Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Wife Has A Mental Problem - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has A Mental Problem (14180 Views)

One In Every Four Nigerian Has Mental Disorder - Dr. Vincent Udenze / Graduate Found Dead After Recovering From Mental Problem / Married In Court,and Found Out My Wife Has Fibroid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Comfort86(f): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2007
sad eeyah, I pray that God take control of the union and bring you and her healing--physically, spiritually, and mentally.  May the God of joy bring you both joy everlasting.

Seun couldn't have said what he said better. Take his advice.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2007
just another fricking attention seeker

his latest posts:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=64700;sa=showPosts

specific quotes:

jamyle:

My girlfriend told me she was proud of me last night, I was happy and felt loved. I love her though. Has your girlfriend or boyfriend ever told you he/she is proud of you?

from jamyle-November 05, 2006, 12:46 AM]
Hello Guys Jamyle is my name i live in Ikeja lagos, I need you guys to please help me on what to do about my girlfriend, To start with some weeks back i and my girl were in my house she ask me a question she said" Jamyle have you ever fell inlove with a girl at first site?? I said no it happens but not to me" I suspected that question and i was like Jenny u don trip for somebody abi, she said nooo i say okay oo, The following week we were in my room she took my phone flashed a number and deleted it immediately, the number called back and say"u flash me just now, i said noo this is a wrong number the guy hung up so i asked my girl did u flash any number she said yes i asked who was that she told me a friend of hers(i suspected her ever since i felt like this girl is cheating on me i've always had that instings i began to keep a close watch on her, [b]Where i am driving at is that today 4th nov 06 when she came to my house she to me jamil give me some money to call my mum i said ok i gave her 500 naira i followed her to the call center meanwhile i left while i was talking with a friend i suspect that she wasnt talking to her mum as she told me was i rushed to her grab the phone saw the number she was calling i found at that it was the same number that she flashed on my phone i said to her Jenny why?? You have been cheating on me right she no i said to her why u calling this guy this was the same guy that u called with my p[/b]hone she told me jamil he's just a friend, i said if he's just a friend you shouldnt hide to talk to him in my presence she couldnt talk, She has been doing lots of stuffs like this but i kept getting it over me because i love her, i've given her the freedom to my house i gave her all she wanted now it seems like i am not good for her anymore when i found out that she was calling another guy with my money i was mad at her i left there with annoyance she called me i shouted at her the last word she said to me was ""jamil i've told u i am dating that guy he's just a friend if that is the reason why u want to leave me then ""*********If u ask me do i still love her i will say yes but i always feel like she is cheating on me , Really i am confused.PLEASE GUYS I AM IN A DILEMA WHAT SHOULD I DO?

(( Guys make una no vex for the wrong wrong grammer wey dey for my story una sabi this thing no our mother tongue na learn we dey learn so we sabi pass ourselves, But really i want make una tell me wetin i go asap)

i thot u married your wife in 2005?

this brown eyed fella don't look like hes in any atlanta for that matter
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2007
as to treatment for schizophrenia causing paralysis in kids -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#Medication

nothing about such side effects.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by cyprianjr(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2007
Am going to be candid with you here,

If i were to judge by your tone,i think its quite obvious that you really do not love that woman cause sorry dude even i feel no LOVE in the way you refer to her- dat na 1

Since you both are now MARRIED and if am correct,the priest in the church still reads "FOR BETTER FOR WORSE" in churches, well son, you gats to stick by herside through thick and thing.Don't come running in here thinking you are gonna get an excuse or reason to leave her cause your butt is married to her and you gats to help her through this difficult time which she's passing through in her life right now aiight.

, well as omo Niger if you take off from her side and dissappear ,NO BE TODAY NOW, its obvious you used her white ass to get your papers. So don't come in here pretending to care for her.Lets call a spade a spade,if you want a safe house where you can run to,i can tell you where to hide your ugly black ass in Kansas aiight. angry angry

TILL DEATH DO YOU BOTH PATH OMO NIGER
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by penfold(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2007
@poster

I really hope that you'll take time to read through all the answers to your post, its not often that nairalanders can be this helpful!!! Better still you should print out all the suggestions  carefully go through them.

Its good for you that you are in the US, schizophrenia can be managed and most times with the right drugs (which are readily available in your location) it can be managed!!

However, i want you to note that the relapse could be due to the fear of losing you once you get to know of her condition. This could have put her under severe mental stress which triggered off the onset of the symptoms again, therefore i believe her cure and future is in your hands.

Let her know that you are there for her and you will not abandon her (i assume that is the case since you are here looking for a solution to her problem). This will reduce her mental stress give her the chance to live a relatively normal life.

Get her into a healthcare program, its not a stigma in America to have a personal "shrink", in fact its an accepted  fact we all have our quirks and bent, this will help both of you a lot.

And as par kids, yeah, you can adopt but it is also my considered opinion that if she remains stable for 5 years (the freudian school postulates even less) then nothings stops her from giving birth to a child normally. IF AND ONLY IF SHE HAS A SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND!!!

So you see, its all in your hands, you could choose to walk away and start a life with someone else again------if you can live with your conscience, OR you could decide to stop thinking about yourself and help another human being whose sanity depends on you get a fresh handle on life-----

Peace!!!
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by penfold(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2007
And if you are here to just waste my time--------Thunder fire you and your family
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by opokonwa(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2007
Oyibo marriage!

I bet if you had met her on the internet and she told you she was residing in Somalia, you will not agree to the marriage.

The lure was not just the woman, the lure was also America!

I must say that you were feeling damn lucky to have landed 'love' in America.

I must say you are an opportunist but underestimated the bad side. OYIBO WEY NO SEE LOVE FOR AMERICA, NA NIGERIA E COME SEE AM.

Bros, I do not pity you.

That lady brought you to yankee YOU NO FLY REACH THERE.

Cater for her and love her. MARRIAGE NA FOR BETTER FOR WORSE.

Only pray she does not blow your head off one day. AND NEVER ABANDON HER.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by finemocha(f): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2007
wow this is a tough one, that illness is rather serious, also known as the illness of the young. hmm well here is the problem, as nigerians we arent brought up to understand or deal with these type of things. Just an american friend telling me they are depressed or insomniacs, nad have to take medication for that freaks me out. Nna i wish u the best of luck i honestly dont know what i would do in your position, but i pray no one gets too hurt in the end, regardless someone will.

I guess its a good thing that she is in the Us, nad not nigeria where by they will leave her and say she is a crazy woman.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by parislomo(f): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2007
When I first read your piece seriously what crossed my mind was YAHOO WEDDING. But after going through the replies I began to feel for you. All the same the likes of Seun and the second poster have said it all, So Americana-husband you are now in America, try and educate yourself with all the materials you find helpful,  I'm still not sure if I pity you sha cos the WIFEY mention DEPRESSION na you come decide (as per sey U be in-house-Doctor) sey no be serious ailment (my mind still de insist se na America interest U pass the woman),
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by ifyalways(f): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2007
Sorry
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by oyie(f): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ poster,

congratulats u r in usa!!!!!!!!!!! grin cheesy wink

who cares if u married a pscyo wife who may neva give birth?the most important thing is thing you r in usa

so wat if she warned u,just marry her get here an discharge. grin

but wait a min,r u complain? tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by darkhand: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2007
@poster
You did not tell us if you loved your wife? If you do then you have to help her through this, if you hooked up with her to get to the US, then you can encourage her not to take her medications and when her behaviour gets to bad have her committed. That way you keep the property and can get an undamaged woman.Even if they do not commit her permanently she can still spend most of her time in a mental hospital. To start life with such a liability is not to be considered, Afterall you did not cause her madness. Admit you made a mistake and move on.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by seun001(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2007
i've got got the sentence for u

'either u are suffering from a mild amnesia or u r just a pure gold-digger'
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by pmdaboh(f): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2007
[b]@Poster

My heart goes out to you, for I am still waiting for my Nigerian husband to come to America.  I was told this week, that our case at the National Visa Center was completed, and when they schedule interviews (they schedule interviews during the second week of each month), that he more than likely will be scheduled for an interview for the month of December.  We married in Lagos, Nigeria on January 4, 2007,  so we are eagerly awaiting our reunion.

As one that filed on behalf of my husband to come to America, I know "exactly" what situation you are in in reference to having to remain with your wife for two years before you can become eligible to file on your behalf for legal status.  However, I wonder if there are laws that protect people like you in this siutation.  I mean I believe you love your wife, but it also sounds like a fearful situation with the mood swings and strange behavior that accompanies this type of illness.  I cannot imagine living like that for two years.  If you are to stay in America, you must remain married to your wife for two years.   Plus, it also sounds like your wife intentionally deceived you.

Now I know some of you reading my response may probably be saying, "he did not ask that, but he is talking about his wife".  I have always been able to also read in between the lines of what a person is truly saying.  I know the poster is upset, anxious, and confused about his situation.  But also he probably feels a little (or more than a little) anger at how much his wife "covered" up the depth of her mental illness, for this is also "his" future.  If he does not remain married to her for at least two years, he must be sent back to Africa--unless someone else will be willing to sponsor him.  If he stays in America illegally, which I do not advise in the least, he will be subject to any type of work at any type of pay.

When I wrote three articles about my experience in coming to Lagos, realizing that I was disconnected from the Mother Land, and the Immigration Process, some Nigerians did not accept the "realities" of some of the discoveries that I mentioned being new to this type of situation.  Also, some wrote that we American woman, and other nationalities, are foolish for brining Nigerians to America, who only stay with us long enough to be considered a "legal" citizen.

Here is a situation where a woman, I believe intentionally, used an African man to be her "CARE GIVER", for she had probably run out of those persons who were willing to take care of her.  

My advice would be to pray without ceasing.  You have  a few choices that I know of, but I am NOT a lawyer.  (1) Stay with your wife and pray for a recovery if you can endure that siutation.  (2) If she does not get well and you cannot endure that situation anymore after two years, seek your freedom.  (3) If you cannot endure the situation for two years, seek someone to sponsor you, so you can remain in American.  

But whatever you do, seek God's direction and a lawyer's legal counsel.

I am so sorry for your situation, and I will be praying for you.

Patricia[/b]
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by medaura(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2007
this is a lesson to yahoo lovers, be wear of psychs.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by almondjoy(f): 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2007
medaura:

this is a lesson to yahoo lovers, be wear of psychs.

Wonders will never end.  The day this woman does not take her medication, she might just turn into one kind "Jim Iyke" like this.  Hmmmmmmm!  Say God spoke to her.

@Poster
Are you a Nigerian?
Is your wife a Nigerian?

This might shed more light on the nature of your intentions about going into this union. I am trying to find out what you guys had in common before you decided to run over to America and get married. I smell a Yahoozee something here.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Coleslove: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hey!!! You wanted a Visa to the US?
You got one ***Kolomental***

Further Advice; Still have brothers who want to live in Us? Let her the ***Kolomental*** spare her remaining sisters. By the time you will notice, you and your family members will be living and transported to the US for free.

singing O O O oooo Kolomental

But wait a min are you sure you're really ok? Read your previous posts

from jamyle-November 05, 2006, 12:46 AM]
Hello Guys Jamyle is my name i live in Ikeja lagos, I need you guys to please help me on what to do about my girlfriend, To start with some weeks back i and my girl were in my house she ask me a question she said" Jamyle have you ever fell inlove with a girl at first site?? I said no it happens but not to me" I suspected that question and i was like Jenny u don trip for somebody abi,  she said nooo i say okay oo, The  following week we were in my room she took my phone flashed a number and deleted it immediately, the number called back and say"u flash me just now, i said noo this is a wrong number the guy hung up so i asked my girl did u flash any number she said yes i asked who was that she told me a friend of hers(i suspected her ever since i felt like this girl is cheating on me i've always had that instings i began to  keep a close watch on her, Where i am driving at is that today 4th nov 06 when she came to my house she to me jamil give me some money to call my mum i said ok i gave  her 500 naira i followed her to the call center meanwhile i left while i was talking with a friend i suspect that she wasnt talking to her mum as she told me was i rushed to her grab the phone saw the number she was calling i found at that it was the same number that she flashed on my phone i said to her Jenny why?? You have been cheating on me right she no i said to her why u calling this guy this was the same guy that u called with my phone she told me jamil he's just a friend, i said if he's just a friend you shouldnt hide to talk to him in my presence she couldnt talk, She has been doing lots of stuffs like this but i kept getting it over me because i love her, i've given her the freedom to my house i gave her all she wanted now it seems like i am not good for her anymore when  i found out that she was calling another guy with my money i was mad at her i left there with annoyance she called me i shouted at her the last word she said to me was ""jamil i've told u i am dating that guy he's just a friend if that is the reason why u want to leave me then ""*********If u ask me do i still love her i will say  yes but i always feel like she is cheating on me , Really i am confused.PLEASE GUYS I AM IN A DILEMA WHAT SHOULD I DO?

(( Guys make una no vex for the wrong wrong grammer wey dey for my story una sabi this thing no our mother tongue na learn we dey learn so we sabi pass ourselves, But really i want make una tell me wetin i go asap)
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by WarfyBoy(m): 12:44am On Nov 01, 2007
My broda i understand u wel, but you dont have to give up on what the doctor said, aftarall he is a human bein like you.

y dont u try d most high God, he sees n do wt no man can do, d most high and omnipresent GOd, giv him a chance, if u love ur wife, n if u wnt to continue lovin her, plssssssss b serious wit her, u dnt kno d couse of the illness, so please i beg u take her to any powerful church let God giv his final jugdement on her condition, den u wil c if God's judgement is d same as man

D Lord hav don wt kno man can do, hw 1daful is ur name,
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nwaka77: 2:59am On Nov 01, 2007
@Poster,

If this your story is really true, I suggest you seek the face of God and do not lean on your own understanding. Seek God in prayer and he will guide you on what next step to take. Good Luck.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 01, 2007
My dear bro,. I understand what u are going thru.Pls mail me 4 a private discussion ndt364@yahoo.com
Dont despair there is hope
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by almondjoy(f): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2007
@ oyb and coleslove

Na wah for una investigations oh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Obviously have figured the poster out. grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by maddock(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2007
I think what you need is serious prayers,you know when science fails and it seems that all hope is lost,then that is the right time to turn to God.I will personally recommend the Healing School of Christ Embassy either in Nigeria or South Africa. They are about starting the session in Nigeria.Good luck
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by chrisuch(m): 2:26am On Nov 02, 2007
according to faze,this one na real mental case.i suggest to you take her to the healing school of christembassy for healing or you become a partner with the healing school. i promise you that you will see changes in a jiffy,schiz, is a very bad mental disorder that makes people to hallucinate when it get to the higher stage i bet you might not cope with her again.so make hay while the sun last.peace .
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 02, 2007
people no get eyes at all. Dem still dey advice person wey dey Ikeja dey lie? grin
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by naijaking1: 7:19am On Nov 02, 2007
The bright side of your story is that you're in US now. People like that are usually chained and maltreated in naija.

Depression is not the same as schizophrenia, but could occur together.

If you're in GA, NY, or NJ I could refer you to some colleagues of mine in pyschiatry, if you don't already have one.

Good luck, and be strong.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2007
ol'boy,
you better start preparing your grave cos she'll just wake up on e morning and stab you.
she'll claim insanity and go scot free.besides its her country.
i guess she's MADLY in love with you
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Ada4u1(f): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2007
Beloved bro,
Your wife will not continue to be drug adict all the days of her life. And from ur feeliings, u are really in digust.
Pls PRAYER is the best solution to this kind of problem. Take HER FOR DELIVERANCE, wat she is passing thru is a torment frm evil spirit.
She is possessed.
so with prayers, she will be deliveered from the power of darkness.
may the Good Lord strenghten u.
Never be discouraged bc the the Lord can make her well.
All the best.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by shushu(f): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2007
x
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2007
@davidylan

me sef i tire

simple comprehension

THE POSTER IS FAKE SO IS HIS STORY

OKAY

STOP GIVING HIM ADVICE

[s]NL and all these celebrity posters i'm sure he copied the story from punch or city ppl mag[/s]
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by Glorya(f): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
na wa for nairaland oh, so you mean someone can just bring one super story for us to be discussing and giving advice? shocked

@ poster
Bros, take it easy oh, if it is true, then take it for 'its all right' but if na joke, abeg its too expensive oh.
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by howddy4(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2007
it is well , just make sure she tks her meds and she will feel more better
Re: My Wife Has A Mental Problem by chychy(f): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2007
sometimes, the way we answer questions on this site just makes me laugh

"i happy for you o
at least you are an American citizen now"

Anyways, all i can say is Nothing is above God. While she's in the hospital getting medical attention, put her in your prayers, ask your church members to pray for her.

as for the "desperate singles" out there "look b4 u leap". Pastor Bimbo Odukoya (God rest her soul) and other marriage counselors advice that courtship should last for at least a year for people that are in the same geographical area, how much more 4 people that meet on the net?

God's grace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constant Headache, Body Weakness, General Body Pains / TVC And P&G Donate Baby Diapers To Ayinke House Maternity Hospital, Lagos / Epidemic Looms In Abia As Refuse Dumps Take Over Umuahia Amidst Public Outcry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.