Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,014 members, 7,970,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:43 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8466356 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) (6745) (6746) ... (6976) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
ladyrachy:
Such sweet sweet BS from August mamas ooo,thank God for the maternal instinct and victories. @Sassy256 ur BS remeinded me of mine, doc was still trying to fix anoda hot drip i no gree again ooo I say make dem comot am. I opted for the cs after them remove baby she no cry no kick just dey cold. If I had continued with that yeye labour stuff my baby for be history today. Hmm devil has surely failed indeed,God will grant the rest mamas safe and easy delivery. Mother and baby alive is our watchword and portion in Jesus me amen.
My dear, God is faithful o, thank God for the holy spirit else the devil will just use one doctor to spoil what God is doing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
StarryV:

Oh! Nice BS. See fine baby. I can imagine how much joy you felt hearing that loud cry cheesy
Congratulations my wonderful Cappo. I wish you a speedy recovery. God's blessings on your lil cutie.
Thank you, Amen .

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
vic4real22:
Congratulations to you ma, may ur baby be a source of joy to u and to the family.
Amen. Thank you sir
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
[quote author=missviva post=115840483][/quote]
Yes ooo, God's mercies indeed kept us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
ifyonline:
Congratulations..

Welcome LO.

No be small Cry see baby face

Lol, d cry loud oo grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Blessedmum:

Congratulations mama, welcome to the world prince.
Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wonyi: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
deeem:
congratulations, I've seen a neighbour that did the 4th cs recently but the truth is she worked closely with her gynecologist.So I would say you should relax and work closely with a good gynecologist.

My sister in law delivered her 4 kids via CS. Fear not. Work with your gynecologist
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ihavethingstodo: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sassy256:
My BS!
Hmm, when I say this child is a testimony, believe me..
This is my third baby, I have a boy and girl 7yrs & 6yrs respectively and the gap between them and this child is neither accidental nor planned! Life happened.
I started planning for 3rd missionary journey when my daughter was less than 2 years old, it took 4 good years complete (Dec, 2017 till Dec, 2021) to find out I was pregnant. If you check my earliest post on this moniker, it was my testimony on TTC thread.
This child was conceived when I had almost given up and decided to face other things and a lot of things just fell in place at the same time.
First trimester was war, I was sick everyday, spitting couldn't eat anything but peppersoup (with uda o, if I don't add uda it won't taste well, so I added in moderation) and Nescafé 3 in 1coffee.
Second trimester was so much better but unfortunately my spitting did not stop but at least I slayed small and libido was a bit high, chai!
Third trimester, tiredness, heaviness everything but I still tried to look good and had small libido until around 35weeks when if I see d..k sef I feel like slapping oga.
From 36 weeks, it became a battle just to stand up, I hated being pregnant at this point o (God forgive me), I appreciated the gift, but everything about being pregnant was just not going well with me again from that time.
My midwife checked me at my 38 +4 appt, after asking some questions, I told her my baby was a bit slow as his movements had reduced a bit, hmm oyibo no dey take chances o, in no time I was at maternity assessment unit, next thing doc said you will be induced.
Go to Delivery suite tomorrow 9am.
9am tuesday I was there.
Pessary was started around 11am, nothing happened. 2nd pessary inserted by 5pm and by 11pm it had worked small so they broke my water and I started contracting.
I had already signed birth plan, and pain relief before this time and I requested for epidural, because the pain I felt in the other two pregnancies scarred me for life. They said the anesthesiologist was in theater and gave me gas to start with.
The gas wasn't helping, soon the epidural guy came, set up the stuff, put their needles etc in my back and told me after 30mins i won't feel anymore pain! E no work!
Me and hubby were discouraged, labour wasn't progressing and they wanted to give me syntocin drip. I told hubby I won't take that drip without epidural, I can't go through that pain of that level of induction again.
As God will have it, that anaesthesiologist went home and another one came, this time a young lady, immediately I saw her my spirit calmed down, I was willing to try again and this time it worked.
You need to see me cruising hot drip without an ounce of pain, I was seeing contractions on the monitor but no pain, I even slept off till I was 9cm dilated.
9cm dilated, baby was still high up, not coming down not getting to 10cm.
They said they will try for me to push, baby refused to come down and his heart rate was going down with every contraction but coming back up again after the contraction, everything was clear on the monitor and they were worried why it was happening.
Doc came and gave us 2 options.
1, assisted delivery with forceps and/ or suction cups
2, CS
We gave consent for CS cos even the forceps delivery many times damage babies shoulder and still ends in CS. Turns out cord was wrapped twice around his neck, that's why he couldn't descend and using forceps to pull him out would have been disastrous but Mercy said No!
My baby was brought out crying loud like town crier grin weighing 3.41kg, healthy with plenty hair. 17th August, my favourite niece's birthday mate too kiss
Indeed, God has done me well, and I am grateful.

Congratulations to you and your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nahzyla: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sassy256:
My BS!
This is my third baby, I have a boy and girl 7yrs & 6yrs respectively and the gap between them and this child is neither accidental nor planned! Life happened.
I started planning for 3rd missionary journey when my daughter was less than 2 years old, it took 4 good years complete (Dec, 2017 till Dec, 2021) to find out I was pregnant. If you check my earliest post on this moniker, it was my testimony on TTC thread.
This child was conceived when I had almost given up and decided to face other things and a lot of things just fell in place at the same time.
First trimester was war, I was sick everyday, spitting couldn't eat anything but peppersoup (with uda o, if I don't add uda it won't taste well, so I added in moderation) and Nescafé 3 in 1coffee.
Second trimester was so much better but unfortunately my spitting did not stop but at least I slayed small and libido was a bit high, chai!
Third trimester, tiredness, heaviness everything but I still tried to look good and had small libido until around 35weeks when if I see d..k sef I feel like slapping oga.
From 36 weeks, it became a battle just to stand up, I hated being pregnant at this point o (God forgive me), I appreciated the gift, but everything about being pregnant was just not going well with me again from that time.
My midwife checked me at my 38 +4 appt, after asking some questions, I told her my baby was a bit slow as his movements had reduced a bit, hmm oyibo no dey take chances o, in no time I was at maternity assessment unit, next thing doc said you will be induced.
9am tuesday I was there.
Pessary was started around 11am, nothing happened. 2nd pessary inserted by 5pm and by 11pm it had worked small so they broke my water and I started contracting.
I had already signed birth plan, and pain relief before this time and I requested for epidural, because the pain I felt in the other two pregnancies scarred me for life. They said the anesthesiologist was in theater and gave me gas to start with.
The gas wasn't helping, soon the epidural guy came, set up the stuff, put their needles etc in my back and told me after 30mins i won't feel anymore pain! E no work!
Me and hubby were discouraged, labour wasn't progressing and they wanted to give me syntocin drip. I told hubby I won't take that drip without epidural, I can't go through that pain of that level of induction again.
As God will have it, that anaesthesiologist went home and another one came, this time a young lady, immediately I saw her my spirit calmed down, I was willing to try again and this time it worked.
You need to see me cruising hot drip without an ounce of pain, I was seeing contractions on the monitor but no pain, I even slept off till I was 9cm dilated.
They said they will try for me to push, baby refused to come down and his heart rate was going down with every contraction but coming back up again after the contraction, everything was clear on the monitor and they were worried why it was happening.
2, CS
We gave consent for CS cos even the forceps delivery many times damage babies shoulder and still ends in CS. Turns out cord was wrapped twice around his neck, that's why he couldn't descend and using forceps to pull him out would have been disastrous but Mercy said No!
My baby was brought out crying loud like town crier grin weighing 3.41kg, healthy with plenty hair. 17th August, my favourite niece's birthday mate too kiss

I praise and thank God for your healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
God bless your little one.
I had issue of cord wrapped around the neck for my first child but God came through and I delivered safely. I wonder if there is any way they can scan and see the cord wrapped around neck instead of putting babies through unnecessary distress.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nahzyla: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
ladyrachy:
Such sweet sweet BS from August mamas ooo,thank God for the maternal instinct and victories. @Sassy256 ur BS remeinded me of mine, doc was still trying to fix anoda hot drip i no gree again ooo I say make dem comot am. I opted for the cs after them remove baby she no cry no kick just dey cold. If I had continued with that yeye labour stuff my baby for be history today. Hmm devil has surely failed indeed,God will grant the rest mamas safe and easy delivery. Mother and baby alive is our watchword and portion in Jesus me amen.

Na wa oo

Some of these doctors their second names are guess work.
One of my neighbors lost her child because of prolonged Labour, instead of doing CS, they kept inducing and inducing until the unfortunate happened.

Thank God for guiding you to make the right choice.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
nahzyla:

Na wa oo

Some of these doctors their second names are guess work.
One of my neighbors lost her child because of prolonged Labour, instead of doing CS, they kept inducing and inducing until the unfortunate happened.

Thank God for guiding you to make the right choice.
Hmm its well oo,after the whole nine month wahala nothing to show for it its painful,dats why I told my doc cervix dilate to 10cm or not make dem kukuma comot the baby I was fed up with the delay

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2022
Haleematm:
Hello house I m back again hope we are good? I wish us all a safe and smooth journey. Thought im done we with this group but as God will have it I tested positive today to God be the glory after three CS. Mother's please put me in your prayers as I am very scared right now. Has anyone tried going for a 4th CS before? Experienced mamas please help
My sis in-law has gone thru 4 CS ooo and she's fine with her kids although she gave gap like 2 -3yrs. My doc even said he has done up to five depending on how good the person is and most importantly he said the woman must give enough spacing of the kids. So u will be fine ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
nahzyla:

I praise and thank God for your healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
God bless your little one.
I had issue of cord wrapped around the neck for my first child but God came through and I delivered safely. I wonder if there is any way they can scan and see the cord wrapped around neck instead of putting babies through unnecessary distress.
Thanks mama, Amen.
I'm sure they will see it if they scan during labour
But they don't do that

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ihavethingstodo:

Congratulations to you and your family
Thanks you smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nahzyla: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
ladyrachy:

Hmm its well oo,after the whole nine month wahala nothing to show for it its painful,dats why I told my doc cervix dilate to 10cm or not make dem kukuma comot the baby I was fed up with the delay

Your own was nothing short of a miracle, your intuition guided you right and you stood your ground. some mothers trust doctors advice and end up regretting, like that my neighbor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AdedoyinO(f): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Pregnant mums and waddling mommas, I greet you. God is your muscle. You all shall land safely in Jesus name

I have beautiful maternity underwear you should rock while pregnant. Maternity panties, tights, pantyhose, nursing camisole.

Scan the QR code below let's chat on WhatsApp to get for yourself or your pregnant relative. Thank you.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AdedoyinO(f): 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
More

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 2:07am On Aug 20, 2022
Sassy256:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
I welcomed my second prince today via emergency CS. God has indeed done me well, join me praise His name
Bs coming soon.

Sassy256 on the Beat oooo!!!
Congratulations dearie...And thank God for your little one...God is indeed faithful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:08am On Aug 20, 2022
ladyrachy:
July mamas how the fourth trimester, tooth ache is disturbing me babdly and baby no send me still sucking boobs like her dad. How far diaper change I av used 100pcs+ and she's not one month yet. May God make provision for us all taking care of a newborn needs no be beans. I was changing one diaper put a new one and she just shoot out poo on it again I kukuma no wear her anything hmm I regretted it the poo she download next ehn full everywhere like egusi soup. I swear say I no go leave her bum like DAT againgrin
No be small tnooo,this 4th trimester shaa,2weeks after delivery I became sick ehn,took malaria drugs and some antibiotics ,am fine now,na cough just started recently..

We never finish 100pieces of pampers,e remain small nd we dey clock 4weeks like this grin

This hard time to take care of new born no be child's play oo,Amen to your prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:11am On Aug 20, 2022
novia22:
BS BS BS
I remember coming here to rant about imaginary contractions a few days earlier not knowing my journey to delivery had started.
Fast forward to 12th Aug...2:15am...I started having those contractions again but this time, they were just below my tummy but no intense. Slept off and woke up by 5am, took my bath, reconfirmed my hospital stuff then woke my little daughter by 6am to take her bath so I could send her to my Sis in-laws house to allow me focus on the task ahead. Woke DH by 7am to let him know I had started contracting but at highly random intervals. Omo the guy went and showered oooo dressed up and came to sit Infront of me. I told him Oga pls just go about your day, I will let you know when it's time to go to the hospital. Oga cancelled all appointments for the day and didn't step an inch. By 9.am, all contractions had stopped so I decided to cook something so there could be food at home if nothing. While rounding up, contractions started again.....20mins interval...I could endure the pain so I stayed back at home cos I didn't want to go to the hospital and spend the whole day there.
8pm...contractions were at 5 mins interval and the pain was growing. Hubby insisted we go so we left. The hospital is about 4mins drive from my house so we got there in no time. I went into the labour ward, was checked and I was 5cm dilated and progressing fine. I was moved to Postnatal ward cos it was empty so I occupied the whole ward. Was told I will be checked again by 2am.
I started having very strong contractions back to back around past 12. Called the nurse and she said we should wait till 2am. The contractions became extremely painful for me to even think...I kept praying and calling on God to help me..by 1:57am, 13th August, I got the strong urge to poo, Hubby's cousin who was with me And I ran to the labour ward. My sight was blur and I could barely walk or see where I was going cos I was in so much pain but somehow I dashed into the labour ward screaming "The baby is coming, I want to Poo, I want to push"...the Nurse said I shouldn't cos I needed to be checked, only for her to put her fingers in and she was touching my baby's head. Then she asked me to push, I pushed. 1st push crowned the babys head then the second push brought the whole body out.

Then the battle for me started. The placenta refused to detach itself from the uterus. The nurse tried and tried, she asked me to cough, I coughed till my lips and throat were dry yet nothing. 30mins after, the placenta wasnt out. The nurse kept trying and trying, to no avail. My baby was totally fine so why would the placenta refuse to detach? I saw fear In the nurses eyes and that of my husband's cousin. I refused to be scared ooo. I told Hubby's Cous to get my phone and play Too Faithful To Fail by Moses Bliss...then I closed my eyes and begged God to show himself at that moment. I reminded him that He can't leave me halfway and I was nothing without Him.
Guys ...God showed up for me and 15mins later, the placenta came out. I kept saying Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus! Then I was told I had a tear and the doctor was to do the stitching. I wondered why a nurse or midwife couldn't just stitch me up since it was a small tear( cos for my 1st daughter, I had an episiotomy and was stitched up by a nurse not a doctor).

The doctor who stitched me up said the nurses made a big mistake by leaving me for too long hence an inward and outward tear that almost got to my cervix...meaning I was fully dilated far before the 2am.
I was just looking at two of them like " shey both of you are mad ni" these are the same people I came to call that i needed to be checked but they refused to check me cos laziness will not allow them to be great.
Mama's pls, if your mind tells you to do something sometimes, pls obey. If I hadn't gotten up and rushed to the labour ward myself, I don't know what my fate or that of my child would have been.
When they finished arguing, they cleaned me up. I jejely came down from that their bed abi stretcher.
They were now forming caring oo..."Can you walk? Are you dizzy?" Do you need help?
I shook my head and asked to see my LO who had already been moved to the side of my bed waiting for me...
The sight of her made me almost forget everything I went through in the past hours..

Last last, I'm happy to say, I came, I saw, I conquered and I wish all bumpy Mama's a successfully delivery...

The placenta part,Kai,thank God for coming through,believing in him and his words is wat we should always hold to..

Nawa for the nurse on duty .
Thank God it ended in praise.
Congratulations Ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:12am On Aug 20, 2022
Sassy256:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
I welcomed my second prince today via emergency CS. God has indeed done me well, join me praise His name
Bs coming soon.

Congratulations nd welcome Prince

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:13am On Aug 20, 2022
teebee22:
Pls mamas I have been having pains since yesterday which subsided for some time and like now am having pains all round my stomach which is affecting my back, waist and legs yet no mucus plug or water breakage. Also it's like am feeling cold too. Could this be labor signs. Am 36 weeks gone.

You can go to hospital for your Doctor to check you...not must u will see mucus plug or water
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:16am On Aug 20, 2022
Sassy256:
My BS!
9am tuesday I was there.
2, CS

Thank God!
Baby and mama well,congratulations once again Ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:17am On Aug 20, 2022
StarryV:
Where are my August people Looks like I'm the only one that hasn't delivered yet. Where are the rest, please gather here let's encourage ourselves. 21st seems so farrrrrrrr! embarassed embarassed
Are you sure I shouldn't just carry my bag and go and lye down in the hospital like this. So that this baby will know that I'm serious grin grin
grin grin ;DCalm down Ma,baby go soon show face
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2022
novia22:

Sassy256 on the Beat oooo!!!
Congratulations dearie...And thank God for your little one...God is indeed faithful.
Hahahaha thanks my able teamie❤️
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2022
shiller:

Thank God!
Baby and mama well,congratulations once again Ma
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrHighSea: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2022
Eagle has landed @ 37.3wks
2 hrs ago via VB
3kg

Tall, hairy and foodie like me.

God, I'm grateful.

37 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LUGBE: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2022
Congrats man, ours by Gods willing is on the way.

Do takecare of wifey and baby.

MrHighSea:
2 hrs ago via VB
3kg

God, I'm grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2022
MrHighSea:
2 hrs ago via VB
3kg

God, I'm grateful.

Congratulations grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
MrHighSea:
2 hrs ago via VB
3kg

God, I'm grateful.
Congrats to you and madam.. God bless your newborn

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
MrHighSea:
2 hrs ago via VB
3kg

God, I'm grateful.
God is good.naso you port leave us.congratulatulations .we await the B.S.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2022
shiller:

You can go to hospital for your Doctor to check you...not must u will see mucus plug or water
thanks mama. I later saw mucus plug yesterday and had to visit the hospital today. I was checked and they said it's not labor pain cos I was not dilating. And I was given pcm and asked to go home and rest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) (6744) (6745) (6746) ... (6976) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.