Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,089 members, 7,919,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:55 AM

Is Christianity A Racist Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Racist Religion? (1153 Views)

Is Christianity A Fraud? / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by chrishenzo: 7:11am On Mar 17, 2012
Over the years, I have noticed something that makes me wonder why Christians preach love but most of the time displays racial abuse. I was born( still) a Christian( Roman Catholic to be precise). When I was a kid, I used to attend Block Rosary. We have a lot of children book. I used to enjoy reading such stories a lot. Though those days, I don't ask much question and I have to admit that I believe everything in the book. There is one thing I noticed. All the bad angels are mainly black people. Satan is also portrayed as a black man.

One day I came across a story about Lucifer(Satan) when he was still an angel. On the picture Lucifer was a white man. Along the line, he disobeyed God and was thrown out of heaven. The next picture now portrayed him as a black man with Angel Gabriel(a white man) standing on his head.

Most of the time, you will see pictures of little angels, adult angels, with all being white people (no latino,black,asian,arab,etc). If that is the case, we do we have to accept a religion that prove to practice such act. Why should we allow our children to read such stories that in somehow tells them that being black is evil.Is that the way God put it. Why have our Rev. Fathers, Pastors, etc believe in such stories without debating on the issue. What are your own view?

Please someone should correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Callotti: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2012
Not only a racist religion but a se-xist one too.
Full of semi-educated, half-baked literate bigots! kiss
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 17, 2012
You want to still remain a Xtian? You better stop asking questions. remember the garden of Eden
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2012
It's a very simple thing until we start making issues out of it. Black is darkness, and light is light. So black's usually portrayed as 'evil'. It's not a racial thing until you take it personal. It's not in the Bible BTW, it's just the way most people think.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by chrishenzo: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
Callotti: Not only a racist religion but a se-xist one too.
Full of semi-educated, half-baked literate bigots! kiss

Why did you say that it is a se-xist thing?
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Arosa(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
@Chrishenzo, I understand what you mean and I feel the same too. However I will like you to know that this issue is more of a sociological and cultural problem than a religious one. We need to create awareness on this issue. Black is just a colour and darkness is the absence of light, its not evil or bad. etc.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
Arosa: @Chrishenzo, I understand what you mean and I feel the same too. However I will like you to know that this issue is more of a sociological and cultural problem than a religious one. We need to create awareness on this issue. Black is just a colour and darkness is the absence of light, its not evil or bad. etc.
But black is the colour of satan, isn't it? Do you know what effect that has on one's consciousness? One of the big reasons why i walked out of the christian religion. Very racist religion. And yes, very sexist too.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by chrishenzo: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
Image123: It's a very simple thing until we start making issues out of it. Black is darkness, and light is light. So black's usually portrayed as 'evil'. It's not a racial thing until you take it personal. It's not in the Bible BTW, it's just the way most people think.

Why is Satan a yellow(you have to agree with me that there is nothing like white skin.) man when he is an angel?
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
Image123: It's a very simple thing until we start making issues out of it. Black is darkness, and light is light. So black's usually portrayed as 'evil'. It's not a racial thing until you take it personal. It's not in the Bible BTW, it's just the way most people think.
So you are evil then because you are black. Afterall, black means evil. Yep, the christian religion is racist and blacks are taught by the church to accept it.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
musKeeto: You want to still remain a Xtian? You better stop asking questions. remember the garden of Eden
Exactly. Questioning leads to that famous hot place.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Arosa(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
Jenwitemi: But black is the colour of satan, isn't it? Do you know what effect that has on one's consciousness? One of the big reasons why i walked out of the christian religion. Very racist religion. And yes, very sexist too.

I think the Europeans depicted Satan as black because they wanted to make him look unlike them. At that time Blacks were probably manly animist (not christens). But in todays world such depictions should be unacceptable.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2012
roman catholicism is a satanic religion. what you are expecting is a miracle if you expect good to come out of evil

MATTHEW 12 VS 35 an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Now what is satans (roman catholic ) modus operandi ?

ECCLESIASTES 10 VS 6 - FOLLLY IS SET ON DIGNITY AND THE RICH SIT IN A LOW PLACE (what this means is that he elevates the foolish and demotes the Godly. he elevates himself the white man, also known as the edomites, whom God has a perpetual indignation and hatred for (malachi 1 vs 4) and demotes the chosen people of God,Gods firstborn children, his chosen, the black man (deuteronomy 7 vs 6)

DANIEL 8 VS 25 -Another modus operandi of satan is that through his policy he will cause deceit (like using his picture as the chosen one) to prosper and he will consider himself superior.

now that we have established the modus operandi of satan. lets go to scriptural precepts where the lord prophesied that he will paint his face as the angels and as Jesus and as the jews, while everyone else will be put in a negative light

1 maccabees 3 vs 48- And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images. (the heathen, the edomites, stole all the scrolls and painted their image (white faces) on all the pictures )

job 9 vs 24 The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covers the faces of its judges; (how does he cover the faces of the judges ? by painting his face on their pictures, for example painting the picture of cesare borgia, a white man, on the real face of the messiah. who are the judges ? the messiah and the 144,000 sealed ISraelites. the heathen however has painted his face on all the images and covered their images now the whole world think jews and jesus is white )

NOW THAT I HAVE BROKEN IT ALL DOWN, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET THE HECK OUT OF THAT DEN OF SATANIC INIQUITY CALLED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
Jenwitemi: Exactly. Questioning leads to that famous hot place.
grin
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by chrishenzo: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
buzugee: roman catholicism is a satanic religion. what you are expecting is a miracle if you expect good to come out of evil

MATTHEW 12 VS 35 an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Now what is satans (roman catholic ) modus operandi ?

ECCLESIASTES 10 VS 6 - FOLLLY IS SET ON DIGNITY AND THE RICH SIT IN A LOW PLACE (what this means is that he elevates the foolish and demotes the Godly. he elevates himself the white man, also known as the edomites, whom God has a perpetual indignation and hatred for (malachi 1 vs 4) and demotes the chosen people of God,Gods firstborn children, his chosen, the black man (deuteronomy 7 vs 6)

DANIEL 8 VS 25 -Another modus operandi of satan is that through his policy he will cause deceit (like using his picture as the chosen one) to prosper and he will consider himself superior.

now that we have established the modus operandi of satan. lets go to scriptural precepts where the lord prophesied that he will paint his face as the angels and as Jesus and as the jews, while everyone else will be put in a negative light

1 maccabees 3 vs 48- And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images. (the heathen, the edomites, stole all the scrolls and painted their image (white faces) on all the pictures )

job 9 vs 24 The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covers the faces of its judges; (how does he cover the faces of the judges ? by painting his face on their pictures, for example painting the picture of cesare borgia, a white man, on the real face of the messiah. who are the judges ? the messiah and the 144,000 sealed ISraelites. the heathen however has painted his face on all the images and covered their images now the whole world think jews and jesus is white )

NOW THAT I HAVE BROKEN IT ALL DOWN, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET THE HECK OUT OF THAT DEN OF SATANIC INIQUITY CALLED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Do not call any religion satanic.

Anyway back to the topic. Is there some misinterpretation of the bible. As you know the bible was written in Hebrew. Maybe because of slave trade and other things, people that translated the bible make it suit themselves.
I believe that these leads to things like "black market", "black friday", etc. Something must be wrong somewhere
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2012
chrishenzo:

Do not call any religion satanic.

Anyway back to the topic. Is there some misinterpretation of the bible. As you know the bible was written in Hebrew. Maybe because of slave trade and other things, people that translated the bible make it suit themselves.
I believe that these leads to things like "black market", "black friday", etc. Something must be wrong somewhere
lol see this dummy. stay lost in your folly called religion and keep wondering why your black image is painted as the devil person in your religion while the white man who formed the religion considers himself the angelic one. shaking my head. i cry for the stupidity of my people cry like tupac said, i shed so many tears cry cheesy
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by noetic16(m): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2012

Over the years, I have noticed something that makes me wonder why Christians preach love but most of the time displays racial abuse. I was born( still) a Christian( Roman Catholic to be precise). When I was a kid, I used to attend Block Rosary. We have a lot of children book. I used to enjoy reading such stories a lot. Though those days, I don't ask much question and I have to admit that I believe everything in the book. There is one thing I noticed. All the bad angels are mainly black people. Satan is also portrayed as a black man.

One day I came across a story about Lucifer(Satan) when he was still an angel. On the picture Lucifer was a white man. Along the line, he disobeyed God and was thrown out of heaven. The next picture now portrayed him as a black man with Angel Gabriel(a white man) standing on his head.

Most of the time, you will see pictures of little angels, adult angels, with all being white people (no latino,black,asian,arab,etc). If that is the case, we do we have to accept a religion that prove to practice such act. Why should we allow our children to read such stories that in somehow tells them that being black is evil.Is that the way God put it. Why have our Rev. Fathers, Pastors, etc believe in such stories without debating on the issue. What are your own view?

Please someone should correct me if I am wrong.

1. You can always find an excuse to abandon your faith or leave Christianity but racism is a cheap sell. Whilst the intent of certain persons who had influence over the spread of Christianity might be unknown (because it happened thousands of years ago), non-the-less we can let the bible speak for itself.

2. The bible calls/describes the presence of God (heaven) as LIGHT. Whilst describing hell or the non-dwelling presence of God as HELL or Darkness.

3. Considering the age that the literature was revealed to you, how can u depict this biblical illustration using images that kids would understand?

4. unless you suffer from inferiority complex, depicting those in the LIGHT as white and those in darkness as BLACK for little kids to understand has no racist undertone.

5. Just to pre-empt ur question . . . No I am not a white person.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:

1. You can always find an excuse to abandon your faith or leave Christianity but racism is a cheap sell. Whilst the intent of certain persons who had influence over the spread of Christianity might be unknown (because it happened thousands of years ago), non-the-less we can let the bible speak for itself.

2. The bible calls/describes the presence of God (heaven) as LIGHT. Whilst describing hell or the non-dwelling presence of God as HELL or Darkness.

3. Considering the age that the literature was revealed to you, how can u depict this biblical illustration using images that kids would understand?

4. unless you suffer from inferiority complex, depicting those in the LIGHT as white and those in darkness as BLACK for little kids to understand has no racist undertone.

get the fork outta here with this here crap. and dont come back to this site again neither angry
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by chrishenzo: 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:

First I would like you to understand that I am not planninng to leave my religion or regretting my religion but there are things that wasn't so right which I believe someone put it there to suit themselves.

Yes the bible mentioned light and darkness but tell me, "what is the color of light? and what is the color of darkness? Why did the people that starts practicing religion associate their color to light so that it will suit them. What if you dye today and realise that the color of darkness is actually black? Is lightness has something to do with yellow skin? Please answer me
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
buzugee: get the fork outta here with this here crap. and dont come back to this site again neither angry

lol, I second that motion with a spoon.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2012
Martian:

lol, I second that motion with a spoon.
and a side of biscuits grin
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:
depicting those in the LIGHT as white and those in darkness as BLACK for little kidsto understand has no racist undertone.

This is the result of efficient and effective cultural imperialism. It's kind of funny. lmao
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
Martian:

This is the result of efficient and effective cultural imperialism. It's kind of funny. lmao
nah chief. thats a white dude. they sneak in here every once in a while. no black person is this s-t-up-i-d. i refuse to believe there is a black person this s-t-u-pid.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Arosa(m): 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:

There are so many quotes in the bible that says that God lives in a dark cloud. an example is this.Exodus 20;21 The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was. just like today the peeps of old were also afraid of the presence of a thick darkness,knowing that God lives in it and not the devil.
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by noetic16(m): 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
@buguzee

get the fork outta here with this here crap. and dont come back to this site again neither

did i touch a nerve? shocked go jump into the lagoon
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by noetic16(m): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ chrishenzo

First I would like you to understand that I am not planninng to leave my religion or regretting my religion but there are things that wasn't so right which I believe someone put it there to suit themselves.

Yes the bible mentioned light and darkness but tell me, "what is the color of light? and what is the color of darkness? Why did the people that starts practicing religion associate their color to light so that it will suit them. What if you dye today and realise that the color of darkness is actually black? Is lightness has something to do with yellow skin? Please answer me

The logical thing here is to postulate a convincing alternative. You did not answer my poser. How do u make pictorial depictions of the presence and absence of God to little kids?

To answer your question . . .in this realm of limited material resources, light is best represented as WHITE. does this connote skin color or racism? Nah
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by noetic16(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2012

There are so many quotes in the bible that says that God lives in a dark cloud. an example is this.Exodus 20;21 The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was. just like today the peeps of old were also afraid of the presence of a thick darkness,knowing that God lives in it and not the devil.

Exodus 20:21 spoke in the context of Moses approaching God's presence outside the camp where there was obviously no light.
But the question remains that how do u use pictures to describe this darkness or light to little kids?
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by noetic16(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
Martian:

what you have here is an opinion influenced by inferiority complex. do u feel sick being black? grin
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16: @buguzee

did i touch a nerve? shocked go jump into the lagoon
i see you are still here angry
Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:
what you have here is an opinion influenced by inferiority complex. do u feel sick being black? grin

Noetic16 a.k.a Uncle Ruckus. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Racist Religion? by Arosa(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
noetic16:

Exodus 20:21 spoke in the context of Moses approaching God's presence outside the camp where there was obviously no light.
But the question remains that how do u use pictures to describe this darkness or light to little kids?

You are very funny, the bible do not mix words when it describes the abode of God. Psalm 18;11 He made darkness His hiding place, his canopy around him, Darkness of waters, thick clouds of the skies.

We have to find a politically correct way to teach children what good and evil is through pictures.

(1) (Reply)

This Is What God Said About Japan In The Bible / Who Will Save Us Now…? / Too Many Churches With Funny Names And Programs (see Caption)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.