Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:14 PM

Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain (1820 Views)

Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos / FCT To Demolish 100,435 Buildings / Construction Work In Progress,two Detached Buildings On A Plot@journalist Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by mukina2: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
The Oyo state government has declared that it will commence the demolition of all structures on flood plains or drainages in the state in a matter of days.

This was made known by the Commissioner for Physical planning & urban development, Ms. Kafayat Adeojo who called on all the residents in affected areas to evacuate immediately as demolition will commence within a week.

The government’s call is coming as the rainy season is about to commence for the year, and people living in flood prone areas city have also called on the state government to come to their aid by dredging affected rivers urgently.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/12/oyo-to-demolish-buildings-on-flood-plains/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by fransois2(m): 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
Good move but any compensation for landlords/landladies? I think there should be some forms of compensation...
Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by seunlayi(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
fransois_1: Good move but any compensation for landlords/landladies? I think there should be some forms of compensation...
let me add my voice to this, i hop they will be compensated.

1 Like

Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by tpia5: 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
wahala dey oh.

people werent happy when this was done in lagos.
Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by Timmyspaco(m): 11:45pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think its d best,2 avoid further prblems
Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by SummerT(m): 7:45am On Mar 13, 2012
What a good move! Bt i wish they could compensate all the affected owners of the marked houses.
Re: Oyo To Demolish Buildings On Flood Plain by shagaman: 9:22am On Mar 13, 2012
People know its very dangerous to build along the canal,we all know the dangers involved, The govt also has its measurement of houses to be built either to the road or to the canal,Nigerians are the cause of their problems,we would not stop dumping refuse in this drains and also building on the path of this canals,then when issues rises we blame the govt....Oyo state govt has been talking since let the demolition begin,Those with genuine C of O should be compensated....Those without then its going to be tough

(1) (Reply)

TO LET: New 2 Bedroom Flat @ Abraham Adesanya Estate, Ajah / To Let: 1-room Self-contained, Lugbe, Abuja / 2 Bedroom bungalow To Let In Thomas Estate Ajah. Lovely! Rent Is 400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.