Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,510 members, 7,947,999 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

Salvation Is A Gift - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is A Gift (493 Views)

Is It True Our Salvation Is Really A Free Gift? No Strings? / Salvation Is Simply Joinning Christianity If You Were A Muslim Or Atheist / Salvation Is Of The Jews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Is A Gift by marcopollo(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2012
In the beginning, man was created in God's own image and man was to live forever with God in fellowship. But when Adam sinned, Judgment came upon all of us to hell fire (condemnation). This was when we, all born of a man and a woman, inevitably missed heaven and needed salvation. Adam's one sin brought the penalty of death to many:
'The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death (hell fire) to be king overall, .... Rom 5:17a TLB.
'Yes, Adam's sin brought punishment to all .... Rom 5:18a TLB.
'Everyone dies because all of us are related to Adam. Being members of his sinful race and wherever there is sin, death results ... 1 Cor 15:22a' TLB.
Why Was Everyone Of Us Going To Hell?
'Because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' Rom 3:23. And then,
'The wages of sin is death... Rom 6:23a. We see now that everyone was going to hell fire not because of their own actions or evil deeds but because of one act of disobedience by Adam. We were all going to hell fire because of our nature not because of our actions. Sin is first a nature before it manifests as actions . God is angry with man because of his nature not actually because of what he has done.
'...by our very nature we were subject to God's anger just like everyone else. Eph 2:3b NLT.
So What Must A Man Do To Be Saved?
He needs another nature - God's own nature which was first in Adam. To receive this nature is by birth i.e. man must be BORN AGAIN. This was exactly what Jesus Christ told Nicodemus,
'Verily, verily, I say unto thee except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jn 3:3.
And How Can A Man Be Born Again?
JUST BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ and you are born of God.
'But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.' Jn 1:12.
'Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. 1 Jn 5:1a.
Everyone born of God (BORN AGAIN) shall see the kingdom of God and is saved from hell and shall not come into condemnation.
'For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Jn 3:16.
'He that believeth on him is not condemned.... Jn 3:18a.
'Verily verily I say unto you, he that heareth my word and believeth on him that sent me hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation: but is passd from death to life. Jn 5:24.
The only people who will now go to hell or rather remain in condemnatn are those who are not born again i.e. Those that refuse to believe in Jesus.
'...but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten son of God. Jn 3:18b.
'He that believeth on the son hath everlasting life, and he that believeth not the son shall not see life but (by his very nature) the wrath of God abideth on him. Jn 3:36'
Eternal life (Heaven) is a gift by one man, Jesus Christ.
...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom 6:23b.
'God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you cannot take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. Eph 2:8,9 NLT.
And this gift is received by
'believe in your heart that God hath raised Jesus Christ from the dead and then confess Jesus as your Lord. Rom 10:9.
This gift is given to anyone irrespective of your religion, denominatn, race, tribe or weakness.
'For there is no difference. For the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'
So How Many People Will God Save?
Paul answered this question saying:
'I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to save everyone that believes. Rom 1:16.
Therefore, God will save everyone that believes in Jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

God, Why Are U Punishing Us??? / Forsake And Follow / The Builder Of The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.