Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,243 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:43 AM

How Can This Be Peace??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can This Be Peace??? (1037 Views)

52 Inspirational Quotes By The Holy Prophet Muhammad [ Peace Be Upon Him ] / Converting To Islam: British Women On Prayer, Peace And Prejudice / Conversation Between Prophet Muhammad (peace Be Upon Him) And The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 25, 2012
I am really appalled by the threat deaths this author received !! How can this be a religion of peace? embarassed I don't understand this. Please watch this! I believe such death threats can never come from a christian community. Please Muslims should educate me on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-71XyNMzHY&feature=related
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Callotti: 7:08am On Mar 25, 2012
You don't need to be educated. People are people whereever they may be.
No different from this. . .all because of 'inate' wickedness, intolerance and oppression.
Hiding under the cloak of religion for the most part.

You can never talk about Muslims without Christians.
Two sides of the same coin. . .EXTREMELY BIGOTTED! kiss

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI[/flash]

Can Christians please explain?
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by emofine2(f): 7:46am On Mar 25, 2012
Disgusting. I just don’t understand these sick people at all. If those children were actually supposed witches then could they not even consider in their warped twisted mind that the accused children may actually use their alleged black magic to deal with them in return due to the torture meted out to them? If those children are witches what about those who born them?

Which is even better sef. . .to be a witch or a child killer/abuser?

I’ve always contemplated if all people were actually mature enough to handle the responsibility of religion because so many unbalanced people give their religion a bad name.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
This is where you people miss the point; Christianity by default is flawless and you all know that. Even Jesus Christ laid great emphasis on how God values little Children and how well they must be treated. The same bible talks about the emergence of many false prophets and "men of God" and how their actions will mislead the people, and their pracices, paint an ugly picture of Christianity, in the last days. This by no means says that there are no true men of God,no.
Children should very innocent, I agree, but in the world of spirituality, nothing should take any one by surprise because it is a different game entirely. However, because of the present state of the Church, one can not simple make conjectures about what ever one sees; those Children will most probably be innocent(false pastors), but there is still a chance of they not being what they appear to be( if the man of God was genuinely called by God). Just an addendum, a True man of God will not PHYSICALLY attack those kids if it were real....

Christianity- other religions== Huge difference my friends.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by maclatunji: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
^Just to let you know, you yarned rubbish up there. Don't bother, I don't have time for you after this.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
haha Mclantunji cheesy uno wan educate me?? I opened this post just to learn why educated men will ask for another person to be put to death because of a book he wrote. No divert please.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
ekwah: haha Mclantunji cheesy uno wan educate me?? I opened this post just to learn why educated men will ask for another person to be put to death because of a book he wrote. No divert please.

Without watching the video, I know where you are coming from and where you are headed. Type the name of the guy in question and ask why the ruling was placed on him at this website

http://www.searching-islam.com

You want an education? I have given you a place you will receive more education than you will ever need. Now gleefully thank me and run-along to receive it.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 01, 2012
I know all that bro; I grew up in the far north with lots of muslim friends. What I do not understand in the documentary above is the calls made by muslims WORLDWIDE and even educated men for a WRITER to be STONED TO DEATH because of what he wrote about the 'flawless' Mohammed (S.A.W.). I don't understand why the "followers" of a religion of "peace" will make such an outcry, u can't answer that right?. I still look forward to people raising tangible claims/questions about Jesus/Christianity, a situation which unfortunately has not been the case with muslims/Islam because of their actions when ever people ask genuine questions about their beliefs.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Without watching the video, I know where you are coming from and where you are headed. Type the name of the guy in question and ask why the ruling was placed on him at this website

http://www.searching-islam.com

You want an education? I have given you a place you will receive more education than you will ever need. Now gleefully thank me and run-along to receive it.

Patiently read this:
Mr I went into search and found this:
1) Most teachings in Islam and the OLD TESTAMENT of the Christians' bible are identical.
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]
Moreover, if we read Manusmriti, the Law book of the Hindus, it says:
“If a man born of a lower class intentionally bothers a priest, the king should punish him physically with various forms of corporal and capital punishment that make men shudder.” [Manusmriti 9:248]

"Regarding the punishment for blasphemy in Islam, it is mentioned in the Glorious Qur’an, Surat Al-Maidah 5:33
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.

جو لوگ خدا اور اس کے رسول سے لڑائی کریں اور ملک میں فساد کرنے کو دوڑتے پھریں ان کی یہی سزا ہے کہ قتل کر دیئے جائیں یا سولی چڑھا دیئے جائیں یا ان کے ایک ایک طرف کے ہاتھ اور ایک ایک طرف کے پاؤں کاٹ دیئے جائیں یا ملک سے نکال دیئے جائیں یہ تو دنیا میں ان کی رسوائی ہے اور آخرت میں ان کے لیے بڑا (بھاری) عذاب تیار ہے
""
BUT
The birth of Christianity comes in the New Testament as predicted in the Old testament about the coming of JESUS Christ the saviour of the world!
Christianity, which is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the New testament preaches:
That one should love ones enemies and pray for them; an improvement on the Old law in the old testament which says hate your enemies.
That even looking at a woman lustfully is a sin; unlike what was stated in the Old testament about a physical involvement as the definition of adultery.
That God is the ultimate judge so no one has the right to stone/kill/maim another because they blaspheme God or because of their sins, more so as we are all guilty of sin...
These, with a thousand other teachings make Christianity what it is my bro, I know what I am talking about:

Islam permits hanging/maiming and other physical punishments depending on what degree of 'sin' is committed, Christianity does not!! I grew up under the shari'a law, I have seen businesses crash when HISBAH officials attack stores that sell alchoholic drinks because it is against Allah's teaching. Christianity preaches against alcholism too, but he who chooses to be one will pay the price on the day of judgement; attacking others because they sell alcholol is never promoted. I do not seek to make comparisons but I want to understand why hanging/maiming some kind of 'sinners' makes Islam a religion of peace.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 01, 2012
maclatunji: ^Just to let you know, you yarned rubbish up there. Don't bother, I don't have time for you after this.

How about the case in which mallams/imams flog the hell out of ladies on the account that they posses aljanu. I am not ignorant my bro, these things happen but all I am saying is that the bible warned Christians beforehand against false prophets/pastors; any one who false into their den is to blame.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by maclatunji: 7:27am On Apr 01, 2012
ekwah:

How about the case in which mallams/imams flog the hell out of ladies on the account that they posses aljanu. I am not ignorant my bro, these things happen but all I am saying is that the bible warned Christians beforehand against false prophets/pastors; any one who false into their den is to blame.

On anybody under any name flogging someone to exorcise a Jinn out of them, I am telling you that it has no basis in Islam. They are doing their own thing.

Search for 'Exorcism in Islam' from the same website I gave you. Look, I read your other post and quite frankly do not have the time to babysit you and start explaining things to you when you have no intention to actually learn and are only interested in promoting your own position(s) based on what you have stuffed in your head over the years.

To critique Islam you have to learn Islam as Islam teaches not what an opponent of the religion says. You can then evaluate your findings and come-out with a position that may not be acceptable to people like me but would portray you at least being beyond the pathetic minion you are looking like at the moment.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
pathetic minion[/color] I will ignore this.
Maclatunji I believe you are different fro the others now. Even though you have chosen to ignore the verses I quoted above. Are you now saying in conclusion that the verse I quoted above no longer functions? And that exorcism by flogging no longer exists shocked and that these:

[color=#990000]THEFT

'According to the Qur’an, the punishment for theft is amputation of the hands:

As to the thief, male or female, cut off their hands as a reward of their own deeds, and as an exemplary punishment from God. For God is Mighty and Wise. But whoever repents and mends his ways after committing this crime shall be pardoned by Allah. Allah is forgiving and merciful.’ (5:38-39)

This shows that the amputation of hands is the utmost punishment and should only be administered when the criminal does not deserve any mitigation as far as the nature and circumstances of his crime are concerned.
Consequently, this punishment shall be administered even if a person repents and reforms himself, and after receiving this punishment in this world, he shall only be forgiven in the Hereafter if he repents and mends his ways. ' Also death can be applied, apart from a murderer, to one who commits Fasaad fi al-ardh like Treason / Apostacy, terrorism, Homosexual behaviour..." is no longer true? I doubt it.
Mclatunji I can guess you are a peace-loving Muslim(I hope I am right), my experience in the hands of your fellow believers has been super brutal so I seek to understand how peace can be promoted by a religion that validates the elimination of peoples lives under certain conditions apart from murder.Also don't forget Surat Al-Maidah 5:33

If I know anything about Islam, I learnt it myself because I wanted to understand why those people up north always behave the way they did. The way they attack and maim Christians at the slightest provocation embarassed. You are very impatient with me my bro and I can see why; none of you can stand people asking you questions about your beliefs, you quickly dismiss them . :-
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by LagosShia: 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2012
amazing propaganda indeed!

the OP who is as loving and humble as salman rushdie and his british guardians who know nothing but how to celibrate valentine's day as the documentary wants us to buy,should remind themselves of the plot they set up to provoke muslims,test the faith and devotion of muslims and offend them either in a bid to humiliate them with falsehood and satanism or force them into submission by attributing satanism to them.

the fatwa of the late Ayatollah Khomeini (may Allah be plased with him) succeeded in exposing the backers of salman rushdie and forcing them to show manners and respect muslims.it went to show that salman rushdie was not a simple civilian acting on his own without the active support of the british government and intelligence to motivate his attack against muslims and then to protect him.why would the british government encourage an offense against over a billion muslims and then go ahead to provide safe haven and heavy protection (free of charge) for rushdie? i dont think if there was no sort of agreement and understanding between the british government and rushdie,such generosity would be show to rushdie.

these imperialistic schemes and provocations against Islam are only meant or intended to test or weaken the faith and resolve of muslims to stand on their own and protect what is dear to them.and with time,the muslim devotion and faith however tested will prove to be unwavering.recently,it was in afghanistan.

for those criticizing the fatwa,even in the west libel/defamation is an offense.can anyone question the chastity or character of the queen in britain without punishment? or is treason not punishable in britain?there are blasphemy laws for christianity in britain where a large muslim population lives,while non was to stop the deliberate insult against muslims.also,who should bear responsibility for the innocent people killed in protests because of rushdie's stubborness to cease his stupidity? its not like he wasn't adviced or given time to stop the insult and humiliation he was motivated to channel against muslims.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
these imperialistic schemes and provocations against Islam are only meant or intended to test or weaken the faith and resolve of muslims to stand on their own and protect what is dear to them.and with time,the muslim devotion and faith however tested will prove to be unwavering.recently,it was in afghanistan.

what is religion without sincere questioning? Does it make any sense to be religious and not be open to other peoples ridicule/questions/criticisms? I love the way Maclatunji responded even though he didn't clarify certain things I hoped he would comment on. To say Ayatollah was right doesn't make any sense. If a man blasphemes God, it is for God to judge and not for any man to interfere because NO MAN can help God fight HIS battle(based on my Christian beliefs). Ayatollah was just drunk with power. He didn't want people to see him as weak or afraid of western powers. What right or power had he, to even pronounce death on someone who lived in another country entirely and the way the Muslim community responded too; very surprising(for followers of a religion of peace). People should be free to say whatever they want and I will re-iterate that any Christian who reacts violently against people's statements/writings or whatever, does not practice what the bible says.I have researched and came up with some of the Qura'anic verses above and will still say I do not get how Islam promotes peace by stating that certain offenders should be hanged/maimed or be given some gruesome physical punishment for their 'sins' even before the day of judgement.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
ekwah: I am really appalled by the threat deaths this author received !! How can this be a religion of peace? embarassed I don't understand this. Please watch this! I believe such death threats can never come from a christian community. Please Muslims should educate me on this.

thus Muslims that kill because of faith are not true Muslims. A true Muslim convert people by showing the person true peace. Those you posted are just doing their own thing.

Muslims and Christians can live together in peace.

1 Like

Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by LagosShia: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
ekwah: these imperialistic schemes and provocations against Islam are only meant or intended to test or weaken the faith and resolve of muslims to stand on their own and protect what is dear to them.and with time,the muslim devotion and faith however tested will prove to be unwavering.recently,it was in afghanistan.

what is religion without sincere questioning? Does it make any sense to be religious and not be open to other peoples ridicule/questions/criticisms? I love the way Maclatunji responded even though he didn't clarify certain things I hoped he would comment on. To say Ayatollah was right doesn't make any sense. If a man blasphemes God, it is for God to judge and not for any man to interfere because NO MAN can help God fight HIS battle(based on my Christian beliefs). Ayatollah was just drunk with power. He didn't want people to see him as weak or afraid of western powers. What right or power had he, to even pronounce death on someone who lived in another country entirely and the way the Muslim community responded too; very surprising(for followers of a religion of peace). People should be free to say whatever they want and I will re-iterate that any Christian who reacts violently against people's statements/writings or whatever, does not practice what the bible says.I have researched and came up with some of the Qura'anic verses above and will still say I do not get how Islam promotes peace by stating that certain offenders should be hanged/maimed or be given some gruesome physical punishment for their 'sins' even before the day of judgement.

as for those verses you are refering to thinking you found treasure unseen before,you should check this post in another thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/399131/islam-begat-terrorism-world/7#9829792

as for whatever you think about the Ayatollah or your views,they make no difference.the fatwa shook the stronghold of agressive kufr and put them in their right position not to infringe on the beliefs of others.criticism and questioning is one thing and permitted islamically.insult,blasphemy and provocation is another thing altogether.you dont call someone a pro$titute and think she wouldn't slap you with her shoe.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 02, 2012
LagosShia:

as for those verses you are refering to thinking you found treasure unseen before,you should check this post in another thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/399131/islam-begat-terrorism-world/7#9829792

as for whatever you think about the Ayatollah or your views,they make no difference.the fatwa shook the stronghold of agressive kufr and put them in their right position not to infringe on the beliefs of others.criticism and questioning is one thing and permitted islamically.insult,blasphemy and provocation is another thing altogether.you dont call someone a pro$titute and think she wouldn't slap you with her shoe.

so your conclusion now is that the writer deserved to be KILLED/MAIMED/BEHEADED/put under death sentence for what he wrote?? chei grin I bow for you o. U try well well.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by maclatunji: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2012
^Since you have mentioned the North, let me point out some things to you. What happens in the North has nothing to do with Islam. When such crisis happen, Yoruba Muslims, Christians get killed.

Boko Haram, have killed more Hausa Muslims than any tribe yet. These are politically motivated killings and have no basis in religion.

As for the Fatwa on Salman Rushdie. Whatever, you think of it, it was declared by the de facto Head of State of Iran at the time, this is not the same as killings in the North.

No Governor or even Emir will come-out and say start killing Christians that should tell you that rather than Islam, issues like tribalism, Xenophobia, lack of education, politics and poverty fuel the appalling violence you see in the North.

In an Islamic state no individual has the right to kill another for any reason. The state has mechanisms to put to death those that it deems fit according to the Sharia which of course is its constitution.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2012
^^^ I get you bro:
I just want to add that my experience has nothing to do with Boko Haram as I am not in the north right now; even though we wouldn't agree on certain things I must say that the actions of several muslims up North really makes Islam seem the way it is to most other people. We may be correct, or it may just be that there is something else about these northerners that make most of them behave the way they do.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by LagosShia: 9:36am On Apr 02, 2012
ekwah:

so your conclusion now is that the writer deserved to be KILLED/MAIMED/BEHEADED/put under death sentence for what he wrote?? chei grin I bow for you o. U try well well.

it would be overly simplistic for anyone to say that rushdie just wrote a book and Ayatollah Khomeini (ra) passed a fatwa for his head.if you yourself who posted the documentary watched the video,you will clearly see that what led eventually to a fatwa is chain of events.i watched the documentary up to the end.even with attempt to sugarcoat things,rushdie's disgusting personality still came out shining.

from all indications rushdie was motivated to write his book aiming to insult and humiliate the entire muslim population around the world with baseless imaginations and rude words.

this isn't a matter of even freedom to express oneself or to believe.it has to do with a premeditated approach aimed at causing uproar.there are many implications one could read from the attitude of rushdie and his british backers.his level of literary aggression produced a fatwa to counter the aggression by rushdie and his backer.

simple sounding unbelief and contempt for any faith is one thing.but going as far as making an unjustified onslaught on an entire community over a billion to deliberately cause confusion,disgust and humiliation in a politicized manner is not justified.
Re: How Can This Be Peace??? by LagosShia: 9:44am On Apr 02, 2012
ekwah: ^^^ I get you bro:
I just want to add that my experience has nothing to do with Boko Haram as I am not in the north right now; even though we wouldn't agree on certain things I must say that the actions of several muslims up North really makes Islam seem the way it is to most other people. We may be correct, or it may just be that there is something else about these northerners that make most of them behave the way they do.

the actions of muslims is not always justified in Islam.i could also agree with you that the attitude of northerners to a large extent is a disgrace to Islam and i feel bad to be associated with them.take for example the idea of shunning education.this isnt islam but the idea has made many to think this is how muslims are and it is what islam promotes.

(1) (Reply)

What Would Have Happened If... / 17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam / Muslims Who Believe Dr. Zakir Naik Are Doomed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.