Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,170 members, 7,903,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (68968 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Pacee: 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
Bn marrid almst 3yrs nw.knew huby 4 almst 9yrs b4 marriage.lst 6mnths was heaven n anxiety b4 conceptn.2yrs back hell.sicknes,high bp,lnlaw showd me pepper.buzn in/out.commandn my huby like a 5mnth child.wantn d whole family to li ve wt us.draining d litle moni we ve.we spend 4 al.litle 4 our self etc.bt in al my huby eva loving,n faithful.and me vowing to my self dt ds marriage mustn't crash.to u al,jst hold on.dnt give up.hope 4 better days.remember hw u lst met.n cling to dt memory 4 eva.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Agbenyiess(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
My First year in marriage, it was fun and it is still fun. My wife was virtually a virgin-in all things (if you know what I mean) when I married her. At first it was frustrating, but when I saw her teachability, we took time to begin to learn and grow together. We have not ague or quarrel so to say, any time am angry and blowing hot, she will just keep quite and patiently Waite for me to cool-down ( I love her for that, as that has help strengthen our relationship), and then she will apologize for her action and try to adjust. She use to call her mum about everything, I had to put my foot on the ground for that to stop. Of course she could call her mum as much as she want but not on issue that pertain to the family, especially the ones we could handle. In marriage, I learnt about how delicate female emotion is and ensure I protect my wife’s. It breaks my heart when I see her cry (even though it’s the most cherished hubby of women), I also leant how analytical and meticulous women are in their thinking. I take advantage of my wife’s a lot (you need to have a concrete plan of vision, then ask them to think it through for you and at the end you will clearly see all the advantages and disadvantages) and it has save me from a lot of errors. Generally marriage is fun, if you married the right person and not your fellow man. Singles, stop testing the waters, plunge in, and you won’t drown… Our most challenging expeirnce was when we had our first child, it was thru CS, and was very challenging I thought, it was not going to end. I thank God for saving her life and giver her unusual strength.[[color=#000099][/color]

37 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sashaa(f): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
Woww, great thread. I cant wait to meet 'HIM' and be married too!

7 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dominionangel: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
nyc thread. am learning nd hope no mata d storms, il ovacome. thumbs up poster
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
The best thread... Thanks to OP! Men should please share their experiences, so that i personally can learn something from them. I am so afraid of marriage because of the women's nagging lifestyle. I want to ask a question: can a woman change and become better within the 1st one year of marriage? Please! I really want to know cos i am leaving someone because of her nagging attitude. Thanks OP!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sirt1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2012
God bless you OP... this is one of the best thread so far this year.

I kinda love the responses.... looking up to that day. May God help me.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
Oh WOW THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR CONTRIBUTING. THIS THREAD MEANS A LOT TO ME. THIS MARRIAGE LIFE NOR EASY OOO LOL.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by baroong: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nice thread. I am learning a lot. Patience and Perseverance.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by modele2: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
;DMy first year was horrible. We quarelled alot, he seemed so aloof, like he was punishing me for something.I was a virgin and had lot of fantasy ideas, the guy was just ignoring me. He loved to go out and leave me alone even when i was heavily pregnant. I really had to look inwards to see what i was doing wrongly. Well as someone else said, dont marry another man, later i got to know that was how my husband percieved me as too strong willed and strong headed, that i was dragging position with him. IT was funny becos i really didnt feel so.

2nd year i got the message. and put on a 'respect thy husband cap' and got much better results from my man. Were happy now and we sometimes remember that first year and laugh.

14 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ZUBY77(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
Week 5 - Mrs zubby and i visited the village amidst heavy welcome from my family. She recieved more hugs and attention than me which made me wonder if those people realized that their envelops are still in the custody of the new family member. We were served fufu and soup which mrs zubby swallowed like there was nothing better than fufu, forgeting that it was usually fried rice and ice cream during the days i was trying to convince her that i am the right guy.... She actually selected a girl from my extended family to come and live with us without my approval. Who am i to object, since i could not retrieve our envelops.

Week 6 - my hand was violently pulled away from her body because i declined to discuss about wedding. Hmm i being who i am, i told her that she cannot force me to discuss what i am not ready for. Well she made the decission, that there will be no more touching until i tell her when we will be heading for the alter.

9 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by nkemmu(f): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
God when will You give me 'the first year of ma marriage story to tell'? with all these stories, i just fell like getting married.woow!!

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by LongOne1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Hmm, interesting topic and comments, still single but this is inspiring, as some people are obviously getting it right.

Would not say I am scared, more of ‘resigned to fate’ ‘cos I know it’s something I’ll have to do eventually. Luckily, the parents haven’t started stressing yet, just one Aunt that won’t let me be.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Killz3(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
rabzy: Five Months in and going steady, no quarrels at all, both of us respects each other, i have grown to know her for 5 yrs before wedding and i know when she is about to get in a mood and how to handle it, then she has stopped all those things that use to frustrate me during the courtship which has made it also very smooth for us, tho she told me she throws those tantrums, because she misses me and wants to get my attention. Now she has my full attention 24 hours and all those things have fizzled away.

Its been a beautiful 6 months, though i miss going out to watch my matches in the midst of all the crazy football fans and talking myself hoarse, she has banned it.
cry

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by r231(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
Loading. . . . . .
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Killz3(m): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
ZUBY77: My first one week, i was busy blaming those who didn't attend the marriage ceremony.
Then the second week, i recalled that we recieved some envelops from people with money inside all of them. Then i approached mrs zuby who was in custody of the envelopes for us to check how rich we have beçome only to be told that the job has been done already by her and her mother. The reason being that they didnt want to stress me by inviting me to count money.cheesy igbo girls.

Third week, i was busy thinking about the best way to tell mrs zuby to go back to her parents until she puts all the money back to the envelops exactly the way it was.
Fourth week, i devised a plan to make her pay for the petrol for our generator. She likes electricity so much. So i will check the generator every morning and each time the petrol is finished, i will stay outside until 8am, by then she must have called to remind me what i already knew. And i will tell her to drive to the station and buy petrol. Now the money from the envelop is going down fast and she is complaining.

Aside this little envelop adventure, we are happy people.
Wicked man. . . grin

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Killz3(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
ZUBY77: Week 5 - Mrs zubby and i visited the village amidst heavy welcome from my family. She recieved more hugs and attention than me which made me wonder if those people realized that their envelops are still in the custody of the new family member. We were served fufu and soup which mrs zubby swallowed like there was nothing better than fufu, forgeting that it was usually fried rice and ice ream during the days i was trying to convince her that i am the right guy.... She actually selected a girl from my extended family to come and live with us without my approval. Who am i to object, since i could not retrieve our envelops.

DIES! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by chyket(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2012
very very blissful

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by abakiki(f): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
Loving this thread and am learning so much. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2012
Sagamite:

I think the husband should have a brain to tell them to piss off.

Tradition/culture my arse.

I dare anybody to come and try that shyt with me.

[Shakes head]

Na tradition dem dey follow na. undecided
I quite agree with your comment. Some people can be so funny abt dis cukture/tradition brohaha. For me, I value culture but if there are some aspects of culture that do not seem ok to me in relation to my well-being and peace of mind, I discard at once.

Thank GOD for my family. Once you are married, na only you and ur better half. No one will come to interfere in your marriage or household. We respect people's privacy and marriages

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ZUBY77(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
Week 7, 8, 9 passed without much except that i prepared stew one Sunday. I encouraged Mrs zubby to go out with three of my friends, 1 male and two females, which she did.
I prepared the stew before she returned and she was like: where did you learn how to do this, not knowing that i lived alone for 4 years in Berlin Germany and Lisbon Portugal cooking all my foods by myself. I guess she upped her respect for me from that day on. Cos she cooks our meals these days without any shakara.
Week 10 - we went to Tinapa in Calabar for a week self-imposed holiday/honeymoon. Madam, as i fondly call her, was the happiest woman on earth because of the holiday. I think the only downside was that we did not travel with either her mum or girlfriend who would have witnessed all the gooddies instead of hearing them from her. Strange world.

Week 11, the best week, She came up with this shocking news about missing her period. I looked everywhere with torch and candle but couldnt find it for her. That was the greatest news i have heard in a long time.

31 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
Jenny, I am grin just keeping a low profile, no tell anyone.
Nkem is too and will be commissioned soon.
so we both carry guns grin grin for Uncle Sam.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Dyt(f): 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
ZUBY77: Week 7, 8, 9 passed without much except that i prepared stew one Sunday. I encouraged Mrs zubby to go out with three of my friends, 1 male and two females, which she did.
I prepared the stew before she returned and she was like: where did you learn how to do this, not knowing that i lived alone for 4 years in Berlin Germany and Lisbon Portugal cooking all my foods by myself. I guess she upped her respect for me from that day on. Cos she cooks our meals these days without any shakara.
Week 10 - we went to Tinapa in Calabar for a week self-imposed holiday/honeymoon. Madam, as i fondly call her, was the happiest woman on earth because of the holiday. I think the only downside was that we did not travel with either her mum or girlfriend who would have witnessed all the gooddies instead of hearing them from her. Strange world.

Week 11, the best week, She came up with this shocking news about missing her period. I looked everywhere with torch and candle but couldnt find it for her. That was the greatest news i have heard in a long time.

such an interestin hubby

mrs zubby s indeed so lucky

btw, i got more interestin partner, his jealousy even mks it more fun

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ng4am(f): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
Interesting thread, my 1st year was challenging, and I will say am still passing thru the challenges. We dated for 2yrs but where not in the same town so I didn't get to know Him very well, I thought he was easy going not knowing he was the opposite, I missed my hood, my friends and family and coming into an environment so quite and lonely, so am left with my hubby alone to be my friend, neighbour, family and husband. lol, lucky I had my daughter that same year, started my nysc, atleast could go out and meet people, one gud thing about it was that we formed a lovely bond cos it was just the 2 of us. These our second year and we re waxing strong.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Agbenyiess: My First year in marriage, it was fun and it is still fun. My wife was virtually a virgin-in all things (if you know what I mean) when I married her. At first it was frustrating, but when I saw her teachability, we took time to begin to learn and grow together. We have not ague or quarrel so to say, any time am angry and blowing hot, she will just keep quite and patiently Waite for me to cool-down ( I love her for that, as that has help strengthen our relationship), and then she will apologize for her action and try to adjust. She use to call her mum about everything, I had to put my foot on the ground for that to stop. Of course she could call her mum as much as she want but not on issue that pertain to the family, especially the ones we could handle. In marriage, I learnt about how delicate female emotion is and ensure I protect my wife’s. It breaks my heart when I see her cry (even though it’s the most cherished hubby of women), I also leant how analytical and meticulous women are in their thinking. I take advantage of my wife’s a lot (you need to have a concrete plan of vision, then ask them to think it through for you and at the end you will clearly see all the advantages and disadvantages) and it has save me from a lot of errors. Generally marriage is fun, if you married the right person and not your fellow man. Singles, stop testing the waters, plunge in, and you won’t drown… Our most challenging expeirnce was when we had our first child, it was thru CS, and was very challenging I thought, it was not going to end. I thank God for saving her life and giver her unusual strength.[[color=#000099][/color]

Pls help me tell your wife that one of your fellow Nairalander said she is indeed a virtuous woman. Reading your comments about her just made my day.

I love it when women like her know how to handle 'hot' situation via her calmness. It shows she values your union.

8 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
dominion angel: nyc thread. am learning nd hope no mata d storms, il ovacome. thumbs up poster

My God!

Can people just type in English for heavens sake.

I first thought how did this become a New York city thread (nyc).

What is so hard in tpying "nice" instead of "nyc"?

What is so hard in typing "and" instead of "nd"?

What is so hard in typing "matter" instead of "mata"?

What is so hard in typing "overcome" instead of "ovacome"?

This is just self-degeneration at its best when one needs to be aiming for self-development.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by BABE3: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
Sagamite:

My God!

This is just self-degeneration at its best when one needs to be aiming for self-development.

You're blessed! "your" instead of "you're". "am" instead of "I'm"

That method of writing/typing IRKS me. Geez!!

LOL @ nyc.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by cantell(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
Sagamite:

My God!

Smh, He nevagrin disappoints. My favourite Nl brawler.
I also hate the use of the word "nuffin". It irritates me like mad.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
ZUBY77: Week 7, 8, 9 passed without much except that i prepared stew one Sunday. I encouraged Mrs zubby to go out with three of my friends, 1 male and two females, which she did.

So what happened to the envelopes? you forgot about them immediately you had the good news abi smiley smiley smiley (your post is so funny and interesting, i knew you married an ibo lady from the tone in your other threads).

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by mstutu: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
my first yr was somethin else first of all i didnt even like not to talk of loving my hubby then .i had someone else i wanted who was younger n more handsome then.but my family literally pressurized me into marrying my hubby.all i kept sayin was rip to me n goodbye to happiness,so u can imagin wot d first yr was like .lots of quarrels n arguments.but i ve also realised dat a better man dan my hubby u wont find anywher.am very happy now n am still thanking God i listened to my parents

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Bawss1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2012
BABE!:

You're blessed! "your" instead of "you're". "am" instead of "I'm"

That method of writing/typing IRKS me. Geez!!

LOL @ nyc.

It's all them blackberrys. 'Text speak' should be banned on Nairaland, honestly.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
mstutu: my first yr was somethin else first of all i didnt even like not to talk of loving my hubby then .i had someone else i wanted who was younger n more handsome then.but my family literally pressurized me into marrying my hubby.all i kept sayin was rip to me n goodbye to happiness,so u can imagin wot d first yr was like .lots of quarrels n arguments.but i ve also realised dat a better man dan my hubby u wont find anywher.am very happy now n am still thanking God i listened to my parents

Wow interesting one. parents are indeed wiser LOL

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Joshua Ajagunigbala Divorces Wife As Herbalist Dies On Top Of Her / Triplets, Tomiwa, Tomisin And Toni Shine In New Lovely Pictures / Is My Wife Sleeping With Her Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.