Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,314 members, 7,891,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:58 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8320730 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) (3585) (3586) (3587) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2017
Anugod:
Ok. Just wondering oo.. Do babies engage with their bum or legs? Or is it only the head that could get engaged? And if a baby is engaged, does that mean they cannot change positions again?
If babies only engage with the head, does it mean labour can start even without engagement? Or how do women with breech babies go into labour?

I need any mama who knows to help explain to me please.
Cc: All sabi mamas

When they say engage, it's usually the head they're referring to.
Babies can take 4 positions.
-Cephalic : head down feet up
-Breech :head up, feet down, you feel the weight of the bum most.
-Transverse: head to the right or left, feet the other way.
-Oblique : slant with head up or down.

Because the head is quite larger and harder than the feet it's easier to feel the engagement of the head in the pelvis region.
Babies can change positions to even a week to birth. Until the 38th week which is around the time your final scan is taken,you can't conclude.
If the end is engaged, the likelihood of changing is very slim, this is because the head is fit to the pelvis so it's on a lockdown of some sort.
You see the cervical length shortens as you near your due date. Engagement is related to the CL.
With a long CL it means your baby has more distance to cover, a shorter one means your baby just needs a few more to go.
Labour will start without engagement if induced but I don't think normal labour can start without engagement. Engagement can come even a day before labour but it has to come if the head is coming out first. If your baby refuses to engage then there's no way it's coming out
Breeched women go into labour the same way we do, with leg or bum first. Some doctors are good at turning them just at the start of labor or before labour at all. Some are able to pull the child out but it usually is very complicated and Ftm shouldn't risk it.

I've read of women that had to go for emergency CS because the babies didn't descend and engage during labour. So many things contribute to it, could be umbilical cord or pelvic width or baby's weight.
You aid engagement with walks, the up and down movement helps to find the best fit for his head.

HopeThisHelps

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Anistef:

#sadface# u omitted my name. # crying
Oh my!!am so sorry mama, let me quickly go nd edit nd include your name. Let me bribe you with pizza nd ice-cream.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2017
mitche15:
I am just sitting down and eyeing all these oct mamas undecided undecided january is still far ohh cry cry cry cry anyway @ zaynie pls drop your whatsapp number make i begin do my list.

My number is right beneath my post
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tunis24: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2017
Eminya:
B.A B.A B.A
My beautiful baby girl made her grand entrance today at 11.30am. VD with tear
B.S later.
Cappo pweetiebabe take note pls.
Teamoctoberforsupernaturalandsharpsharpdelivery.
Wow! Congrat dearie. She shall be a blessing to her generation.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tunis24: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
Y'all help me welcome my beautiful niece..
Delivered through cs weighing 3.0kg

This is actually a testimony because this is my sister's 4th child and her 4th cs also.. I'm happy both mother and child are alive and doing well. grin
Congratulations to your family dearie. she shall be a child of signs and wonders.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Eminya:
B.A B.A B.A
My beautiful baby girl made her grand entrance today at 11.30am. VD with tear
B.S later.
Cappo pweetiebabe take note pls.
Teamoctoberforsupernaturalandsharpsharpdelivery.

Congratulations babe!
Another independence baby on the thread!
May she always make you happy and proud.
Kisses to the little angel kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
proudmom38 curvillicious sassyangel1 how far na?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
mitche15:
I am just sitting down and eyeing all these oct mamas undecided undecided january is still far ohh cry cry cry cry anyway @ zaynie pls drop your whatsapp number make i begin do my list.
Abeg no eye us o, abi u want make we borrow Ahnie isoko eye + our orishirishi eye join eye u? Life na turn by turn o....I remembered wen most of us announcer our BFP February/March, we were thinking its a long journey but here we are today so just wait for u January biko.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
zaynie:

When they say engage, it's usually the head they're referring to.
Babies can take 4 positions.
-Cephalic : head down feet up
-Breech :head up, feet down, you feel the weight of the bum most.
-Transverse: head to the right or left, feet the other way.
-Oblique : slant with head up or down.

Because the head is quite larger and harder than the feet it's easier to feel the engagement of the head in the pelvis region.
Babies can change positions to even a week to birth. Until the 38th week which is around the time your final scan is taken,you can't conclude.
If the end is engaged, the likelihood of changing is very slim, this is because the head is fit to the pelvis so it's on a lockdown of some sort.
You see the cervical length shortens as you near your due date. Engagement is related to the CL.
With a long CL it means your baby has more distance to cover, a shorter one means your baby just needs a few more to go.
Labour will start without engagement if induced but I don't think normal labour can start without engagement. Engagement can come even a day before labour but it has to come if the head is coming out first. If your baby refuses to engage then there's no way it's coming out
Breeched women go into labour the same way we do, with leg or bum first. Some doctors are good at turning them just at the start of labor or before labour at all. Some are able to pull the child out but it usually is very complicated and Ftm shouldn't risk it.

I've read of women that had to go for emergency CS because the babies didn't descend and engage during labour. So many things contribute to it, could be umbilical cord or pelvic width or baby's weight.
You aid engagement with walks, the up and down movement helps to find the best fit for his head.

HopeThisHelps
Awwww, thanks so much mummy Moyo. So so helpful. Thanks ma kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Chai see me waking up to see dis, mummy moyo wetin I do u now

tongue tongue tongue
We just start o cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
proudmom38:

But zaynie why evulz nah cry cry

tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
#clearsthroat# #testingmicrophone# #gatherscrowd#

Special announcement y'all.......My name is Goldenheart002, I am an artist. I do painting for a living grin and my works are very nice, I've done paintings and sketchings for many VIP's like u all and I can ship to any part of d world, I also give discounts wen u order above 5

Here is an example of my painting, don't wait for a trial to convince u tongue

tongue tongue lipsrsealed.......okay lemme coman be going, d weather is doing me somehow grin

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
zaynie:

tongue tongue tongue
We just start o cool
Na to dey lick screen b dat now, cos u mama fit do person longer throat.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Anugod:
Ok. Just wondering oo.. Do babies engage with their bum or legs? Or is it only the head that could get engaged? And if a baby is engaged, does that mean they cannot change positions again?
If babies only engage with the head, does it mean labour can start even without engagement? Or how do women with breech babies go into labour?

I need any mama who knows to help explain to me please.
Cc: All sabi mamas

The norm is for babies to engage with the head, that is the head goes way down into the pelvis. In normal cases once they engage down there, they don't change position they're comfortable in that position till they're ready to come out. But then we still have the rare cases that flip later but then this depends on how far down they are. Bum and leg is abnormal. It causes a lot of damage to the baby and mother. No Dr/midwife will allow you deliver a baby like that because of the risk involved. Some have special skill of turning the baby during active labour to become head down. E.g. in twins once the presenting twin is head down no problem cause once out the 2nd one can be flipped and guided down. Yes labour can start whether breech or not. Yes labour can start whether engaged or not. I hope this helps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Yes ma'am it helped me
Thanks alot
ebonychic18:

The norm is for babies to engage with the head, that is the head goes way down into the pelvis. In normal cases once they engage down there, they don't change position they're comfortable in that position till they're ready to come out. But then we still have the rare cases that flip later but then this depends on how far down they are. Bum and leg is abnormal. It causes a lot of damage to the baby and mother. No Dr/midwife will allow you deliver a baby like that because of the risk involved. Some have special skill of turning the baby during active labour to become head down. E.g. in twins once the presenting twin is head down no problem cause once out the 2nd one can be flipped and guided down. Yes labour can start whether breech or not. Yes labour can start whether engaged or not. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
ebonychic18:

Ok, thanks ma. kiss

The other day, my lo was head down and I was in serious pains around my pelvic region that I could barely even walk. Seems lo wasn't too comfortable too, cos he later shifted and the pains I felt lessened. Now, I try to take plenty walks to help with baby's descent and engagement, and I feel mild pains, not as much as the first time. I don't even know lo's current position, but I don't feel that hardness that tells me he is head down. So I was wondering if my walks would push the bum or legs downwards the more, or I should wait till I feel lo's head down there before walking more...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
Yes ma'am it helped me
Thanks alot
you're welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
proudmom38 curvillicious sassyangel1 how far na?

Babe, I dey jare. The kind sleep weh I jst wake up from ehn.... I jst prepare mind say if Buhari wan fall from sky, my children decide to turn my hse to hurricane sassy, I must sleep this sleep. Hw body ojare?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Anugod:
Ok, thanks ma. kiss

The other day, my lo was head down and I was in serious pains around my pelvic region that I could barely even walk. Seems lo wasn't too comfortable too, cos he later shifted and the pains I felt lessened. Now, I try to take plenty walks to help with baby's descent and engagement, and I feel mild pains, not as much as the first time. I don't even know lo's current position, but I don't feel that hardness that tells me he is head down. So I was wondering if my walks would push the bum or legs downwards the more, or I should wait till I feel lo's head down there before walking more...

just try and take your mind off the head position, descent etc.just take care of yourself and work with your Dr. These things have a way of arranging themselves and falling into place somehow. I'll advise you take it easy on the walks. Don't be so aggressive about it yet. I've been feeling same pressure since about 29 weeks its been getting worse not less. Though at times change of position helps a bit. Some people are on bed rest till 37 weeks and baby will still descend so..... just breathe in and out kiss don't think too much baby will come at the appointed time screaming his lungs out cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lol... I wish I can sleep like that

Body dey oh... I've arranged and rearranged my hospital bag
sassyangel1:

Babe, I dey jare. The kind sleep weh I jst wake up from ehn.... I jst prepare mind say if Buhari wan fall from sky, my children decide to turn my hse to hurricane sassy, I must sleep this sleep. Hw body ojare?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
Lol... I wish I can sleep like that

Body dey oh... I've arranged and rearranged my hospital bag

Ahhhhhh.... Wth d kind better breeze n rain weh fall ehn, it cannot waste. If 2 say my oga dey I 4 use d oppurtuinity scrub my jajaina buh as e no dey, I use d rain answer option b. Pls endeavor person dey on ground 2 help wen u bring forth esp as u r a FTM. It's well wth u...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
davodyguy:

God bless

From week 1 to 46 safe?

2. Where can one get in Nigeria?

It's safe through out pregnancy.
Check any good pharmacy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
Need you to draw pweetiebabe and her bump since she refused to do photoshoot. Heheheh cool grin
Goldenheart002:

Special announcement y'all.......My name is Goldenheart002, I am an artist. I do painting for a living grin and my works are very nice, I've done paintings and sketchings for many VIP's like u all and I can ship to any part of d world, I also give discounts wen u order above 5

tongue tongue lipsrsealed.......okay lemme coman be going, d weather is doing me somehow grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Welcome to the independent month.
Kindly supply us with your EDD and sex
Team February for supernatural delivery

01 Bomgirl .................EDD 1/2/18 XY
02 Mcperry ................EDD 2/2/18
03 Rhukkie .................EDD 3/2/18 XX
04 Completey ............EDD 5/2/18
05 Mzkolawole ..........EDD 13/2/18
06 Kweenkong ...........EDD 14/2/18
07 Angel2424 ............EDD 17/2/18
08 Lioha .....................EDD 18/2/18
09 Laura23 .................EDD 22/2/18
10 Booqee ..................EDD 27/2/18
11 Bloomingbud ........EDD 28/2/18 XX, XY
12 Demiiii ...................EDD ?
13 rollykotex ..............EDD ?
14 Anak123 ...............EDD ?
15 Nancyij .................EDD ?
16 Laura23 ................EDD ?
17 Luvtoteach ...........EDD ?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mbula(f): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
good day beautiful mama....just back from antenatal.it feels good to have a good report after each hospital visit.did a confirmatory scan today and lil one is still showing team blue......guess what?he is weighing 1.06kg at 27weeks.seems like God don pick my call for a big baby....lol....team January how market?.let the shopping now begin.....

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Need you to draw pweetiebabe and her bump since she refused to do photoshoot. Heheheh cool grin

Oya pweetiebabe, bring ur original lemme draw u grin
Mama moyosblog123, thanks for d patronage, as my first customer here, I owe u a portrait too grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abeg no draw me.. I have many imaginary portrait already grin
Goldenheart002:

Mama moyosblog123, thanks for d patronage, as my first customer here, I owe u a portrait too grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Goldenheart002:

Draw me keh? I cover my face with d wrapper of my mummy.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Goldenheart002:

Lolllzzzzz.... O, what a brilliant drawing. Infact, Albert Einstein must see this.... Oya o, preggie mamas dt wnt to do pre-pregnancy shoot, maternity shoot n post-pregnancy shoot shd patronize our own o...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
lioha:
Welcome to the independent month.
Kindly supply us with your EDD and sex
Team February for supernatural delivery

01 Bomgirl .................EDD 1/2/18 XY
02 Mcperry ................EDD 2/2/18
03 Rhukkie .................EDD 3/2/18 XX
04 Completey ............EDD 5/2/18
05 Mzkolawole ..........EDD 13/2/18
06 Kweenkong ...........EDD 14/2/18
07 Angel2424 ............EDD 17/2/18
08 Lioha .....................EDD 18/2/18
09 Laura23 .................EDD 22/2/18
10 Booqee ..................EDD 27/2/18
11 Bloomingbud ........EDD 28/2/18 XX, XY
12 Demiiii ...................EDD ?
13 rollykotex ..............EDD ?
14 Anak123 ...............EDD ?
15 Nancyij .................EDD ?
16 Laura23 ................EDD ?
17 Luvtoteach ...........EDD ?

U ppl should remove Bomgirl from ur roll call oh, she ain't porting kankaan! She belong to team January tongue

Mama mbula, thank God for ur report. Me never know wetin my prince weigh but I no want weight wey go tear my honeypot wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lol kpekus mistress

My friends said they are coming by weekend hopefully they will be around.. I'm going to talk with my pastor's wife tomorrow after Bible study incase my friendz change their minds
sassyangel1:

Ahhhhhh.... Wth d kind better breeze n rain weh fall ehn, it cannot waste. If 2 say my oga dey I 4 use d oppurtuinity scrub my jajaina buh as e no dey, I use d rain answer option b. Pls endeavor person dey on ground 2 help wen u bring forth esp as u r a FTM. It's well wth u...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Aunty Moyo wetin I do u now, with dis kind drawing wey Goldenheart002 dey draw so I go kukuma wowo pass wowo itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (3581) (3582) (3583) (3584) (3585) (3586) (3587) ... (6963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.