Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,651 members, 7,882,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria (1634 Views)

APC And PDP Supporters Fighting In Suleja, Niger State / Serious Fighting In Zaria / Evans Bipi With Amaechi In 2011 & Fighting In 2013 - No Permanent Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by egin(m): 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2007
The picture tells it all. This is 21st century fire fighting in Nigeria. The firefighters don't even have fire fighting gears wearing rainboots to fight fire. What a shame?
A scene of the carnage along Ibadan-Lagos expressway where many lives were lost this morning 2007/10/29. Photo: Emma Osodi.

Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
OH MY GOSH!!! TAKE That picture down please, this is horrible !!!! LMAO!!!
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 31, 2007
nigeria we hail thee! grin

Those fire fighters never chop! cheesy They dont look like they wanted to fight that fire at all.
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by grafikdon: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2007
Sweet wind of change! grin grin

Please, egin we take God/Sango/Amadioha/Osanobua and Chineke beg you, take down that picture. Foreigners are browsing this forum. . . make them no take eye see this kind epitome of embarrassment. . . I know wind don blow and dem don see fowl nyansh (Naija) but this time, hurricane don blow and they are about to see fowl intestine. . . embarassed embarassed
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by donjazzie(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2007
Are those people fighting fire or just posing for a picture.I don't see no water running cry
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by egin(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2007
Federal Government of Nigeria, check out this site and buy the right gears for our fire service.
http://www.edarley.com/?&s=google&kw=fire__fighting_gear
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by babasin(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2007
thanks for the picture.

This is a country with $40BILLION foreign reserves.

shames OBJ + yaradull.

grin wink grin
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by grafikdon: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2007
The thing tire me o. And we have some leaders spending millions(N500 Million) on lipsticks and nail polish.
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by babasin(m): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2007
in Nigeria, to really enjoy:

1. you must build your own road

2. create your own water corporation

3. create your own NEPA

4. buy bullet proof car

and oops you now need to have FIRE-PROOF car against 'death-trap highways'

grin cheesy
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by Mamajama(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2007
Safety is not an issue in My contry. how can a firefighter try to put out a fire with no helmet and small hose with no water?

This is the issue in Nigeria, we misplaced our priority long time ago. That brings me back to the issue of security. we have policemen with flash lights and no batteries.
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by babasin(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2007
That brings me back to the issue of security. we have policemen with flash lights and no batteries.

may be you can help us ask your Uncles 'Enhindero & Mr Tafa' what they did with money allocated to 'Police Equipment purchase'

grin cheesy
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by akara(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2007
I bet theres no water in that 'rope' they call a hose, wey my people never see water take bath and drink na to quench fire.
Used to love the scene near the Ojuelegba fire office in the 80's now it looks like a dead place.
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by mijd(m): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2007
This may not be real because looking at the scene, the hose is sopposed to be attached to the Fire truck but that is not the case here as the fighters are facing the fire truck while another host is lying down supposedly comming out 4rm the truck, secondly, the fear of mob action would not allow them parade a host without water.
I am not trying to say that we are having a well developed fire fighting system in this country but lets try and be real, constructive and objective in our criticism.
And if there is a better explanation to the above claim , I would like to hear.
Re: State Of Fire Fighting In Nigeria by folahann(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2007
You can not blame those guys. This is Africa and until the mentality is off we can not progress in anything.
Blame the govt for not just let me stop here

(1) (Reply)

Fight To Finish: Dangote, Otedola Shun Peace Meeting By Obj / Ecowas Suspends Niger Republic / U.s Places Nigeria On Terrorist List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.