Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? - Foreign Affairs (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? (184516 Views)

Why Are They So Many White People In Accra? / Why Are White People Claiming Africa ? / South Africa Is Racist Towards White People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (162) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
if you think every Nigerian is living large in SA you are ill informed...many wake up in the freezing mornings of Joburg with nothing to eat or wear,according to them their life in SA is better than that of all4kak in Abadan....thank goodness generous SAns like EroZA are helping here and there....may I tell u that I once paid a flight ticket to Nigeria for a Nigerian refugee who desperately wanted to go back to his country.....we don't mind to share everything with illegal immigrants who respect themselves and others but people like you find this country hostile ,definitely if you were here with that mentality,you would have been panel beated

all4naija: Bwahaha... You can cry me a river, mister! Must you mention what you donated to the poor people on your streets who are likely not Nigerians(if out all you donate)? Please, keep your peasant donations to yourself. Nigerians don't need them.

South Africa my effing bottom.

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
EroZA: if you think every Nigerian is living large in SA you are ill informed...many wake up in the freezing mornings of Joburg with nothing to eat or wear,according to them their life in SA is better than that of all4kak in Abadan....thank goodness generous SAns like EroZA are helping here and there....may I tell u that I once paid a flight ticket to Nigeria for a Nigerian refugee who desperately wanted to go back to his country.....we don't mind to share everything with illegal immigrants who respect themselves and others but people like you find this country hostile ,definitely if you were here with that mentality,you would have been panel beated

You have spoken like a true bucket poo system user! You said at first even in the hash condition Nigerians still intend to stay in South Africa at the same time claim you paid a flight ticket for a Nigerian refugee to go back home because he could stand the horrible condition of your country. That picture paints a poor country without good development. I don't really know what you brag about in your country being the most advanced yet can't take care of immigrants. Jeez! You are deluded. Nigerians are feeding you in Townships and helping to marry your women who cannot stay with your lazy brothers. Those who go about the streets looking for Africans to attack in their xenophobia.

Never in my life will I visit an evil country like South Africa where human lives is not respected. Too many black fools roaming the streets in their savagery. That is too dangerous for my kind of person. I don't really think South Africa is a place that has what I want to see. It is a boring country indeed!

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
You will never hear me saying that south Africa is the most advanced African country....you are the only fool writing about it,the only thing am telling u is we are harboring thousands and thousands of Nigerian refugees....i know your next comment,lets go 1212

all4naija: You have spoken like a true bucket poo system user! You said at first even in the hash condition Nigerians still intend to stay in South Africa at the same time claim you paid a flight ticket for a Nigerian refugee to go back home because he could stand the horrible condition of your country. That picture paints a poor country without good development. I don't really know what you brag about in your country being the most advanced yet can't take care of immigrants. Jeez! You are deluded. Nigerians are feeding you in Townships and helping to marry your women who cannot stay with your lazy brothers. Those who go about the streets looking for Africans to attack in their xenophobia.

Never in my life will I visit an evil country like South Africa where human lives is not respected. Too many black fools roaming the streets in their savagery. That is too dangerous for my kind of person. I don't really think South Africa is a place that has what I want to see. It is a boring country indeed!

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Msauza(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
all4naija: You have spoken like a true bucket poo system user! You said at first even in the hash condition Nigerians still intend to stay in South Africa at the same time claim you paid a flight ticket for a Nigerian refugee to go back home because he could stand the horrible condition of your country. That picture paints a poor country without good development. I don't really know what you brag about in your country being the most advanced yet can't take care of immigrants. Jeez! You are deluded. Nigerians are feeding you in Townships and helping to marry your women who cannot stay with your lazy brothers. Those who go about the streets looking for Africans to attack in their xenophobia.

Who said that we need your visit? We are better off without you.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Msauza(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
all4naija:
I am not a racist! How can I be racist when I belong to both races? The truth hurts! If really what you say is true. Why is economic empowerment program meant only for the black people? Why does your government discriminate the white people of that society? Why do you always use past Apartheid activities to define your society? There is more animosity between the white and black people of that society looking at the inequality problems, etc. You cannot deny these facts.

YOruba, Igbo and Hausa have the same color. They are just different ethnicity like Zulu and Xhosa. The two prominent xenophobic groups in South Africa.

South Africa is developed more than Nigeria because it is built by the white people. the Townships are the reflections of what it would have looked like without them.

Don't just go there, man. South Africans got no swag but Nigerians do in Africa. Your people don't roll with hipsters Nigerians do. We parley more with the Americans than South Africans do and corporate with them on various issues. Please, do yourself some good and admit that Nigeria is the America of Africa. Even the most illicit drug addicts in your society know that.

Eish!! America has really messed up your mind. We do not associate with Americans just to prove our swag. South Africa has more middle class society than Nigerians do. Fact!! We have our own iskhothane's (swag) without the inclusion of Americans.

SA townships are more developed than Nigerians townships with amenities. Our township lives does not represent how we would be like without white involvement in terms of developments. Whites pushed us to live under those conditions because we never had power on our side. You know nothing about the history of SA, that's why you write all this bullshhitt.

Black Economic Empowerment does not discriminate in any form. Read that policy well to understand it well. It is a policy that encourage black people participation in economy from an arena which was previously dominated by whites. It came into effect as a result of Affirmative Action, a policy which also is still in force in the US to advantage blacks over their white counterparts because of their previously disadvantaged background.

BEE discourages all-white companies from existing and from acquiring contacts and tenders. It requires such companies to relinguish their 26% shares to black ownership in order to qualify for contracts.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by sostoz(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Kenya will do gud in future, what do u mean it doesnt human resources? Of there are plenty of skilld nigerians who are ega 2 work 4 anada country.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by sostoz(m): 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
Black sa " dogs bark a moving car...if its it dosn't mv the pee on it" it's a nguni proverb. I dnt hate nigeria coz u we dnt undastand each other! And 4 me. U are arogant! Complacent! Mediocre! If we were 2 fall we would hv fall during apartheid and here we are we hosting every african refugee! Coz ur government is corupt.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Msauza:

Eish!! America has really messed up your mind. We do not associate with Americans just to prove our swag. South Africa has more middle class society than Nigerians do. Fact!! We have our own iskhothane's (swag) without the inclusion of Americans.

SA townships are more developed than Nigerians townships with amenities. Our township lives does not represent how we would be like without white involvement in terms of developments. Whites pushed us to live under those conditions because we never had power on our side. You know nothing about the history of SA, that's why you write all this bullshhitt.

Black Economic Empowerment does not discriminate in any form. Read that policy well to understand it well. It is a policy that encourage black people participation in economy from an arena which was previously dominated by whites. It came into effect as a result of Affirmative Action, a policy which also is still in force in the US to advantage blacks over their white counterparts because of their previously disadvantaged background.

BEE discourages all-white companies from existing and from acquiring contacts and tenders. It requires such companies to relinguish their 26% shares to black ownership in order to qualify for contracts.
Smh... You are a primitive person indeed. What is iskhothane's shit that you called swag? Do you mean the peanuts-and-bosoms-exposing Zulu culture? You must be out of your mind to think I would take South African blacks serious in their barbarism.

Talking about Township's development, the SilverTown is without electricity nor the Soweto where people use bucket poo system. Bwahaha... You must be completely out of your mind to think Townships are better than most Nigeria's cities. You are not well educated enough to know something about the GIANT of Africa and it is time for you to start reading about other countries outside of your fool's paradise. That is the very reason why you aren't exposed. Fat face!

It is a fact that black economic empowerment program is discriminatory against the white minority. It's an idea to take away the wealth from the white people and distribute it to the peasant blacks who cannot make good use of it. They lack the specialty in science fields, trade, Agriculture and just to mention but a few. That is one of the major factors why the EEP couldn't succeed as expected. Instead of your government providing education for the poor black masses it's going about racially motivated program. That is not going to help your economy. Without skill acquisition processes there is no way the black people of that society are going to get anywhere with good development.

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
Msauza:

Who said that we need your visit? We are better off without you.

Sorry! There is no time I have ever admired that country because of the evil of xenophobia and hate. Jeez! What a dangerous place to be !

Accept it from me, I am not going to visit your country. You can eat if you like.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2014
sostoz: Black sa " dogs bark a moving car...if its it dosn't mv the pee on it" it's a nguni proverb. I dnt hate nigeria coz u we dnt undastand each other! And 4 me. U are arogant! Complacent! Mediocre! If we were 2 fall we would hv fall during apartheid and here we are we hosting every african refugee! Coz ur government is corupt.
How many homicide cases are reported today alone in your country? The nation is gradually slipping into a no-go area. I hope the Oscar 'Boko Haram' Pistorious' case has been sorted out. I can assure you that he is going to go Scot-free due to the killing nature of the people of that society. Each time I read about the story I feel very sorry for the family of the beautiful lady, River Steenkamp. A young lady who was murdered in cold blood. What a waste of society.

There is no word to qualify South African blacks. Mediocre is a fair description of their primitiveness. They don't have swag anyway.

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa. South Africa can never be a GIANT of Africa. That is a complete fact!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by sostoz(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2014
Is ur generator on?

3 Likes

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 19, 2014
You are your own fan,that's y you refer yourself as the giant but in reality other people should call u the giant judging from your acts...empty tin makes alot of noise.south Africans will never refer themselves as the giant of Africa because we see other Africans as partners not competitors...

all4naija:
How many homicide cases are reported today alone in your country? The nation is gradually slipping into a no-go area. I hope the Oscar 'Boko Haram' Pistorious' case has been sorted out. I can assure you that he is going to go Scot-free due to the killing nature of the people of that society. Each time I read about the story I feel very sorry for the family of the beautiful lady, River Steenkamp. A young lady who was murdered in cold blood. What a waste of society.

There is no word to qualify South African blacks. Mediocre is a fair description of their primitiveness. They don't have swag anyway.

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa. South Africa can never be a GIANT of Africa. That is a complete fact!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Sostoz
Its a known fact that CRIME is not recorded in Naaigayria. Naaigayrians are found in JAILS all over the WORLD. Am sure All4naija is blogging from jail elsewhere. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Naaigayria is a OVEROPULATED SH8T HOLE with stinking baboons like All4naija wondering around. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2014
I LAUGHED DURING THE WORLD ON SUPERSPORT BLOGGS where Naaigayrians were complaning that they waisted their PETROL to watch Naaigayria.

GENERATOR REPUBLIC where lies, corruption,fraud,419 economics and terrorism etc..rule. Did u know 95% of Naaigayrian women have been PROSTITUTES in their life.

If u GOOGLE Nigerian prostitutes you will see they are smuggled in by their brothers all over the globe. Especially All4naija's nation the IGBO FLAT HEAD, theyr known for S-T-U-P-I-DITY, what u see on TV is reality theyr stu-pid by nature.
grin grin grin grin grin ;DEven during ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE they were known as liars, suicidal and weak lazy bums esp. their men. Hence English imported more of their women than men in New world.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by sostoz(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2014
3 of our big clubs orlando pirate, kaizer chiefs, mamelodi sundowns and 1 small club VITS fc will participate in CAF Champions League (2) & Confedaratios Cup (2) for the first time in history. We will show u, what we made of because we hvnt taken CAF seriously before and that resulted in a weak bafana team so now we want 2 show u what we made of! Plz we not used 2 artificial turf and bad pitches. Last year pirates reachd the finals of Caf CL. 2015 WILL BE A YEAR, africa will c!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
sostoz: Is ur generator on?
Have you made use of bucket poo system? You smelling bottom! angry
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2014
sostoz: 3 of our big clubs orlando pirate, kaizer chiefs, mamelodi sundowns and 1 small club VITS fc will participate in CAF Champions League (2) & Confedaratios Cup (2) for the first time in history. We will show u, what we made of because we hvnt taken CAF seriously before and that resulted in a weak bafana team so now we want 2 show u what we made of! Plz we not used 2 artificial turf and bad pitches. Last year pirates reachd the finals of Caf CL. 2015 WILL BE A YEAR, africa will c!
Your team couldn't show us what they are capable for years and I wonder why it can this time around. Bafana Banana needs its players to eat more bananas to have the strength to play well.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2014
Stinking APE is awake, SWITCH ON UR GENERATOR MOTHERFVCKER AM HERE. grin grin grin
I checked on LIST OF SKYSCRAPERS UNDERCONSTRUCTION IN AFRICA AND PROPOSED AND LAUGHED WHEN I SAW THERES NO EKO MIDGETS.
Your Abuja world trade centre is still SHORTER THAN CARLTON CENTRE, PEARLS DAWN AND MANY OTHER S.A SKYSCRAPERS. Kenya's project under construction is also taller than MIDGET A-boon-ja crap.

ITS A FACT S.A. HAS MANY SKYSCRAPERS IN AFRICA FOLLOWED BY NORTH AFRICAN ARAB STATES. FACT. Not bedroom material Igbo poes.
cool cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2014
Your A-boon-ja world trade centre will be DWARFED by SANDTON INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CENTRE they are clearing the site as we blogg.
Because SANDTON CITY was a suburb this project was delayed because they were had to move the out residents first who stayed in houses first and REZONE THEIR PLOTS FROM RESIDENTIAL TO COMMERCIAL. Am happy they done with this.
grin grin grin

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by sostoz(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guys stop now, tjo
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
all4naija: Your team couldn't show us what they are capable for years and I wonder why it can this time around. Bafana Banana needs its players to eat more bananas to have the strength to play well.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
sostoz: 3 of our big clubs orlando pirate, kaizer chiefs, mamelodi sundowns and 1 small club VITS fc will participate in CAF Champions League (2) & Confedaratios Cup (2) for the first time in history. We will show u, what we made of because we hvnt taken CAF seriously before and that resulted in a weak bafana team so now we want 2 show u what we made of! Plz we not used 2 artificial turf and bad pitches. Last year pirates reachd the finals of Caf CL. 2015 WILL BE A YEAR, africa will c!
Another Euro Africa township mugger, when football is mentioned Y'all supporters of bafumble bayana should just keep shut.
A team that couldn't progress to the round of 16 on home soil at the 2010 world cup, with the same world cup squad they failed to qualify for AFCON 2012grin grin grin. Earlier this year bafumble bayana was walloped and whipped 3-1 cheesy by the Super Eagles home based team at CHAN. So township mugger when football is mentioned just shut up and find a purple pap drinking wh*re to r.ape. Euro Africa is only good at hosting football competition and booing out at the early stage of the tournament, Now get lost riffraff before you get whipped! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
All4naija maybe we should reverse to our butt whipping ways grin, what do you think? These bucket toilet users are beginning to get on my nerves once more.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Msauza(m): 11:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
iconize: All4naija maybe we should reverse to our butt whipping ways grin, what do you think? These bucket toilet users are beginning to get on my nerves once more.

Do you mean sewage toilet users.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by 14(m): 1:05am On Jul 20, 2014
still blowing hot air all4kak,
i am coming to put you to your place

sit down boy
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2014
Msauza:

Do you mean sewage toilet users.
Toilet sanitation in Euro Africa

Introduction
Providing adequate sanitation facilities for the poor remains one of the major challenges in all developing countries. An estimated eighteen 18 million South Africans or three 3 million households do not have access to adequate sanitation facilities. Those who have inadequate sanitation may be using the bucket system, unimproved pit toilets or the veld. In addition there is a disturbing increase in poorly designed or operated water-borne sewerage systems, especially in urban areas.

When sanitation systems fail, or are inadequate, the impact on the health of the community, on the health of others and the negative impact on the environment can be extremely serious as witnessed by the 1.5 million cases annually of diarrhoea in children under the age of 5 and the recent outbreaks of cholera.
Inadequate sanitation facilities and infrastructure combined with unhygienic practices represent South Africa’s sanitation problem. The unhygienic practices are clearly the results of:

lack of health and hygiene awareness;
lack of sanitation facilities
inadequate water supplies;
poor facilities for the safe disposal of waste water and other domestic waste; and
inadequate toilet and hand washing facilities.
In the past, sanitation has been seen primarily as a technical issue (toilet building, providing sewer systems, maintenance etc.) whilst other aspects have been given secondary consideration. It is now recognised that toilets are just one element in a range of factors that make up good sanitation. Community participation in decision-making, improved health of millions of people, safer living environments, greater knowledge of sanitation-related health practices and improved hygiene are just some of the factors that are central to the development of good sanitation services.

For the purpose of this policy it is necessary to define sanitation and also to give guidance on the minimum acceptable basic level of sanitation:      
“Sanitation” refers to the principles and practices relating to the collection, removal or disposal of human excreta, household waste water and refuse as they impact upon people and the environment.  Good sanitation includes appropriate health and hygiene awareness and behaviour, and acceptable, affordable and sustainable sanitation services.
The minimum acceptable basic level of sanitation is:
(a) appropriate health and hygiene awareness and behaviour;
(b) a system for disposing of human excreta, household waste water and refuse, which is acceptable and affordable to the users, safe, hygienic and easily accessible and which does not have an unacceptable impact on the environment; and
(c) a toilet facility for each household.
This policy will focus mainly on the improvement of health and hygiene and the provision of adequate sanitation facilities in households, schools and clinics as well as the collection, removal and disposal of human waste and the related health and hygiene practices.
Health problems associated with poor Sanitation
The most common health problems associated with poor sanitation are:

2 Likes

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2014
AwodwaGyanOniwe: Stinking APE is awake, SWITCH ON UR GENERATOR MOTHERFVCKER AM HERE. grin grin grin
I checked on LIST OF SKYSCRAPERS UNDERCONSTRUCTION IN AFRICA AND PROPOSED AND LAUGHED WHEN I SAW THERES NO EKO MIDGETS.
Your Abuja world trade centre is still SHORTER THAN CARLTON CENTRE, PEARLS DAWN AND MANY OTHER S.A SKYSCRAPERS. Kenya's project under construction is also taller than MIDGET A-boon-ja crap.

ITS A FACT S.A. HAS MANY SKYSCRAPERS IN AFRICA FOLLOWED BY NORTH AFRICAN ARAB STATES. FACT. Not bedroom material Igbo poes.
cool cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin

Jargons.
Write what rational beings like myself can read.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2014
AwodwaGyanOniwe: Sostoz
Its a known fact that CRIME is not recorded in Naaigayria. Naaigayrians are found in JAILS all over the WORLD. Am sure All4naija is blogging from jail elsewhere. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Naaigayria is a OVEROPULATED SH8T HOLE with stinking baboons like All4naija wondering around. grin grin grin
Current Euro Africa crime stats

South African Police Service (SAPS).  It will highlight which crime categories have increased and decreased and explain why these categories are important indicators of the crime challenge facing South Africa.

Crimes that increased

The most notable aspect of the crime statistics for 2012/13 is that the violent crimes that cause the most fear and trauma amongst the public have increased. For the first time in six years there is an increase in both the number and rate of murders and attempted murders. Murder is an important indicator both because it is the most accurate of all crime categories and because it is internationally seen to be an indicator of a country’s stability. There was also a small increase in the number of sexual offences recorded by the police.

The facts about the increases in interpersonal violence are as follows:

Incidents of murder increased from 15 609 murders in 2011/12 to 16 259 murders in 2012/13.
This means that there was an increase of 650 murder cases or a 4,2% increase when comparing the total numbers of murders with the previous year.
This works out to almost two additional murders per day on average during the 2012/13 financial year.
Consequently, our murder rate increased from a total average of 43 murders per day to 45 murders per day.
Using the correct census data for 2011, the murder rate in 2011/12 was 30.3 per 100,000 population and not 30,9 as reported by SAPS in the last reporting period.
The murder rate for 2012/13 stood at 31.3 per 100,000 population which reflects an increase of 2.8% in the rate of murders (not 0.6% as presented officially).
South Africa’s murder rate is therefore about four and a half times higher than the global average of 6.9 murders per 100 000.
Attempted murder cases increased from 14 859 to 16 363, an increase of 10.1%
Attempted murder rates increased by 8,7% in the past year.
Sexual offence cases increased from 64 514 to 66 387, an increase of 2.9%.
Sexual offence rates increased from 125,1 per 100000 to 127,0 per 100000 population an increase of 1.5%.
The crimes above are not easy to reduce through policing alone.  This is because most (around 60% to 70%) of murders, attempted murders and rapes, occur between people who know each other and occur as a result of a mix of particular social and economic factors. These crimes are often referred to by the police as ‘inter-personal’ violent crimes.  Only between 15% and 20% of murders and attempted murders are the result of aggravated robbery while inter-group conflicts and vigilantism make up the rest.

There has also been an increase in robberies in 2012/13, which is a crime that the police can directly reduce through employing effective strategies. Robberies pose a particular concern as they occur when armed perpetrators directly threaten or use violence against their victims in order to steal their belongings. This can result in severe trauma, injury or sometimes death to the victim.  The total number of aggravated robberies reported to the police increased from 101 203 cases to 105 888 cases (an increase of 4 685 cases) or 4.6%.  The aggravated robbery rate increased by 196.2 per 100 000 people  to 202.6 per 100 000 people of which represents an increase of 3.2%.

Total aggravated robbery includes a number of sub-categories, most of which increased in the 2012/13 financial year:

Street or public robberies increased by 2 534 cases to a total of 60 262 incidents. This is 4.4% higher than the 57,728 incidents recorded the previous year. It means that every day on average there were 166 cases of street robbery in 2012/13.
House robberies are reported when people are attacked by armed gangs while they are in their homes. This crimes increased by 7.1% to 17 950 incidents representing an additional 1 184 households being attacked when compared to the previous year.  On average 49 households were attacked each day in 2012/13.
Business robberies increased by 2.7% to 16 377 incidents.  This crime type has consistently increased in the past eight years so it is 345% higher than in 2004/05. There were an additional 426 armed attacks on businesses in 2012/13 as compared to the previous year.
Vehicle hijacking increased by 5.4% to 9 990 incidents. This means that 28 motor vehicles were hijacked every day on average in 2012/13.This is of particular concern given that most of these cases are as a result of organised crime syndicates.
The number of truck hijacking increased by 14,9% from 821 incidents in 2011/2012 to 943 incidents in 2012/2013. As with vehicle hijacking, this crime is generally perpetrated by organised crime syndicates. These increases suggest that organised crime is on the rise in South Africa.
Street-robbery primarily affects poorer people and typically occurs as they travel to and from work, school, shopping or while visiting people. This crime most often happens in quiet streets or overgrown areas as people make their way to or from taxi ranks or bus and train stations.Street robbery decreased at an average rate of 7,2% per annum between 2004/05 and 2008/09. An even larger annual average decrease of 10,4% was recorded in 2009/10 and 2010/11. This changed in 2011/12 when street robbery only decreased by a marginal 2%.

In the years when street robbery was decreasing, the crimes known as the ‘TRIO robberies’ (carjacking, house robbery and business robbery) increased substantially. Between 2004/05 and 2008/09 business robbery had increased by 319%, house robbery by 96% and hijacking by 20%. These crimes drive fear and insecurity as they affect victims in their homes, vehicles and places of work.

SAPS management have explained that improved visible policing reduced street robberies.  The increased visibility was the result of the approximately 10 000 additional police officers that were hired each year on average between 2002/03 and 2009/10. However, the police believe that this had the negative effect of pushing robbers to targeting houses, businesses and vehicles instead. Yet when the police worked hard to improve security in the run-up to the FIFA World Cup, TRIO crimes stabilised. In 2009/10 there was a marginal decrease of 1,5%, for the first time in five years. During the 2010, these crimes  decreased by a very significant 11,8%. But in 2011/12 the decrease in TRIO robberies the decrease was much smaller (1,3%) which suggested that the police were starting to struggle in containing these crimes.

The ‘property related crimes’ refer to categories where property is stolen.  In these crimes there is no threat of violence between a perpetrator and the victim. In most cases, the victim will be unaware that the crime has occurred until they notice their property missing. The categories of property related crimes that increased are as follows:

Residential burglary increased by 6.8% (an additional 16 582 cases) to a total 262 113 incidents in 2012/13.  This means that each day on average 720 households were burgled.
Business burglary increased by 5.1% (an additional 3 589 cases) to a total of 70 041 incidents. This means that each day on average 193 businesses were burgled.
Theft out of and from motor vehicle rate increased by 7% (an additional 9 183 cases) to a total of 130 475 incidents. This means that each day on average 358 vehicles are broken into and property stolen.
Commercial crime incidents (which include a range of crimes including fraud and corruption) increased by 4% (an additional 3 019 cases)  to a total of 91 569 incidents. A single incident can involve tens of millions of Rands.

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Msauza(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2014
iconize:
Current Euro Africa crime stats

South African Police Service (SAPS).  It will highlight which crime categories have increased and decreased and explain why these categories are important indicators of the crime challenge facing South Africa.

Crimes that increased

The most notable aspect of the crime statistics for 2012/13 is that the violent crimes that cause the most fear and trauma amongst the public have increased. For the first time in six years there is an increase in both the number and rate of murders and attempted murders. Murder is an important indicator both because it is the most accurate of all crime categories and because it is internationally seen to be an indicator of a country’s stability. There was also a small increase in the number of sexual offences recorded by the police.

The facts about the increases in interpersonal violence are as follows:

Incidents of murder increased from 15 609 murders in 2011/12 to 16 259 murders in 2012/13.
This means that there was an increase of 650 murder cases or a 4,2% increase when comparing the total numbers of murders with the previous year.
This works out to almost two additional murders per day on average during the 2012/13 financial year.
Consequently, our murder rate increased from a total average of 43 murders per day to 45 murders per day.
Using the correct census data for 2011, the murder rate in 2011/12 was 30.3 per 100,000 population and not 30,9 as reported by SAPS in the last reporting period.
The murder rate for 2012/13 stood at 31.3 per 100,000 population which reflects an increase of 2.8% in the rate of murders (not 0.6% as presented officially).
South Africa’s murder rate is therefore about four and a half times higher than the global average of 6.9 murders per 100 000.
Attempted murder cases increased from 14 859 to 16 363, an increase of 10.1%
Attempted murder rates increased by 8,7% in the past year.
Sexual offence cases increased from 64 514 to 66 387, an increase of 2.9%.
Sexual offence rates increased from 125,1 per 100000 to 127,0 per 100000 population an increase of 1.5%.
The crimes above are not easy to reduce through policing alone.  This is because most (around 60% to 70%) of murders, attempted murders and rapes, occur between people who know each other and occur as a result of a mix of particular social and economic factors. These crimes are often referred to by the police as ‘inter-personal’ violent crimes.  Only between 15% and 20% of murders and attempted murders are the result of aggravated robbery while inter-group conflicts and vigilantism make up the rest.

There has also been an increase in robberies in 2012/13, which is a crime that the police can directly reduce through employing effective strategies. Robberies pose a particular concern as they occur when armed perpetrators directly threaten or use violence against their victims in order to steal their belongings. This can result in severe trauma, injury or sometimes death to the victim.  The total number of aggravated robberies reported to the police increased from 101 203 cases to 105 888 cases (an increase of 4 685 cases) or 4.6%.  The aggravated robbery rate increased by 196.2 per 100 000 people  to 202.6 per 100 000 people of which represents an increase of 3.2%.

Total aggravated robbery includes a number of sub-categories, most of which increased in the 2012/13 financial year:

Street or public robberies increased by 2 534 cases to a total of 60 262 incidents. This is 4.4% higher than the 57,728 incidents recorded the previous year. It means that every day on average there were 166 cases of street robbery in 2012/13.
House robberies are reported when people are attacked by armed gangs while they are in their homes. This crimes increased by 7.1% to 17 950 incidents representing an additional 1 184 households being attacked when compared to the previous year.  On average 49 households were attacked each day in 2012/13.
Business robberies increased by 2.7% to 16 377 incidents.  This crime type has consistently increased in the past eight years so it is 345% higher than in 2004/05. There were an additional 426 armed attacks on businesses in 2012/13 as compared to the previous year.
Vehicle hijacking increased by 5.4% to 9 990 incidents. This means that 28 motor vehicles were hijacked every day on average in 2012/13.This is of particular concern given that most of these cases are as a result of organised crime syndicates.
The number of truck hijacking increased by 14,9% from 821 incidents in 2011/2012 to 943 incidents in 2012/2013. As with vehicle hijacking, this crime is generally perpetrated by organised crime syndicates. These increases suggest that organised crime is on the rise in South Africa.
Street-robbery primarily affects poorer people and typically occurs as they travel to and from work, school, shopping or while visiting people. This crime most often happens in quiet streets or overgrown areas as people make their way to or from taxi ranks or bus and train stations.Street robbery decreased at an average rate of 7,2% per annum between 2004/05 and 2008/09. An even larger annual average decrease of 10,4% was recorded in 2009/10 and 2010/11. This changed in 2011/12 when street robbery only decreased by a marginal 2%.

In the years when street robbery was decreasing, the crimes known as the ‘TRIO robberies’ (carjacking, house robbery and business robbery) increased substantially. Between 2004/05 and 2008/09 business robbery had increased by 319%, house robbery by 96% and hijacking by 20%. These crimes drive fear and insecurity as they affect victims in their homes, vehicles and places of work.

SAPS management have explained that improved visible policing reduced street robberies.  The increased visibility was the result of the approximately 10 000 additional police officers that were hired each year on average between 2002/03 and 2009/10. However, the police believe that this had the negative effect of pushing robbers to targeting houses, businesses and vehicles instead. Yet when the police worked hard to improve security in the run-up to the FIFA World Cup, TRIO crimes stabilised. In 2009/10 there was a marginal decrease of 1,5%, for the first time in five years. During the 2010, these crimes  decreased by a very significant 11,8%. But in 2011/12 the decrease in TRIO robberies the decrease was much smaller (1,3%) which suggested that the police were starting to struggle in containing these crimes.

The ‘property related crimes’ refer to categories where property is stolen.  In these crimes there is no threat of violence between a perpetrator and the victim. In most cases, the victim will be unaware that the crime has occurred until they notice their property missing. The categories of property related crimes that increased are as follows:

Residential burglary increased by 6.8% (an additional 16 582 cases) to a total 262 113 incidents in 2012/13.  This means that each day on average 720 households were burgled.
Business burglary increased by 5.1% (an additional 3 589 cases) to a total of 70 041 incidents. This means that each day on average 193 businesses were burgled.
Theft out of and from motor vehicle rate increased by 7% (an additional 9 183 cases) to a total of 130 475 incidents. This means that each day on average 358 vehicles are broken into and property stolen.
Commercial crime incidents (which include a range of crimes including fraud and corruption) increased by 4% (an additional 3 019 cases)  to a total of 91 569 incidents. A single incident can involve tens of millions of Rands.

Bwahahahaha!!! All that you have just mentioned is pretty much better than all atrocious acts that take toll on Nigerians in the name of [size=16pt] BOKO HARAM[/size]. Bwahahahahahaha!!!
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by Msauza(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2014
iconize:
Toilet sanitation in Euro Africa

Introduction
Providing adequate sanitation facilities for the poor remains one of the major challenges in all developing countries. An estimated eighteen 18 million South Africans or three 3 million households do not have access to adequate sanitation facilities. Those who have inadequate sanitation may be using the bucket system, unimproved pit toilets or the veld. In addition there is a disturbing increase in poorly designed or operated water-borne sewerage systems, especially in urban areas.

When sanitation systems fail, or are inadequate, the impact on the health of the community, on the health of others and the negative impact on the environment can be extremely serious as witnessed by the 1.5 million cases annually of diarrhoea in children under the age of 5 and the recent outbreaks of cholera.
Inadequate sanitation facilities and infrastructure combined with unhygienic practices represent South Africa’s sanitation problem. The unhygienic practices are clearly the results of:

lack of health and hygiene awareness;
lack of sanitation facilities
inadequate water supplies;
poor facilities for the safe disposal of waste water and other domestic waste; and
inadequate toilet and hand washing facilities.
In the past, sanitation has been seen primarily as a technical issue (toilet building, providing sewer systems, maintenance etc.) whilst other aspects have been given secondary consideration. It is now recognised that toilets are just one element in a range of factors that make up good sanitation. Community participation in decision-making, improved health of millions of people, safer living environments, greater knowledge of sanitation-related health practices and improved hygiene are just some of the factors that are central to the development of good sanitation services.

For the purpose of this policy it is necessary to define sanitation and also to give guidance on the minimum acceptable basic level of sanitation:      
“Sanitation” refers to the principles and practices relating to the collection, removal or disposal of human excreta, household waste water and refuse as they impact upon people and the environment.  Good sanitation includes appropriate health and hygiene awareness and behaviour, and acceptable, affordable and sustainable sanitation services.
The minimum acceptable basic level of sanitation is:
(a) appropriate health and hygiene awareness and behaviour;
(b) a system for disposing of human excreta, household waste water and refuse, which is acceptable and affordable to the users, safe, hygienic and easily accessible and which does not have an unacceptable impact on the environment; and
(c) a toilet facility for each household.
This policy will focus mainly on the improvement of health and hygiene and the provision of adequate sanitation facilities in households, schools and clinics as well as the collection, removal and disposal of human waste and the related health and hygiene practices.
Health problems associated with poor Sanitation
The most common health problems associated with poor sanitation are:

Don't bring old rotten news and present them as if they are recent. South Africa is the only country in Africa with better infrastructure. Our townships are fully equipped with sewage system. We don't relieve ourself in bushes and in pit tolilets like what more than 160 million of your population do. We have the basics like tarred roads, sewage, refuse removal, street lights, tap water in our households, etc.

Don't ever compare Nigeria and South Africa in terms of basic services, you don't even come any close. Having been in Nigeria myself for long enough I have realised that Nigeria lag SA behind with basic services and that it will take them 100years to be on par with the gap that SA already impacted.
Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Msauza:

Don't bring old rotten news and present them as if they are recent. South Africa is the only country in Africa with better infrastructure. Our townships are fully equipped with sewage system. We don't relieve ourself in bushes and in pit tolilets like what more than 160 million of your population do. We have the basics like tarred roads, sewage, refuse removal, street lights, tap water in our households, etc.

Don't ever compare Nigeria and South Africa in terms of basic services, you don't even come any close. Having been in Nigeria myself for long enough I have realised that Nigeria lag SA behind with basic services and that it will take them 100years to be on par with the gap that SA already impacted.
Your dumbness if measured in watts would blow up an entire nation cheesy.
Counter me with facts not unsubstantiated gibberish, in Nigeria we don't poo in buckets like Y'all primitive molesters.
Many have died and many infected because of your poor toilet sanitation system, read below mugger.

Boy dies after falling into pit toilet cheesy

Limpopo -

A 6-year-old boy fell into a pit toilet and died at a school in Limpopo on Monday.

The Grade R pupil at Mahlodumela Primary School in Chebeng village, outside Polokwane, had gone to relieve himself during break time and did not return to class.

Police spokesman Mothemane Malefo confirmed that an inquest docket had been opened.

Teachers started a frantic search after realising the boy was missing.

“Apparently, they were alerted by another child that (the 6-year-old) had fallen into the pit toilet,” said Malefo.

“Members of the community helped to take him out and we also arrived, but unfortunately it was (too) late,” said Malefo.

DA provincial leader Jacques Smalle described the incident as unacceptable. “This is the shocking reality faced by our most vulnerable learners during school time. I am heartbroken by this terrible incident,” said Smalle.

He has called for a full and expeditious inquiry into the boy’s death.

“There are serious questions about the role and responsibility of the teachers at this school, as well as the infrastructure at this school.”

Bunch of primitive pit and bucket toilet users. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Would South Africa Be Without White People? by iconize(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Msauza:

Bwahahahaha!!! All that you have just mentioned is pretty much better than all atrocious acts that take toll on Nigerians in the name of [size=16pt] BOKO HARAM[/size]. Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Dumbo, Boko haram menace is only limited to some few states in the north, can that be said about 'Euro Africa united association of rap..ists and muggers'?
Rape is an Euro Africa phenomenon. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (162)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / Gov. / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.