Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,271 members, 7,932,156 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:44 PM

Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter (8717 Views)

Super Woman: Housewife Disarms Robbers With Hot Water / Couple Killed By Robbers Shortly After Landing Nigeria For Holiday / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2012
Please, what are the steps to take when men of the underworld write that they will soon visit? They wrote a letter in front of the gate behind our house that they will visit our street soonest. I am just scared. Please advise.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Juton: 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
Na wah ooh, u can start akawo for them so that u will have something to give or u think of relocating. If u go to naija police,( ur guess is as good as mine) but all the same pray over it dat God should put confusion in their midst. I hve u in my prayers.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by maclatunji: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
Where is your home located? Busy city street? Secluded 'new site' or something like that? How effective is the Residents' Association or Community Development Association (CDA)? How effective is the police in your area (you might be surprised to know that certain police stations/officers are actually effective).

There are so many questions you have to answer. However, there are some basic tips that I think might be helpful.

1. Anonymously tip-off the Lagos State Police Command (Telephone Numbers are 01-4962157, 01- 4960200) Website is http://www.npf.gov.ng/

2. Ensure that your gates and doors are in good order and can prevent any unwanted guests from barging-in with ease. Anybody trying to break-in should find it difficult.

3. For the time being, change your driving-in-and-out of the house patterns if you own cars.

4. You know your neighbours, take positive steps to improve community security with the progressive ones and ignore the retrogressive ones.

5. In case a robbery does occur, have some tangibles arranged in a place that can be easily accessed by you or the robbers (they are likely to want to get-in-and-out of your home within the shortest period of time) #Unfortunatebuttrue

6. Find safer places to keep things you cannot afford to lose, banks for jewellery and cash etc.

7. Try to be calm in the event of any eventuality, if your house has been invaded, you need to obey your captor's orders, negotiate as calmly as possible if need be but NEVER be confrontational.

8. If the area you live in is highly insecure, seek and find a more secure environment.

9. Be calm and rational in your response to this obvious and unfortunate threat.

10. I assume that your husband will lead the way in implementing most of these tips, if he fails you may take charge of some of them but it is better that he is convinced to do them. Tell him not to try to be a hero though, you cannot match the ruthlessness of a hardened criminal no matter how brave you think you are.

7 Likes

Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2012
Thanks, maclatunji. Your piece was quite instructive.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by maclatunji: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
^Ye are welcome!
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by loveheaven(f): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
@op please pray seriously about it. You need God more than ever now, I remember when I was a teenager, they posted letters on all the houses on my street signed with blood. They came over 50 I heard, shared themselves into groups, no lNepa light on that day, they went from house to house, starting from the beginning of the street, at a point a gun battle ensued and one of them was shot in the chest by a neighbour living on the street, he had 3 overgrown daughters looking 25 instead of 13-17, he wasted all his bullets except for the last one which he reservered for the first person that comes into his house. He was shot in the arm and disarmed too and his gun confiscated too. Although they praised him, they had drinks and eat at his house and left him but told never to try that again. I think they wanted to shock everyone one on the street that day, their plans worked and everyone else who had guns didn't bother blowing their trumphets again. From their statments they knew who had and who didn't. and when it got to our turn, they were just leaving a lawyer's house to our own and from our house we could hear them conversing. " one said, Skippo time don reach wey these policemen give us. Make we begin go if not naim be say na we no keep our side of the bargain oh, and other said make we enter this one, before we vamouse, they started banging on our gate, then we heard sirens in the distance and they started running." all the while these was going on my mum was on her knees praying while my Dad was busy prancing around looking at places to hid the girls. They dumped that guy that was shot on the road and left him there to die.

I also had a recent experience, early last year and it is not something, I would wish my worst enemy. Pray, for there is nothing above God.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by maclatunji: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
Communities need to be more pro-active. These guys mingle with the community and have their members living in the neighbourhoods they attack. Without informants, they won't have the audacity to write letters to the community.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
Best post ever from LOVEHEAVEN. I was expecting people to mention God first before anything else. I am Mobile now and on my way to work, I will post some stories later.

There is nothing above GOD. I am a living witness
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 16, 2012
I was coming home from my German classes and saw two men walk past me and have me the "look", the look. I just hissed at them and walked into my fathers house. Mind you, I did not lock the front door. Less than 15 mins later my dad's phone rang and it was our neighbour asking my dad to come over and knock their door down because they were locked up in a room. My old man got there and managed to get the door open. They can out and told my dad they were rubbed and his wife's good which she bought from mecca was stolen as well. My mum and I went there and they were describing the men that rubbed them and the descriptions matches those of the two men I hissed at for staring at me like I was some statue. I told my patents when we got into the house and my mum went down on her knees and was thanking God for protecting me and this happened because everyday my mum would pray for all her kids both those present and not present before we stepped out of the house.

Another one happened when all the estates including the one we lived in got a letter from these men to prepare cos they were goin to visit. My mum who happens to be the women's prayer leader called all the women and told them to meet up at the "club house"( entertainment house) for prayers. Every night at 19pm they will go up there and pray for one hour asking God to divert these people's minds. For 2 weeks they continued doing these and believe me when I tell you that these men visited every estate except ours. I remember some women packing their bags and moved to another location because of these letters, but God in his infinite mercies heard the cry of these women and protected us all.

THere is nothing God cannot do, go to God in prayers and let him do the rest. He isn't called a "master planner" for nothing
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 16, 2012
Pardon my grammatical errors. I am mobile
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2012
One just have to keep praying. This world is full of troubles and it is bad to know that the police can't help. The landlord's asssociation, my husband inclusive met last night. They are looking at the option of getting security guards.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by maclatunji: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2012
For sure prayer is important (I was going to mention it at the end of my first post but I forgot). However, God does not expect you to only pray for things you have the capacity to confront yourself. 'God helps those who help themselves' is very true talk.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 10:03am On Mar 16, 2012
maclatunji: For sure prayer is important (I was going to mention it at the end of my first post but I forgot). However, God does not expect you to only pray for things you have the capacity to confront yourself. 'God helps those who help themselves' is very true talk.
My brother, na true o. What i fear most is rape . The last time they came, i was told they raped two sisters(twin). That will not be my portion in Jesus name. I pray they do not come at all but like u said, heaven helps those who help themselves. We are taking good measures. Thanks again, sir
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by loveheaven(f): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2012
Thanks jennykadry.

@op taking security guards is a good idea but don't rely on them. Put your trust in God, totally. Questions you should ask yourself is if the arm men come will these security agents be ready to lay down their lives? Are you using police or soldiers,if so preferable. Don't use those ones that use diabolical means, it would fail them. I hear these arm men pray to their god before undertaking any task and are most times successful if they do not meet a higher force, which we all know comes from the Almighty God.

PRAY, PRAY and PRAY!!!
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2012
If i were u, i do go on six months relocation, u can never hv peace of mind staying in that street no matter if the police is informed or not, prevention is better than cure
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2012
We have good security doors at home. What if they come and we fail to open the doors for them? Is that a good Idea?

1 Like

Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by olawalebabs(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2012
Aside all the above, Try to keep a reasonable amount to buy off your safety in case they show face.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2012
odiaero: If i were u, i do go on six months relocation, u can never hv peace of mind staying in that street no matter if the police is informed or not, prevention is better than cure
But relocating isn't that easy. I am even afraid of returning home for the weekend. My husband is only trying to be courageous but fear is written all over me. Imagine, part of the letter says each house should set aside 200k for them. Sound ridiculous..
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by NADO212: 11:57am On Mar 16, 2012
PLS GUYS GOD NO DEY FOR THIS ONE ABEG
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2012
NADO212: PLS GUYS GOD NO DEY FOR THIS ONE ABEG
how do you mean?
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
NADO212: PLS GUYS GOD NO DEY FOR THIS ONE ABEG
how do you mean?
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by member479760: 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
OP, give me the job, any robber that step in will not step out alive. it happen somewhere and i did it and i'm ready to do it again. Iba awon iya mi oshoronga.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by maxtum(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
lol! laugh wan kill me ooo!

@ op just arrange there offering for one place!! lol.

its funny, but come to think of it, in a country where Armed robbers would make know there visit!! and yet we say we have security!!!!

God help us all!! Amen.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
Just be prepared for them by making available small money which they will take.You wont want to relocated from your personal house na.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
nakedall: OP, give me the job, any robber that step in will not step out alive. it happen somewhere and i did it and i'm ready to do it again. Iba awon iya mi oshoronga.
I am sure you know this is not a laughing matter.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by ndidibabe(f): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Just be prepared for them by making available small money which they will take.You wont want to relocated from your personal house na.
Bro, that is the reality o. After a man has struggle to biuld his own house, thieves will now allow him to enjoy it. I pity my husband a lot. He keeps saying it was a mistake building a house in Alagbole that he should have remained a tenant in his Ogba house and invest his money. Some parts of Lagos are quite notorious for robbery.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by freecocoa(f): 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ah armed robber people still dey write letters these days?I thought everything is now technologised,anyways pray and then arrange something keep for them just incase.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Vansnickers: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
Wow, so Robbers still do this??!!
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by stagger: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
You need to relocate out of the street for at least 2 months.
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by xynerise: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
They cant try this in every area. Well, God is our protector. Just believe he is present
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
ndidibabe: But relocating isn't that easy. I am even afraid of returning home for the weekend. My husband is only trying to be courageous but fear is written all over me. Imagine, part of the letter says each house should set aside 200k for them. Sound ridiculous..

The relocation i mean is find a family friend place u can stay for the time being, after six months if nothing happen, then u can come back
Re: Robbers Plan To Visit Our Street: Wrote A Letter by mykejones(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
On a lighter mode..jus prepare food for dem,follow dem gist if dey show. Ask dem say how biz dey go,advice dem,and if dia head come down..make una even share the loot. Prepare mat for dem for sitting room,wen dem chop finish,make dem crash. In d mornin,excort dem reach police station...lol.
I reject it IN JESUS name!
Jus stay alart and b on 'guard'@all times!
Gudluck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Home Training: Does It Still Exist? / Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? / Help! His Wife Is Tormenting Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.