Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,470 members, 7,891,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (164200 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ejehijustice(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
Very informative
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by kelechiCollins(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
Please I am looking for a professor or mentor in Exercise physiology or kinesiology mostly in Nigeria. Also I need a place to even work on part-time on this. I will start my PhD program in Exercise physiology and Neuroscience. Pls contact me on
Call 08080661276
What's app 08108859241
Please I need early mentorship and IT training
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by olatunyemi(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2019
wait, which school can a person physiologist apply for biomedical engineering
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Scholar212(m): 10:36am On Dec 13, 2019
kelechiCollins:
Please I am looking for a professor or mentor in Exercise physiology or kinesiology mostly in Nigeria. Also I need a place to even work on part-time on this. I will start my PhD program in Exercise physiology and Neuroscience. Pls contact me on
Call 08080661276
What's app 08108859241
Please I need early mentorship and IT training
why are you doing a PhD? That should be the first question to answer. I believe you did your MSc in physiology too and haven't used it to practice but believe a PhD will bring opportunities for you. Except you intend to going to academics, I don't see the chances of applying it in real practice. Physiotherapist already have your exercise physiology while medicine takes anything neurology/neuroscience

2 Likes

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2020
Wow.

So, what's the current situation of things for graduates of BMS?

After all said and done, the best path remains crossing over to the professional courses in the health sciences: Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Medicine, Dentistry.

If you don't do the above, you'd remain a second class citizen. I'm sure we're aware that lecturers in the College without an MBBS degree are no longer allowed to lecture medical students. Imagine that. If you don't have an MBBS or a BDS, I doubt you can be the Provost of the College.

I studied Physiology up to the Master's level. I'm currently back to undergrad medicine and would be finishing soon.

Please, those that are still undergrad students, FORGET what your lecturers tell you about how lucrative the field is. Please, discard that info. The field IS NOT lucrative. As you study, begin to look for routes to better disciplines.

Well, you can also do an MPH, this doesn't require an MBBS degree. My wife took this path (she studied Anatomy).

If you have funds, please consider leaving the country. There are better opportunities out there.

I agree with some posters up there. The undergrad programs in BMS should either be restructured or scrapped.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 11:11am On Sep 09, 2020
TONYE001:
Wow.

So, what's the current situation of things for graduates of BMS?

After all said and done, the best path remains crossing over to the professional courses in the health sciences: Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Medicine, Dentistry.

If you don't do the above, you'd remain a second class citizen. I'm sure we're aware that lecturers in the College without an MBBS degree are no longer allowed to lecture medical students. Imagine that. If you don't have an MBBS or a BDS, I doubt you can be the Provost of the College.

I studied Physiology up to the Master's level. I'm currently back to undergrad medicine and would be finishing soon.

Please, those that are still undergrad students, FORGET what your lecturers tell you about how lucrative the field is. Please, discard that info. The field IS NOT lucrative. As you study, begin to look for routes to better disciplines.

Well, you can also do an MPH, this doesn't require an MBBS degree. My wife took this path (she studied Anatomy).

If you have funds, please consider leaving the country. There are better opportunities out there.

I agree with some posters up there. The undergrad programs in BMS should either be restructured or scrapped.

Hello tonye
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Vasgas:

Hello tonye

Hello
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

Hello
Good morningTONYE001,
How are you doing?
Thanks for sharing the information above,

I have a question to ask concerning the issue you raised in the above information....

What is the best advise you can give to an individual who is a graduate of one of the life sciences course (MCB, BMB)?

Should he proceed to Msc for public Health (MPH)
or better still re enrol for another degree?

And how is madam doing after studying the MPH at Masters level?
Did the certificate open her to alot of opportunities?

Finally note,
The individual in question is 24yrs old...

Thanks in anticipation for your reply.…
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2020
Vasgas:

Good morningTONYE001,
How are you doing?
Thanks for sharing the information above,

I have a question to ask concerning the issue you raised in the above information....

What is the best advise you can give to an individual who is a graduate of one of the life sciences course (MCB, BMB)?

Should he proceed to Msc for public Health (MPH)
or better still re enrol for another degree?

And how is madam doing after studying the MPH at Masters level?
Did the certificate open her to alot of opportunities?

Finally note,
The individual in question is 24yrs old...

Thanks in anticipation for your reply.…

Hello, good morning.

1. The best advice I'd give to this person (a graduate of MCB/BCH or related courses) is to pursue his dream. But you know something about this dream stuff we talk about, we have to be practical and not just motivational. Thankfully, the life sciences have better options (industrial, pharmaceutical, food, environmental, etc). BUT if this person's original aim was to be a doctor (or to work ANYWHERE in the health sector), I'd advise him/her to cross over. Truthfully, this is the only way. Well, further studies (postgrad) could earn him a lecturing job but we don't know the future of lecturers without MBBS (or its equivalent) in the College.

2. The MPH/MScPH route is another beautiful option. Very, very lucrative, I tell you. There are NGO's everywhere. He or she should start off as a volunteer in any NGO of his interest so that he'd build a good experience. By the time he finishes his program, he would have gotten some decent experience in the field.

3. About my wife, yes, her certificate opened some good opportunities. She's currently working in an NGO. But you know the Nigerian situation, to find work e hard.

Regards.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

Hello, good morning.

1. The best advice I'd give to this person (a graduate of MCB/BCH or related courses) is to pursue his dream. But you know something about this dream stuff we talk about, we have to be practical and not just motivational. Thankfully, the life sciences have better options (industrial, pharmaceutical, food, environmental, etc). BUT if this person's original aim was to be a doctor (or to work ANYWHERE in the health sector), I'd advise him/her to cross over. Truthfully, this is the only way. Well, further studies (postgrad) could earn him a lecturing job but we don't know the future of lecturers without MBBS (or its equivalent) in the College.

2. The MPH/MScPH route is another beautiful option. Very, very lucrative, I tell you. There are NGO's everywhere. He or she should start off as a volunteer in any NGO of his interest so that he'd build a good experience. By the time he finishes his program, he would have gotten some decent experience in the field.

3. About my wife, yes, her certificate opened some good opportunities. She's currently working in an NGO. But you know the Nigerian situation, to find work e hard.

Regards.

Thanks Mr Tony,

Please which university can you recommend for the Msc Program in MPH
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

Hello, good morning.

Regards.

The MPH/MScPH
Are the different from each other?
Which is the best?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
Vasgas:

The MPH/MScPH
Are the different from each other?
Which is the best?

They are the same. In some schools (eg, UniPort, MPH is only awarded to those with MBBS) elsewhere (eg, UNIIBADAN and abroad), irrespective of one's background, on completion of the program, you'd be given an MPH.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
Vasgas:

Thanks Mr Tony,

Please which university can you recommend for the Msc Program in MPH

Any accredited school. I have a friend at UI currently in the program.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by harbeebski(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

Hello, good morning.

Regards.
I'm currently studying public health science at bsc level..what advice can you give me Sir and can I go for MPH directly or its only meant for MBBS graduate
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

They are the same. In some schools (eg, UniPort, MPH is only awarded to those with MBBS) elsewhere (eg, UNIIBADAN and abroad), irrespective of one's background, on completion of the program, you'd be given an MPH.

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Vasgas: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

Any accredited school. I have a friend at UI currently in the program.
Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
harbeebski:

I'm currently studying public health science at bsc level..what advice can you give me Sir and can I go for MPH directly or its only meant for MBBS graduate

Of course, you can go for MPH.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by harbeebski(m): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

thanks boss
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by harbeebski(m): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2020
TONYE001:

thanks boss....is it possible to work with the bsc
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by TONYE001(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
harbeebski:

thanks boss....is it possible to work with the bsc

It is.

But to improve your chances, you need experience and further studies.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by harbeebski(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2020
[quote author=TONYE001 post=93779403]
It is.
But to improve your chances, you need experience and further studies. [/quote aiit thanks boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by hector: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
[quote][/quote]

Young lady, there is no success story anywhere. If you are a graduate of anatomy or physiology in Nigeria today, u have already set your compass to be a jobless graduate because u have absolutely no skill set needed to fill any job position both home and abroad. If you eventually do, you will usually need a higher degree(msc or PhD) to secure such job positions!

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 9:23am On May 07, 2021
Good morning everyone. I've just been offered admission to study Physiology in UI . I wanted to go for MBBS but my Jamb Scores were always too low , so I applied for Physiology on my 3rd Jamb . I'm hoping to switch to MBBS , Physiotherapy , or Medlab when entering 200L . From the advice I've gotten , I need a very High GPA . So please can anyone recomend textbooks for me to read or even just tell me the courses i'll take at 100L so I can read hard .
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ShadowCracker(m): 2:18am On May 08, 2021
urobodoski419:
Good morning everyone. I've just been offered admission to study Physiology in UI . I wanted to go for MBBS but my Jamb Scores were always too low , so I applied for Physiology on my 3rd Jamb . I'm hoping to switch to MBBS , Physiotherapy , or Medlab when entering 200L . From the advice I've gotten , I need a very High GPA . So please can anyone recomend textbooks for me to read or even just tell me the courses i'll take at 100L so I can read hard .
Did you participate in Ui admission process this year, I also did but I haven't gotten admission yet my Jamb caps is still showing processing.

Do you know if Ui have released the admission list ?, cause I have been seeing some report that it has been released.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 12:02am On May 18, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Did you participate in Ui admission process this year, I also did but I haven't gotten admission yet my Jamb caps is still showing processing.

Do you know if Ui have released the admission list ?, cause I have been seeing some report that it has been released.
No the list is not yet out but Aspirants have been offered admission
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ShadowCracker(m): 2:44am On May 18, 2021
urobodoski419:
No the list is not yet out but Aspirants have been offered admission
My Jamb caps has been showing "Admission in progress, check back later" for weeks.
Should I be worried.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 11:52pm On May 20, 2021
ShadowCracker:

My Jamb caps has been showing "Admission in progress, check back later" for weeks.
Should I be worried.
No as long as ur o level is correctly uploaded and u beat the cut off
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by akande115: 12:06am On May 21, 2021
urobodoski419:

For 100L.

Physics 102, 103, 104, 105 and 118
Chemistry 156, 126, 176 and 191
Zoo 114, 116, 112, 115, 117 and 118
Bot. 141
CSC (computer) 101
Ges 107, 108 and 101

That's the courses for physiology 100 level .........
For phys, Chem and Zoo, the last course for each that I listed is practical.

Work extra hard in 100 level to be able to cross in 200Level and also pray there is space in the department that you want to cross to.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 1:42am On May 24, 2021
akande115:

For 100L.

Physics 102, 103, 104, 105 and 118
Chemistry 156, 126, 176 and 191
Zoo 114, 116, 112, 115, 117 and 118
Bot. 141
CSC (computer) 101
Ges 107, 108 and 101

That's the courses for physiology 100 level .........
For phys, Chem and Zoo, the last course for each that I listed is practical.

Work extra hard in 100 level to be able to cross in 200Level and also pray there is space in the department that you want to cross to.

Thanks so much . Please are you a student
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 1:48am On May 24, 2021
Please everyone , I need ur assistance . I just got accepted into UI to study Physiology, as some of u probably know . I used my GCE results for my o level ; my issue now is that some other freshers told me that UI will ask for the original GCE certificate which I have to collect frm Waec office , and according to some staylites dat I asked , they said UI won't ask . I don't know what to do , I'm confused now , my question is this : will I use the Original certificate for Clearance or just the d statement of result ?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by sageb: 10:39am On May 24, 2021
urobodoski419:
Please everyone , I need ur assistance . I just got accepted into UI to study Physiology, as some of u probably know . I used my GCE results for my o level ; my issue now is that some other freshers told me that UI will ask for the original GCE certificate which I have to collect frm Waec office , and according to some staylites dat I asked , they said UI won't ask . I don't know what to do , I'm confused now , my question is this : will I use the Original certificate for Clearance or just the d statement of result ?

you will have to present the original certificate during your final year clearance(400level).
which year did you write the GCE? if the original is available, go and get it.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
sageb:

you will have to present the original certificate during your final year clearance(400level).
which year did you write the GCE? if the original is available, go and get it.
Thank you for your response . I wrote GCE 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.