Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,558 members, 7,937,584 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8420218 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) ... (6970) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by davsquared: 11:25am On Apr 10, 2020
mzchirious:
Good morning Sabi Mamas,how's the waddling going? grin ; grin....I have been meaning to ask,how can one use Lipton to reduce the size of a baby (will it be taken with milk or just plain),also I'm team may (shout-out to all may Mamas grin grin grin) so will it still be effective if I start now?tho I don't know the size of my baby as I haven't been able to go to do a scan due to this lock down and I'm 36 weeks already so I'm just sizing it from the size of my baby bump(lol). Please Sabi mamas,this post should not be self-isolated grin grin,your response(s) will really be appreciated.thanks

grin grin grin. Make I laugh well well. In my opinion Sis, that Lipton story is a Scam! Baby cannot lose weight in utero. They pack on kgs at the later part of pregnancy. And baby size is genetics mostly. If you and your DH were big babies, no matter what you drink, your baby will tow that line.

The bottom line is to eat healthy. Enough vegetables and Food that are rich in nutrients are what you and baby need. Take it from someone who tried . lipsrsealed embarassed.

As far as your pelvis is not borderline (where you are advised not to push a baby above 3kg estimate) there Is no need to worry.

Let's all be careful abeg and leave baby weight matter. Once again,Eat healthy!

And big babies are sweet to carry. smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2020
mayluv:

Please I read somewhere that liver is not recommended in pregnancy as it contains a high amounts of a particular vitamin A that can cause defects in baby.
It is Preformed Vitamin A that is found in most animal products (eggs, milk, liver etc). Eating foods like these once or twice a month wouldn’t hurt as the thing about eating in pregnancy is “moderation.”

Also, aside liver, there are other meat options that can easily be substituted.

BTW, liver was recommended for me around my Week 35 as I noticed my PCV dropped from 42% to 37%. It wasn’t and still isn’t one of my choices.

N/B: Most defects in developing babies usually happens around the first months of pregnancy, say first trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by davsquared: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2020
bimberry1307:

This your question is on my mind too. I have it in mind to start taking Lipton once I'm 35wks cos I've been taking milo a lot since I got pregnant. But I don't know if it's to be taken with milk or not. Waiting for other mamas input on this too. I

embarassed lipsrsealed.

See response from Liftedhands biko

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2020
blex444:
Dear cappo@spixytinxy

Sorry I saw your mention
but was so lazy to type as at then

We are good
...also staying positive

Hope baby is kicking you real good?

God's blessings on us all.
u r not alone on bn lazy to type Jare. Baby is kicking real good ooo, I wonder if she even sleeps at all cos she is always active, Wat abt u? Is baby kicking u real good too?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fairygeh(f): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

I gave birth to my charming prince yesterday (09/04/2020) weighing 3.0kg through ECS. After 8years of waiting

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later
@May Cappo: Please take note
Congratulations mama.God is great

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzchirious(f): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Liftedhands:
A big newborn is easier to manage than a small newborn incase you all don't know. Big babies sleep more and are less cranky. The olive oil in your list is to aid smooth passage and minimise tear, be active yourself and don't be a couch potato then start looking for what to drink for baby to be small. Engage your partner to do perinial massage for you(google how to do this)

Baby size is mostly based on genetic! If you don't want a big baby be sure you yourself is not big or your partner cos na wetin una give am he or she go collect. I remember asking my doc hope my baby won't be big and he look at me and said madam are you small? I just mute and prepared my mind. He only advised me to eat right and be active and pray my baby doesn't take after me.

No doctor will advise you to eat or drink anything to make your baby small cos whatever can do that will have adverse effect on your baby. Asides fear of having tears what other tangible none selfish reason is there to subject your baby to Lipton for weight loss? Ask yourself am I being fair to my bundle of joy? Or just thinking about my jajaina and how oga will see it after childbirth?

I'm waiting for a good reason or explanation.

Cc all the moms using or have used Lipton to reduce babys weight angry

This was quite insightful,I guess I'll just keep eating normal, praying and hoping for the best.Yes,I'm scared of tears as a first time mom but I'll try the exercise you mentioned and leave the rest to God.....Thanks to everyone who responded,Corona free kisses to you all kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

I gave birth to my charming prince yesterday (09/04/2020) weighing 3.0kg through ECS. After 8years of waiting

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by customizedme: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!!
So happy for u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapiness44(f): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Wow! Congrats Mama. I am soooo happy to hear this

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
Liftedhands:
Just give your baby skipping rope and ask her to jog the 3rd mainland bridge. Baby will reduce weight tongue
Noted. grin grin grin. Na the fear of tears o. The previous two no be here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherishyy(f): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Wowwwwww... Congratulations mama. I'm super happy for you. God bless and keep your prince. Speedy recovery mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
spixytinxy:
u r not alone on bn lazy to type Jare. Baby is kicking real good ooo, I wonder if she even sleeps at all cos she is always active, Wat abt u? Is baby kicking u real good too?
You are not alone on dis,mine start at night when am about to sleep,its as if the baby is timing me once I lay laidis d kicking start.I will just rub my belly I feel mild once during d day too..active babies all d way
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
Sleekyshuga:

- Do more of green vegetables (ugwu leaf, Spinach, Broccoli etc).

- Beans

- Beef and organ meat (Liver & Kidney)

- Fish & Poultry

- Iron fortified nuts (Cashews, Almonds etc)

- Eggs, etc.
On point but Its not advised for pregnant women to eat liver. Avoid it if possible or eat minimal and not more than twice a month. The vitamin A found in liver can cause birth defects especially in early pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
bimberry1307:

Noted. grin grin grin. Na the fear of tears o. The previous two no be here.
Lolz you will be alright, stay active and push when ask to.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifeoluwatoyin2: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hello mummies...

Kindly share the foods to avoid during early pregnancy please...for the sake of first time mum like us..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thriftabaya: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hey Mamas,
Trust you're good, BUY DUBAI PREOWNED ABAYA AS LOW AS 2k. They are suitable for pregnancy, breastfeeding, casual outings, etc. As a new mom, that's what I rocked most durng pregnancy and still rocking while breastfeeding my baby since some have front buttons or zip
Wholesale and retail available. Nationwide delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mums with or that has had anterior placenta how soon where you feeling the strong kick. I found out I have an anterior placenta hence why I don't feel my baby kick except when I lay down on my sides and it's actually very light. But anytime I go for scan baby is super active. And also any advice on birth plans for anterior placenta mums
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later
Thank you Jesus! I'm so thrilled for you ma'am. God will keep your prince and make him the pride of your family and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ayaoye:
Mums with or that has had anterior placenta how soon where you feeling the strong kick. I found out I have an anterior placenta hence why I don't feel my baby kick except when I lay down on my sides and it's actually very light. But anytime I go for scan baby is super active. And also any advice on birth plans for anterior placenta mums

I always have anterior placenta with my pregnancies. My son was not that very active and only moves at night when I lay down to sleep. Some days sef, especially in the second trimester, he won't even be noticable moving. But third trimester was better but yet, movement was not that much. In fact, I had to rush to the hospital one Saturday in third trimester to complian that I had not noticed movement of my baby. When they checked, baby's heartbeat was so strong eh.

But with this pregnancy, which scan has confirmed two times to be a girl, I no dey rest. Even as I'm typing, she is just busy kicking with all her might. Sometimes, I wonder how the kicking would have been if my placenta was posterior smiley

From my experience, it's like boys kick less than girls (I have had two boys but lost one at 24 weeks).

Regarding birth plan, you can push like every other pregnant woman without any issue. Relax. Anterior placenta isn't bad. Just that it may prevent you from feeling constant kicking especially when not laying down.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Double post
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayluv(f): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Sleekyshuga:

It is Preformed Vitamin A that is found in most animal products (eggs, milk, liver etc). Eating foods like these once or twice a month wouldn’t hurt as the thing about eating in pregnancy is “moderation.”

Also, aside liver, there are other meat options that can easily be substituted.

BTW, liver was recommended for me around my Week 35 as I noticed my PCV dropped from 42% to 37%. It wasn’t and still isn’t one of my choices.

N/B: Most defects in developing babies usually happens around the first months of pregnancy, say first trimester.

That's okay by me. I am only stating what I read so mamas who have it in mind should know to take it in moderation as you have now noted. One love.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
whyworryPH:

I always have anterior placenta with my p.
that it may prevent you from feeling constant kicking especially when not laying down.

Thank you so much for this detailed answer. I have been a bit worried since I found out and I have been reading about it a lot (some site can give you hypertension if care is not taken) . Good to have someone in same shoes giving me answers. Ese gan

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later

Congratulations mama, Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later
Congratulations! May he bring you Joy always. Not an easy thing waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutewifey: 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ayaoye:
I also have an anterior placenta with dis current pregnancy but had posterior placenta with my first, I started feeling strong kicks at d last weeks of my 2nd trimester too, I always google abt anterior placenta to be sure my baby is fine, but now d kicks no be here o, its always very strong especially when laying down, and sometimes strong too during d day, don't worry everything is fine with ur Lo, u will feel strong kicks very well in ur third trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutewifey: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Ayaoye post=88304349]

Thank you so much for this detailed answer. I have been a bit worried since I found out and I have been reading about it a lot (some site can give you hypertension if care is not taken) . Good to have someone in same shoes giving me answers. Ese gan[quote] There's nothing to worry about, u will not only feel kicks but it will be visible anytime he/she stretches, u will see ur stomach move anytime baby kicks too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
cutewifey:
I also have an anterior placenta with dis current pregnancyay, don't worry everything is fine with ur Lo, u will feel strong kicks very well in ur third trimester.

Thanks so much for the reply.... Can't wait for my son to start feeling it, he doesn't believe there is a baby inside me..... He says my tummy is a ball and sometimes try to head boot it... Lol

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=cutewifey post=88307443][/quote]

Can't wait walahi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
mayluv:

That's okay by me. I am only stating what I read so mamas who have it in mind should know to take it in moderation as you have now noted. One love.
Well stated dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
ijeije123:
Hi mama, I have Kenwood blender(350watts) and its N8500. Its very okay as I have been using for a ur plus now.
I just saw this mention now. Sorry it is coming late ma.
I later got Qasa. But the beans grinding was not smooth.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
B.A alert.

@35weeksplus

BS will be coming later
Congratulations mama,am soooo happy,my spirit is lifted and filled with joy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5564) (5565) (5566) (5567) (5568) (5569) (5570) ... (6970) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.