Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,018 members, 7,942,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN (4426 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff / PDP Convention: Live Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by bisiaet: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
quote]Have you ever heard the word 'opposition'? I doubt it. Go and vent your anger pounding yam.[/quote]

I also guess you are missing a lot of common sense indeed kindly go back to my response to this thread and read it over again you will understand what i'm trying to say. I can now see ignorant is a deadly disease. And nose diving in the name of opposition is a complete nonsense.

I will say it over and over let ACN the party I belong to please focus on how to sort themselves out and remove the dirty logs among them than focusing on PDP that are not even thinking about them. Is either you take it or not mr that is the honest truth. PDP convetion is none of ACN problem. And the truth is what make ACN better of? Is it the way Tinubu, his family and gangs hijackED the party(ACN) to their own interest or what? Please let leave talk abeg nobody is a mugu biko.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by 1luvkipsus: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
RASCALS!!!!!TOUTS!!!!
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
bisiaet: To be honest can't ACN(my party) "shhhrrrraaaapppp" for a once. Why cant ACN just for once mind their business, why giving themselves headache about people who do not even worry about them? Please either PDP convetion or PDP confusion or PDP culvution and commotion is none of ACN f u c k i n g business this is how ACN will be busy attacking, opposing, plenty talk and the so called PDP will be gathering momentum and win the general election again.

Just keep talking blablablablabla all the time. Today is Tinubu say this, tomorrow the National secretary(ACN) says that pls enough of all these rants and jargon its like given PDP more popularity day by day because the more blablabla the more this so called PDP grows in momentum to be honest. I'm sick of this and pissed off.

The same flame that consumed AD is about to consume ACN as well. Since ACN is an offshoot of AD, history is only repeating itself.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by mbulela: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
Look who is talking??
These ACN clowns are delusional. At least PDP pretend to have internal democracy not the Bordillon road selection that happens in ACN.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Aladinn(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
bisiaet: quote]Have you ever heard the word 'opposition'? I doubt it. Go and vent your anger pounding yam.

I also guess you are missing a lot of common sense indeed kindly go back to my response to this thread and read it over again you will understand what i'm trying to say. I can now see ignorant is a deadly disease. And nose diving in the name of opposition is a complete nonsense.

I will say it over and over let ACN the party I belong to please focus on how to sort themselves out and remove the dirty logs among them than focusing on PDP that are not even thinking about them. Is either you take it or not mr that is the honest truth. PDP convetion is none of ACN problem. And the truth is what make ACN better of? Is it the way Tinubu, his family and gangs hijackED the party(ACN) to their own interest or what? Please let leave talk abeg nobody is a mugu biko.

The fact is, both parties have their low points as you've rightly started with ACN, but what you failed to understand about politics and opposing parties is the use of propaganda. Its a tool. Pls, get it straight. If you had followed the events, you'll realise dat GEJ threw the 1st jibe. What was his biz with other party activities. He's even the sitting president for that matter, and you expect the opposing party to keep mute when they saw a glaring oppourtunity to reply the jibe? You must be a novice or a potential awful politician. Politics is al about good press. Even a performing party would lose when portrayed in bad press and still keep mute. Politics 101. Hope you learnt something before dashing over to cross-carpet.
NOTE: On a closer look, every household has issues. How would feel when your neighbour makes mockery of the issues in your house.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by begwong: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
Asiwaju Congress of Nigeria(ACN),make una face una own problems first.Kai! a pot calling the kettle black. tongue tongue
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Richvkunt: And where was this(mouth piece) guy when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was imposing his wife,children and son in law on other members of the ACN?
Talk about a pot calling a kettle black.
There is NO internal democracy in ANY political party in Nigeria.
In fact there is NO democracy in Nigeria!

Gbawe:

Some of you should learn to use the brain God gave you instead of pandering to emotions alone. What is the international reputation of the PDP if not 12 years of wanton looting, corruption and hideous misrule? Now tell me how the ACN has performed in the two states (Edo and Lagos) it has had enough time to demonstrate the ability to deliver decisive leadership.

I will not even go into what respective parties do in our legislative houses or how they rise up to the challenge of opposition politics. Do your own homework. Suffice to say it is madness to say the ACN is the same as PDP when one Party has destroyed many Nigerian State and central government over 12 years while the other party has done well, over a much shorter period of time, administering the only two states it used to control. The reasoning of some nairalanders is a joke no doubt tainted by clannishness and ethnic jingoism. Some of us should learn to work with facts regardless of personal leanings and affiliations.

[b]Under normal circumstances I would have ignored you but the fact you went insults way will make me reply you.
Please in future state your point and try not to trade insults.
PDP and ACN are birds of a feather with different names.
If you are so biased that you fail to see it,I am sorry I can not help you.
You pointed out Edo and Lagos as examples of the wonderful job ACN is doing-fine.
I can also point out the wonderful job Godswill Akpabio of the PDP has done in Akwa Ibom State and The good work Donald Duke did in Cross River State-That will not make me blind to the corrupt elements in the PDP,as you have been blinded to the corrupt elements in the ACN.
Last time I checked Mr Tom Ikimi was a member of the ACN in the quoted Edo state-We all know his antecedents.
The Lagos you are talking about is not all that,with the agberos and thugs that have taken over all the bus stops in Lagos and I understand these touts make returns to the Godfather of ACN.
What of Ikuforiji and the corruption in the State house of assembly?
What of all the contracts in the ACN states being awarded to Mr Tinubus companies? Is this not corruption?
As I said there is no democracy in Nigeria-Be it in the ACN or in the PDP.
You are just too biased to see it,even though it is staring you in your face![/b]
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by gregg2: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Whatever, ACN is still worst than PDP by far.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by seunlayi(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
twinstaiye: Let them organise one too, and let us compare.
Yes, let them organize one then, we can compare

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by seunlayi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

[b]Under normal circumstances I would have ignored you but the fact you went insults way will make me reply you.
You pointed out Edo and Lagos as examples of the wonderful job ACN is doing-fine.
I can also point out the wonderful job Godswill Akpabio of the PDP has done in Akwa Ibom State and The good work Donald Duke did in Cross River State-That will not make me blind to the corrupt elements in the PDP,as you have been blinded to the corrupt elements in the ACN.
Last time I checked Mr Tom Ikimi was a member of the ACN in the quoted Edo state-We all know his antecedents.
The Lagos you are talking about is not all that,with the agberos and thugs that have taken over all the bus stops in Lagos and I understand these touts make returns to the Godfather of ACN.
What of all the contracts in the ACN states being awarded to Mr Tinubus companies? Is this not corruption?
You are just too biased to see it,even though it is staring you in your face![/b]
I just love people like this that has eyes and can make the best use of it unlike those that move around treads making biased comments. Hope other Nigerians can open their eyes and see.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Beaf: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
Aladinn:
Have you ever heard the word 'opposition'? I doubt it. Go and vent your anger pounding yam.

Lol! Make una no let laf kill us o! grin
That was rib cracking.

Bruv, can you please beg Gbawe to stop venting like an NURTW operative or the demon, pazuzu? The likes of him and Aregbesola are giving ACN a very wretched image.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
gregg2: Whatever, ACN is still worst than PDP by far.

Of course the ACN is worse. That is why it is the Party slaughtering Nigerians brutally with Boko haram. To stand logic on it`s head and disregard facts is a Nigerian habit. No one would say the ACN is a party of saint but it is only blind and inobjective bias that would lead anyone to say the ACN is worse than the PDP or the same as it. The PDP is easily the most evil Party in Africa and perhaps the world. Nigeria only has a devastated Country to show for the PDP 12 years control of central power. It is called the lesser of two devils. Those who truly understand that concept and are personally honest will admit that the PDP is in it's own class as per sheer evil, corruption and gross misrule.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Beaf: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:
Of course the ACN is worse. That is why it is the Party slaughtering Nigerians brutally with Boko haram. To stand logic on it`s head and disregard facts is a Nigerian habit. No one would say the ACN is a party of saint but it is only blind and inobjective bias that would lead anyone to say the ACN is worse than the PDP or the same as it. The PDP is easily the most evil Party in Africa and perhaps the world. Nigeria only has a devastated Country to show for the PDP 12 years control of central power. It is called the lesser of two devils. Those who truly understand that concept and are personally honest will admit that the PDP is in it's own class as per sheer evil, corruption and gross misrule.

. . .aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, yesterday, stormed the party secretariat in Ogba
. . .
Market women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” [b][size=14pt]trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits at a junction called “Orita Esu” (devil’s junction) in Isolo [/size][/b]with various placards to show their grievances against the [size=14pt]imposition [/size]of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

People have been taking swipes at PDP because they're the party in power but it's obvious that ACN, despit being in the opposition are worse democratically than PDP. PDP happens to be the only or few parties that conduct primaries. When has ACN ever conducted a primary election before. You claim ACN governors have performed more than their PDP counterparts, tell the me the ACN governor that can compete with the likes of Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio and former cross river governor, Donald Duke. None.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Please, peep this post and tell us how you really feel. Don't forget to vote as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/900383/if-youre-sick-tired-e-wars
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

My friend, you are the biased one here. How many states did the ACN and PDP control for you to be talking about
Akpabio? Do you understand how statistical inferences are made using population,mean, median and ratio? How on earth will anyone compare a Party that could only produce a few performers and many recalcitrant looters and misrulers, despite controlling most Nigerian States, to a Party that produced performers in the only two States held i.e Edo and Lagos? I PERSONALLY THINK ALL THIS ILLOGICAL AND FRANKLY DISHONEST REVISIONISM CONCERNING THE PDP stems from the clannish desire to defend anything associated with GEJ while maligning anyone/anything percieved to be his enemy.

Maybe some of us need a refresher course in how the PDP has used its majority in the executive and legislative arm to deliver nothing but mayhem, death and regression.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by 1025: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
The fact that ACN governors have delivered better governance pound for pound over their PdP mates doesn't make the CAN a better political party.

The PDP has a far advanced internal structure than any other party, one that encourages competition and makes most of political adversarism.

My theory is that the reason the PDP governors haven't performed as brightly as ACN governors is a result of the lack of national control the PDP doesnt-exirt on its governors. Much unlike the ACN where Big Papa Tinubu controls everything including who becomes who and who doesn't.

Take another example, have you heard of anyone being enemies of Tinubu and being successful in ACN? But the pdp has plenty enemies within and they don't send themselves.

@Iolo,
is pdp a political party? if u say yes, pls define a political party to me.
if at all u will define political party, do not forget to add the part which says, the group must have a single political agenda. from obasanjo to yar adua down to jonathan is not suposed to be seen as a change in governance rather a continuation of the same govt. what was the political agenda of obasanjo? what was that of yar adua then tell me the agenda of our able jonathan. i hate to listen to ppl talk about pdp as a party.
i am from imo state but if u look at the structure in lagos state, u will agree with me that fashola started or continued from where tinubu stopped and that is continuity as a result of the same party been in govt.
pdp convention that saw a 60 year old man become the youth leader. is that not madness and a shame to the youth of this nation? look at senator ndume implicating our vice president with terrorism all from the same party and all in the same govt. pdp fighting pdp and a normal person wants to compare pdp with any other group in nigeria.
i can bet with my blood that a robbery gang is far more organised than pdp.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by tunapawizzy: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
irrespective of the fact that PDP is a monster that has done nothing but negative for this country..as regards this matter of internal democracy..truth be told ACN do not have any moral justification to crucify PDP...pot shouldn't call kettle black
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva:

People have been taking swipes at PDP because they're the party in power but it's obvious that ACN, despit being in the opposition are worse democratically than PDP. PDP happens to be the only or few parties that conduct primaries. When has ACN ever conducted a primary election before. You claim ACN governors have performed more than their PDP counterparts, tell the me the ACN governor that can compete with the likes of Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio and former cross river governor, Donald Duke. None.

My guy listen to yourself. So a doctor that saves three lives and kill 24 patients, through incompetence, is a good doctor? Like I said above, most smart folks will know what is responsible for the shameless and illogical revisionism people are now using to whitewash the PDP and malign the ACN by hook or by crook. How can a reasonable person make the PDP to be about it's few performers while ignoring the many destructive devils the Party has produced?

You don't, if reasonable and balanced, ignore the many states the PDP has detroyed to then be talking about Akpabio,Chime and Amaechi. Doing that makes a mockery of the logical thinking that informs decision-making.

By the same token, you don't tag a Party as even remotely similar to the PDP when that Party produced decent administrators for the two states it has controlled for a reasonable lenght of time . It is faulty reasoning by any standard. An easily discredited attempt to revise history fraudulently.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy listen to yourself. So a doctor that saves three lives and kill 24 patients, through incompetence, is a good doctor? Like I said above, most smart folks will know what is responsible for the shameless and illogical revisionism people are now using to whitewash the PDP and malign the ACN by hook or by crook. How can a reasonable person make the PDP to be about it's few performers while ignoring the many destructive devils the Party has produced?

You don't, if reasonable and balanced, ignore the many states the PDP has detroyed to then be talking about Akpabio,Chime and Amaechi. Doing that makes a mockery of the logical thinking that informs decision-making.

By the same token, you don't tag a Party as even remotely similar to the PDP when that Party produced decent administrators for the two states it has controlled for a reasonable lenght of time . It is faulty reasoning by any standard. An easily discredited attempt to revise history fraudulently.

Dude, i'm not saying PDP is the messiah we've been waiting for. But why we criticize them let's not forget that what's going on in PDP is a reflection of the Nigerian society generally, so it's not right to label PDP the devil and ACN the saint because they're birds of a feather. PDP can not be the worse party there is in Nigeria. Infact, all Nigerian parties are guilty of the same thing they accuse PDP of. They're just playing on the minds of Nigerians to get their first and then you will see PDP raised to power 10.

PDP has destroyed some states just like AD/ACN and other political parties. They have also done well in those states i mentioned just like ACN have done well in lagos. But all in all, they're not what we want for Nigeria and unfortunately other parties are no better.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by GboyegaD(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
ACN lacks the moral justification to complain about Jonathan likely becoming a dictator because in Lagos for example, Tinubu single handedly picked the candidates that represented ACN. Thus, they are worse than their PDP counterpart.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by phadat(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

And what the Zap are folks like you going to do about it? You think great nations got to where they are today with dithering citzens who sit on the fence and condemn everyone? Every Nigerian ,as much as possible, should get involved and shape the political party they support to become what they feel it should be.

We should have the spirit and passion to take over from our fathers and rectify the mess we feel they created. The ACN is certainly a better political party than the PDP but no Nigerian Party is beyond redemption if good folks get involved instead of standing back and criticising everyone sanctimoniously while refraining from joining the process that can bring the transformation we all say we want.
and who is going to give you the platform to join and make a change
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by emsquare(m): 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
Talk is cheap!!!
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by mbulela: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2012
Gbawe:

Some of you should learn to use the brain God gave you instead of pandering to emotions alone. What is the international reputation of the PDP if not 12 years of wanton looting, corruption and hideous misrule? Now tell me how the ACN has performed in the two states (Edo and Lagos) it has had enough time to demonstrate decisive leadership. I will not even go into what respective parties do in our legislative houses or how they rise up to the challenge of opposition politics. Do your own homework. Suffice to say it is madness to say the ACN is the same as PDP when one Party has destroyed many Nigerian State and central government over 12 years while the other party has done well, over a much shorter period of time, administering the only two states it used to control. The reasoning of some nairalanders is a joke .
Gbawe, your position on this issue worries me.
We are simply comparing the issue of internal democracy in the parties.
Even the blind can see that there is a semblance of internal democracy in PDP. ACN do not even pretend to practice such. In this regard, ACN is the last party worthy of criticizing PDP.
PDP is a monster and a gift from the pit of hell but when it comes to internal democracy, ACN has a lot to learn from them. That tells you how bad it is with ACN. To claim otherwise is shameful and disingenuous.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2012
mbulela:
Gbawe, your position on this issue worries me.
We are simply comparing the issue of internal democracy in the parties.
Even the blind can see that there is a semblance of internal democracy in PDP. ACN do not even pretend to practice such. In this regard, ACN is the last party worthy of criticizing PDP.
PDP is a monster and a gift from the pit of hell but when it comes to internal democracy, ACN has a lot to learn from them. That tells you how bad it is with ACN. To claim otherwise is shameful and disingenuous.

Dude, rather, it is your own position that worries me because I thought you were one of the balanced members of the forum. The reason I find the revisionism going on here annoying is because we have done this topic to death before and during the general elections.

Some Nigerians never take time to understand the basics. They then inertprete issues parochially and illogically. Someone mentioned earlier that the PDP is superior to the ACN because it conducts primaries. What an arrant display of ignorance. Candidates, for elective positions, can emerge through many methods no less democratic than conducting primaries! !!! Consensus arrangement, negotiation, party elders decisions etc are all legitimate provisions even if some of us don't understand this to be the case. Political parties, naturally, will be at various stages of development. One can then not expect a Party with ten members, all amiably linked, to behave like a Party with a 100,000.00 members focused murderously on sharing "booty".

How can I run my household like yours if I Have two kids and you have twenty? The PDP has many murderous criminals running for few positions. They have no choice but to conduct Primaries to appease those who will lose out. Even now they are murdering Nigerians because some lost out. How , by any stretch of the imagination, is that an internally democratic party when some who lost out embrace terrorism and murder so fervently?

Must the Lib dem Party in the UK, for example, conduct itself like the conservative Party when there are issues (size et al) that informs the peculiar conduct of both Parties. It is entirely false to deem the PDP more internally democratic than others simply because the "biggest party in Africa" has no choice but to appear as if it is conducting a majority vote process to appease many in the "nest of killers". It is what the PDP feel it must do to maintain the "peace" that facilitates the looting of Nigeria,s wealth similar to the amnesty program that keeps the oil flowing while the ND region is still crying blood. Obama and GEJ's reaction to enviromentally harmful oil spills is a potent demonstration of genuine goodwill and the lack of it.

We should all study the provisions laid down ,to include the constitutions of parties themselves, to note tha all Parties are not duty bound to behave as the PDP does to be adjudged democratic. There are many issues to account for and ,similarly, different approaches must be deployed as far as those approaches are legitimate. One (primaries) is not necessarily better than the other (consensus/unopposed candidate). Not accepting that important difference means we will interprete issues wrongly.

OBJ and OGD shamefully conducted two different primaries for exactly the same positions in Ogun State because the PDP is a party full of murderous rancour. They then both announced that they had "won" the Ogun state PDP primaries. How, for god sake, can anyone deem that more democratic than all candidates stepping down for Amosun after amiable negotiations?
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:29am On Mar 27, 2012
For all their "good" intentions and apparent claim to "Progressiveness" ACN has fallen way short of the mark. It is necessary to have opposition parties not for the sake of equity or choice but for the quality of Democracy. It must have a blend of compromise/ideas/values from different stakeholders not just one. ACN should bury their head in shame. It is not to say PDP is the Angel either
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Demdem(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2012
oddy4real:
the A.C.N isnt a better party than the PDP. stop saying bullcrap. the days of ACN propaganda are over as people are wiser

are u aware that the PDP is directly / indirectly directing the affairs of the devilish Boko haram? on that basis, i will pitch my tent with ACN. ACN itself needs to be much more democratic no doubt.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Demdem(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2012
Aladinn:
I've come to realise that English language seemed to be incomprehensible to a lot of people irrespective of their levels of education. Even beaf with his level of exposure, failed to comprehend what was written above. Egbon razist, u fall my hand. Oopps! I almost forgot you're PDP.

Mr English, i think u are lost. u seem to have quoted the wrong person.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Demdem(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2012
deshclones:

and what the fuc..k has other acn governors done for their people??the only acn governor that can compete with the likes of akpabio,amaechi,chime..etc is only oshiomole as fashola has completely lost it in this his second term..dude is doing absolutely nothing in lagos stste..

i prefer pdp 100times over..as we all know what they are capable of doing..not some pretentious peeps like the acn

emmm, sorry. Amaechi has also been very useless this second term so far. He honestly needs to wake up. I think we should rate both parties in %ages. what is the %age of good pdp govs to the total number of PDP govs in the country compared to the %age of good ACN govs to the total number of ACN govs in the country. Definately that of ACN will be higher.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2012
1025:

@Iolo,
is pdp a political party? if u say yes, pls define a political party to me.
if at all u will define political party, do not forget to add the part which says, the group must have a single political agenda. from obasanjo to yar adua down to jonathan is not suposed to be seen as a change in governance rather a continuation of the same govt. what was the political agenda of obasanjo? what was that of yar adua then tell me the agenda of our able jonathan. i hate to listen to ppl talk about pdp as a party.
i am from imo state but if u look at the structure in lagos state, u will agree with me that fashola started or continued from where tinubu stopped and that is continuity as a result of the same party been in govt.
pdp convention that saw a 60 year old man become the youth leader. is that not madness and a shame to the youth of this nation? look at senator ndume implicating our vice president with terrorism all from the same party and all in the same govt. pdp fighting pdp and a normal person wants to compare pdp with any other group in nigeria.
i can bet with my blood that a robbery gang is far more organised than pdp.

This post, i love.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by mbulela: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Dude, rather, it is your own position that worries me because I thought you were one of the balanced members of the forum. The reason I find the revisionism going on here annoying is because we have done this topic to death before and during the general elections.

Some Nigerians never take time to understand the basics. They then inertprete issues parochially and illogically. Someone mentioned earlier that the PDP is superior to the ACN because it conducts primaries. What an arrant display of ignorance. Candidates, for elective positions, can emerge through many methods no less democratic than conducting primaries! !!! Consensus arrangement, negotiation, party elders decisions etc are all legitimate provisions even if some of us don't understand this to be the case. Political parties, naturally, will be at various stages of development. One can then not expect a Party with ten members, all amiably linked, to behave like a Party with a 100,000.00 members focused murderously on sharing "booty".

How can I run my household like yours if I Have two kids and you have twenty? The PDP has many murderous criminals running for few positions. They have no choice but to conduct Primaries to appease those who will lose out. Even now they are murdering Nigerians because some lost out. How , by any stretch of the imagination, is that an internally democratic party when some who lost out embrace terrorism and murder so fervently?

Must the Lib dem Party in the UK, for example, conduct itself like the conservative Party when there are issues (size et al) that informs the peculiar conduct of both Parties. It is entirely false to deem the PDP more internally democratic than others simply because the "biggest party in Africa" has no choice but to appear as if it is conducting a majority vote process to appease many in the "nest of killers". It is what the PDP feel it must do to maintain the "peace" that facilitates the looting of Nigeria,s wealth similar to the amnesty program that keeps the oil flowing while the ND region is still crying blood. Obama and GEJ's reaction to enviromentally harmful oil spills is a potent demonstration of genuine goodwill and the lack of it.

We should all study the provisions laid down ,to include the constitutions of parties themselves, to note tha all Parties are not duty bound to behave as the PDP does to be adjudged democratic. There are many issues to account for and ,similarly, different approaches must be deployed as far as those approaches are legitimate. One (primaries) is not necessarily better than the other (consensus/unopposed candidate). Not accepting that important difference means we will interprete issues wrongly.

OBJ and OGD shamefully conducted two different primaries for exactly the same positions in Ogun State because the PDP is a party full of murderous rancour. They then both announced that they had "won" the Ogun state PDP primaries. How, for god sake, can anyone deem that more democratic than all candidates stepping down for Amosun after amiable negotiations?
Gbawe, thanks for the response.
I think you are purposely muddling issues.
I(can't speak for other posters) am not comparing ACN and PDP as political entities as i think both are just election vehicles.
I would like us to concentrate on the issue of internal democracy or pretensions of same.
What PDP even have is not a model of internal democracy but even in its flawed form, it puts to shame the selection process hoisted from Bourdillion Road by ACN. This is the crux of the matter.
The analogy of not running my family the way you run yours does not hold in this sense. This selection process of ACN should be abhored and detested by any true democrat irrespective of what he or she ends up gaining from the process. I fail to understand how you can defend it?
Leave the comparison of both parties for another day's discussion. This is not the place for it. Aany party that promotes this kind of election process as a form of internal democracy is primitive and anti-democratic as far as internal democracy is concerned.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by mbulela: 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
Gbawe:

so that justifies the Bourdillion selection process?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!! Jonathan Pushes For 8weeks Postponement Of Elections / Jonathan Is Extremely Uncomfortable And Unhappy / Release Kanu Today Or Face War From Tomorrow: Biafra Leaders To 'Zoo' President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.