Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (92936 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 4:56pm On May 18, 2012
It is complaing an error occurred tried again latter
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:02pm On May 18, 2012
dan_dollar: That's cool!please u go assist me on sideloading when I get my playbook back.
sure boss, it'll be my pleasure wink
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:05pm On May 18, 2012
benzion72: It is complaing an error occurred tried again latter
Hi Benz, which method did you try? Could you please elaborate where you got the error message and how so we can help
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 7:57pm On May 18, 2012
Tried to use the second option. Run the desktop manager attached the playbook press the off and on botton. it took me to update and after some minutes it say downloading update after one minute it say encounter some error and stop
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:16pm On May 18, 2012
You can try it again. Better still try the first option its easier and better.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 6:00am On May 19, 2012
I am happy to see a lot of people with playbook. I also use a playbook. So lets share some new ideas like how to install android apps on the playbook. Thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:18am On May 19, 2012
PlayBook in Nigeria on 3g is super - duper Fast!!!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by walcolm(m): 6:20pm On May 19, 2012
Lexusgs430: PlayBook in Nigeria on 3g is super - duper Fast!!!!!

its ok but i have not really enjoyed the OS2 the way i enjoyed browsing on OS1. the bridge browser on OS1 was much better but its missing on OS2
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 6:56pm On May 19, 2012
Lexusgs430: PlayBook in Nigeria on 3g is super - duper Fast!!!!!
You can say that again,bro.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 7:38pm On May 19, 2012
walcolm:

its ok but i have not really enjoyed the OS2 the way i enjoyed browsing on OS1. the bridge browser on OS1 was much better but its missing on OS2
really? I didn't meet Os 1. From feelings on forums,the general consensus is that browsing via bridge on os2 is better
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by LizyL: 12:15am On May 20, 2012
Hey guys, I've finally decided to go ahead and get the playbook.. But does it take a sim card? And if so how much is the bundle with MTN Nigeria. Is it the same BIS plan on the gsm ?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 12:33am On May 20, 2012
LizyL: Hey guys, I've finally decided to go ahead and get the playbook.. But does it take a sim card? And if so how much is the bundle with MTN Nigeria. Is it the same BIS plan on the gsm ?

Congratulations in advance for the thought. It does not take a sim card, it is plainly a tablet. You do not need a bundle to use a playbook, if you already have a blackberry phone,the playbook is a mere extension of your blackberry phone + much much much much more. Because the playbook is also wifi enabled, if you have a wifi connection or any hotspot, would gladly welcome your playbook. You must have got my drift now? I hope!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by LizyL: 12:42am On May 20, 2012
@Lexus yeah I got you now.. But what if there's no wifi hotspot.. There's no other way you can browse with it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 4:44am On May 20, 2012
Guys, can some one teach us how to sideload apps on the bb playbook please. Thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:30am On May 20, 2012
LizyL: @Lexus yeah I got you now.. But what if there's no wifi hotspot.. There's no other way you can browse with it.

You did not tell me if you presently used a blackberry phone, but i will offer a general scenario, which should help guide your buying process.
If you presently own a blackberry phone, you can very easily connect your phone to your playbook via a free application in the app store, called blackberry bridge enabled via Bluetooth
If you do not own a blackberry phone, you can tether your playbook to phone also via Bluetooth.
I hope I have managed to answer your concerns.
NB: Make sure your playbook is updated to OS2. Updates on the playbook can only done via wifi.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:38am On May 20, 2012
mikoa: Guys, can some one teach us how to sideload apps on the bb playbook please. Thanks

Direct your question to TCD, he has a few post on this thread, track him down he is a king sideloader!!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:58am On May 20, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Direct your question to TCD, he has a few post on this thread, track him down he is a king sideloader!!!!
lol, king sideloaded index, funny guy
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:05am On May 20, 2012
LizyL: Hey guys, I've finally decided to go ahead and get the playbook.. But does it take a sim card? And if so how much is the bundle with MTN Nigeria. Is it the same BIS plan on the gsm ?
Chief Lexusgs430 has answered you, so the ball is now in your court. You better Have a 3/Get blackberry phone too else you won't enjoy this tablet without wifi in naija
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:07am On May 20, 2012
mikoa: Guys, can some one teach us how to sideload apps on the bb playbook please. Thanks
Saw your request earlier, don't worry, I'll get right on it. Stay tuned
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:16am On May 20, 2012
TCD: lol, king sideloaded index, funny guy

King TCD, abi I lie? grin
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:20am On May 20, 2012
TCD: Chief Lexusgs430 has answered you, so the ball is now in your court. You better Have a 3/Get blackberry phone too else you won't enjoy this tablet without wifi in naija

I have just seen LizyL other post, and the assuming she is a lady, she presently owns a 9800 and is considering an upgrade to 9900. So 3G is on board!!! cheesy
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by LizyL: 8:12am On May 20, 2012
@Lexus yes, I own a torch ( which I hate so much) cheesy , but I'm upgrading soon.. So with a blackberry phone I can connect it to the playbook and browse from it?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On May 20, 2012
LizyL: @Lexus yes, I own a torch ( which I hate so much) cheesy , but I'm upgrading soon.. So with a blackberry phone I can connect it to the playbook and browse from it?

1000 % As I previously stated, look @ the playbook has an extension of your torch 1, or soon to be bold 5 or 6!!! cheesy
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On May 20, 2012
King TCD, when I dash you title you dey complain, now who is the daddy but TCD?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On May 20, 2012
This is one of the main reasons I love Nairaland, people given information and genuine advice for free. Kudos to all.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:19am On May 20, 2012
Shots are so large,

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:24am On May 20, 2012
Lexusgs430: King TCD, when I dash you title you dey complain, now who is the daddy but TCD?
Lexusgs430: King TCD, when I dash you title you dey complain, now who is the daddy but TCD?
lol. grin YOU are the daddy wink

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:31am On May 20, 2012
After installation,the app icon appears on your PB and you're done!

If anything isn't clear, ask and I'll clarify smiley.

I typed the whole tutorial on as a word document on my pb before pasting it here, so I've attached the file, anyone can download and read offline.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On May 20, 2012
Now to all the haters that say the playbook is crap, a lesson for you all by King TCD The Daddy!!!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 20, 2012
Good day ppl,I'm thinking of getting a playbook 16gb...I've seen and felt it buh there was no internet connection 2 test the speed...is it a good choice 2 make?my other choice is a galaxy tab buh I don't feel samsung products..and I would love 2 have all my devices from one particular manufacturer...should I go for the playbook? Pls TCD and lexus kindly drop ur pins for me so I'll have help @ my finger tips..thanks yall
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:26pm On May 20, 2012
Mrkuvuki: Good day ppl,I'm thinking of getting a playbook 16gb...I've seen and felt it buh there was no internet connection 2 test the speed...is it a good choice 2 make?my other choice is a galaxy tab buh I don't feel samsung products..and I would love 2 have all my devices from one particular manufacturer...should I go for the playbook? Pls TCD and lexus kindly drop ur pins for me so I'll have help @ my finger tips..thanks yall
Hello, everyone has peculiar needs, so don't want to advice you on which to go for based on my own personal views. But choosing between a playbook and galaxy tab, you'll have to first define what you need a tablet for. Do you want to just read docs, surf or just play games? Or are you into movies etc surf like that.

For me, I see no much major difference between the playbook and the galaxy tab. Except the galaxy tab can accept a sim card and you can make calls ( i personally find it ridiculous to make calls with a 7" device). The playbook doesn't accept sim card and you can access the Web by bridging it with your blackberry using bluetooth. It's advantageous coz you don't have to pay for extra data plan like you would do if you own a galaxy tab rather you're using the same BIS for your phone and tablet Like me now on MTN unlimited I stream you tube Videos, watch movies online,download HD tv series , I even watched yesterday's champs league finals via a Web stream with my PB bridged to my bb phone. I'm already contemplating not subscribing for DSTV next month sef coz I no need am again grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.