Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,707 members, 7,948,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8433010 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (6973) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 8:05am On Jan 27, 2016
Congrats Beremx...May he continue to be a blessing to d family....try rest well o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 8:06am On Jan 27, 2016
ozycy:

1) she isn't overweight. Some babies weighed up to that at our 14week appointment. Abi wetin you wan do, you wan reduce the breastmilk wey you dey give am? Mba nu.
2) she may likely loose the weight. All my kids did.
4) dunno about any remedy. Continue applying Shea Butter. It will grow gradually. Why the 5month mark?
Thanks captain.....No reason 4 d 5 months mark
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Virtuouswife:
Good morning mamas(d waddling, d vigilante and d ATC). welcome newbies, may u all carry 2 term and deliver safely......
Abeg make una no reason say na only wen I get question I dey show face wink.....
My team Oct 2015 modas, abeg wetin una lo dey weigh now? Mine weighed 7.5 wen I went 4 her 14weeks immunization...... D nurse just open mouth dey look scale. ... hmmm. She's still on EBF and I intend doing till 6 mnths. Now my questions are
1. OK I know she's obviously overweight buh is she dt overweight?
2. Will she add more wen she starts eating food?

Abeg make una answer me..... . I promise 2 be more active

My boy was 8.2kg at 14weeks. Wat was her birth weight and also babies grow @ diff intervals, yes she will lose and gain weight as she grows so pls feed d baby well abeg ooo
No idea abt hair growth remedy cos my pikin too no get plenty but some mamas said ori(shea butter )and coconut oil helps
Sure oda mamas wil help too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 8:08am On Jan 27, 2016
ilesanmioo:
Thanks doc said figures are fine so it doesn't result in hypo. Current weight is 1.9kg at 31weeks and 2days.
Ok den...... Continue 2 watch woh u eat and take d insulin cos ds is d period dey add like kilode....God will see u thru
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 8:11am On Jan 27, 2016
kaffy4bill:

My boy was 8.2kg at 14weeks. Wat was her birth weight and also babies grow @ diff intervals, yes she will lose and gain weight as she grows so pls feed d baby well abeg ooo
No idea abt hair growth remedy cos my pikin too no get plenty but some mamas said ori(shea butter )and coconut oil helps
Sure oda mamas wil help too
shocked 4 real? Wow..... Thanks NurseKaffy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2016
soonest:
@nkkystel, hbd to cute boy and many happy returns.
Big thanks, soonest!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2016
blessedtwins:
Nkkystel happy birthday to ur lovely prince.the favour of God upon him continually.
U for gee am birthday mate naa grin
cheesy grin Amen! thanks dearie, was thinking LO would come on same day o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2016
sayoddy:
Happy birthday cute boy. May the Lord bless you with long life and great achievements
A big AMEEEEEN! Thanks sayoddy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2016
babythug:

grin grin these small small boys can make pesin hair stand lol

Happy birthday to the little manwink
Abi o! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Big thanks!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2016
everfaithfulGod:
Happy Birthday to him. May God increase him in wisdom,knowledge n understanding. congrats mama
Massive AMEEEEN... Thanks everfaithfulGod!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bumbex(f): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx:
ok dear.

typing from my hospital bed....

My EDD was on the 23rd of this month. I registered at a Primary health care near my area and when i was asked about my previous pregnancy if i had any, i told them i had a CS before though i lost the child 5years later. I was told bluntly that I cannot give birth at the PHC so they referred me to Alimosho General hospital Igando. I refused to go because of the horrible stories i have been hearing about government owned hospitals so i registered in a private hospital.

Fast forward to my due date, due to the high cost of CS in private hospitals, i had no option than to go back to the government hospital to register. Though the doctors at the private hospital had told me i would have another CS because my baby was breech. Registering at General hospital 3days to my EDD, the doctors confirmed the same thing.

Honestly,i was marvelled when i visited Alimosho General Hospital and saw what was there. Kudos to Fashola.

The doctors at the government hospital booked me for CS on Tuesday that's yesterday when I registered last week Thursday. Luckily for me,i started contracting last week Friday so i had to rush to the hospital.

The surgery was done on 23rd January after battling with finding fluid in my spinal cord for three hours. This was to make me awake during the surgery. The doctors had no option than to give me anaesthetic which made me sleep.

My son was born around 3am and he didn't cry. After several beatings he cried faintly. He was admitted immediately but to God be the glory,he was discharged yesterday after several tests were done on his which confirmed he was medically fit.

By today,we both will be discharged.

About the cost of CS in the hospital and the disparity,i will talk about that later. smiley
so happy reading this....may GOD bless and keep ur little baby......wishing u speedy recovery....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Al Hal women fitness OPEN DAY
Saturday 30th january: 9am _4pm; women only

Sunday 31st january: 12pm-4pm; general public

N:B, Saturday is all women affairs: FREE exercise sessions inclusive

Venue: 50, Johnson street off bode Thomas surulere lagos

09098057895,5923BBB7
Follow on instagram @alhalwomenfitness
Kindly tel your friends and family
Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx:
ok dear.

typing from my hospital bed....

My EDD was on the 23rd of this month. I registered at a Primary health care near my area and when i was asked about my previous pregnancy if i had any, i told them i had a CS before though i lost the child 5years later. I was told bluntly that I cannot give birth at the PHC so they referred me to Alimosho General hospital Igando. I refused to go because of the horrible stories i have been hearing about government owned hospitals so i registered in a private hospital.

Fast forward to my due date, due to the high cost of CS in private hospitals, i had no option than to go back to the government hospital to register. Though the doctors at the private hospital had told me i would have another CS because my baby was breech. Registering at General hospital 3days to my EDD, the doctors confirmed the same thing.

Honestly,i was marvelled when i visited Alimosho General Hospital and saw what was there. Kudos to Fashola.

The doctors at the government hospital booked me for CS on Tuesday that's yesterday when I registered last week Thursday. Luckily for me,i started contracting last week Friday so i had to rush to the hospital.

The surgery was done on 23rd January after battling with finding fluid in my spinal cord for three hours. This was to make me awake during the surgery. The doctors had no option than to give me anaesthetic which made me sleep.

My son was born around 3am and he didn't cry. After several beatings he cried faintly. He was admitted immediately but to God be the glory,he was discharged yesterday after several tests were done on his which confirmed he was medically fit.

By today,we both will be discharged.

About the cost of CS in the hospital and the disparity,i will talk about that later. smiley
Thank you for sharing. You were truly favored by God. I hear stories of how Govt hospitals can be harsh and rude to pregnant women who didn't register with them for antenatal but came to them at the last minutes but you were quickly attended to. That injection in the spinal cord, I learnt it's very painful. How was urs like? And how are you finding the CS wounds? Is it really painful?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Thank you for sharing. You were truly favored by God. I hear stories of how Govt hospitals can be harsh and rude to pregnant women who didn't register with them for antenatal but came to them at the last minutes but you were quickly attended to. That injection in the spinal cord, I learnt it's very painful. How was urs like? And how are you finding the CS wounds? Is it really painful?
Alimosho General hospital Igando is a very good hospital. They attended to me very fast even though i didn't do my ante natals there. I must say thank you to the LASG.

Yes the injection in the spinal cord was very painful. mine was very painful because they couldn't get the fluid . I ended up having a plaster at my back after several piercing to heal the wounds. I dunno if other women had theirs as painful as mine. But i must say it's better to have the injection so that you can be awake to see your baby and stay awake during the operation.

For the disparity in the fee for surgery,it's not actually the same price. If you did your ante natals at the hospital,you pay N47,500. If you were referred from a PHC,you pay N70,500. If you just came on your own,you pay N80,500. The fee is called "Theatre Pack". There is another fee which is different for drugs and it costs about N13,000. There are other fees for series of tests and post natal drugs.

Having a CS at a government hospital in Lagos is not really cheap but i think it's ok compared to private hospitals.

CS is painful only for like two days then after that,the pain will ease off slowly.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2016
Congrat beremx.team September pls show urself or am I the only belleful mama for team sept
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2016
olaoyekemi:
Congrat beremx.team September pls show urself or am I the only belleful mama for team sept

aww congrats! don't worry the rest will soon show face.

Congrats to all sweet mothers smiling with their babies!

#mother alive,baby alive husband alive and plenty money IJN#

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2016
Welcome @ raptor2, happy bumping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2016
Thanks for giving us so much details on your delivery mum Beremx. I've learnt a thing or two. Kisses to your cutie wink

@raptor2, welcome to the team dear. Pick a seat and watch out for the weekly roll call so you can get to meet other July mamas. Don't forget to register and pay your dues to mum Zaynie. I don't harbor debtors in my class o grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2016
ozycy:
I finally grinded beans for moi moi using my blender an it came out real good and scrumptious grin. Thanks to Zaynie and tyconcepts for this clue.

Welcome sis.

#Moi-Moi is B.A.E

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx:
Alimosho General hospital Igando is a very good hospital. They attended to me very fast even though i didn't do my ante natals there. I must say thank you to the LASG.

Yes the injection in the spinal cord was very painful. mine was very painful because they couldn't get the fluid . I ended up having a plaster at my back after several piercing to heal the wounds. I dunno if other women had theirs as painful as mine. But i must say it's better to have the injection so that you can be awake to see your baby and stay awake during the operation.

For the disparity in the fee for surgery,it's not actually the same price. If you did your ante natals at the hospital,you pay N47,500. If you were referred from a PHC,you pay N70,500. If you just came on your own,you pay N80,500. The fee is called "Theatre Pack". There is another fee which is different for drugs and it costs about N13,000. There are other fees for series of tests and post natal drugs.

Having a CS at a government hospital in Lagos is not really cheap but i think it's ok compared to private hospitals.

CS is painful only for like two days then after that,the pain will ease off slowly.
congratulations once again. I am currently using that hospital for my ante-natal. they are trying their best
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by estagirl(f): 10:58am On Jan 27, 2016
The drug increased my vomiting.
Blessedmum:
Good morning mamas( had to send dis early coz of network ish), plz those who av used Duphaston is there any side effect? Went to see my gynae yesterday and he placed me on it. I took it around 9pm, slept off and started feeling uneasy by midnight, dunno if it's my imagination or it's d drug.
# teamseptemberfordsupernaturaldeliveryofmytwins.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx,congrats on d delivery,may d Lord bless ur family and d new precious gift u received...

NurseKaffy,mam tchiwinne,proudmum38 nd oda sabi mamas...longtime madames...tnx for ur professional tips and advice...God will order ur lives too..TeamJuly ni mi o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 11:22am On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx when are we coming for your son's wedding? That's an already mature man mehn grin congrats.

Blessedmum duphaston is progesterone and the surge of progesterone in pregnant women causes nausea and vomiting.

Olaoyekemi September mothers are very plenty. Most of us came from the ATC thread so we are still basking in the euphoria of being pregnant. Or maybe na MS hold some people. But we are plenty and more are coming from the ATC.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2016
@all mamas, i have a weird question i've been scared of asking. But i know you all won't mock me too much. Is it okay to swallow your routine drugs with eba?
I can't stand drugs in my throat. The only one i can manage to swallow with water or drink is folic acid. As for the rest, i just put them inside eba and use soup to swallow it. Been doing this for months now. I hope the drugs will still be effective?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
mitchyy:
@all mamas, i have a weird question i've been scared of asking. But i know you all won't mock me too much. Is it okay to swallow your routine drugs with eba?
I can't stand drugs in my throat. The only one i can manage to swallow with water or drink is folic acid. As for the rest, i just put them inside eba and use soup to swallow it. Been doing this for months now. I hope the drugs will still be effective?

Lol.....fear fear. No be only you dey fear the drugs o. Taking mind with ordinary water makes me want to throw up easily so I devised a means of taking it. I take it with a cup of milk.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
sugah:
Beremx when are we coming for your son's wedding? That's an already mature man mehn grin congrats.

Pikin wey dem jos born na im you dey ask of wedding? lol. grin

Wedding is till 28years time. God will keep us alive till then. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
Beremx:

Thank you for sharing....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Silvereze(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Lol.....fear fear. No be only you dey fear the drugs o. Taking mind with ordinary water makes me want to throw up easily so I devised a means of taking it. I take it with a cup of milk.

My fear is chronic o cry
I really wish i can take them with milk but i can't stand drinking normal milk. It still nauseates me. I've only tried using vitamilk soya milk and it worked. But i was skeptical about taking it every day as i wasn't sure of the effect on my baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mitchyy its very OK to put your tabs inside EBA mold as long as its not hot! Your body will still absorb it the same way if you take it with water.

Sabi mamas help me out here please at our six weeks immunization my mum refused my son from being giving the PCV1 and ROTAVIRUS1 vaccines which are called "specials" and cost 7500 and 9500 respectively! We only took the penta which cost 250 naira!

Her reason was that they were unnecessary! And the nurses too didn't say much or try to convince me to allow my son take it.
I also observed some other mother's too that their LOs didn't receive the vaccinne!
Next Wednesday is our 10weeks rounds and I want to give my son the PCV2 and ROTAVIRUS2 should I or shouldn't I?
I googled it and saw that its a combo vaccine that protects a child against a number of diseases and I feel so bad that I didn't allow my son take its first dose. Will it still be effective since we missed the initial dosage?
And does it cost that much everywhere or is my hospitals price inflated? Please help a confused mum out please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
olaoyekemi:

Olaoyekemi am with u o. Am also team september. Don't worry wo ma gbori wo le.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
sugah:

Blessedmum duphaston is progesterone and the surge of progesterone in pregnant women causes nausea and vomiting.

Olaoyekemi September mothers are very plenty. Most of us came from the ATC thread so we are still basking in the euphoria of being pregnant. Or maybe na MS hold some people. But we are plenty and more are coming from the ATC.

Yes o sugah we plenty am also from atc but a silent follower as u ve rightly said am yet to get off the euphoria of being pregnant its the lords doing and its marvelous in my eyes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (6973) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.