Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,158 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! (10997 Views)

Tottenham Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th September 2013 / Fabrice Muamba Retires From Football / Fabrice Muamba Discharged From Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by scopusng(m): 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
Thank God, happy for him.Get closer to God.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by Afam4eva(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2012
I hope he recovers fully. It just reminds me of Sam Okparaji and Foe of Cameroo.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by dipo1: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
Scary
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by chelseabmw(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
We thank God he is okay
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2012
Wishing him a full recovery....

But, come o!

What's with African players collapsing?
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by KayDee4: 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2012
afam4eva: I hope he recovers fully. It just reminds me of Sam Okparaji and Foe of Cameroo.

and Dani Jarque - captain of espanyol in 2009.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by oobim(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2012
it was so scary!my mum was more scared,she switched off d tv nd we al knelt nd prayed fr fabrice.am sure many other families did same.GOD IS FAITHFUL!
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by duduspace(m): 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
Update is that he is in intensive care unit at the London Chest hospital. Hang in there bro, hope you pull through.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by BlackPikiN(m): 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2012
LONDON, England, March 17- Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba was fighting for his life on Saturday after collapsing during his team’s FA Cup quarter-final with Tottenham, forcing the game to be abandoned.

Hospital sources told Sky News that Muamba had stabilised as doctors continued their battle to revive the player.

The 23-year-old Kinshasa-born player appeared to collapse with no players near him towards the end of the first half at White Hart Lane.

Several paramedics were seen attempting to revive the player before he was stretchered off the field after 41 minutes with the scores at 1-1.

Muamba was wearing an oxygen mask and was flanked by a number of paramedics and Bolton medical staff as he left the pitch.

Referee Howard Webb called the players off the field before an announcement shortly afterwards that the game had been abandoned.

Former England Under-21 international Muamba, who had been treated on the pitch for around six minutes, was being taken to hospital while paramedics battled to revive him, ESPN television reported.

Several players from both teams were in tears as the seriousness of the situation became apparent and fans sung Muamba’s name as he was treated.

Muamba’s Bolton team-mate Stuart Holden tweeted: “Praying for you Fab. Hope he’s OK. Thoughts with him and his family.”

Commentating on ESPN, former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes said: “From the players’ reaction on both sides it seemed that things were pretty serious.”

Former England coach Kevin Keegan, also commentating on the match, added: “(Tottenham striker) Jermain Defoe seemed absolutely distraught.

“The fans are in a state of shock. I’ve never seen anything like that on a football pitch before. Our hearts go out to his family.”

English football stars were quick to express their concern, with Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand tweeting: “Come on Fabrice Muamba, praying for you.”

Arsenal and England midfiedler Jack Wilshere, who played with Muamba during a loan spell at Bolton, added: “Hope Muamba is okay. Thoughts with him.”

Spurs striker Defoe said: “Pray for fab god willing he will pull through #PrayForMuamba.”

Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte — a former youth team colleague of Muamba’s at Arsenal — posted: “I seriously hope my best friend in football is OK. Stay strong bro please please stay strong.

“God is with you remember that.”

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone wrote: “Thoughts with Fab and his family. Feel sick watching this, puts football and everything else into perspective.”

Bolton manager Owen Coyle and club captain Kevin Davies are reported to have gone to hospital to join Muamba, who moved to England from the Democratic Republic of Congo at the age of 11 after his father fled the war-torn country.

Wanderers released a statement soon after the match was called off, which said: “Fabrice Muamba has been taken to hospital following his collapse. We have no further information at this time.”

Tottenham added in a statement: “Tottenham can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been taken to hospital following his collapse on the pitch during the match at White Hart Lane this evening.

“The match was immediately abandoned. Everyone at the club sends their best wished to Fabrice and his family.”
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by binhozie(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2012
I swear at a point it was reported that he had died. Both Sky News and BBC said he had died.
Even wikipedia. Immediately i heard i checked wikipedia and lo and behold he was being reffered to in the past tense, and it was said he died during and FA
CUP match with tottenham, The idiots have since edited it

He is in stable but critical condition

Wish him all the best
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by sylve11: 12:28am On Mar 18, 2012
Get well soon brother! sad cool
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by theviper1: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2012
last thing we want to hear again from our beloved football is sme1 dying on active duty.gunners (both present and ex-players)are fighters,so i know that u will fight ur way through this bru.my prayers are with u and ur lovely family and the football family all over the planet.hang in there and never give up.we are praying 4 u.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by strangerf: 4:44am On Mar 18, 2012
Buzugee is a cardio?

Sup bro?
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by bid4rich(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2012
I love nairaland people,. God bless you all. That guy has recovered and glory to God in the highest. Amen
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by FBS: 7:11am On Mar 18, 2012
Muamba is a fighter.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by chic2pimp(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2012
Abeg you peeps should stop spreading unnecessary rumours. Muamba is in a stable but critical condition
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by MrTA(m): 10:54am On Mar 18, 2012
Lord please continue to strengthen Fabrice. Thoughts with him and his family. Please pull through.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2012
C'mon, soldier! Hang in there!! You're doing great!!!
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2012
Fabrice Muamba faces
crucial 24 hours, says boss
Owen Coyle
Bolton midfielder Fabrice
Muamba faces a crucial 24
hours in his fight for life,
manager Owen Coyle has said. The 23-year-old remains
critically ill after collapsing
during an FA Cup quarter-final
tie against Tottenham. He is being treated in the
intensive care unit of the
heart attack centre at the
London Chest Hospital and an
update on his condition is
expected on Sunday. Coyle said: "It's very serious.
There's no getting away from
that. God willing, he makes it
through." Medics spent six minutes
trying to resuscitate the
former England under-21
international on the field after
he fell to the ground with no
other players around him.
Re: Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! by slap1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2012
Come to his aid, God. Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Feyenoord Vs Manchester City : UCL (0 - 4) On 13th September 2017 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 10th February 2015 / FIFA Approves Maternity Leave For Women Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.