Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! (883 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Dear Nollywood: On The Matter Of Your Plot Devices..... / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! by Agstar(f): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2012
Many might not know the Benue state born film producer, Olivia Adom, but this visionary is clearly defining a path which has been undermined for a very long time, “children on the set of make belief (film)”. Her passion to see children and teenagers clinching and interpreting roles meant for kids in Nigerian movies spurs her on. We are aware that the use of Akin (Chinedu Ikedieze) and Paw Paw (Osita Iheme), little men in Children’s skin, saddled with the responsibility of playing both kiddies and matured roles, highly influences the way children perceive people and the society.

Olivia seeks to bring children “in the real sense of the word” to interpret roles meant for them. Her platform Kiddet Playhouse serves as an avenue where their talents can be effectively harnessed. She is also bent on providing a friendly movie for kids that would train and mentor them in the process. She obtained a certificate empowering her to be a ‘child acting coach’ from Michael Bean studios in Canada.The movie in "Sammie's Boot" will have 70% of the cast as kids... read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2012/03/15/in-sammies-boot-seeks-to-be-the-first-childrens-movie-in-nollywood-on-celluloid/
Re: In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! by VillageBoi(m): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Agstar: Many might not know the Benue state born film producer, Olivia Adom, but this visionary is clearly defining a path which has been undermined for a very long time, “children on the set of make belief (film)”. Her passion to see children and teenagers clinching and interpreting roles meant for kids in Nigerian movies spurs her on. We are aware that the use of Akin (Chinedu Ikedieze) and Paw Paw (Osita Iheme), little men in Children’s skin, saddled with the responsibility of playing both kiddies and matured roles, highly influences the way children perceive people and the society.

Olivia seeks to bring children “in the real sense of the word” to interpret roles meant for them. Her platform Kiddet Playhouse serves as an avenue where their talents can be effectively harnessed. She is also bent on providing a friendly movie for kids that would train and mentor them in the process. She obtained a certificate empowering her to be a ‘child acting coach’ from Michael Bean studios in Canada.The movie in "Sammie's Boot" will have 70% of the cast as kids... read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2012/03/15/in-sammies-boot-seeks-to-be-the-first-childrens-movie-in-nollywood-on-celluloid/

It is interesting and good; I did read it on WordPress. The only problem I have with the article is something we Nigerians are fond of doing - we sometimes say things we do not understand 'at all'; trying to sound knowledgeable and get it quite wrong. Anyway I left a comment on WordPress.
Re: In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 18, 2012
VillageBoi:

It is interesting and good; I did read it on WordPress. The only problem I have with the article is something we Nigerians are fond of doing - we sometimes say things we do not understand 'at all'; trying to sound knowledgeable and get it quite wrong. Anyway I left a comment on WordPress.
i just checked ur comment on wordpress, what do u meant by saying the writer is tryin to act wise when she mentioned a amt of d budget?
Re: In Sammie's Boot Seeks To Be The First Children's Movie In Nollywood On Celluloid! by VillageBoi(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
honeypie311: i just checked ur comment on wordpress, what do u meant by saying the writer is tryin to act wise when she mentioned a amt of d budget?

Sorry but not sure you understood my comment which has absolutely nothing to do with any budget! What my comment says is translated as "The writer is an idiot because nowhere in the world does shooting a film on celluloid (of which there are different types not just 35mm) make the film 'Cinema standard' (whatever the writer even means by that.)
So dumb people should really stop trying to sound 'techie' when they don't know what they are talking about!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Gotv? / The Flash And Arrow Fan Club (you Have Failed This City) / Jane The Virgin Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.