Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,980 members, 7,922,390 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! (7304 Views)

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by hakanai(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
torkaka: ^^^^^ so which group will the igbos defeat in this new found war? my point through out was this; how come it is the perpetual war losers that are always calling for war?

me! me! me!
Answer:They never learn from the past! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by phantom(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Na wa o ...so certified cowards don get mind to dey yarn these days..lol
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
Please, peep this post and tell us how you really feel. Don't forget to vote as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/900383/if-youre-sick-tired-e-wars
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Ryabcool(m): 9:54am On Mar 27, 2012
CyberG: ^ Thanks for getting the gist! I see many failed attempts to lighten-up the ignorance of a few people who only listened to a few stories told over a place of akpu and eba here! This goes for all the e-warring tribalist parties on NL. Now, the usual tribalists get all touchy and defensive when people call them out firmly but truthfully. Can someone show me the llie in my post? Truth is tribalists are dark-hearted, soulically black and any attempt to light up ignorance with knowledge liberates the younger ones who are just hearing buzzwords and indoctrination.

@ Calloti: How it helps matters? Very obvious if you read the post: There's no need for fighting forever on NL. Anyone who cannot receive the graceful end to the war of 1967 has up to a week to engage the Nigerian Forces on a new war where the inferiority and superiority complex will be finally put to rest in a decisive REMATCH.

@ Posters: Here is the list of KNOWN tribalists on this thread: Blackpikin, Yeske, AfamEva. I see a few new names who are late comers to the party or just turn-coats with a new ID. Well, those 3 know who I am and even their super-tribalistic bosses know their nemesis when they show up here: Dede1 (King Tribalist), OnlyBIGLIES (chief Tribalist), Logic Mind (turn coat, irredeemable), Okija Juju (was surprised to find he has now joined the league of losers after indoctrination by ODedenson), Nchara (sold his soul to hatred tribalism), Mekuxxx, High Chief (Condemned to blackness tribalist), Manchy7431 (team tribalist member), Proud-Igbo, Htajz, OdualSoja, Bashr8 (super frustrated tribalist, ha!), Ezeuche (you should be number 2 just after Dendenson1, condemned tribalist), Ngodigha1 (tribalistic team mate with hate), Phreahrabbit (tribalist, trying to get promotion), DayoKanu (Ha! he is now a core tribalist too), lagcity (ha! tribalist), BEAF (OMG! How did I almost forget Supreme Tribalist Commander pretender), Uche2005 (also wants to split Nigeria in a different way using all kinds of maps), ACM10 (hateful tribalist, rank frustrated seargent), Ikeymann (subtle tribal quartermaster, plays every position in the game), BlueTooth~ (Ha, charirman tribal company), etc, etc!

There are many more but the more senior ones on this list know their super-boss when they meet them and you will see them abusing that I have called them out. Not all on this list are the usual aggressors, but they are as complicit from both sides. There are more on NL with multiple IDs. These people mostly are responsible for "This post has been hidden" especially the devil-assisted tribalists like Odedenson, OnlyLIES, Logic Mind (large tribalism shareholder) and CO. So, there is no need to waste time e-tribalizing the post. The Nigerian Army is on standby anywhere you want to fight. We are tired of how everyone is keeping them down because me myself, the thought that you people are blind sided by elites of every tribe stealing money, expanding and promoting corruption, etc while you fight is enough motivation to want to see you take on the armed forces. Yes, you are the majority of Nigeria and even the French, Britain, America are all tired. So, start your offensive immediately because WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR USELESS whining, complaints and empty threats!
rotflmao! Dude you made absolute sense!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
torkaka: ^^^^^ so which group will the igbos defeat in this new found war? my point through out was this; how come it is the perpetual war losers that are always calling for war?

I shall bet my last kobo that no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slip into war path with Ndigbo and survive to tell tales of the battles. Ndigbo do not have the knack to dominate its neighbors through the war. This is not because Ndigbo do not have the wherewithal to do so but to maintain the principles of live and late live while giving each other a fair competition. There is no single internal ethnic force that stepped feet on Igbo land without beating a hasty retreat. British had until 1914 to negotiate peaceful settlement against opposition from Igbo land.

Those who sare aying Ndigbo did not learn from the war are pitifully shameless because it took massive support from Britain, USSR, Egypt, UAL, Australia, Niger, Chad and Cameroon for Nigeria to defeat Biafra. Like Jerry Useni once said, “Nigeria’s numerical strength notwithstanding, baring support from countries such as Britain, USSR, Australia, Cameroon and Egypt, Biafra would have dealt with Nigeria”.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^^^ dream on player. when it comes to war within nigeria the igbos are top spot of those with no bragging rights!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dede1:

I shall bet my last kobo that no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slip into war path with Ndigbo and survive to tell tales of the battles. Ndigbo do not have the knack to dominate its neighbors through the war. This is not because Ndigbo do not have the wherewithal to do so but to maintain the principles of live and late live while giving each other a fair competition. There is no single internal ethnic force that stepped feet on Igbo land without beating a hasty retreat. British had until 1914 to negotiate peaceful settlement against opposition from Igbo land.

Those who sare aying Ndigbo did not learn from the war are pitifully shameless because it took massive support from Britain, USSR, Egypt, UAL, Australia, Niger, Chad and Cameroon for Nigeria to defeat Biafra. Like Jerry Useni once said, “Nigeria’s numerical strength notwithstanding, baring support from countries such as Britain, USSR, Australia, Cameroon and Egypt, Biafra would have dealt with Nigeria”.
olopolo geisha.

This was exactly the same thing oju-iku said till he caused the death of millions of okoro children.Funny enough,the idi'ot ran away when he could no longer stand the heat from the black scorpion.mehn, black scorpion really did maximum damage and flatten iboland.To all you who think ibos can survive any war now,i can only pity cuz the ND minorities are wise now and i doubt if you'd be able to fund any war without oil.The situation now will be like someone that was to be burn,who later rub petrol on his body.Wahala dey o !
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
torkaka: ^^^^^^ dream on player. when it comes to war within nigeria the igbos are top spot of those with no bragging rights!

You have not made your ethnicity known yet so that we can see which war your forbearers fought. If you are a Yoruba do not mention the wrestling matches called Kiriji wars.

When Caliphate decided to invade, the so-called Oyo Empire capitulated. Within Nigeria, nobody had attempted stepping foot in Igbo land without regrets. An attempt by Caliphate to head southeast was met with furious reaction with the defeat of Caliphate hence Akegbe debacle. One of Ogisos lamented about the worse blunder he ever committed was an attempt to move southeast ward.

War shall not constitute into bragging right of Ndigbo since the Igbo society remained republican. However, Ndigbo’s societal conformity can not be misconstrued for weakness. All the internal powers never messed with Ndigbo. In fact, it is recorded that certain besieged kingdoms had sought military help in the form of mercenary from Ndigbo
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^^ i thought it was the TIVs who stopped the spread of the caliphate eastwards! "una no even sabi lie" . rewriting history thats all you okoro do. the caliphate who could not islamitise the tivs and idoma, jump over them and landed in igbo land to be defeated by the igbos? i go die with laughter!
as for my tribe, i'm nigerian not biafran thank you
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

olopolo geisha.

This was exactly the same thing oju-iku said till he caused the death of millions of okoro children.Funny enough,the idi'ot ran away when he could no longer stand the heat from the black scorpion.mehn, black scorpion really did maximum damage and flatten iboland.To all you who think ibos can survive any war now,i can only pity cuz the ND minorities are wise now and i doubt if you'd be able to fund any war without oil.The situation now will be like someone that was to be burn,who later rub petrol on his body.Wahala dey o !

Benjamin Adekunle in pure military parlance was a lazy soldier. If there was no urgent need to maintain a shaky coalition of warring partners, Gowon would have dismissed Adekunle as commander of 3MCDO earlier than he, Gowon, did. Please find a copy of “My Command” written by another loudmouthed Yoruba soldier who fought on the Nigerian side of the debacle.

Even Gideon Alabi-Isama rubbished Adekunle in his book. Mind you that Alabi-Isama served under Adekunle.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
torkaka: ^^^^^ i thought it was the TIVs who stopped the spread of the caliphate eastwards! "una no even sabi lie" . rewriting history thats all you okoro do. the caliphate who could not islamitise the tivs and idoma, jump over them and landed in igbo land to be defeated by the igbos? i go die with laughter!
as for my tribe, i'm nigerian not biafran thank you

Keep thinking because that is only the stuff you are made of. There are many trails Caliphate left behind their wake such as Islam, mode of dressing and naming convention. Islam would have had a stronger hold on Tiv, Idoma and Igala lands than seen today if not the chase the Ndigbo gave to Caliphate. Even the British followed the same partner in its fight against the Caliphate by assembling troops on Nkwo Market day at Akegbe. In today’s Nigeria both Tiv and Yoruba lands easily showcase the handiwork of Caliphate.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by nduchucks: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dede1:

You have not made your ethnicity known yet so that we can see which war your forbearers fought. If you are a Yoruba do not mention the wrestling matches called Kiriji wars.

Ah Ah, how can you call a war fought with superior stratagems and weaponry of the era, a wrestling match? Wait make dem catch you hia. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:
Ah Ah, how can you call a war fought with superior stratagems and weaponry of the era, a wrestling match? Wait make dem catch you hia. cheesy

Nwanne, I am not interested in exchanging jabs with the loudmouthed punks such as Blacktooth or Dayolodo. I say superior stratagems and weapons in Kiriji wars my foot. I had once hinted that Ndigbo communicated the strategic withdrawal into the jungle and unleashing of jungle warfare to Bashorun of Ibadan as he used them against the Caliphate. Some of the loudmouthed punks arrogated the Igbo mercenaries as African-Americans that even took Yoruba women as wives.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
@dede1

islam left a trace in tivland? now you have shown how unintelligent you are! what trace did islam leave there? tha same tivs who are 99% christian? the same tivland that doesn't have an emir(symble of fulani conquest)? i bet you don't know makurdi was named after a yoruba man!. i can easily tell you have never been to benue(not plateau) hence the ignorance. now a bit of history for you, the fulani jihadist penetration east was stopped at a place in present day taraba (not even benue) by tiv warriors who like the fulani had an expansionist agenda! the first people to penetrate tivland were actually the missionaries! tivland remains the only place that wasn't actually captured by the colonialist! so where you got your info that tivland has islamic influence really baffles me! my advice to you; go back and do some serious history reading and travelling to avoid this stark display of ignorance.

the yorubas fought known historical wars while the igbos are good at e-wars!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
@dede1

while at your history lesson, can you please reel out the tiv names that have islamic influence like you stated!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
torkaka: @dede1

islam left a trace in tivland? now you have shown how unintelligent you are! what trace did islam leave there? tha same tivs who are 99% christian? the same tivland that doesn't have an emir(symble of fulani conquest)? i bet you don't know makurdi was named after a yoruba man!. i can easily tell you have never been to benue(not plateau) hence the ignorance. now a bit of history for you, the fulani jihadist penetration east was stopped at a place in present day taraba (not even benue) by tiv warriors who like the fulani had an expansionist agenda! the first people to penetrate tivland were actually the missionaries! tivland remains the only place that wasn't actually captured by the colonialist! so where you got your info that tivland has islamic influence really baffles me! my advice to you; go back and do some serious history reading and travelling to avoid this stark display of ignorance.

You sound very unintelligent indeed. In what constituted as Tiv land is being contested by Fulani and Hausa today. I know many Tiv people that have Yusuf, Musa and other Islamic names in their names even though they are Christians. In fact, you have appeared to be totally lost in your bearing about the real estate occupied by the Tiv. I hope you are not foolishly mistaken Idoma, Igede, Igala and Jukun people for Tiv.

Whether Makurdi is named after a Yoruba run away slave or not, it is none of my business.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^^ mumu you don't know jack! unfortunately for you my work makes me shuffle between benue,kogi and taraba. so let me kick back and educate you.

did you say fulani and tiv are struggling for land? dullard, the fulani/tiv problem has to do with nomads who graze on farmlands. these nomads don't even stay in benue (am assuming you know who a nomad is). this is a problem affecting most of nigeria but most in nassarawa,benue and taraba because of their fertile lands.

you know plenty tivs who bear names like yusuf? BIG LIAR! it is actually igallas,idomas,jukuns,anagas,igedes etc who even though christian bear these names not because of islamic influence but because these groups were part of the old kwararafa kingdom and carried out lots of trade and war with the hausas. the tiv on the other hand who migrated to present day nigeria after the fall of the kwararafa kingdom were never influenced by these! tiv people bear names like doofan,nguvan,terlumun,terfa,torwua,agber,akume,msoo,mnena,dooshima etc.
the old kwarafa block(idoma,jukun,igalla,anagas etc) are the ones who at times(especially igalla) bear first names like audu, yakubu,idris etc eg ty danjuma(jukun), audu ogbeh (idoma).
on what constitutes the estate tiv land? 75% of benue,a small part of taraba,a small part of nasarawa, bachave speaking parts of cross rivers and a tiny part (less than a 200'000) of cameroun.
i can boldly tell you that in the whole of tivland you might find probably only seven muslim families amongst which is abubakar tsav(a former commissioner of police) who was raised in kano and is considered a kano man in tiv circles.
I DARE YOU TO NAME A PROMINENT TIV MAN WITH A YUSUF(OR ANY OTHER ISLAMICNAME) IN HIS NAME!

how do i know all these? the nature of my job makes me interact with these people(especially the farmers) on a daily basis for atleast 8months a year!
so dude,stick to arguing about things you know (biafra advancement). better still try travelling nigeria instead of relying on gossips at the spare parts market! dull okoro!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
Torkaka,

Thanks for the comprehensive lesson to Dende mor0n
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by aninibinladen1(m): 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
@dede
your take on tiv people is totally wrong. all you posted are from an ignorant point of view which most southerners are guilty of. i was guilty of this same ignorance until i travelled to makurdi and gboko(head quarters of tivland). since then i've done a bit of researching on this people. they're no hausa/fulani fights over control in tiv land,they don't even share a boundary. the conflicts there are isolated at border villages btw benue/nasarawa and wukari/takum axis in taraba. these conflicts involve nomadic herdsmen ravaging farmlands and thereof clashing with the farmers. you will agree that this is not a solely tiv problem but one that affects most of nigeria and even west africa. these nomads during the dry season move southwards for grazing.
on the issue of islamic influence in tiv land thats like saying there is igbo influence in ile ife. you really goofed when you said tiv dressing and names are islam influenced and that some one was mistaking tiv for idoma,jukun and co. it is actually the other way round. you are most likely to find ,jukunS,igalas with first names like audu,attahiru,musa etc. it is rare to find such names amongst the idomas and almost impossible to get such amongst the tivs.tiv names are very unique and are at times jaw breaking or lovely; herman iorwase hembe is a tiv man, mike kaase aondoakaa is tiv so is barnabas andyer gemade,gabriel torwua suswam,samuel ortom,george akume and paul iyorpuu unongo. do those names sound islamic or hausa/fulani to you?. are you aware that benue is the only state in the north that hausa is not spoken? tiv and idomas that speak hausa are those that grew or schooled up north.you are likely to find more hausas in port harcourt than in benue(not proven). the tiv paramount ruler is called 'tor tiv',second class chiefs are called 'ter' and the third class chiefs 'tyoor'. they have a distinct traditional attire(the black & white dress).
so if i may ask where did you get your assertion that tivland is influenced by islam or hausa fulani?
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
torkaka: ^^^^^ mumu you don't know jack! unfortunately for you my work makes me shuffle between benue,kogi and taraba. so let me kick back and educate you.

did you say fulani and tiv are struggling for land? dullard, the fulani/tiv problem has to do with nomads who graze on farmlands. these nomads don't even stay in benue (am assuming you know who a nomad is). this is a problem affecting most of nigeria but most in nassarawa,benue and taraba because of their fertile lands.

you know plenty tivs who bear names like yusuf? BIG LIAR! it is actually igallas,idomas,jukuns,anagas,igedes etc who even though christian bear these names not because of islamic influence but because these groups were part of the old kwararafa kingdom and carried out lots of trade and war with the hausas. the tiv on the other hand who migrated to present day nigeria after the fall of the kwararafa kingdom were never influenced by these! tiv people bear names like doofan,nguvan,terlumun,terfa,torwua,agber,akume,msoo,mnena,dooshima etc.
the old kwarafa block(idoma,jukun,igalla,anagas etc) are the ones who at times(especially igalla) bear first names like audu, yakubu,idris etc eg ty danjuma(jukun), audu ogbeh (idoma).
on what constitutes the estate tiv land? 75% of benue,a small part of taraba,a small part of nasarawa, bachave speaking parts of cross rivers and a tiny part (less than a 200'000) of cameroun.
i can boldly tell you that in the whole of tivland you might find probably only seven muslim families amongst which is abubakar tsav(a former commissioner of police) who was raised in kano and is considered a kano man in tiv circles.
I DARE YOU TO NAME A PROMINENT TIV MAN WITH A YUSUF(OR ANY OTHER ISLAMICNAME) IN HIS NAME!

how do i know all these? the nature of my job makes me interact with these people(especially the farmers) on a daily basis for atleast 8months a year!
so dude,stick to arguing about things you know (biafra advancement). better still try travelling nigeria instead of relying on gossips at the spare parts market! dull okoro!

Sometimes it is good to allow irredeemable morons to wallow in their depthless stupidity. History does not start and end with names of individuals or expired so-called Kingdoms. Again Tiv (Munchi) were not recognizable force when issue of stopping Caliphate’s southeastern move is being discussed.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Dede1(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
anini-binladen:
@dede
your take on tiv people is totally wrong. all you posted are from an ignorant point of view which most southerners are guilty of. i was guilty of this same ignorance until i travelled to makurdi and gboko(head quarters of tivland). since then i've done a bit of researching on this people. they're no hausa/fulani fights over control in tiv land,they don't even share a boundary. the conflicts there are isolated at border villages btw benue/nasarawa and wukari/takum axis in taraba. these conflicts involve nomadic herdsmen ravaging farmlands and thereof clashing with the farmers. you will agree that this is not a solely tiv problem but one that affects most of nigeria and even west africa. these nomads during the dry season move southwards for grazing.
on the issue of islamic influence in tiv land thats like saying there is igbo influence in ile ife. you really goofed when you said tiv dressing and names are islam influenced and that some one was mistaking tiv for idoma,jukun and co. it is actually the other way round. you are most likely to find ,jukunS,igalas with first names like audu,attahiru,musa etc. it is rare to find such names amongst the idomas and almost impossible to get such amongst the tivs.tiv names are very unique and are at times jaw breaking or lovely; herman iorwase hembe is a tiv man, mike kaase aondoakaa is tiv so is barnabas andyer gemade,gabriel torwua suswam,samuel ortom,george akume and paul iyorpuu unongo. do those names sound islamic or hausa/fulani to you?. are you aware that benue is the only state in the north that hausa is not spoken? tiv and idomas that speak hausa are those that grew or schooled up north.you are likely to find more hausas in port harcourt than in benue(not proven). the tiv paramount ruler is called 'tor tiv',second class chiefs are called 'ter' and the third class chiefs 'tyoor'. they have a distinct traditional attire(the black & white dress).
so if i may ask where did you get your assertion that tivland is influenced by islam or hausa fulani?

How many states in Nigeria serve as home land to Tiv? Do not imply I am out to destroy Tiv.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:

Sometimes it is good to allow irredeemable morons to wallow in their depthless stupidity. History does not start and end with names of individuals or expired so-called Kingdoms. Again Tiv (Munchi) were not recognizable force when issue of stopping Caliphate’s southeastern move is being discussed.

i'm really enjoying your display of ignorance. "munchi" is a derogatory nickname given to the tivs by the fulani while the tivs call them "agwai". go and read history very well or better still ask a fulani man or tiv man(the tivs actually have a song for that confrotation,will get it for you when my tiv buddy replies me) about the famous tiv poisoned arrows and the confrotation in chamba land (in present day taraba). the fulani jihadist never set a foot in present day tiv land! how it is they found their way(through tivland) to go and fight with igbos in igbo land remains a mystery only you can resolve! perhaps they passed through igalla land via yoruba land (na only you get the answer).
my advice to you read and travel more and quit embarassing yourself. tivland has islamic influence and tiv people bear hausa names? I DEY LAUGH!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:

How many states in Nigeria serve as home land to Tiv? Do not imply I am out to destroy Tiv.

i dey laugh, now its home land you look for. didn't i mention that earlier?
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:48am On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:
One of Ogisos lamented about the worse blunder he ever committed was an attempt to move southeast ward.

lol, which one?

In fact, it is recorded that certain besieged kingdoms had sought military help in the form of mercenary from Ndigbo

Strictly out of curiosity, which kingdoms were these?
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by aninibinladen1(m): 2:12am On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:

the tivs are actually the largest ethnic group in the so called "middle belt" they are mainly in benue. they're tivs from southern taraba(wukari and takum areas) and they're tivs from eastern nassarawa. the relationship between tivs and jukuns (including other tribes in taraba) has never been healthy like wise the relationship between tivs and nassarawa people hence the high rate of conflict. you should understand that most of these tribes in taraba and nasarawa to gether with idoma and igallas were once kwararafa and as such view the tivs(who have expansionist tendecies due to their farming nature) with suspicion. these old kwararafa people will always align with the hausa/fulani when it comes to fighting the tiv man.
the jihadist never reached tivland as you have been wrongly stating neither did they reach jukun land which is farther north from tivland.the jihadist simply changed route after initial resistance and headed westward through the minna-ilorin axis and kaduna-keffi axis. as a matter of fact the first hausa man that set foot in tivland was after the colonial conquest. the tivs were actually the ones who sought and championed for a seperate region for the middle belt pre independence and rioted when it wasn't given. it may surprise you to know that at the time most of the other groups i.e idoma,igalla,igbirra aspired to be one north till years later when joseph sarwuan tarka(a tivman) woke their conciousness.
most southerners errorneously think its the tivs that have more of northern influence whereas it is actually the igbirras,igallas,yagbas,bassas and to a very tiny extent the idomas while the tivs have always maintained their identity.

believe you me i didn't know all these till weeks ago!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by CyberG: 2:25am On Mar 28, 2012
I'd like to thank contributors, both positively and otherwise, to this thread. I see many altruistic posters using every fragment of their brain cell to show Dedenson1 the light. Sorry, but this will not work and I ask that you review his track record of blind tribalism here on NL and he taught most of his disciples (listed earlier) the art and science of tribalism. However, let us keep the sole objective of this thread in view:

A REMATCH of the CIVIL WAR OF 1967 - 1970. I know many Igbos, including my friends, who would find contemplating even a daily rehash totally distasteful but the little-minded, poisonous tribalists have swore not move on after 42 years and NOT that they saw even a bird during the war. That is already and documented even on this website. Since the new generation war-mongers believe their forebears didn't fight well enough, could and should have "won" the war, blame everyone else including foreign nations, it is expedient that we have this rematch to put the issue to bed - after they have proved better than the 1960s combatants and get "VICTORY".

This post is a reminder because for 3 days since this REMATCH was called, they have just been talking, NO ACTION. The Nigerian Army, Navy, Air Force including SANE Nigerians from every tribe have been waiting. Now, you have 4 more days to even put some action to your words. Since you want to settle the scores, start NOW. The COAS, Lieutenant General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika, and his men are waiting. So is Navy, Air Force, even Police, Boy Scout, Girls Scout, Man O War, and regular people including your parents who saw the war and will probably slap SENSE into your head! But hey, you still have 4 days and everyone is waiting! If you don't do anything still, please shut up, find a real job and get a life! To everyone, me love you all and I can't wait to take a vacation to Nigeria again! kiss
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Beaf: 3:11am On Mar 28, 2012
CyberG: ^ Thanks for getting the gist! I see many failed attempts to lighten-up the ignorance of a few people who only listened to a few stories told over a place of akpu and eba here! This goes for all the e-warring tribalist parties on NL. Now, the usual tribalists get all touchy and defensive when people call them out firmly but truthfully. Can someone show me the llie in my post? Truth is tribalists are dark-hearted, soulically black and any attempt to light up ignorance with knowledge liberates the younger ones who are just hearing buzzwords and indoctrination.

@ Calloti: How it helps matters? Very obvious if you read the post: There's no need for fighting forever on NL. Anyone who cannot receive the graceful end to the war of 1967 has up to a week to engage the Nigerian Forces on a new war where the inferiority and superiority complex will be finally put to rest in a decisive REMATCH.

@ Posters: Here is the list of KNOWN tribalists on this thread: Blackpikin, Yeske, AfamEva. I see a few new names who are late comers to the party or just turn-coats with a new ID. Well, those 3 know who I am and even their super-tribalistic bosses know their nemesis when they show up here: Dede1 (King Tribalist), OnlyBIGLIES (chief Tribalist), Logic Mind (turn coat, irredeemable), Okija Juju (was surprised to find he has now joined the league of losers after indoctrination by ODedenson), Nchara (sold his soul to hatred tribalism), Mekuxxx, High Chief (Condemned to blackness tribalist), Manchy7431 (team tribalist member), Proud-Igbo, Htajz, OdualSoja, Bashr8 (super frustrated tribalist, ha!), Ezeuche (you should be number 2 just after Dendenson1, condemned tribalist), Ngodigha1 (tribalistic team mate with hate), Phreahrabbit (tribalist, trying to get promotion), DayoKanu (Ha! he is now a core tribalist too), lagcity (ha! tribalist), BEAF (OMG! How did I almost forget Supreme Tribalist Commander pretender), Uche2005 (also wants to split Nigeria in a different way using all kinds of maps), ACM10 (hateful tribalist, rank frustrated seargent), Ikeymann (subtle tribal quartermaster, plays every position in the game), BlueTooth~ (Ha, charirman tribal company), etc, etc!

There are many more but the more senior ones on this list know their super-boss when they meet them and you will see them abusing that I have called them out. Not all on this list are the usual aggressors, but they are as complicit from both sides. There are more on NL with multiple IDs. These people mostly are responsible for "This post has been hidden" especially the devil-assisted tribalists like Odedenson, OnlyLIES, Logic Mind (large tribalism shareholder) and CO. So, there is no need to waste time e-tribalizing the post. The Nigerian Army is on standby anywhere you want to fight. We are tired of how everyone is keeping them down because me myself, the thought that you people are blind sided by elites of every tribe stealing money, expanding and promoting corruption, etc while you fight is enough motivation to want to see you take on the armed forces. Yes, you are the majority of Nigeria and even the French, Britain, America are all tired. So, start your offensive immediately because WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR USELESS whining, complaints and empty threats!

I guess the only reason my name is there is because I push for an SE/SS political alliance. I don't care if that pains you, bro; it only shows you don't know the meaning of ethnic bigotry.
Next time you write a least, make sure to include only the real ethnic bigots Eko Ile and Gbawe, it is not enough to mention mekusx who no longer posts.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by OneNaira6: 4:37am On Mar 28, 2012
torkaka: @dede1

ROFLMFAO @ the bolded.

That has to be the funniest thing I've read on NL so far. Una love twisting history. ROFL.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by ekwynwa: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2012
karl max:
@trokaka

An ARO is also an akpa man that is why there present location is in ibom in arochuwkwu and an Aro man is IGBO so they fought and defeated the ibibios and took them prisoners and sold them to slavery....more over if Ʊ say akpas won the war why wasn't the war called AKPA- IBIBIO WAR! Why was it called ARO-IBIBIO WAR?
If Ʊ can't come up with an answer to the ABoVE question it only confirm what I said earlier Ʊ people are as slippery as a snake!!
In between which war has ur forefathers fought without allies!!

Even the almighty USA go to war with allies.I respect the igbos in the civil war when ur people and the hausa fulani with some minority and the middle belt fought one tribe with the help of intenational communityand they held their own for more than a year is an achievement ur people should be ashamed for even bragging about it

[b]I as an okirika man is ashamed of the role my forefathers played in that war!! Looking at event in todays nigeria and knowing that people like adaka boro was murdered by ur coward brother adekunle who ambushed and killed him to take the glory that people like Ʊ come to naira land to spew and knowing that I share a country with 2faced tribe like yours make me sick to the bones.[/b]igbos has never one a waR so ARO'S are not igbo and it was AKPAS that won the WAR NOT ARO then why was the war called ARO-IBIBIO war? If ur not daft and stupid Ʊ should be able to give us answer asap

God Bless You.Igbo people’s eyes re opened too, we will always ve our cousin brothers’ back, their divide and rule tactics will never work again.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2012
CyberG: I'd like to thank contributors, both positively and otherwise, to this thread. I see many altruistic posters using every fragment of their brain cell to show Dedenson1 the light. Sorry, but this will not work and I ask that you review his track record of blind tribalism here on NL and he taught most of his disciples (listed earlier) the art and science of tribalism. However, let us keep the sole objective of this thread in view:

A REMATCH of the CIVIL WAR OF 1967 - 1970. I know many Igbos, including my friends, who would find contemplating even a daily rehash totally distasteful but the little-minded, poisonous tribalists have swore not move on after 42 years and NOT that they saw even a bird during the war. That is already and documented even on this website. Since the new generation war-mongers believe their forebears didn't fight well enough, could and should have "won" the war, blame everyone else including foreign nations, it is expedient that we have this rematch to put the issue to bed - after they have proved better than the 1960s combatants and get "VICTORY".

This post is a reminder because for 3 days since this REMATCH was called, they have just been talking, NO ACTION. The Nigerian Army, Navy, Air Force including SANE Nigerians from every tribe have been waiting. Now, you have 4 more days to even put some action to your words. Since you want to settle the scores, start NOW. The COAS, Lieutenant General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika, and his men are waiting. So is Navy, Air Force, even Police, Boy Scout, Girls Scout, Man O War, and regular people including your parents who saw the war and will probably slap SENSE into your head! But hey, you still have 4 days and everyone is waiting! If you don't do anything still, please shut up, find a real job and get a life! To everyone, me love you all and I can't wait to take a vacation to Nigeria again! kiss

Ahem jare! Thank you again.
Your thread has yeilded good fruits. The tribalists are getting tired and have taken your message to heart.
I have been waiting for you.

Your thread has been DRY in your absence!
I just got back from Nigeria and I can't wait to go again in 6 months.
God bless you for your super sweet post!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by emmke(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2012
Torkaka what a great lecture. Dede, hope u learn one or two things. No be by grammar, lol.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Olaolufred(m): 11:43am On Mar 28, 2012
[b][/b]
One_Naira:

I'm just going to assume we are disregarding the pre-colonial war if not then this has got to be biggest and dumbest lie I've read by an NL member, if so then I'm just going to be frank and ask what other war has any other Nigerian group been into beside Biafra war and I mean any inter-tribal war between Northern and southern group or even a war between a Nigerian group and a non-Nigerian group. I no care just name one, anyone? I'll even give you permission to use a war between una deities, I no care just name that?

While in the Biafra war, Nigeria boast of winning yet forgetting they won thanks to Britain, American, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco, etc. If una won a war without help against a group that had little to no help then una have mouth to chest-beat. I'll give an example: Somalia kicked the @ss of America during a 1 on 1 fight between the group without help from anyone. They have mouth to chest-beat, Nigeria on the other do not at all. It like 10 of my friends and I jumping a guy and coming out victories, followed by I chest-beating and talking about how I won that fight and kicked that random guy's @ss knowing them well if not for the 10 people that helped me and gave me a disadvantage, there is no way in he11 I could have won.

As for the bolded, I'm just going to be frank again and ask what the fu2k do you think Massob is? I guess you want them to turn to Boko Haram number two before you see them abi? Don't wish for something you cannot stop. Na my own advice
I think una just mouth off and say whatever it is that comes to una mind without thinking.
[b][quote author=One_Naira]

War between Nations has always come with interests.
International Diplomacy is a thing one must think off when rehearsing or having a war-game.
The guy who is wise to use resources other than only himself to achieve his aim is wise.
That is why employers are always richer than their employee.
Those country you mentioned supported Nigeria probably because Biafra could not made them see why they should be supported.
That War failed because someone wants to be the Alpha and Omega of the republic. Pushing the the diplomatic Bigwigs Dr. Azikiwe to the backyard. To the extent of sending
Dr. Micheal Okpara to jail.
Diplomatically, Ojukwu didn't do well. In terms of aggression, He got a whooping high score. Wisdom will always prevail over "Na only me sabi" mentality.
Today, Biafra is dead. If the fighters on Nairaland want to prove otherwise, they should leave Nairaland and go to the streets with their weapons.
That is when we can know the true test of the North, West and others who may not be part of the Idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Corrupt Leaders (dead/alive) According To CNN / I Won’t Recognise Convention Outcome – Sheriff / Delta State Remains Biggest Contributor To National Cake – Udoh,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.