Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,337 members, 7,934,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:06 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8413595 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2660) (2661) (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) ... (6970) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
iomoge2:

Dont do this one with the low side except u can pull it up.
Children play in thier cot alot n turn alot.
yes I can pull it up its adjustable.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
spiceeamiee:
Team July here o. So where are other team mates and we dont even have a call I yet. Congrats to all the mama's that have dropped their LOs. May God's blessings rest on you and your families.

[qquote author=lululuv post=52344605]Thanks mama's for your prompt response. Luv you all. So my EDD is July where 're my mates, God will see us all through. Intend starting Antenatal by Jan but d doc gave ma some drugs in capsule, How I hate capsules. God help me oo.
Present oo. Havent started Antenatal also, was told to come back at 13 weeks which is about 2 weeks from now. Thank God so far, it has been an easy 11 weeks. How are y'all doing? #TeamJuly#. Senior mamas we hail oo, God will keep you and your los in good health Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kuhuz(f): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=omoloulah post=52346207][/quote]

ah! I think say Na only me no dey sleep for night oo. lol. team February I hail o. edd feb14th , XY. pls mamas how do I deal with dis heartburn/Acid reflux? I am so scared of eating these days.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pls ayam stooling seriously all tru last nyt till now.secondly I no longer hav appetite for food..dunno what z happening.ayam almst 19weeks gone.pls what will I do to curb the stooling.

Cc:zaynie,soonest and oda sabi mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
eat smaller portions of food instead of large portions at once,
take a lot of water...
Ask ur dr if u can take GESTID, my dr recommended it and it worked for me...
i also took FREEGEL (it's a menthol sweet that they sell 70 naira or so) cos tomtom wasnt working for me.

try to know the particular foods that trigger heartburn when u take them, go easy on them so that way u can manage the situation.

kuhuz:

ah! I think say Na only me no dey sleep for night oo. lol. team February I hail o. edd feb14th , XY. pls mamas how do I deal with dis heartburn/Acid reflux? I am so scared of eating these days.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kuhuz(f): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
enque:
eat smaller portions of food instead of large portions at once,
take a lot of water...
Ask ur dr if u can take GESTID, my dr recommended it and it worked for me...
i also took FREEGEL (it's a menthol sweet that they sell 70 naira or so) cos tomtom wasnt working for me.

try to know the particular foods that trigger heartburn when u take them, go easy on them so that way u can manage the situation.

thanks enque.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Itissettled3:
Team February roll call.

Kittana                  Feb 3, XX
Itissettled3
Firsttymum
Chanbaby
Amjane                   Feb 19, XY
Kuhuz
Gagat
Nneka3000
Realdentist
Lala4sure
Ayatiraj
Mom2015               Feb 17
omoloulah               Feb 19 XX
Ayportable
Whyterose
Hunniesuzie            Feb 5 XY

How una dey my people? Sorry for the long silence oh. Na serious waddling I dey. My stomach is so big right now and i can feel baby's body parts pushing at different angles. It's a beautiful feeling.

I am now orobokibo and looking forward to my next drs appointment. May the Lord continually keep us all.

Abeg make una share una condition now. Let's learn.
I de kampe. Can't wait to born this baby joor. I de waddle sha, but with style. Presently 31 weeks. EDD is Feb 28 according to LMP.
I eat only a little at a time now no matter how sweet d food is. that is d only way I can keep my sanity grin or else I'll be so bloated, it'll be as if I'm carrying a 5kg baby. It

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Chanbaby:

@zaynie, @realdentist,@firstymum and other make una help touclight this matter. make una Help my solution grin
Is ur BP high? that's one of d causes of protein in urine.
for d jajaina pain, it's cos ur baby is engaging.
as per the excess amniotic fluid, just adhere to ur doctor's instructions. limit stress, if possible be on bed rest. but don't be tempted to reduce water intake thinking it will reduce amniotic fluid o. u need to be well hydrated to prevent any preterm contractions. it will end in praise surely. God has got ur back
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
agiboma:
Hello Everyone,

I greet you all with love, wishing everyone a happy holidays and the most prosperous New Year ever. May almighty g-d meet you all at your point of need and exceed your expectations by far. I pray for health, strength and financial breakthrough for all of your families.

Always with you in spirit.

Luv,
Agi
Thank you Agi. Good to hear from u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
spiceeamiee:
Team July here o. So where are other team mates and we dont even have a call I yet. Congrats to all the mama's that have dropped their LOs. May God's blessings rest on you and your families.

[qquote author=lululuv post=52344605]Thanks mama's for your prompt response. Luv you all. So my EDD is July where 're my mates, God will see us all through. Intend starting Antenatal by Jan but d doc gave ma some drugs in capsule, How I hate capsules. God help me oo.
present ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
@ mum Zoey, how z ur little princess, plz update ur dairy, it ve bn long.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
ahnie:
Pls ayam stooling seriously all tru last nyt till now.secondly I no longer hav appetite for food..dunno what z happening.ayam almst 19weeks gone.pls what will I do to curb the stooling.

Cc:zaynie,soonest and oda sabi mamas.
Sorry dear. I hope u've been taking ORS to replenish ur water/ mineral loss. pls go to the hospital n report to yr doc. if necessary they will prescribe other medication for u. don't delay pls. I had a similar episode at abt 17 weeks when I ate bad moin moin. I was stooling n vomiting like there was no tomorrow but I no play with my ORS so I didn't get dehydrated. as God would have it, by d following day, d stooling stopped without me taking any other thing. but pls go to d hospital if symptoms hv exceeded 24hrs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
queensnow:
same here to sleep on my left is not so cool as my right lower abdomen aches I roll l
severally before day break...sorry dear try to reduce your stress levels to zero ooo Even avoid chores till u get better and drink alot of water on regular basis..get better soon

I will reduce my stress level to zero and stop doing like a superwoman.. thank God my job gives me 36hrs off... how is your abdomen now? hope you're feeling much better? to sleep for that left side dey always tire me too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneka3000: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Itissettled3 post=52344993]Team February roll

We are fine, my feet were swollen for two days,raised it up on pillow last night while sleeping and it has gone done, sex still unknown baby to close to placenta and hiding. We are 35 weeks 1 day, waddling. Dr said CS because of previous CS. Next appointment is tomorrow . Pls baby open your legs ,I need to finish shopping Biko.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
realdentist:

Is ur BP high? that's one of d causes of protein in urine.
for d jajaina pain, it's cos ur baby is engaging.
as per the excess amniotic fluid, just adhere to ur doctor's instructions. limit stress, if possible be on bed rest. but don't be tempted to reduce water intake thinking it will reduce amniotic fluid o. u need to be well hydrated to prevent any preterm contractions. it will end in praise surely. God has got ur back

Thank u ma, my BP is not high (100/66) at my last check on Tuesday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
I was told milk before bed works. Tried it and didn't have issues. Also try not to eat and lie down immediately

kuhuz:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Giddyperson post=52334223]
This was posted by onegai earlier this year, I'm reposting for anyone who needs it. Sorry for the long post tongue

Diapers (buy one pack newborn, 2 packs size 1 and one pack size 2, to get you through that first few weeks. Then buy according to size after). newborns can go through 8 diaper changes daily (!!!! ) and boys pee more, but don't buy too many because you can't predict size of your baby and you don't know quickly they will grow (I've seen a baby go from newborn to size 2 in 3 weeks). so at least 1 or 2 pack of newborn diapers will hopefully last you for a week and if your baby still needs newborn, buy weekly. If after it finishes your baby needs size 1, at least you have 2 packs at home to give you time before having to run to the supermarket or market to buy more.

Baby wipes: look for the unscented ones, less likely to irritate skin.

Diaper rash cream: Sudafed is what all my sisters used (especially the one who is a pharmacist). But try and change your baby once it gets wet so it's not sitting in a wet diaper that ends up causing diaper rash.

onesies (if you're in Nigeria, get the sleeveless or short sleeved version. Do the same, one pack of 5 newborn, a one pack size 0-3).

try not to buy too many newborn sizes as babies grow like beans (very quickly). Even better, inherit some from others (I just got a lot of onesies and newborn clothing from someone whose baby has outgrown hers, so I didn't bother buying clothes).

Same with clothes and shoes, try not to buy too many until 3-6 months (God knows how many times I have been driven insane looking for one leg of baby shoe or sock that fell somewhere. And it wasn't even my own pikin sef grin ) get a few mittens until your liver is strong enough to file or cut those really sharp baby nails (because they will scratch their faces).

Receiving blanket, a few caps and some wrappers for swaddling. Ejoor look for really thin wrapper (the old type they sold was better and cotton, a breathable fabric which means less heat. So raid a parent's cupboard for their old wrapper). Or buy muslin swaddle blanket (size 44"x44" minimum).

Burp cloths: I don't like the terrycloth ones (those ones that look like towels) because they don't absorb well. Instead get the cotton clothe diaper (that rectangular fabric that's thick). Works like a charm and sometimes cheaper.

Do you have a car? If yes, get a car seat (convertible preferred over infant but you will most likely find infant more in Nigeria). Chicco and Graco make good brands.

It's upto you to decide if you want to buy pacifiers. One pack should be fine.

Bassinet and cot: if you can also inherit this from someone, do (they tend to be pricey). If not, just buy a travel bassinet and remember some babies hate cots (though eventually you will want your bed back and kick the baby out to their cot).

Towels: don't buy baby towels, they are usually very thin and stay damp longer and breakdown faster (mine was from Mothecare). Preferably buy regular very soft towel (100% cotton) which will last longer. Same with washcloth.

lots of small nylon bags and big trashbags for diaper disposal and a pack of Baking soda and a good dustbin with a lid. When you dispose of dirty diapers, use a good bin with a tight cover and sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the dustbin (this helps to trap odours). At the end of the day, you tie up trashbag and take it outside (instead of constantly running after every diaper change to fling it).

Baby set: please look for one that has nail cutter, thermometer, comb, nasal pump, baby medicine spoon, nail file. Avent sells one like that.

No need for stroller, especially if in Nigeria. Which road is not dusty and uneven unless you're in the mall. Get a baby carrier (Bjorn makes good ones, they're expensive but I inherited my sisters own 10 years later. Quality is cheaper in the long run).

Diaper bag: lots of decent ones out there (I got a messenger bag type so my hubby could carry it, my sister used a strong backpack). Look for one that has changing pad inside it.

Olive oil and Shea butter for body cream rather than baby body creams. I hear most of the Johnson's on the market is fake and at least Shea butter is cheap, natural and does a beautiful job, same with olive oil.

Baby wash

Bibs (look for one size fits all).

Treated mosquito net

Bouncy chair and activity gym (so you can keep your baby somewhere if you need to have your hands free, like when bathing or cooking or just watching tv or answering the phone. Activity gym is for when baby starts rolling, put it on the floor (because I'm tired of hearing stories like "my baby rolled off the chair and fell on the floor, should I go to the hospital?? ".

an electronic sterilizer set (microwave) because all the doctors in my house dislike sterilizing tablets. But it is your choice sha. Avent makes one sterilizer set that comes with feeding bottles so no need to buy any more.

Plastic spoon and plate (but you won't need this for a while).

Are you breastfeeding, pumping or doing formula?

Please don't dress your baby up more than you. If you feel hot, your baby feels hot (even faster). If you feel cold, your baby feels cold (even faster). So unless you're constantly in an a.c. on blast, ejoor let your baby relax and use less clothing. Yes, Mama Nkechi or Mama Teni will have all sorts of unnecessary and unwanted advise to give you, but please listen to your common sense. Please listen to your common sense more.

Please don't give your child baby paracetamol or agbo to drink. The only person giving you medical advise should be a pediatrician (who will also tell you what to do and how to treat circumcision and umbilical cord/quote]
Noted. Thanks

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kuhuz(f): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
hunniesuzie:
I was told milk before bed works. Tried it and didn't have issues. Also try not to eat and lie down immediately

OK ma.thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
opejulie10:

I will reduce my stress level to zero and stop doing like a superwoman.. thank God my job gives me 36hrs off... how is your abdomen now? hope you're feeling much better? to sleep for that left side dey always tire me too
good just keep pampering yourself.. body is there guess the stretching is not easy ooo the pains is a Lil bare able now thanks for asking...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mojeco(f): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Team July is here,i pray that God will see us through the 9months and he will give us our bundles of joy .

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
ahnie:
Cc:za.ynie,soonest and oda sabi mamas.

Stool out the germs dear but get ORS so that you don't get dehydrated.
Try and eat. Eat because you really need to.
Sorry dear, it's all part of the package
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2016

WHY I'LL TEACH MY DAUGHTER NOT TO WAIT!!!

Purity comes in many forms.

I don’t really want kids. I’ve never really been into the idea of having kids. (My mother disagrees with me.)

But if I were to have a child…particularly a daughter.

(Jesus take the wheel.)

I would teach her not to wait.

For anything or anyone.

I would tell her not to wait around for a boy to come sweeping in and save her. I would make it a point to teach her that the world has tried to convince women that they need men to feel complete and that that is a big fat, ugly lie.

That she is too full of depth and honesty to “play dumb” for some insecure boy.

I would not let her grow up with the “sleeping beauty” mentality, thinking and expecting some guy to waltz up the ivory tower to wake her up.

I would tell her she is already awake and that she is full of fire that would melt that ivory tower to the ground.

And then I would tell her that when she sorts through the boys that have tried to knock on her door and been denied, that the right one will come. When he does that she needs to thoroughly understand emotional purity. She needs to know that purity comes in many forms and that emotional purity is equally as important as physical purity.

And then she would ask, “Mom, what is emotional purity?”

I would say, “Baby, emotional purity means that you know who you are and what your heart wants. While knowing what your heart wants, knowing that you are in control of your feelings. Your feelings don’t own you. You own them.”

I would tell her that she is not allowed to hide her true self for other people’s comfort.

She is a round house kick to the face of conformity and that that is the best thing about her.

I would tell her if there is an adventure in her heart that she should do everything in her power to make it happen. I will tell her to rally her resources, seek advice from mentors and close friends and then to go fight for what she wants.

I would tell her that the world has been waiting for her since the beginning of time.

I would tell her that she is 1,000 bouquets of roses and a million adventure novels wrapped up into one.

I would sit her in front of the bathroom mirror, like my mother did for me, and make her repeat over and over the things that she loves about herself, even if she didn’t necessarily believe them at the time. She needs to hear that vocally and I’m going to make sure she does.

After our talk, I would hug her tight and say,

“The world is yours. Go get it. I’ll be right behind you the whole time.”

SYDNEY DAVIES
Simpson university student

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ftmum: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Whyterose:
Ah cappo, I dey hail O... My edd is 10th Feb, baby sex still unknown, bt will update as soon as I find out. Compliment of d season 2my buriful mamas.

That's my birthday..... Yipee. smiley smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ehen good evening mamas o
Abeg make una no vex I get kweshion on behalf of a preggy frnd

She's past her due date and her dr gave her castor oil and asked her to drink all that's in the bottle, she wanna know if it's safe

Pls don't jump and pass

Cc iomoge2, realdentist, soonest, onegai, all sabi mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ftmum: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good evening
Please, I do feel pain around my belly button....... I'm 20_weeks plus. It will pain me a little and then relief me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolaalimat: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
hi to all d wadling mamas, i use to tink dat wen ur preg is more dan 5 months yu cant miscarry bt i ws wrong cos my brothers wife just lost her 7 month old pregnancy yesteday. lets all be careful nd monitor our los movement/ kicks nd visit d doctor for any complain. God will cee us tru ooo. sad mood activated sad sad sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
My team mates Spiceeamiee, nneejima, and eksbabe God will see us tru. please do not relent on any info that will help your sis. Am a first time mum and I take everyday as I see it. Haven't told my parents yet cos wedding is by feb. I just hope it wount be obvious that am preg by then. Hubby is so excited he won't let me even touch my tummy or eat anyhow. All i hear everyday is "did you ask the doctor if you can eat dat, if you can lay like that, doctor this,doctor that" sometimes I wished I hadn't told him about the preg.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
ftmum:
Good evening
Please, I do feel pain around my belly button....... I'm 20_weeks plus. It will pain me a little and then relief me.

Guess it's normal. Had same pain around 8weeks. It stopped b4 I knew it. Then I couldn't even stand erect had to go and lie down and it eventually stopped
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=bolaalimat post=52372056]hi to all d wadling mamas, i use to tink dat wen ur preg is more dan 5 months yu cant miscarry bt i ws wrong cos my brothers wife just lost her 7 month old pregnancy yesteday. lets all be careful nd monitor our los movement/ kicks nd visit d doctor for any complain. God will cee us tru ooo. sad mood activated sad sad sad
[/quote

Yeah..may God give her d grace to bear her loss..amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
lululuv:
My team mates Spiceeamiee, nneejima, and eksbabe God will see us tru. please do not relent on any info that will help your sis. Am a first time mum and I take everyday as I see it. Haven't told my parents yet cos wedding is by feb. I just hope it wount be obvious that am preg by then. Hubby is so excited he won't let me even touch my tummy or eat anyhow. All i hear everyday is "did you ask the doctor if you can eat dat, if you can lay like that, doctor this,doctor that" sometimes I wished I hadn't told him about the preg.
Dats his own way of making sure u and baby is fine...just enjoy it...lol...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
We're in our 35th week...like play like play. Finished buying every every for baby and myself of cos. Started having ANClinic every 2weeks. Also just heard FMC Asaba has embarked on their warning strike. I feared that shit would happen but didn't want to believe they'll start the new year with strike. Hopefully tho, the warning strike will only last 2days. All n all, we're perfect. LO is moving just fine and I feel all the tugs and pulls on my jajaina. God be with us all.@itissettled3

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2016
jazzyjazz:

She's past her due date and her dr gave her castor oil and asked her to drink all that's in the bottle, she wanna know if it's safe

Pls don't jump and pass

Cc iomo.ge2, realden.tist, soonest, one.gai, all sabi mamas
castor oil can be used to induce labour. It's safe to use but causes diarrhoea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2660) (2661) (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) ... (6970) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: prettmum(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.