Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,893 members, 7,889,952 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:34 AM

We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency (9077 Views)

Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria / Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers / Buhari Was Not Arrested: The True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:06am On Mar 09, 2012
A statement signed by the Special Adviser (Media & Publicity) to the President, Reuben Abati has confirmed the arrest of the killers of kidnapped British and Italian nationals, who were killed in Sokoto state.

The duo were killed during the rescue operation by British and Nigerian forces to free them.

The presidency made this known whilst commending the cooperation and understanding of the British and Italian governments and gave the assurance that the perpetrators will be made to face the law.

“The perpetrators of the murderous act, who have all been arrested, would be made to face the full wrath of the law” the statement read.

The statement signed by Mr Abati, on the behalf of the president “condemned the killing of the two foreigners by theirs captors before they could be rescued by a joint security raid on the kidnappers’ hideout.”

A joint military operation by the British and Nigerian military was ordered on Thursday by the British Prime Minister with the consent of the Nigerian government to rescue the two foreigners who have being held captive since May 2011.

But the operation was unsuccessful with the killing of the two foreign nationals by their captors during the rescue operation.

Describing their death as “sad, unfortunate and regrettable”, the President extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of the bereaved and the people and government of Britain and Italy.

The President also assured that the Nigerian government would take every necessary step to protect the lives of foreigners in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/08/we-have-arrested-the-killers-of-foreign-hostages-in-kebbi-presidency/
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 09, 2012
That was fast.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:06am On Mar 09, 2012
I just wish they could give me 24 hrs with those murderous scum angry. I'll make them confess and own up to all the sins of man from Genesis to Revelation, and then send them off to meet lucifer in hell.

Life means absolutley nothing to these animals, and they haven't a clue what they're fighting for. If they want sharia, shouldn't the first thing be to fight for seperation from Nigeria, since Nigeria as presently constituted is a secular Christian/Moslem dominated country? Oh!! I forgot------- they don't want to be on their own 'cos they'll starve to death: abi na Koran dem go chop for New Bokoland undecided undecided?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by okosodo: 6:35am On Mar 09, 2012
Let britain prosecute them. Nigeria has shown that it is a terrorist supporting nation
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by DuduNegro: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2012
rotflmao. . . . hold on, let me get this right, . . intelligence could not locate and rescue the hostages since May last year, 10months ago! . . . but overnight, after the rescue failed, intelligence is now able to track and locate the criminals. wow!! shocked
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Osiris212(f): 6:58am On Mar 09, 2012
Get off my brain! I was typing thesame thing before you posted this. Anywayz, Abati's words should never be taking with any pinch of salt. Those guys know how twist and make-up things. Heck! Stup!d Jonathan once said he knows the terrorist that bombed eagle square.

Jonathan Goatluck is a joke!

Dudu_Negro:

rotflmao. . . . hold on, let me get this right, . . intelligence could not locate and rescue the hostages since May last year, 10months ago! . . . but overnight, after the rescue failed, intelligence is now able to track and locate the criminals. wow!! shocked
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

That was fast.
Medicine after death.
Why don't we like to take proactive steps rather than reactionary.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by stormm: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2012
@ OP,

Is that rocket science or requires extra effort? Sure some of the kidnappers will be killed, others will be arrested. Simple deductions
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by stormm: 7:19am On Mar 09, 2012
More is the rescue effort was bungled and victims died.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by werepeLeri: 7:39am On Mar 09, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

rotflmao. . . . hold on, let me get this right,  . .  intelligence could not locate and rescue the hostages since May last year, 10months ago!   . . . but overnight, after the rescue failed, intelligence is now able to track and locate the criminals.  wow!! shocked

How do you read? The men were killed during the rescue operation which also led to the arrest of their abductors. Whats hard to comprehend there? The abductors were arrested during the operation.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by moHot(f): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2012
why don't i believe this?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by werepeLeri: 7:42am On Mar 09, 2012
Osiris.212:

Get off my brain! I was typing thesame thing before you posted this. Anywayz, Abati's words  should never be taking with any pinch of salt. Those guys know how twist and make-up things. Heck! Stup!d Jonathan once said he knows the terrorist that bombed eagle square.

Jonathan Goatluck is a joke!

LOL. Who is a joke? The one who cant deduce simple logic.

Are all these necessary?

Is it hard to deduce that the abductors were arrested during the same failed rescue operation? The operation failed because the abductors killed the two men before the rescue team could get to them!

Who is daft here?

People talk like they are being asked to believe the story or not to beleive.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by NaMe4: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Sincerely, I was thinking the same thing.
I just dey look this administration.

So what of boko haram that has been destroying lives for the past 2 years? This same intelligence and activity has not been able to identify or arrest even a single sponsor!

I no dey believe them again!
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by NaMe4: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2012
okosodo:

Let britain prosecute them. Nigeria has shown that it is a terrorist supporting nation

Unfortunately, it's not too far from the truth! Before our vp (mr. run-to-the-rescue) and co go find way release them.

They fit give them 3 years each sha!
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by maclatunji: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

A statement signed by the Special Adviser (Media & Publicity) to the President, Reuben Abati has confirmed the arrest of the killers of kidnapped British and Italian nationals, who were killed in Sokoto state.

The duo were killed during the rescue operation by British and Nigerian forces to free them.

The presidency made this known whilst commending the cooperation and understanding of the British and Italian governments and gave the assurance that the perpetrators will be made to face the law.

“The perpetrators of the murderous act, who have all been arrested, would be made to face the full wrath of the law” the statement read.

The statement signed by Mr Abati, on the behalf of the president “condemned the killing of the two foreigners by theirs captors before they could be rescued by a joint security raid on the kidnappers’ hideout.”

A joint military operation by the British and Nigerian military was ordered on Thursday by the British Prime Minister with the consent of the Nigerian government to rescue the two foreigners who have being held captive since May 2011.

But the operation was unsuccessful with the killing of the two foreign nationals by their captors during the rescue operation.

Describing their death as “sad, unfortunate and regrettable”, the President extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of the bereaved and the people and government of Britain and Italy.

The President also assured that the Nigerian government would take every necessary step to protect the lives of foreigners in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/08/we-have-arrested-the-killers-of-foreign-hostages-in-kebbi-presidency/

Is the bolded from the Channels reporter or from Dr. Rueben Abati? It makes it seem as if the British Prime Minister is some superior authority controlling affairs in Nigeria. Even if my assertion is true, can they not make it a hidden issue instead of making it so obvious?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Bawss1(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Unfortunately the wrath of the law in this country isn't enough to deter future crimes of this nature.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by onyxo76(m): 9:28am On Mar 09, 2012
na lie jare, arrest who.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by globalaid(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2012
why is it hard for me to believe this story, i hope those arrested are not the innocent that were just picked somewhere
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by faithin9ja: 9:36am On Mar 09, 2012
apparently the information for the whereabouts of the hostages came from a captured Boko Haram leader, captured in the North East of Nigeria.

A few things come to mind here;

1. Can holier-than thou Britain confirm that the information they used to try and rescue their citizen was not obtained by 'torture', most of us Nigerians know what it means to be interrogated by our security forces.

2. Boko Haram is getting very entrenched, to be able to keep two oyibo people hidden in Sokoto for almost a year with nobody leaking any information, shows either a high level of organisation or complicity by local people.

3. what will now happen to those captured during the rescue attempt?

4. who owns the house in Sokoto where the hostages were found?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2012
I am simply amazed that the Security Agencies are able to actually catch Boko murderers with such speed and purpose - clap 4 ya selves. If only they performed like this before the rescue attempt was made - it would have been a brilliant. Okay, now that we know that our SSS are not sleeping, let them start arresting Boko members before they start something in Lagos shocked
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2012
Britain and Italy are now rowing over the mission. I'd like to see a report on how the mission went. I think Nigerian forces only provided security while the British commandos attempted the rescue.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by kufreabasi(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2012
How true is this information? I can't believe this. They must have captured innocent peoples thinking they are the one. My ears are still open for the arrest.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Coefficient(m): 10:14am On Mar 09, 2012
Politricks, smh
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by Yinkay: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2012
A pity, special operations do fails atimes but its good those BH guys are caught. The British SAS team may have find the terrain unfamiliar due lack of time for adequate planning,post operation debriefing will reveal what went wrong. It is better they started getting familiar with our environment now.This failed ops will be a stain on the SAS,may be that is why they are not identified directly as the British team.

http://www.sasspecialairservice.com/index.html
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by otokx(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2012
Thought they earlier said that the kidnappers were killed.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by ifihearam: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2012
How do you read? The men were killed during the rescue operation which also led to the arrest of their abductors. Whats hard to comprehend there? The abductors were arrested during the operation

Na u be even daft sef!!the simple question is for the past nine months so the nigerian security noe get any clue as to where the kidnappers dey since abi?why is it until the intervention of the british government before a rescue attempt was made?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by omenziate(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2012
Mumbo jumbo shite. Who unna catch? Abu Qaqa for d 300th time abi?
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by ayodeji1(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2012
Nigeria.its like a chinese movie with no english subtitle.the more u look,d less u see.the more u read,d less u understand.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by werepeLeri: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2012
lol.

If this statement were made by David Cameron, see how the same goons here will be praising oyinbo - Chei.
Re: We Have Arrested The Killers Of Foreign Hostages In Kebbi-presidency by IdiAmin2(m): 11:01am On Mar 09, 2012
of course!
That was fast!
Of course arrests are made quickly when it's an inside job.
Just like 9/11, 12 hours after the planes hit, the pictures of the all the 'terrorists' were on TV and news media. All you mugus thinking eating up stories on BBC and western controlled media. This is no resue operation. This british guy is MI6, and they went in to finish him off as he may have very sensitive information. The names, pictures and details have all been prepared for the simple-minded before the operation to go kill this dude.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Finally Speaks On Leaving PDP For APC / Soludo: Leaders Should Excel In Private Endeavours Before Venturing In Politics / Wike: I Have Fulfilled My Promises To Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.