's how they talk down there period. sometimes i can't stand the accent and sometimes i can.
Re: Rappers Need Education by lazy(m): 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2007
jerrymania:

I agree that they should learn how to use metaphors and similes. Some of their lyrics make no sense at all.

Like this:

Thats That Salad Dressin Im On My Thousand Island
Wildin, Stylin, I Be I Get So Much Money Its My I.D Dont Try Me

What are you saying!! LOL!!

As far as their accent, I think that is fine if that is how they talk where they are from. I enjoy hearing everyones accent. I would hate for people to all sound the same. That is boring.

(1) (Reply)

How Nice Is 9ice / Wanna Join My Gospel Band For Worship Tours? / Finaly! Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.