Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,382 members, 7,974,558 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

The Best Southern Rappers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Best Southern Rappers (905 Views)

Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / The Richest Rappers In The World 2013 / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Southern Rappers by jerrymania(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2007
Good Mc's still live n the south.

http://streetcensus..com/2007/04/best-southern-rappers-ever.html

10. Devin the Dude: Devin's everyman persona and lung-cracking humor made him a southern rap staple for years.

9. T.I. - He's one of the slickest Southern emcees who can come up with a hook that will stay in your head for weeks. Not quite king of the South, but he's certainly making a case for it.

8. Lil' Wayne - We've known for awhile now that Wayne was the most talented emcee out of the Cash Money Click. With the past couple of albums, his star continues to rise.

7. Ludacris - If only Luda chilled on the booty rhymes and spit about stuff that mattered (like the "Runaway" joint), he would be a top 5 emcee, but alas, he's growing up.

6. Big Boi - For a long time Big Boi was seen as "the other guy" in Outkast but throughout the years, he's held his own against Andre and even outshined him on quite a few tracks (listen to Stankonia again).

5. Cee-Lo - Before he became known to the world as "Mr. Crazy," Cee-Lo was a well-round Goodie Mob MC.

4. Z-Ro: Ro has been wooing fans with his heart-on-the-sleeve style of hip-hop for more than a decade now.

3. Bun B - Bun, the pinnacle of UGK, oozes charisma and charm on the mic. His versatility has earned him collaborations with damn near every hip-hop artist or group in existence--yes, that includes Tiff Luchiana and Self Scientific.

2. Andre 3000 - Long before he divorced rap to marry soul, Ice Cold helped set OutKast's aesthetic bar so high not even OutKast could topple it.

1. Scarface - Only a handful MCs have managed to sustain their alignment with the streets regardless of success. 'Face is at the top of that list. His wistful ghetto tales and poetic raps are constant reminders that Brad Jordan is the voice of the hood.
Re: The Best Southern Rappers by berserker(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2007
T.i is the best in thhe south right now and there is no competeition true about Luda
i am not too hot about lil Wayne how about paul wall and rick ross
but the best ever from the south is KRS1

(1) (Reply)

Michael Jackson Is 50 (August 29) / Tupac Is "alive". / M.i Vs Blaise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.