Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:10 AM

Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State (1630 Views)

Just In: DSS Papers Proves Kanu Was Never In Possession Of Any Weapons / 12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Two Of His Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Dainfamous: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2012
The decision of a cow rearer, Pastor Pekun Olusola, to employ a Fulani herdsman, Ahmadu Aliyu, who would help in caring for the animals almost proved fatal for him on Tuesday March 13, 2012 when the man macheted him and afterwards ignited a fire which he thought would burn his boss to death along the way to his farm in Awe town, Oyo State. Reason: He was alleged to have thought of taking over his master’s animals!

Narrating his experience to Sunday Tribune on his hospital bed at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, where he was transferred to after initial admission at State Hospital, Oyo, Pastor Olusola, who revealed that he had been in farming business for about 14 years said he employed Aliyu about four years ago to take care of his cows and sheep.
According to the 60-year-old man who is also a part-time pastor with the Living Faith Church, Awe, “initially, when Aliyu started working with me, I was paying him salary but it got to a stage that we had an arrangement that I would be giving him one cow every six months.

“I didn’t always go to the farm to check him since he is on my land but last year, I got an information that he had sold four out of my 28 cows. I didn’t want to make any fuss about so I called him to my house and spoke to him, advising him to stop it. This was someone who would come to me for money and I didn’t have, I would tell him to take one of my sheep and sell. There was even a time he told me he wanted to marry a second wife and he did not have money. I asked him to take one cow and sell.

“On Tuesday March 13, I was in the poultry when he called to inform me that one of my cows had delivered, that I should come and check her. I didn’t let him know when I would come so as to catch him unawares. I went to the farm that very day and as was my usual practice, I started counting my cows. One of his brothers staying with him brought his own cows but I asked that they be separated.

“I counted 21 instead of 28, so I realised that seven were missing. I did not say anything, I just said I was going, having the thought of inviting him to my house later. He started explaining that there was one cow which had mated and was pregnant and another one which was sick in the bush. I told him not to worry, that I wanted to go home. He persuaded me to check on the sick one and I agreed. I asked him to ride my motorcycle but he didn’t agree, so I rode the bike and he sat behind me.

“We left the bush and hit the main road. Suddenly, I felt the slash of a cutlass as Aliyu hit my head. I fell down from the bike and he used my jacket, which I usually wore to protect myself from wind, to wrap my head, just as he continued to machete me on the head. He also landed the machete on my right wrist which I was trying to use to protect my head.
The wrist was dangling and it was only held to the rest of the arm by a thin layer of flesh. He would call ‘Daddy’ and I would reply: ‘Aliyu, why are you doing this to me?’ The more I talked, the more he would inflict further machete cuts on me. When I realised his intention, I kept quiet. Before I knew what was happening, he removed the fuel hose connected to the tank of my bike and set it ablaze, and he put me beside it. I became unconscious but God brought me back to life about an hour after.

People were passing by and I was calling them but instead of coming to my rescue, they were running away. About an hour after, I saw a man with a dane gun, I asked him to help me but he said ‘but Baba, you are dead. I am seeing your brain.’ I replied that I would not die. I asked him to check my pocket for my phone. Aliyu had earlier removed one of my phones and a sum of N13,000.

"The man could not get through to the number I asked him to call but he called SARS operatives. In 30 minutes, they were there. They also never believed I could survive it but they took me to State Hospital, Oyo where I was taken to the theatre and they sutured my head and my wrist. They also took care of the burns. They later told me that the condition of the wrist would demand better healthcare facilities, that was how I was referred to UCH on Wednesday March 14."

The farmer said he believed Aliyu’s action was premeditated one and was planned alongside his brother, his wife and two young Fulani boys who were on the farm that day. “When I was leaving that day, Aliyu’s wife looked at me strangely. It was later I linked that look with her husband’s action,” he said.

Stating that if he were to say anything on Aliu’s action, he would ask that he should be let off. “He wanted me dead, but God said I will live. However, for others to learn that crime does not pay, let justice be done according to the law”, Pastor Olusola said.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the suspect, Aliu, had been arrested by the police and was in detention at Durbar Division confirming the arrest, the Police Public Relations Officer in Oyo State, Ms Olabisi Okuwobi, said the police were on the hunt for the suspect’s brother whom he claimed connived with him to attack the pastor. Okuwobi added that the case would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Iyaganku for further investigations. - Courtesy Tribune Newspaper.

Report any suspicious persons and object to the law enforcement agencies, as that will save lives.

http://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Dainfamous: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2012
bolded you see why almajiris will never stop in Nigeria,he doesn't have money but he want a second wife embarassed embarassed that remind me of the same question nchara ask about northerners being trust wordy? and some people like abagwaro and co reply yes sad sad sad sad and this man felt it when he visited his farm knowing how dangerous they are he was trying to avoid the situation...................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
u guys dont understand what is happening
hausas have taken over the north - fact
conquered kadunna from d indigenes - fact
coonquerd kogi, kwara, jos - fact
conquered ogun. and about conquering lagos.
like all wise armies, take out all d weak positions (yourubas and middle belt)then face the stronger enemy (ibos)
ibos be warned, hausa are about forming a blackade on us, get ready FOR WAR, IBO AND PROUD
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Ejine(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2012
Oh God!!! cry
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by tigerleggs(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2012
North is out to destabilise Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by achi4u(m): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2012
crusifis: u guys dont understand what is happening
like all wise armies, take out all d weak positions (yourubas and middle belt)then face the stronger enemy (ibos)
ibos be warned, hausa are about forming a blackade on us, get ready FOR WAR, IBO AND PROUD
igbos are hard nuts to crack.we used many tactics to beat aboki and their like.if this war finally break...

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Wily2wily: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2012
Hausas are coming, Yorubas on the run
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by emmatok(m): 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
crusifis: u guys dont understand what is happening

LOL,

See how you brought Igbo into this tread.

Hope you won't call others BIGOT if the start bashing Igbos here.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2012
achi4u: igbos are hard nuts to crack.we used many tactics to beat aboki and their like.if this war finally break...

Mor.on, like you are beating them for the routine murder of ibos in the north?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Wily2wily: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
How can Hausa do this to Yorubas and get away with it?, we are watching. Will Yorubas do something about this development? lets wait and see, Next 24hrs will be is crucial.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Mavor: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2012
Wily2wily: Hausas are coming, Yorubas on the run
Yorubas are cowards. All dem get na mouth. This kind of shit can never happen in Igboland or Niger-Delta naa!!! Look at what some Hausa youths did yesterday in Lagos. See as dem full Lekki sef, doing nothing, all vagabonds. Ojukwu knew this during the civil war. Awo was all talk and more BS. Is it until start harrasing with your family that you will wake up (God forbid!!!) Them northerners are parasites and they need to go back home.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by brown3: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
Aigbofa:

Mor.on, like you are beating them for the routine murder of ibos in the north?

where did u get that from, most of the boko victims re yoruba tribe, ask ur tribe men in the north they will tell u. Western media are trying to play mind games, they want IGBO to do the fighting for them. IGBO re wise enough to fall for the tricks. Despite we have d low numbers of victims our IGBO leaders warned the norther to talk to there boys, but ur toothless leaders wil never try that because they dont want to jail like awos and co.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by 9javoice1(m): 5:10am On Mar 21, 2012
i will advice the SW to stand up now b4 it will be too late.

gej should not be blamed for not sending security men to protect SW from little hausa/fulani almajiri.

SW arise and fight these morons now. if you cant do it alone invite SS to help, if that doesn't work invite SE.

i can understand your fears about SE but they are far better of than north.

say "no" to these advice and you will regret it later.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by 9javoice1(m): 5:18am On Mar 21, 2012
the easiest way to loose a war is to fight a wrong enemy.

if the population of the Hausa's in Lagos grow half of ndigbo they will wrestle Lagos from the Yoruba's.
this is true.

men its now or never for SW. blv this or leave it time shall tell.
they say north for the northerners,while they practice Nigeria for the Hausa/Fulani.

my fear is b/4 our SW brother's will sought for help from southern brother's it will be too late for them.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by lagcity(m): 5:30am On Mar 21, 2012
stupid ibos wasting their time over nonissues. with the way aboki keep making suya out of u, u shld be the last ppl talking. mumus.

anyway, i am still trying to figure out how someone with a brain can give cows to a fulani; a fulani who can just take the cows to cameroon and disappear. how the hell can u track down a nomadic fulani? shit just doesn't make sense.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by 9javoice1(m): 5:32am On Mar 21, 2012
fulani hausa , fulani hausa, hausa fulani killing killing killing. everywhere your name is mentioned it will be unrest, troubles troubles troubles and more troubles.

no body kills everybody, Jesus whose word is yes and Amen says "they that kill by sword dies by sword"

your cup is full, the blood of those you murder is shouting vengeance here and there.

let the wise among you call other's to order and make public apology to the whole nation.

if not, your balloon has expanded to the limit the next thing is blowing up in pieces and in a more deadlier and bloody way

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Dainfamous: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
lagcity: stupid ibos wasting their time over nonissues. with the way aboki keep making suya out of u, u shld be the last ppl talking. mumus.

anyway, i am still trying to figure out how someone with a brain can give cows to a fulani; a fulani who can just take the cows to cameroon and disappear. how the hell can u track down a nomadic fulani? shit just doesn't make sense.
wasting your time ,so you want people to turn blind eye so that fulani will kill you people finish in illorin and oyo state?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by tayork(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by coolzeal(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
I only blame Zik whose ideology stands as a core nationalist for this mess. If only he was alive to witness the pains he caused the Eastern region to maintained this failed state called Nigeria. This is harsh but Zik should rot in hell..
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by disumusa: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
u guys dont understand what is happening
ibo man without faculty.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by disumusa: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Wily2wily:
Hausas are coming, Yorubas on the run
fourth class citizen,homeles ibo
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes, Burns Boss To Take Possession Of His Cows In Oyo State by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dis almajiris drove rilwayne001 away from kwara state, and now dey want to drive dem away from oyo state.
South West beware!!!

(1) (Reply)

88 Years Old Man Made Special Adviser To Anambra State Governor / GEJ Distorted Facts, N Is Slow To Sign Bills That'll Change Nigeria - David Mark / Is It True About Obamacare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.