Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,266 members, 7,891,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8320232 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello mamas, plz is Trade fair better than Lagos Island when it comes to Baby shopping.cc all sabi Mamas and Mamas that have done shopping recently!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
I saw this online and I must eat it tomorrow... ThankGod tomorrow is market day so I will see ripe plantains to buy.. proudmom38 I just felt like tagging you..

Cc mama zaynie

Clap for yasef angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jennykoko3009:
Pls experience mothers and nurses/doctors shud cone to my aid.
Today is my anc and i have been having headache with dizzines, d doc sent for lab which he concluded it was malaria(though i treated malaria at 8months). He prescribed a drug for me. Metherine forte tablet. Nw my question is, is d drug for malaria? (cos i tried browsing abt it bt nt givin a good amswer) again, am suspecting dat d drug wasnt for me( cos many pple wer at d counter mayb dey was a misplacement) am trying to be careful cos am 9months nw. PLS DONT READ AND PASS.. Am waitin for a reply
Cc zaynie and oda sabi mamas

I don't have a concrete answer.
Let me call our in house pharmacist

Soonest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eezohbae(f): 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
sassyangel1:

E-hugs to u dear. It's for ur own gd n our happiness cos we wnt u back wth ur testimony, u hear.... Jst bear d pain dear. God's warmest hands surrounds u dear...

Thanks a lot dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciouscharis: 3:48am On Oct 03, 2017
kelizosuy:
I've started my walks oh but it's around my compound.. I walk round the compound like 20 times.
Started my squats too.. 25 per day..

Finally I'm twerking to my urhobo song grin grin

Cc Mahoti

Please, squatting is not encouraged during 3rd trimester or during labor unless you've been doing before pregnancy.
Squatting can lead to prolonged labor, difficult delivery and a generous episiotomy or possible CS.
If you squat with your knees and feet parallel, your pelvic will be in a triangular shape but if you squat with your feet pointing outward, your pelvic will be in a reverse triangular shape. I'll try to explain each.
A woman in her 3rd trimester can't squat with her feet and knees parallel. What it means is that when she's squatting, the upper side of the pelvic is open while the lower side is closed. Now, the optimal birthing position for babies is occipital anterior i.e. The baby's face facing your back. This position makes labor faster and most babies turn to this position during active labor.
If you are squatting and your baby is not in occipital anterior position, you force the baby's head to descend into the pelvic with no room to change which means you may be faced with a difficult labor. The baby will be in occipital posterior position and the outer side of the pelvic will be tighter. Yes, squatting is known for toning the pelvic.
If you squat with your feet pointing outwards it makes the upper side closed and the lower side open. This means that you can be fully dilated but the baby's head will still not be engaged or it will be hitting the pelvic bones. Most babies get engaged during active labor.
How about women that do water birth and deliver in a squatting position? You may ask. Listen, no professional midwife will allow a woman to squat during labor unless the head of the baby has passed the ischial tuberosities. When the head passes the ischial tuberosities, then the woman is allowed to enter the water for delivery. By design, a heavily pregnant woman cannot squat with her feet and knees parallel.

You can turn a labor that is meant to last for 3 hrs into a 10 hrs labor by squatting.
Walk, Run, Dance, climb the stairs, get down on your 4's, lie on your left side, rock on an exercise ball with your knees lower than your hips but please avoid squatting unless it's been part of your routine before pregnancy.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 5:08am On Oct 03, 2017
Thanks alot for this explanation ma'am..
Never knew all along
I really appreciate
Graciouscharis:

Cc Mahoti

Please, squatting is not encouraged during 3rd trimester or during labor unless you've been doing before pregnancy.
Squatting can lead to prolonged labor, difficult delivery and a generous episiotomy or possible CS.
If you squat with your knees and feet parallel, your pelvic will be in a triangular shape but if you squat with your feet pointing outward, your pelvic will be in a reverse triangular shape. I'll try to explain each.
A woman in her 3rd trimester can't squat with her feet and knees parallel. What it means is that when she's squatting, the upper side of the pelvic is open while the lower side is closed. Now, the optimal birthing position for babies is occipital anterior i.e. The baby's face facing your back. This position makes labor faster and most babies turn to this position during active labor.
If you are squatting and your baby is not in occipital anterior position, you force the baby's head to descend into the pelvic with no room to change which means you may be faced with a difficult labor. The baby will be in occipital posterior position and the outer side of the pelvic will be tighter. Yes, squatting is known for toning the pelvic.
If you squat with your feet pointing outwards it makes the upper side closed and the lower side open. This means that you can be fully dilated but the baby's head will still not be engaged or it will be hitting the pelvic bones. Most babies get engaged during active labor.
How about women that do water birth and deliver in a squatting position? You may ask. Listen, no professional midwife will allow a woman to squat during labor unless the head of the baby has passed the ischial tuberosities. When the head passes the ischial tuberosities, then the woman is allowed to enter the water for delivery. By design, a heavily pregnant woman cannot squat with her feet and knees parallel.

You can turn a labor that is meant to last for 3 hrs into a 10 hrs labor by squatting.
Walk, Run, Dance, get down on your 4's, lie on your left side, rock on an exercise ball with your knees lower than your hips but please avoid squatting unless it's been part of your routine before pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 5:09am On Oct 03, 2017
Mama grin grin grin
zaynie:

Clap for yasef angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 5:14am On Oct 03, 2017
E-hug to you sis... God will give you triple for all these pains you are going through...
Eezohbae:

Thanks a lot ma,will go get it tomorrow.

@patking, prettyhurts, just got back from the hospital, had a scan,doctor said there are blood clots still remaining. Said the uterus is expanded abi can't remember his English again. Was given an injection, he said if the bleeding continues they'll suck it out,and it sounds like another evacuation to me.

Last last,I'm honestly sick and tired of everything,I don't know why all these things are happening to me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 5:17am On Oct 03, 2017
Lol.. Don't turn your face oh
You must look tongue tongue
sassyangel1:

Women pororo haff seen life!!!! Chai, Walai once a woman gets pregnant, her body is no longer hers. See apparatus aside dick inside woman honey pot!! Chaiiii (turning my face to the other side like patience ozorkwo).

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2017
Good morning Mamas. Happy New month to you all

Am here to register o, all the way from TTC thread. Abeg what's the procedure?

Also, been having abdominal pains, like pinching and tugging and serious waist pain. Is it normal? Lmp 2nd Sept

37 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelsgal(f): 6:36am On Oct 03, 2017
Eezohbae:

@patking, prettyhurts, just got back from the hospital, had a scan,doctor said there are blood clots still remaining. Said the uterus is expanded abi can't remember his English again. Was given an injection, he said if the bleeding continues they'll suck it out,and it sounds like another evacuation to me.

Last last,I'm honestly sick and tired of everything,I don't know why all these things are happening to me.
Ah! ma'm,why are you giving up so soon? Where is thy faith,ma'm? pls dont allow the devil to put that thoughts in you? Remember God is still GOD. He said in all things we should give thanks to HIM. My dear,HE changeth not. Thank him for your life and his strength that has seen you through thus far. My dearie,when there is life,theres hope. God got your back. Remember, He wont allow anything thats more than you to come to you. THATS MY GOD'S PROMISE TO YOU,Sis. Am with you in prayers Sis. E-hugs

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Welcome ma may you carry to full term....your edd according to lmp is 9th June 2018. For now I think you are the only one. Happy bumping to you ma'am

May preggies ohhh you people yaff senior sombori
Welcome once more ma
Rubyzz:

Also, been having abdominal pains, like pinching and tugging. Is it normal? Lmp 2nd Sept

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:56am On Oct 03, 2017
kelizosuy:
Welcome ma may you carry to full term....your edd according to lmp is 9th June 2018. For now I think you are the only one. Happy bumping to you ma'am

May preggies ohhh you people yaff senior sombori
Welcome once more ma

Amen ma. Oya, senior mamas, answer my question na. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:04am On Oct 03, 2017
Eezohbae:

I feel you should change hospital
Especially to a teaching hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2017
Rubyzz:

Also, been having abdominal pains, like pinching and tugging and serious waist pain. Is it normal? Lmp 2nd Sept
Cramping without bleeding is absolutely normal at this stage but be careful, just dey pamper yourself for now so that baby can implant very well.
You will be fine
Welcome

May don become senior be dat. Finally

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 03, 2017
Eezohbae:

prettyhurts, just got back from the hospital, had a scan,doctor said there are blood clots still remaining. Said the uterus is expanded abi can't remember his English again. Was given an injection, he said if the bleeding continues they'll suck it out,and it sounds like another evacuation to me.

They should give you drugs(cytotec) that will help to push it out instead of evacuation. Evacuation can weaken the mouth of the cervix sometimes. Continue the hot water massage, leave cold drinks for now, take the ụda water too.

Sorry dear, I understand how you feel very well. E-hugs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2017
LholarB:
Hello mamas, plz is Trade fair better than Lagos Island when it comes to Baby shopping.cc all sabi Mamas and Mamas that have done shopping recently!!

Lagos Island is better but for baby okrika wears Grade 1-faded trade fair under bridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 03, 2017
Good morning mama's, just wanted to share

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2017
mumsgirl27:
Team M ---Miraculous Conceptions
A ---Adorable and Stress free pregnancy
Y ---Yes!!It is a supernatural Delivery.
happy new month my beautiful team mates, how re u all doing.
Yesterday I land myself in hospital but am better now, just resting, how is everyone nd Los doing.. I can't wait for us to be in 2nd trimester.

Roll Call for the beginning of a new week.
Pls, let's include our Edd when we reply

Name's. EDD
mumsgirl27 ----- 07/05/2018 (LMP)

Roseey0 --------

rosekatiej ------
13/05/2017 (LMP)

missusadey -----

Anistef ---------

4realwoman -----
22/05/2018(TVS)

mamatwiny ------- (I won't remove your name on till we hear an update from you becos am hopeful that all is well)

Forevergirl -------
29/05/2018(LMP)

Imahaps ------

Omojolagbe --------

Blessedmum -------

bigiyaro -------

yetty002 ------Our newest mama, how re u?

May Anthem: My marriage shall be a blessing, My children shall surround my table, I will see my Children, grandchildren nd greats grandchildren in good health, wealth, peace of mind and most especially with my DH by my side by God's grace
I no dey see mention again for Nairaland and I don't know why.
Cappo hope it's zero you use after roseey and not letter o. I don't want to be missing roll call o
EDD based on LMP is 14 May 2018

Happy bumping Teamies

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2017
4realwoman:
make we dey see as e go be na? That is if i no port go April my birth month grin grin grin
No try am ooo... We no go gree tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciouscharis: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2017
kelizosuy:
Thanks alot for this explanation ma'am..
Never knew all along
I really appreciate

You are welcome. I have this feeling you'll have a very short labor going by the experiences you share in your posts.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Cc Mahoti

Walk, Run, Dance, climb the stairs, get down on your 4's, lie on your left side, rock on an exercise ball with your knees lower than your hips but please avoid squatting unless it's been part of your routine before pregnancy.

Wow! you sure say no be dix tin do me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2017
Eezohbae:
Good evening mama
@rosekatiej,thank God for his miracle, the lord that started the good work will bring it to a fruitful joyous end.

@zaynie,ebonychic, senior mamas,God bless Una for the detailed explanation, I really learnt a lot.

@Sassyangel,your sense of humor no be here,I wantu be like you when I grow up.

Hope we all are doing good, Kelsgal, booqee, prettyhurts( I might be wrong) haven't seen you guys post in a while. Guess you are busy and fine. Mamatwinny too

Sorry to disturb, I've been debating with myself whether to disturb you people with this,but I'm confused, don't know if its something normal or not.

Till now I'm still bleeding and recently it got very heavy, so heavy that I use up to three pads a day. Its really really depressing for me. Plus,please sabi mamas,any suggestion for pads that are good for heavy flow (very heavy) always doesn't seem to do it for me anymore, sofy too.

Please help a sister.
If the bleeding is still very heavy now, ask your doctor if you can try Tranexamic acid. I used it to stop a prolonged heavy pp bleeding and it was prescribed by a doctor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Amen sis
I want to ask a question please... Why does it feel heavy down there when I work for like 2mins? It changes my step because my pelvis becomes really heavy and it happens alot during walks.
Graciouscharis:

You are welcome. I have this feeling you'll have a very short labor going by the experiences you share in your posts.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2017
This multi choice pipu dt is in charge of putting olden days repetitive movies shd wehdone o. E b like say them wnt sango n obatala's Thunder dt is pressed down, shaken together n running over to hammer them in doctor's prescription(1 in the morning,1 in the afternoon and 1 @ nite). If they don't v money to buy video n put 4 subscribers to watch, y can't they jst close eye n buy 1,000 gb worth of airtime from Mtn(their fellow colleague) n download current movies 4 pelzin? Abi den swear 4 dem?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2017
sassyangel1:
This multi choice pipu dt is in charge of putting olden days repetitive movies shd wehdone o. E b like say them wnt sango n obatala's Thunder dt is pressed down, shaken together n running over to hammer them in doctor's prescription(1 in the morning,1 in the afternoon and 1 @ nite). If they don't v money to buy video n put 4 subscribers to watch, y can't they jst close eye n buy 1,000 gb worth of airtime from Mtn(their fellow colleague) n download current movies 4 pelzin? Abi den swear 4 dem?
Lmao. Dem don vex you today again? Yesterday as dey show one cut out episode of Hotel Majestic, I just think of you straight grin Dem just dey repeat anyhow
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Mahoti:
babe I do 40 per day
40 kwa, u people are just making me feel am lazy, I tried just 1 and its like my backbone dislocated may God have mercy o....My laziness no be from here @ all

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2017
Anugod:
Lmao. Dem don vex you today again? Yesterday as dey show one cut out episode of Hotel Majestic, I just think of you straight grin Dem just dey repeat anyhow

Walai, I jst hissed wen I saw the cut outt episode. They jst spoilt my mood 4rm watching tinsel. Abeg, v u bot dis Tstv? I need to fling their decoder(dstv n gotv) to the bottomless pit.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2017
zaynie:

I don't have a concrete answer.
Let me call our in house pharmacist

Soonest

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 03, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Cc Mahoti

Thanks for this mama ,sometimes I feel like running and wonder if it's okay. People on street at times look at me like what.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017
Prettyhurts:
Good morning mama's, just wanted to share
Thanks but are they all appropriate at all trimester ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Abeg, all sabi mama's, I find it difficult to take my drugs in my third trimester. Is it normal?are their other alternatives

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (6963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babena(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.