Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,803 members, 7,886,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8308081 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Does this mean pregnant women should generally avoid pineapples? Logically to avoid activating unwanted or premature contraction. At least till one is ready
zaynie:

Have you tried walking, I read that walking makes the baby engage faster. Besides from last week to this week is long enough for baby to engage.
Yes those pains could mean you are in labour.
Is your hospital private or public? Cos I never hear of this new rule of 3.8 kg o.
My MiL always had big babies with the smallest being like 4.3 and the biggest 4.9kg and she always had them herself but with massive tears sha.

Pineapple really works o, that my SiL that gave birth to a baby on Tuesday lost her mucus plug on Friday. She went for ANC on Monday and Dr said she wasnt contracting. Midwives advised her to eat pineapples. Na so she chop plenty pineapples so tey contraction started by 2am Tuesday morning. She gave birth at about 7pm that same day.
Wishing you the very best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
zaynie:
Congrats once more Dunasy!

StillBumpingSeptMamas....Tyconcepts, Stadora, Niyyah, Cutiereborn, Jennifer89 et al......una sure say no be the effect of late packing be this? tongue
Wishing you guys a smooth and easy delivery + a healthy baby to show for it too. Keep holding on!

No be late packing ooo! Bags has been packed and kept by the door for over a month. LO just dey do shakara and baking seriously but am at ease wink EDD was slated for 27th but as at my last ANC on the 24th, my doc said the head isn't engaged yet (that its still balloting) so he recommended lots of walking around and kpekusing which has been engaging in faithfully wink...Doc also said if by Oct 1st I haven't pop LO out, I will undergo a "membrane strip off".

Am patient.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
comtem2011:
God has blessed me with a baby boy at Arne 12:45 am this morning. Even though I asked you people to pray for me and nobody offered a single word of prayer that I hv passed my edd without any sign. I still deem it fit to share my testimony. Though d devil rage but God of Living Faith took control and my baby is sharing the same birthday With Bishop Oyedepo as I ve prophesied from his conception not Knowing that God has stamped it.
Congrats ma, I rejoice with u. Please don't mind our silence, we pray for all expecting mums. Congrats once again.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
tyconcepts:

No be late packing ooo! Bags has been packed and kept by the door for over a month. LO just dey do shakara and baking seriously but am at ease wink EDD was slated for 27th but as at my last ANC on the 24th, my doc said the head isn't engaged yet (that its still balloting) so he recommended lots of walking around and kpekusing which has been engaging in faithfully wink...Doc also said if by Oct 1st I haven't pop LO out, I will undergo a "membrane strip off".

Am patient.

I trust you, Chief Kpekuser tongue, even when Dr no send you, you dey carry go steady....Dr no know say e dey recommend meat for lion ni? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
nwarosa:
Does this mean pregnant women should generally avoid pineapples? Logically to avoid activating unwanted or premature contraction. At least till one is ready

Yes, pls avoid it. It contains an active principle that causes intense contraction and may lead to miscarriage and premature labour. Also avoid unripe pawpaws.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
tatacherie:
Presently in d labour ward.having unbearable stomach ache since yestaday afternoon.very very painful.Dr just checked baby's heartbeat,its beating so loudly on d device.bp normal.running an MP test now.I'm suspecting allergy to d overripe avocado of yestaday i brought from d fridge.Dr didnt say anytin about it though.I've vomited severally, noting more to vomit now.

It is well with u and ur LO. Hope u feel better now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Tata darling, sorry.
Drink lots of fluid.
It can only end in praise.

Comtem2011, first and foremost, Congratulations on the birth of your LO, may this usher in many beautiful things in your family. Amen.
Secondly, just because we didnt say anything doesnt mean that we dont care. I just checked the post and guess what? I was one of the 2 ppl that 'liked' it. That was your first post on this thread and I must have been very busy to not have asked for membership money from you sef shocked. No vex you hear, we always pray for still bumping mamas all the time even when we dont mention all their names.
Please share your birth story kiss......and ehrrmmm you go still pay membership fee even as you don graduate o lipsrsealed tongue

Where is Proudmum11, the mother of my e-godchild.? I hope you are doing good?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
lovinam:
When u lie oon ur side, use a pillow to support your back. It makes it hard for u to flip over cos d pillow will be a stumbling block.
Thanks Ma,will try that ASAP

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
blessedtwins:
Tatacherie :doh .maybe the avocado was kind of getting spoilt hence the reaction .it's your stomach and intestines that are aching so baby is fine.U had an episode last week myself.tis well.try to increase your fluid intake to replace what you lost
Thanks teammie.I so much suspect d avocado.longerthroath nor go kil me.d tin was so big I refused to accept it was extra extra ripe/going bad.I've learnt my lesson now.God will have mercy on me.d pains nor b here o.hubby travelled since lst week,only me at home had to rush my self wey eye don enta back for pains.I tot they will administer sumtin dat can flush my bowels.for wer...Dr dey doubt say it cant be avocado.didnt tell dem twas going bad so all d nurses wont eat me raw.Dey saw malaria in d test so he prescribed Tabs Lonart and Augmentin.U see wahala wet I put myself.mtchewww! I'm a bit relieved

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Fabmummy:

Sorry! Take lots of fluid!
Thanks Ma.no fluid is settling down,am vomiting all.will continue trying.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
JustCurious:
God is with you and shall grant unto you your heart desires. Trust on, it shall end in praise in Jesus name. Amen
Amen! thanks Ma.I'm relieved in Jesus Name Amen.I'm just 24 weeks gone.was really scared

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
gtkay:

It is well with u and ur LO. Hope u feel better now.
Amen! Thanks a lot Ma'am.I'm getting better
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
zaynie:
Tata darling, sorry.
Drink lots of fluid.
It can only end in praise.
Thanks Ma'am.yes I will,n Amen to d prayer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joniboi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
comtem2011:
God has blessed me with a baby boy at Arne 12:45 am this morning. Even though I asked you people to pray for me and nobody offered a single word of prayer that I hv passed my edd without any sign. I still deem it fit to share my testimony. Though d devil rage but God of Living Faith took control and my baby is sharing the same birthday With Bishop Oyedepo as I ve prophesied from his conception not Knowing that God has stamped it.
Congrats to you ma'am. Am also an expectant dad. Your son also share the same birthday with me. 27th September rocks. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mbula(f): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
@zaynie thanx for taking out time to answer me.my dear I went to teaching hospital.infact the doc told me to come for elective cs and I bought d idea without a second thought.God used my aunties to change my mind wen I got home from the hospital.i have done extreme long distance walking and that is what has increased the abdomeninal pains I am feeling now.presently, it seems like LO head is on top of my rivate part bone.funny enough I and LO have no problem.all I want is to have him in my arms.i am more than anxious that is why I have decided to go for induction on 1st of oct.i can't wait again.i want to end the whole drama of expectation.i will start the pineapple therapy tomorrow.once again, thank you and God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
Niyyah:

Haa u pipu r making dis induction stf scary to me FAA,cus my Dr said I will b having one dis week,does baby's weight mata b4 having an induction?y we're you induced at 38weeks?how did u sns something was wrong during the induction process? Sorii for my questions please#worried n scared ftm#
No need to be scared. Yes induction is painful but then it's faster all things being equal. In my last preg i was induced at 37weeks. Induction started by 7am and i gave birth 10am. It was very painful mainly towards the end when they increased the drip to 64drops per min. After delivery i felt so strong and was walking up n down dat d nurses had to ask dat i remain on my bed till they say otherwise. I was later discharged dat same day. This was d opposite in my 1st where i suffered for long. Pls if u will b induced ask alot of questions from d beginning to the end. Drs are very positively cautious when dealing with women dat r knowledgeable and ask alot of questions. All the best

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wokeyim(f): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
soonest:

No need to be scared. Yes induction is painful but then it's faster all things being equal. In my last preg i was induced at 37weeks. Induction started by 7am and i gave birth 10am. It was very painful mainly towards the end when they increased the drip to 64drops per min. After delivery i felt so strong and was walking up n down dat d nurses had to ask dat i remain on my bed till they say otherwise. I was later discharged dat same day. This was d opposite in my 1st where i suffered for long. Pls if u will b induced ask alot of questions from d beginning to the end. Drs are very positively cautious when dealing with women dat r knowledgeable and ask alot of questions. All the best

What happened that you were induced as early as 37weeks? Just curious because I thought inducement is usually done when one has passed her EDD?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
comtem2011 God Almighty bless your lo, pele no vex as we no type our prayers. Congrats dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
soonest:

Thanks so much sis,rily appreciate kissbut y we're you induced at 37weeks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
please mama's in the house, can a woman operated of appendix be affected during delivery? if she was operated ten years ago will there be any effect? if any, is there any precautionary step one can take ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
tyconcepts:

Am patient.
may God make it easy for us all#ameen#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
pwettytemmy:
@zaynie ur story really inspired me to share my bs abt induction.
My EDD was 24 Aug but I decided to start my leave on the 10th of Aug. this is because I work in another town and I travel everyday even while I was pregnant. the distance is over an hour and the road is one of the worst road leading to a major town in this country. I still can't believe I went thru all dat while I was pregnant. I went for a long walk with Mil on the 11th and went for my ANC in the evening. the doc told me to come back in a weeks time after the normal discussions. when I got back home, the back pain i ecperienced was out of this world that i couldnt say my evening prayers even DH has to feed me and walk me to the bedroom that night. i woke up around 11:30 to wee and i saw this gush of hot liquid coming out like tap. I woke DH up and been a ftm we immediately went to the clinic with my baby things. the doctor checked me and told me that my water has broken and that I'm still closed. he said the contraction is very mild but I have to be admitted and monitored. I was admitted immediately and me and DH just they gist and watch film dey go. the baby's heart beat was tested at intervals and they still said I'm not contracting at all but baby is doing fine. in the morning, DH went to bring Mil and while he was away the doc came in while I was still watching my tv dey go. he said madam don't worry u won't even remember the tv in this room very soon. he beckon on d nurses to come in and they told me they av to pass a tablet into my Vijay. I said Oga pls let my hubby come back. he said madam this is abt you and the baby. they inserted the tablet ard 7am and the contractions begin catch me like menstrual pain. at around 11 they inserted another tab and told me they will be back by 3pm for another one and the last by 7pm. I begin do countdown but the pain wey I dey feel around 2pm was out of this world. the nurses said I'm not contracting at all judging by my Tommy. when i couldnt stand d pain DH went to the doc and he said if by 7pm there is no change they will av to do cs. My mummy Don turn Alfaress outside the hospital. At 3 pm I told this nurse i want to poo and they said I shouldn't go to the toilet. before u know it i don begin poo for the bed. the doc said he will check me for the last time before handing over to the next doc. upon checking me, he saw it dat I'm fully dilated and the head is almost coming out. I was wheeled to the delivery room and I pop out my Prince after 3 pushes at around 3:22pm.
Ever since I got pregnant my mum has turn to an Alfa because she knows I'm always very scared. even to take common vit c, na wahala. I will cry when taking injection during ANC self. so when she heard dat I'm in Labour she ran to the clinic and was praying in front of the Labour and delivery room. even when the nurses told her ive delivered she insisted on seeing me first. when the episiotomy was taking longer than necessar she was really scared and was shouting pls bring my daughter out. what happened to her? I thought you said she has given birth.
no one could believe dat I gave birth dat day cus my tommy was so small.
My bobo weighed 2.7 but if u see him now, even scale go dey fear him as him Don chop up and he is almost two months now.
so yea, induction is not bad at all.
Lol may God bless all modas,tanks for sharing,I pray mine wud b so easy o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Comtem2011 congrats on the birth of your son!

Sorry I didn't type a prayer for you to know that I'm praying, but the "like" I gave the post was my kinda prayer for you! and I'm happy you and lo is ok!

Sorry if we made you feel "leftout" by not typing a prayer you could read but then the two likes your post got should tell you that 2 people here acknowledged your presence kiss kiss

Anyways that still won't exempt you from paying your membership dues tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamadowell: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wishing all mama's happy sunday and supernaturaldelivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Tatacherie sorry dear God is in control and all will be well kiss

Excellence44 sabi mamas will answer you soon, but my take is after ten years I doubt there's any risk.

September mamas how far nah? Na 3 days remain o! Almighty God will see you all through!

October mamas (including me) hope Una dey ready?

November mamas (including me again) grin oya get set o! If you never start shopping better do so now o time is ticking away!!!! cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
tatacherie:
Presently in d labour ward.having unbearable stomach ache since yestaday afternoon.very very painful.Dr just checked baby's heartbeat,its beating so loudly on d device.bp normal.running an MP test now.I'm suspecting allergy to d overripe avocado of yestaday i brought from d fridge.Dr didnt say anytin about it though.I've vomited severally, noting more to vomit now.
Pele dearie. Since ure in d hospital, dey'l sure know woh 2 do

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
zaynie:

I trust you, Chief Kpekuser tongue, even when Dr no send you, you dey carry go steady....Dr no know say e dey recommend meat for lion ni? grin

Lolz @ Zaynie

Am just law abiding like you are dearie....If I don't obey the clarion call, who will?? wink

@ Sabi mamas...Can someone plz explain in a lame man's language what "Membrane Strip Off" means??

cc ; nurse kaffy4bill

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
tyconcepts:

Lolz @ Zaynie

Am just law abiding like you are dearie....If I don't obey the clarion call, who will?? wink

@ Sabi mamas...Can someone plz explain in a lame man's language what "Membrane Strip Off" means??

cc ; nurse kaffy4bill

Membrane sweep abi strip off. I think say na sweep dey hear o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divinemandate: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
gd pm my seniors nd juniors in d house. honestly each time u dnt log for few days u will hv a lot of pages to read. it is well .
@Dezou choi, I mised ur oyibo pix. congrats once again.
@ shiller nd @ dunasy congrat , what an inspiring bs, especially d I wnt to poo poo part.
@ viviparity yesoo frm ttc, wow so happy for u dear. may ur princess bring more joy to u nd dh.
@comtem2011 congrats on d arrival of ur prince.
@ tetacherie it is well wt. u will cm out stronger u hear.
@all september mama still pushing I wish u safe nd smooth delivery.
shout out to all mamas #teamapril#

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Virtuouswife:

Membrane sweep abi strip off. I think say na sweep dey hear o

Doc say na strip off o!

Explain your own for me abeg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Congratulations viviparity and comtem2011 on d birth of ur Los, God kip and bless dem.
Zaynie Zaynie..... Ginger ur swagger. I look 4wrd 2 ur birthstory like how we dey look 4wrd 2 superstory Dat yr grin.
I greet errbody o, welcome new mothers.

As Oct dey approach, na hibernation mood get me o.... Ozycy, u don check bags? shocked I think say na last week u suppose check.
Chinwendym dey ur team o or denounce ur team and join Oct. Nodey do ojoro biko tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
tyconcepts:

Doc say na strip off o!

Explain your own for me abeg.
I know say dem dey do am 2 ginger Labour. It has 2 do with inserting finger Sha. Infact wait make sabi mamas come explain make I no lead u astray cheesy or better still check google wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (6963) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.