Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform (1579 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Thug With Military-Police Uniform Arrested / Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948 (PHOTO) / Lagos, 20 Other States Get New Police Commissioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by beeke(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2012
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, was on the front pages of some national newspapers last week, decked in military-style camouflage uniform that he introduced to the nation as a new operational uniform of the police. The police top boss said the idea for a new police uniform, which he claimed to be test-running, is in line with the transformation agenda of the Federal Government. It is also a part of the plan of the police hierarchy to reform the image of the force, and it has the approval of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by maclatunji: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
Funny! Cute picture though.
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by beeke(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
I wonder how a uniform will transform the Nigeria Police image, will it stop them from extra judicial killings or their trademark of collecting N20 on the high ways, is this uniform going to change the police orientation of using force against helpless citizens will this uniform change police attitude in responding to a distress call by Nigerians will it aid in fighting the now deadly virus known as Boko Haram. so many questions to ask and no one to answer. Nigeria is indeed in trouble
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by beeke(m): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2012
Those trophies in the back ground is an award for what? because since i was born and now that am getting old i have never seen nor heard any positive things done by our men in black that deserve an award shocked shocked shocked
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
This makes no sense. Are they trying to merge with the armed forces?
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by gulfer: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
beeke: Those trophies in the back ground is an award for what? because since i was born and now that am getting old i have never seen nor heard any positive things done by our men in black that deserve an award shocked shocked shocked
Award for killings before getting to the IGP post. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by terrifikjo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2012
mehn dis really sucks!!!
maybe their heart is too black that's why they're going fo a re branding!!
Buh wats really behind the change of uniform, i mean the reason??
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2012
terrifikjo: mehn dis really sucks!!!

@bolded, Why? To look cute of course, can't you see how cute (almost angelic) the Inspector General looks?
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by terrifikjo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, Why? To look cute of course, can't you see how cute (almost angelic) the Inspector General looks?
fenk God u said almost Angelic coz they'll neva be Angelic!!
may u shud tell me the FG wants them to look more rugged..
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by beeke(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
terrifikjo: mehn dis really sucks!!!
the only reason is GREED and GREED alone, do you know how many billions of naira that will fly into private pockets for this senseless venture. the minister in-charge of police affairs can price any house of choice in UK, US, and in EU after the award of this contract, d IGP and other high ranking police officer will be brushing shoulders with Dangote if they pull this one through not even our Presido will be left out of the windfall
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by Bawss1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2012
I wouldn't call this a misplaced priority. Anything that will help improve the police's performance and how they are perceived by Nigerian citizens should be welcomed and implemented as soon as possible. The whole darn force should be overhauled right down from their uniforms to their hardware and on to their mode of operation. We need a smart looking, well equipped and properly trained police force to deal with the 21st century challenges of crime and security in Nigeria.

Change their present uniforms I say, its about time!
Re: Misplaced Priority: IGP Introduced Military Camouflage As New Police Uniform by beeke(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Bawss1: I wouldn't call this a misplaced priority. Anything that will help improve the police's performance and how they are perceived by Nigerian citizens should be welcomed and implemented as soon as possible. The whole darn force should be overhauled right down from their uniforms to their hardware and on to their mode of operation. We need a smart looking, well equipped and properly trained police force to deal with the 21st century challenges of crime and security in Nigeria.

Change their present uniforms I say, its about time!
So if you are an MD where you control a large sets of workers and you all along knew that the system in place encourages corruption and other vices do you my good friend propose a change in your workers uniform as the first bold step to fight the scourge, is it possible that after you change that uniform to a more gorgeous ones that the corrupt among them will change over time becos Oga don change our uniform.

(1) (Reply)

How ACN Govt Shares Our Money To Members In Osun / We Didn’t Sell Ribadu’s Presidency Bid For N16bn – ACN / Lamido Sanusi: General Overseer Accountable Only To The Gods PART 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.