Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,465 members, 7,917,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:35 AM

Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member (1704 Views)

Abuja Runs Girl Slept With A Politician And Found Worms In Her Private Part / Ladies, What's Your Reaction When A Guy Mistakenly Touch Your Private Part? / R*pe Trial: Show Your Private Bombom, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Payoyo(f): 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
The Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, Oba Adebukola Alli who is currently standing trial before an Osogbo High Court over alleged rape of a 23-year-old corps member, Miss Helen Okpara, yesterday, asked the court to compel Miss Okpara to show her private part to the court to confirm her allegation that she sustained injuries after making love with her.

At the resumed hearing of the case before Justice Jide Falola, Oba Alli who spoke through his counsel, Mr. Taofeek Tewogbade during his cross-examination demanded that Miss Okpara should show the bruised part of her private part to the court for confirmation of her earlier claim.

He said the victim should either show her private part at the court room or rather go into the judge’s chamber to show it to the judge and the prosecution.
The victim was annoyed by the demand of the monarch’s counsel as she started shedding tears in the witness box. It took the efforts of the principal state counsel, Mr. Biodun Badiora to calm her down.

However, the prosecuting counsel objected the demand of the defence counsel.
Badiora said: “My lord, all what my learned friend was saying is tantamount to investigation and aimed at annoying my witness. By Section 228 of the Evidence Act, the court shall forbid any question, which appears to the court to insult or annoy the witness. It is for the doctor to examine and police to investigate. So, I don’t know the reason why the counsel is asking her to show her private part to the court.

But the monarch’s counsel informed the court that it was a misconception on the part of the prosecution, adding that the demand was not to insult the victim but to verify her claim that his client bruised her private part.
The presiding judge, Justice Falola overruled the monarch’s demand, saying, “the question was raised for her to exhibit her nudity yesterday (Monday) and she answered you that she can’t. You can ask another question that won’t provoke her passion. She has no picture of it and she cannot exhibit her private part to the court or in the chambers,” Falola told the defence counsel.

The monarch also alleged that he gave the ex-corps member the sum of N20,000 out of the N50,000 she demanded for in order for her not to raise any scandal after the sexual intercourse but Miss Okpara denied the allegation, saying, “I never asked him for any money and he never gave me any money.”
The victim further said: “Oba Alli threw a bundle of N200 notes to me but I didn’t know the actual amount and I rejected it. He then took the money inside his room and came out naked and started caressing me before he eventually raped me.”
The case was, however, adjourned till May 2 for defence.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/21/national-21-03-2012-06.html
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 22, 2012
the "alleged crime happened about a year ago, how could this ignorant lawyer demand to see the bruises NOW?! hopefully, there is a medical report that was made at the time of the crime to sustain such claims of bruising.........but even if there isnt any, that is NOT a proof that she was not ra.ped!
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by snthesis(m): 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
how did the "innocent" girl end up alone with the accused in his room
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^^ it has already been well documented. here is what the victim said:

I was engaged by the monarch to distribute forms for a computer training he organized, and after distributing the computer training form to the participants, I told the Oba that we are through for the day and he said I should wait that he was going to drop me on the way to my house. So I waited for him and he drove me in his car but when we got to the front of my house where I was expected to drop, he said I would have to follow him to Osogbo for the registration of the forms, saying that the state government is expecting the
forms.”

She explained further : “I told the Oba that it was late and that I can’t make it to Osogbo but he made a promise to bring me back to the village whatever time it cost. When we got to his house in Osogbo, he didn’t mention anything about the registration of the forms, so I told him I wanted to leave but he said it was already getting late and that he couldn’t risk driving at night.”
“I told the Oba to drop me in front of a police station that I would find my way home, he didn’t comply. Instead, he went inside a room and came out with a bundle of N200 notes and threw it at me that I should collect, because he mentioned how impressed he was with my performance at the computer training centre but I told him I didn’t need his money.”

According to Okpara, Oba Adebukola went in with the money and when he came out of the room, he had undressed. “When I told him I was leaving, he said I wasn’t going back that night and that he had been using many ways to get at me but I always turned down his advances and he said he was going to harm me that night.”
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by snthesis(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
hmmm! interesting!!
i am at a loss cos i can easily drawup a defense for both parties!!! but i'll stick with the girls report- still find it dificult to believe that in this day and age that ppl can b so naive & trusting.
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Rocktation(f): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2012
This is the problem with r.ape cases. The victims never get out when they can, until it's too late. Even when they almost always sense the impending danger.
And it's a hallmark with corpers too, especially females. To always dream of making some ludicrous amount of money within their ordinary one year of service.
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by CuteTj(m): 12:02am On Mar 23, 2012
This is the funniest joke of 2012. These lawyers can be ridiculous at times.
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 23, 2012
snthesis: hmmm! interesting!!
i am at a loss cos i can easily drawup a defense for both parties!!! but i'll stick with the girls report- still find it dificult to believe that in this day and age that ppl can b so naive & trusting.

yeah the story is a bit weird, but then again, with the level of fear that people have over people in power, i can understand why a gal would follow her oba boss into his house.

as this girl's lawyer, i would have summoned everyone that was in that house that day to testify (meguard, houseboy/girl, driver, cook etc) and grill them.....sadly that should have been the work of the police investigating this ra.pe case: put each of these guys in a separate room and take their detailed statement of what happened that night, and see the cracks in their story!

he cant ra.pe someone in his own home and nobody saw anything.
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by dabrake(m): 2:07am On Mar 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

yeah the story is a bit weird, but then again, with the level of fear that people have over people in power, i can understand why a gal would follow her oba boss into his house.

as this girl's lawyer, i would have summoned everyone that was in that house that day to testify (meguard, houseboy/girl, driver, cook etc) and grill them.....sadly that should have been the work of the police investigating this ra.pe case: put each of these guys in a separate room and take their detailed statement of what happened that night, and see the cracks in their story!

he cant ra.pe someone in his own home and nobody saw anything.
as if they will ever wanna betray their oga. Don't you know their jobs are at stake? Besides, Oba could easily bribe them
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 23, 2012
^^ do you really think it matters how much they got paid or if they wanted to betray their oga or no? it's called a LIE and anyone who uses it will crack under scrutiny, do you know why? because you can never remember a lie in details....... especially if this lie is shared with many people (the more they are, the easier it is to bust them)

here are also a few other things that you should know:
- if money is the reason for their silence, then MORE MONEY will be the reason for them telling the truth.
- a few days in the slammer always has the right effect on liars etc, especially if they could get a lengthy sentence for accessory to ra.pe.
- when faced with the FACTS, and offers of a plea deal to the first who cooperate with authorities, many are quick to rat on the culprits (and save their own assses) while the others who kept quiet spend a few yrs in jail for accessory to ra.pe.

if anyone knew that a crime was taking place and didnt say/do anything to stop the crime then they are as guilty as the oba!
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by mamalola19: 5:15am On Mar 23, 2012
^^^^r you a lawyer?
Re: Rape Trial: Show Your Private Part, Osun Monarch Tells Ex-corps Member by deols(f): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2012
disgusting

(1) (Reply)

Can A Pretty Promising Girl B All Yours 4ever? / .. / Nneka123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.