Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,384 members, 7,950,818 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

I Visited Hubert Ogunde's House - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Visited Hubert Ogunde's House (1372 Views)

Top 10 Most Visited Cities In Africa / The World’s Top 10 Most Visited Countries / Which Is Your Best Nigerian Cities Visited And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Visited Hubert Ogunde's House by kunyeo(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2012
You can imagine proposing to visit a place especially when you are going with your students without having familiarized yourself with the place before hand.That was my situation when i set out for Ososa,the home of the legendary Hubert Ogunde,the man reputed to be the father of modern theater in Nigeria.when we arrived at the deserted house we were not disappointed. It was like as journey into history. From the courteous mens attack the entrance,we were welcomed by statues of people close to Ogunde:his favorite wife,Adesewa,his parents,all in life-size images.At the center of the expansive compound was the burial place of Ogunde himself.We were then taken round the intact costume rooms,rehearsal hall,baba 'sitting room well furnished. We also saw many effect used in film making. Now my general impression: there is a rich store of historical treasure lying here which most Nigerians are not aware of.It is just unbelievable. The man himself,Ogunde must have envisaged that one day his house may become a museum of sort,,so he has meticulously documented every detail of his interesting and pioneering journey into the world of arts. Government should take over this place for better management and the place further publiciced for people to visit.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Currency! / Error!!!in The Date Of Birth For My Waec / First Time In Nigeria, Visa From South Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.