Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,225 members, 7,974,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:17 PM

Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack (14595 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by debit: 8:24am On Mar 23, 2012
@ Arouser,word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Godmann(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2012
Arouser:

Let me put it to you this way Mr. Retarded, The worst form of democracy is better than the best millitary regime. It seems your dad is in the army and is thinking of messing up with Naija's democracy. Well i doubt if hi shitty brains can carry him that far. slowpoke!

In one or two sentence, can you name a military government that GEJ's government is better than?

Me, I will vote for a military coup to clean up Nigeria.

If the coup is led by officer at teh rank of Major and below, bet me it will be well-motivated for the good of the nation because most officers at that level is yet to be corrupted. But beware of any coup lead by a General, whether Brigadier, Major General or higher. Those at that level have been so much corrupted.

We need a clean up of the PDP, ACN and the Ashawo parties we have in Nigeria. And we need it fast.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by lacasa: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
Gej n Naiija next

We r tired of the "Fresh air"
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
Where the hell is Mali?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by chiezimah(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
What is the difference between the worst democracy and a military rule. I wonder where people get such slang r whatever it is called. A bad government is a bad govt. Whether military or otherwise and a bad govt should be removed. If nt by votng them out (which is almost impossible as they keep out-rigging the opposition), then the barrel of the gun is the only option left.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
Arouser:

Let me put it to you this way Mr. Retarded, The worst form of democracy is better than the best millitary regime. It seems your dad is in the army and is thinking of messing up with Naija's democracy. Well i doubt if hi shitty brains can carry him that far. slowpoke!
No offence but ure very vey Stoopid. U make a slowpoke sound like a professor for real and Id advise anyone jawing with u @ this point to give up & stop casting his pearls at swine. In fact that some1 can be as stpid as U is a mystery. Infact ure the 8th wonder of the modern world.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by EagleNest(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nigeria is simply unfortunate!
Military helped Ghana evolve it's democracy.In Nigeria case, it failed woefully
Civilian Democracy helped South Africa & Botswana to stand strong. In Nigeria case, it failed terribly
Which way Nigeria? May be we should shut-down this country and send everyone out. When we are out, sufferred, learnt and ready we can then come back (like Israel) and start all over again.
This is not life we are living!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by faithin9ja: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
@Godman
In one or two sentence, can you name a military government that GEJ's government is better than?

Me, I will vote for a military coup to clean up Nigeria.

If the coup is led by officer at teh rank of Major and below, bet me it will be well-motivated for the good of the nation because most officers at that level is yet to be corrupted. But beware of any coup lead by a General, whether Brigadier, Major General or higher. Those at that level have been so much corrupted.
[color=#006600][/color]

You obviously have not thought this through; you cannot vote for military, you cannot even support military, you just accept whatever the man with the gun, the gun you paid for, you just do whatever he tells you. You have no way of knowing the good or bad military - I ask you; any military man you know personally, do you think this person should rule you? You say majors and below, how many majors and lieutenants do you know that you will gladly give your life and salary to run your life.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Olaolufred(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
talknafree: Is it not the same use-less president that went to marry a lady young enough to be his grand daughter and paying N21million (equivalent) for pride price.

Make them shoot him 3rd leg commot come hang am upside down for tree.

Next is Nig*****

This is what should happen to countries governed by clueless and corrupt leaders.

THANKS FOR SAYING THAT NIGERIA IS NEXT.
TO THAT,I CONCOR.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Olaolufred(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2012
fork adict:

You couldnt have said it better. They feel because the world is against dictatorship, they can continue to loot their country's treasuries and continue to act corruptly and irresponsibly and cluelessly. Na God go punish the bas.tards

THANKS,NO TRUTH CAN BE BETTER SAID THAN THIS.
NIGERIA IS THE NEXT BY GOD'S GRACE.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Olaolufred(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Arouser:

So you are supporting a coup? It is obvious you lack life experience and good judgement. Ewu!

The type Jerry Rawlings executed in Ghana.
Which turn the proverb,"Ghana must go" of 20th century to "Nigerian must go" in 21st century.
Isn't that good for Naijeriya?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Baawaa(m): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
Arouser:

You are a useless politician!!Dont worry you people should continues in your ways,very soon nemesis will soon catch you up
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Baawaa(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
kulutempa: My conclusion after reading all the posts above is that Nigerians are suckers and have very short memories. For those clamoring for military rule I will ask you one question and I hope you can give a honest answer.
The question is: What difference has more than 30 years of military rule made to Nigeria?

Answer the question yourself.What we are saying is that this democracy did not better the military regime

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
e-herbal:
on point my man.During Marwa's regime,there were no area boys or miscreants on the streets of Lagos.He. Rehabilitated them through skill acquisition and kept them of the streets.Agberos were non existent and security was guaranteed.It was Fashola's godfather,Tinubu,that unleashed those nuisance on us on assumption of office.He and Fashola is now their grand patron as they use the scoundrels as foot soldiers during elections and annihilation of perceived enemies.Till now Fashola has not addressed the issue of gang war that has ravaged Lagos Island,Oshodi,Mushin,Fadeyi,and reecently,Lawanson,which has cost the lives of close to 20people.

Abeg tell that bast.ard all4naija id.iot o. Its now so bad in lagos that if you even go and buy something conspicuous in any market on the island, or if you are driving your new or tokunbo ride without number plates home jeje the way those murraforkers go tax you ehn? One will wonder since when it became a crime for someone to buy something.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Baawaa(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
Demoore: Please for all those that don't know what a coup is or what it can cause please refer to Nigeria's 1967 - 1970 civil war. Nigeria lost about 200,000 Nigerians and 1,000,000 million 'Biafrans' (mostly women and children) during the war.

A coup is certainly not the best way to go. The Military are better geared to defend the country not rule or govern it.

Nigeria as a nation is still suffering the effect of its bloody civil war. The NYSC was instituted after the civil in attempt to foster national unity.

Excerpts from NYSC website: ''The ultimate objective of the NYSC Scheme is to achieve national unity through mobihisation of the Youths of this country for service in the N'YSC Scheme. Corps members are to be exposed to life in other parts of the country and to learn at first hand the many similarities anddiversities of culture and traditions of the various ethnic groups in the country with a view to eliminating any inherent prejudices etc. Corps members therefore have no choice as to where they would like to serve.Corp Members are discouraged from lobbying for choice stations.''

Please please and please do not wish for what you no little about.

Revolution sounds good till its your father, mother, brother or sister that's dragged out of the house and shot or raped and then shot!

My brother,if this country is manage properly no one will be talking of revolution.When people were fed up that is when they think of alternative means.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
chiezimah: What is the difference between the worst democracy and a military rule. I wonder where people get such slang r whatever it is called. A bad government is a bad govt. Whether military or otherwise and a bad govt should be removed. If nt by votng them out (which is almost impossible as they keep out-rigging the opposition), then the barrel of the gun is the only option left.

God bless you maguy for this. You sound like a real nigerian who understands that corrupt, clueless and wicked government only impoverish nigerians. And some i.diot 9all4naija) just because he's lucky not to have been deported from UK comes here telling us to embrace the kind of democracy being practised in naija.

Meanwhile i even have thousands of issues with naija's democracy. One the idio.ts that drafted the 1999 constitution just copied the presidential system of democracy from the west and imposed it on us verbatim. Those guys no use dem heads at all. They ought to have modified it to suit the nigerian situation. For example we do not need to have 2 Houses. One house either the senate or house of reps is enough. Afterall how many hours in the year do they have any meaningful sittings? How many useful and relevant acts have they passed to law in thirteen years? Second, they should have pegged their salaries and allowances to less than 5% of our annual national budget as against the current 25% they enjoy. Occupiers of positions in authority should be their to serve. Naija is the only country in the world where occupiers of public office are turned instant multi millionaires and feed fat on the nation.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Kolababa: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
It is true that tje worst democracy is better than the best military regime. The only difference between Democracy and the military is the that democracy respects the power of ballot box while military respects the power of gun. What do we have in Nigeria? They subverts the power of ballot box through rigging and send police and army out to deal with anybody that protests.
We only have Civil Rule in Nigeria and the best military government is better than the worst civil rule in Nigeria.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
all4naija: slowpoke. Stark raving m.o.r.o.n suffering from Parkinson is trying to act smart. Deport me from my mother's land? Nigeria is my father's land and there is nothing wrong about that other than you stupid nitwit with a brain as small as that of a mosquito. Go get yourself a cyanide because you are a disgrace to humanity.

Which your mother's land? God go punish you for that statement. After your papa (wey dey eat senators nyash for abuja) and those bast.ard senators don run naija down you con dey claim say UK na your motherland. You pack your load run go UK. Con dey preach say naija democracy na the best in the world. UK authorities ought to single you out and deport you alone. na dead body you go wash tire for that Uk wey you dey so. You never jam.

We dey naija dey hustle life jeje, we dey rough the life dey hope say e go better. we con dey shout say our politicians no rule us well. You dey tell us say make we like them by force. Na God go punish you!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
I repeat: where in the devil's pants is Mali, and why should we concern ourselves with them?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Ayowumie(m): 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
andrewza: They are a disgrace to there uniform and have betrayed there nation. There Is a special place in hell for people who betray there nation like this.

So what if a country is been run badly. It is a civilian matter. The only time a coup is acceptable is when the government becomes a directed threat to the people, land and constitution.

I didn't intend to reply to this post until i came across the above.
@andrewza, don't you think you are contradicting yourself except of course if your "been run badly" refers to 'leadership be excellence'?

When a country is been run badly, don't you think it is a threat to the constitution and the people?
Take an instance from Somalia. In political science, it is a famous and clear description of what a 'theoretical failed' nation depicts.
Why?
The reason is because the government has failed in so many ways and it seems to have lost the machinery of government.
I think you should think about your post and pin point what exactly you meant.

Generally speaking, I don't subscribe to the assertion that a coup ALWAYS AND ABSOLUTELY BRINGS A NATION BACKWARD.
That's a total lie. Nothing is ever absolute.
Theoretically, such assertion does not hold water; practically, it is a lie. Check Cuba under Fidel Castro; Nigeria under Murtala.

Am not trying to justify any coup, am only saying that neither can any body justify uncivil and repressive democracy.
When a man is pushed to the wall, he either must die or fight back (in any case one must lead to the other). The right path lies in what your definitions of rights and wrongs are.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Humblesam(m): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
I see. 'The worst form of democracy is better than the best military regime.' How will that not be so, when your father and mother are in abuja milking naija dry and you are enjoying the loot. How will you not make such idi.otic comment?Bloody parasitic child and parasitic parents. Surviving on naija. No wonder you lot are so scared of naija having an honest leader who will try you all and have you jailed or executed cos of your corrupt practices. Barrawo banza No mind that guy.

I see. 'The worst form of democracy is better than the best military regime.' How will that not be so, when your father and mother are in abuja milking naija dry and you are enjoying the loot. How will you not make such idi.otic comment?Bloody parasitic child and parasitic parents. Surviving on naija. No wonder you lot are so scared of naija having an honest leader who will try you all and have you jailed or executed cos of your corrupt practices. Barrawo banza No mind that guy.

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ayowumie:

I didn't intend to reply to this post until i came across the above.
@andrewza, don't you think you are contradicting yourself except of course if your "been run badly" refers to 'leadership be excellence'?

When a country is been run badly, don't you think it is a threat to the constitution and the people?
Take an instance from Somalia. In political science, it is a famous and clear description of what a 'theoretical failed' nation depicts.
Why?
The reason is because the government has failed in so many ways and it seems to have lost the machinery of government.
I think you should think about your post and pin point what exactly you meant.

Generally speaking, I don't subscribe to the assertion that a coup ALWAYS AND ABSOLUTELY BRINGS A NATION BACKWARD.
That's a total lie. Nothing is ever absolute.
Theoretically, such assertion does not hold water; practically, it is a lie. Check Cuba under Fidel Castro; Nigeria under Murtala.

Am not trying to justify any coup, am only saying that neither can any body justify uncivil and repressive democracy.
When a man is pushed to the wall, he either must die or fight back (in any case one must lead to the other). The right path lies in what your definitions of rights and wrongs are.

A threat and direct threat has a different meaning.

Tony blare made many poor decisions a big one being supporting a invasion of Iraq. Did he need a coup no. He got voted out because he went against the will of the people.

Robert Mugabe is a direct threat, his action have led to the death of many of his people.

I am not saying the military should sit by and let a rogue leader destroy there country. But lets look at libya, many solders joined the rebel forces but at no time was it a coup, it was a civilian uprising that solders joined. I saw no civilians demanding a uprising in Mali.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by lacasa: 4:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
Olaolufred:

The type Jerry Rawlings executed in Ghana.
Which turn the proverb,"Ghana must go" of 20th century to "Nigerian must go" in 21st century.
Isn't that good for Naijeriya?

U. Make sense. Pass ol d noisemakers wey dey here
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by 1025: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2012
can't nigerian soldiers(if at all we have any) learn from this mali soldiers? we need an escape route from these branded criminals called pdp. at least, the worst military govt is 200% better than the best of pdp.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 24, 2012
1025: can't nigerian soldiers(if at all we have any) learn from this mali soldiers? we need an escape route from these branded criminals called pdp. at least, the worst military govt is 200% better than the best of pdp.
Stop being a nuisance!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Faheedat: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2012
Tin Can Customs intercepts army uniform, accessories

From Sun Newspaper on Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Tin Can Command Apapa, Lagos has impounded a consignment of army uniforms and accessories neatly concealed in the booth of a vehicle in a container originating from the United State of America.
Nehru Is Maimed, the Area Comptroller of the Command, told maritime journalists yesterday that his men discovered the items during one of their routine checks on Thursday and that the manner the items were brought in made it suspicious, as it was not declared as part of the main cargo.

Among the items discovered, he said, were 10 army uniforms, six trousers, 10 pair of canvas shoes, 17 army fez caps, two belts and two slippers. The container, from the United States of America, has its registration number as ECMU 920690/0.
The comptroller said that both the importer of the container and the owner of the army accessories are under custody, while investigation is on to ascertain the actual circumstances under which the items were imported.

WHERE ARE WE GOING FROM HERE AND GEJ SAID WE ARE SAVE HOW??
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by wowo2: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
Some want this, others want that. No one has a say in what it will be - this or that.
So why bother about wishing at all when your opinion counts not.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
Seems some high ranking south african diplomats are stranded in the capital. There is a fear the coup does not have 100% support and a civil war may start. And you know the rebels will just love that.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by aurenflani: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2012
WHO IS THIS GUY THAT IS ATTRIBUTING EVERY BAD THING TO THE NORTH OF ALL COUNTRIES? THE FIRST COUP IN NIGERIA AND WHICH WAS THE BLOODIEST AND ETHNICALLY MOTIVATED WAS CARRIED OUT BY SOME NONENTITIES FROM THE SOUTHERN PART. ALL THE BLOODLEST COUPS WERE DONE BY SOLDIERS FROM THE NORTHERN PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY. IF YOU HAVE A THING AGAINST THE NORTH SAY IT CORRECTLY BECAUSE THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM AND NOT EVERYBODY IS A BIGOT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush / U.S. Vs. Russia Meme Thread / US Congress Passes Bill To Sanction ICC As It Seeks Arrest Warrant For Netanyahu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.