Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced (11181 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / YOUWIN: 539 Awardees Receive Payments / Comprehensive List Of Youwin Awardees. Check Your Name Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Beaf: 3:36am On Mar 20, 2012
ZUBY77:
must you be daft each time anything about jonathan comes up. Whats wrong in tracking our tax payers money? Or is gej going to pay them from his salary

You are crazy.
What makes you think that winshlike NLers should be the ones tracking anybody? The project is funded by bodies like the World Bank who can track their shiit professionally, I don't know where you got the crap about your tax money.

How do you propose to do this independent tracking if not by setting frustrated, angry folk like kobojunkie to persistently wind up their granchildrens agemates? I am sure you have access to World Bank documents, or maybe you just wish to go knocking the gates of the lucky youth until they "pay" you off.

Let the programme succeed without winsh interfence.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Mar 20, 2012
ZUBY77:

must you be daft each time anything about jonathan comes up. Whats wrong in tracking our tax payers money? Or is gej going to pay them from his salary

Yep, trace the money, and progress, so we are sure of what we really gain, at the end of the day, from this scheme. Whichever way one chooses to look at this, this is nothing more than a National lottery- yet another subsidy program, in addition to the many we have. We are well aware of the problems that plague our current subsidy projects, and it would not make sense to allow even new programs to fall into the same category. If we are to continue funding this, in the future, we should be able to at least verify that it is worth the additional investment.

Plus, I don't trust the politicians to feed us accurate data on what the success/failures of the scheme.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Beaf: 3:45am On Mar 20, 2012
I sense jealousy. cry
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by mkmyers45(m): 6:35am On Mar 20, 2012
Na today? Lets wait and see if the funds will be properly disbursed and utilised.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by sholatech(m): 7:07am On Mar 20, 2012
It was clearly stated during training that disbursement will be in phases and based on meeting deliverables at each stage. Every awardee is to be in a cell with professional monitoring and mentoring by Youwin agency, selected financial institutions, zonal industry leaders and employed cell monitors dedicated solely for that purpose. For Youwin team that addressed us during the training, they were mostly drawn from the private sector with niche pedigree from companies like McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Andersen and even Academics from Wharton etc
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by blackboi(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2012
Pls help check goodlock azikiwe jonatan & sanusi lagido sanusi
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Ejine(m): 7:15am On Mar 20, 2012
Ha! Nice one!
Though I feel there were other nicer and more effective things the administration could've done with 50 billion, I'm just glad the integrity of the venture has at least proven itself.
And ultimately, I'm glad it finally shut that gutter illiterate Rhino.5dm up. That guy's chatter on that other thread was bloody irritating. angry
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by dustydee: 7:39am On Mar 20, 2012
When Asogwa, Nduka, Nanaemeka and the likes are from the north, I was expecting to see Kabiru and Sambo from the south south for example. Any way when is the next round? grin I want to apply. How long does it take to pay back?
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by GP15: 7:41am On Mar 20, 2012
Guys make una help me thank God ohhh.. My babe has has been jobless for three years now, I encouraged her to apply. She did. Though i wrote part of the proposal for her. Her name was on the list, when I called to tell her about it, she ask me if today was April fool, I should not spoil her morning with unserious news. I sent her the PDF link, she check and saw her name..
she just can't believe her eyes.. congratulation to all others winners
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Kobojunkie: 7:48am On Mar 20, 2012
dustydee: When Asogwa, Nduka, Nanaemeka and the likes are from the north, I was expecting to see Kabiru and Sambo from the south south for example. Any way when is the next round? grin I want to apply. How long does it take to pay back?

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by dustydee: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I tire o. But beaf said is credible, since he is an insider I think we should believe him. I just hope they monitor the implementation of the variuos projects.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Jeovy(m): 8:05am On Mar 20, 2012
Thank God at last the wait is over. Congrats to my fellow winners
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 20, 2012
TRASH! TRASH! TRASH!
POLITICS! POLITICS! POLITICS!
CURRUPTION! CURRUPTION! CURRUPTION!

YouWin my ass. Didnt i hear an amount of 50 Billion Naira package for the program? How much will be released? How much has been released.

Must you make the program a competition? Why not embrace all viable business ideas and fund them....

Total Rubish
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by lifestyle1(m): 8:35am On Mar 20, 2012
Reasons Why 80% Of Youwin Winners May Fail!

Success in business is never automatic. It isn't strictly based on luck - although a little never hurts. It depends primarily on the owner's foresight and organization. Even then, of course, there are no guarantees.

Starting a small business is always risky, and the chance of success is slim. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year and 95% fail within the first five years.

Even with provision of the necessary things to run a business. i.e Constant electricity, good road and transportation system,available bank loans and minimal taxation.

In Nigeria, There is no constant electricity, transportation system does not work, banks won't give out loan to small businesses and small businesses are over taxed, now tell me how a small business can survive ? undecided

Michael Ames In his book Small Business Management, gives the following reasons for small business failure:

Lack of experience

Insufficient capital (money)

Poor location

Poor inventory management

Over-investment in fixed assets

Poor credit arrangements

personal use of business funds

Unexpected growth

And I added Epileptic Power supply - This is a big challenge and a threat to Small businesses in Nigeria.

And from Gustav Berle, he added: Competition and Low Sales as one of the reasons why small business fail

I was sincere in my business plan, I requested for 4 million grin and Promised to Employ 5 Unemployed Nigerians but my business plan was turned down.

The reasons I guess may be due to the high capital demanded and low number of persons to employ but Considering the cost of running a business in Lagos i.e Rent,Transportion, Electricity/Generator bills, LG bills, Abero Bills, Double taxation and salaries.

If I had requested less than 4 million and promised to employ 100 unemployed Nigerians my business plan might be selected but guess what - the business will fail within a year!

In my business plan, I intended to pay the new minimum wage and was ready to increase the pay on a yearly basis just to motivate them and to make them more productive but i was turned down.

For those that were selected how many unemployed Nigerians did you promised to employ and how much will you pay your staff ?

If you promised to pay 18k and you also promised to employ let say 100 unemployed Nigerians and you were giving 2 million, Your business will fail in two months. grin

I'm not trying to scare you but to prepare you for the rocky path ahead. Underestimating the difficulty of starting a business is one of the biggest obstacles entrepreneurs face. However, success can be yours if you are patient, willing to work hard, and take all the necessary steps.

I wish you best of luck in your endeavor but remember its not going to be easy believe me. To be among the successful 20% you must work round the clock. grin

life_style32@yahoo.com

https://www.nairaland.com/863232/reasons-why-80-youwin-winners

3 Likes

Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2012
The zoning is based on business location so, even if Obinnachukwu wants to locate his biz in Kano, he will be zoned to the north, not based on his state of origin. And for those crying foul about the amount of 50b naira, this is for the estimated 4 editions of the programme. This is the first edition and guess what, the govt didn't release all the money. Just about 25% was finally approved for the 4 editions. So, instead of whining about this, get up your fat ass and brace up for the next edition which starts sometime in September. Congrats again to all the winners!!
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by RoddyMan(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2012
Peeps, to answer some questions that have been asked:
1. To reduce d incidence of pple not going ahead with d biz plans proposed, the funds will be disbursed in instalments, the first instalment might not be substantial, and will be dependent on need.
The monitoring and evaluation team will approve further disbursals if satisfied with the usage of the initial instalment
2. Because new businesses have a higher likelihood of failure, the number of winners in the existing business category far exceed those of new businesses.

Congrats to fellow winners. While this isn't a bad initiative, I still think GEJ hasn't done a good enough job in running this country.

1 Like

Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Funkymallam(m): 8:59am On Mar 20, 2012
Where are alj harem others? cheesy
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by damola1: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2012
@ life style..

You've spoken well.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by oiseworld: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

when you don't get things you ask. Ok
the names where according to region of residence which is also where they would/ already established their business.

Congratss to all winners.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by jmaine: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2012
Drogba11: The zoning is based on business location so, even if Obinnachukwu wants to locate his biz in Kano, he will be zoned to the north, not based on his state of origin. And for those crying foul about the amount of 50b naira, this is for the estimated 4 editions of the programme. This is the first edition and guess what, the govt didn't release all the money. Just about 25% was finally approved for the 4 editions. So, instead of whining about this, get up your fat ass and brace up for the next edition which starts sometime in September. Congrats again to all the winners!!
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by oiseworld: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2012
i believe the process was fair and credible but the whole programm lost focus. I say this because you win has mixed things up, its surppose to be for innovative ideas not just for people with business. they said youths with innovation.

From the first they i saw their curriculum i new they had lust direction. Valie proposition is different from innovation. Can the YouWiN team boost that all 1200 winners are actually doing things that have never been done before. Youwin is doing the job of bank of industry,commercial banks,microfinance banks which is not what they claim in there name.
They are focused on job creation which is good, but why then call on innovators. We left our factories, and our creativity to attend lectures, well fine. So when the names came out its a different thing entirely. congrats all the same.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by jmaine: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2012
Drogba11: The zoning is based on business location so, even if Obinnachukwu wants to locate his biz in Kano, he will be zoned to the north, not based on his state of origin. And for those crying foul about the amount of 50b naira, this is for the estimated 4 editions of the programme. This is the first edition and guess what, the govt didn't release all the money. Just about 25% was finally approved for the 4 editions. So, instead of whining about this, get up your fat ass and brace up for the next edition which starts sometime in September. Congrats again to all the winners!!

thanks for shutting some frustrated fools up . . .wondering how they get to always maintain their foolish acts day in . .day out . . .the ignorant applauding a fellow ignorant for spewing nonsense . . .
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by emmatok(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2012
jimmysho: pls help me check shomuji adebayo olujimi

Your name is on the list.

Congrats.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by obowunmi(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2012
Naija people sef. Why not congratulate the winners and move on...tooo much jealousy.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by ufumes(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2012
Congrats to fortunate winners.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by obowunmi(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2012
oiseworld: i believe the process was fair and credible but the whole programm lost focus. I say this because you win has mixed things up, its surppose to be for innovative ideas not just for people with business. they said youths with innovation.

From the first they i saw their curriculum i new they had lust direction. Valie proposition is different from innovation. Can the YouWiN team boost that all 1200 winners are actually doing things that have never been done before. Youwin is doing the job of bank of industry,commercial banks,microfinance banks which is not what they claim in there name.
They are focused on job creation which is good, but why then call on innovators. We left our factories, and our creativity to attend lectures, well fine. So when the names came out its a different thing entirely. congrats all the same.

I like this feedback. They are NOT innovators. More like a program set to help people write their business plans and prepare a massive group for financing.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Okontami: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2012
Great and good for you Winners. Now your work has just begun. You will not be given a penny without a proper business plan. The YouWIN grant is for serious minded people and not for those who will use the money to buy clothes or shoes or use it to carry women. Without mile stones accomplishment plan , no disbursement of fund. So the one thousand plus guys must be very serious so that they will not say this program is a flop. If you brig crap to the table , you will surely be given crap.
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by chinedumo(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2012
SHE MUST BE DELIGHTED
jmaine: Youwin final awardees announced . . .Guess the doubting freaks can finally give it a rest . . .and a special shout out to my friend Rhino.5dm . . .The wedding money don show. . . . .

To the interested . .here is the link ==========> http://www.fmf.gov.ng/youwin/YouWIN_Winners.pdf
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by Kakatazz(f): 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2012
Please can we have a masterlist of all that won
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by jmaine: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2012
chinedumo: SHE MUST BE DELIGHTED

No be small grin
Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by obowunmi(m): 1:54am On Mar 21, 2012
Dear friends, I am looking[b] to conduct an interview with YouWin Nigeria winners that are women[/b], could someone get in touch with me.... Thx

It is quite urgent.

1 Like

Re: YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced by jmaine: 12:26am On Mar 22, 2012
obowunmi: Dear friends, I am looking[b] to[size=16pt] conduct an interview with YouWin Nigeria winners that are women[/size][/b], could someone get in touch with me.... Thx

It is quite urgent.
I dey suspect you bros, why only Women ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Remitted N9trn In 2018, Highest In 13 Years / BUA To Establish 3 Million MTPA Cement Plant, 50 MW Power Plant In Adamawa / Wapi Pay Fighting Scandal: The Full Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.