Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,338 members, 7,888,075 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:45 PM

Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough (4992 Views)

Techno N7 Vs Used Samsung Galaxy S2 / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Just sold my Galaxy S2 after using it for 4months, done all the pimping and roms palava. I used Iphone4 before switching to galaxy and both didn't satisfy me as they both look over hyped with a dumb battery life. Now I am managing my nokia torch since I have no clue on any other phone to use. Can someone please suggest any other phone that has better specs and battery life....Porsche Porsche Porsche on my mind sha.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
colly227: Just sold my Galaxy S2 after using it for 4months, done all the pimping and roms palava. I used Iphone4 before switching to galaxy and both didn't satisfy me as they both look over hyped with a dumb battery life. Now I am managing my nokia torch since I have no clue on any other phone to use. Can someone please suggest any other phone that has better specs and battery life....Porsche Porsche Porsche on my mind sha.

Porsche are very good and reliable German rear engine sport cars. Whatever you do, do not buy the Porsche Boxster,they are a poor mans 911 !!!!
To top it up, Porsche has just opened a dealership in lagos, so servicing, parts and after sales service, would not be a problem !!!

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by engrhamid(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
colly227: Just sold my Galaxy S2 after using it for 4months, done all the pimping and roms palava. I used Iphone4 before switching to galaxy and both didn't satisfy me as they both look over hyped with a dumb battery life. Now I am managing my nokia torch since I have no clue on any other phone to use. Can someone please suggest any other phone that has better specs and battery life....Porsche Porsche Porsche on my mind sha.
I have a Samsung galaxy note with higher battery life. 2500mah, so believe you will experience better battery life
If interested, do let me know
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by engrhamid(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by aieromon(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Porsche are very good and reliable German rear engine sport cars. Whatever you do, do not buy the Porsche Boxster,they are a poor mans 911 !!!!
To top it up, Porsche has just opened a dealership in lagos, so servicing, parts and after sales service, would not be a problem !!!

He was referring to the dull phone and not the car grin angry

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by aieromon(m): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2012

If you have used two of the best smartphones out there and still did not derive satisfaction,I suggest you pocket your damn money and stick to the Nokia 1100.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by SisiKill1: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Dude you sound very knowledgeable, please what is your opinion on where to find the New Samsung S2 GX Sedan?

My specs
I want it in Black and the wooded panel interior. 4-Door Front Wheel Drive Car, 200 bhp, 207 lb-ft, 6-sp Manual, 21 (2011)/31 (2011 mpg 4 passengers, 3300 lb, 2-liter, supercharged, turbocharged, 4-cylinder engine, 16.5 lb/bhp

Most people say go for the two door because it is sportier but honestly, I prefer the four door. . .i just don't think the 2 door brings out the beauty in Samsung S2 GX. Oh I know, I know the 4 door is more expensive but I don't care...Lol. Anyway, What do you think?

Thanks in Advance

4 Likes

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by whiskystan: 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
No just worry about any other phone again for life u criticized s2 and iPhone 4 Smh no just bother, now u r want a dead Bb porsche for Wetin nw.....save ur money

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by aieromon(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Dude you sound very knowledgeable, please what is your opinion on where to find the New Samsung S2 GX Sedan?

My specs
I want it in Black and the wooded panel interior. 4-Door Front Wheel Drive Car, 200 bhp, 207 lb-ft, 6-sp Manual, 21 (2011)/31 (2011 mpg 4 passengers, 3300 lb, 2-liter, supercharged, turbocharged, 4-cylinder engine, 16.5 lb/bhp

Most people say go for the two door because it is sportier but honestly, I prefer the four door. . .i just don't think the 2 door brings out the beauty in Samsung S2 GX. Oh I know, I know the 4 door is more expensive but I don't care...Lol. Anyway, What do you think?

Thanks in Advance

Crazy @$$ chic grin grin grin
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by kelz88(f): 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Didn't you find those battery saving apps useful?? You must have been on the phone 24/7. Best bet is to wait for something better (in your eyes) to be released.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Lexusgs430: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

My specs

Thanks in Advance

Laugh wan tear my belle !!!
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Yorisb: 10:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
LOL @Sisi's comment.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Digriz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
hv u tried Benz Z49 phone wt 350km/hr,try and testify.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by ZUBY77(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
I am using BMW C-3. It has a good battery life since i am still using the 45 arm union battery that came with it. It is better than my previously used peugeot HTC.
Useless op. Why dont you go for vertu?
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by wizard010(m): 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
My God! Twas lyk чou sold уσuя red Ferrari Ãήϑ going for one stupid Porsche #smh...Чou betta go for iphone 4s or wait for iphone 5.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by mekaboy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
I SUGGEST U USE ANY OF THE PHONES BELLOW SINCE U USED SAMSUNG GALAXY AND IPHONE AND SOLD THEM. IF THE BATTERY LIFE WAS THAT BAD WHY WOULD SOMEONE BUY IT FROM YOU, GUESS U BOUGHT SECOND HAND.

IF U USE JUICE DEFENDER OR EVEN THE POWER SAVER MODE IN SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUR BATTER WILL SURELY LAST, BUT SINCE U HAVE HOST THESE PHONES AND YOUR NOT SATISFIED THEN YOU EITHER GO FOR ANY OF THESE PHONES

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by puskin: 11:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
^^Hmmm. . . .nice choice of fones. cool
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
mekaboy: I SUGGEST U USE ANY OF THE PHONES BELLOW SINCE U USED SAMSUNG GALAXY AND IPHONE AND SOLD THEM. IF THE BATTERY LIFE WAS THAT BAD WHY WOULD SOMEONE BUY IT FROM YOU, GUESS U BOUGHT SECOND HAND.

IF U USE JUICE DEFENDER OR EVEN THE POWER SAVER MODE IN SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUR BATTER WILL SURELY LAST, BUT SINCE U HAVE HOST THESE PHONES AND YOUR NOT SATISFIED THEN YOU EITHER GO FOR ANY OF THESE PHONES
I got both of them brand new but I noticed phones are getting smarter while the battery is getting dumber.

kelz88: Didn't you find those battery saving apps useful?? You must have been on the phone 24/7. Best bet is to wait for something better (in your eyes) to be released.
You sound a little right here cos I am on the phone most of the day and it really hurt making the socket a partner.

whiskystan: No just worry about any other phone again for life u criticized s2 and iPhone 4 Smh no just bother, now u r want a dead Bb porsche for Wetin nw.....save ur money
I think I am ending up with this and hope Apple or Samsung gets something better. I just checked out the Specs of BB Porsche Design only to find out it has no special feature.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 27, 2012
engrhamid:
I have a Samsung galaxy note with higher battery life. 2500mah, so believe you will experience better battery life
If interested, do let me know

What is the price of a new one if you've got any and where are you based?
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 27, 2012
wizard010: My God! Twas lyk чou sold уσuя red Ferrari Ãήϑ going for one stupid Porsche #smh...Чou betta go for iphone 4s or wait for iphone 5.

Have you got idea when Iphone5 will be released? Iphone 4s doesn't have any other special feature that differentiates if from Iphone4 besides Siri that doesn't understand my English grin
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Rickyten(m): 12:12am On Mar 27, 2012
Galaxy s11 lamborghini is nt gud it has poor battery life try bugati 3310
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by shilling(f): 12:57am On Mar 27, 2012

I agree that the Galaxy S2 has poor battery life esp compared to other Samsung phones. I have to charge my phone every night.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by EPOMA(m): 1:31am On Mar 27, 2012
yes those fones dont have good battery Life, for you to enjoy them you have be someone who has a car charger, probably work in an office with electricity at all time or invest in a high capacity battery. I have samsung s2 with 2 2300ah batteries which are charged at the same time through a desktop charger, After that am fine for the day.
Over all they are good fones
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 27, 2012
EPOMA: yes those fones dont have good battery Life, for you to enjoy them you have be someone who has a car charger, probably work in an office with electricity at all time or invest in a high capacity battery. I have samsung s2 with 2 2300ah batteries which are charged at the same time through a desktop charger, After that am fine for the day.
Over all they are good fones

Sure they are good phones and I had extra battery for mine but having to wait severally hours to get a fully charged battery is another task. I just hope something better is coming soon
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 27, 2012
Have any other person tried out the Galaxy note? Someone said it has better battery life compared to S2
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by kelz88(f): 2:29am On Mar 27, 2012
colly227:

Sure they are good phones and I had extra battery for mine but having to wait severally hours to get a fully charged battery is another task. I just hope something better is coming soon
Not in a bad way but didn't you have stuff to do rather than being on the phone enough to drain the battery , or are you exaggerating? I'm using the s2 and a day charge is enough for me, and right now I got no life so I'm practically on it the whole day. It's charging as I type. . . First charge all day. Or is your problem more of nepa issue?
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Pakavy(m): 3:13am On Mar 27, 2012
Lexusgs430:

this car is "off d road"" grin
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Not in a bad way but didn't you have stuff to do rather than being on the phone enough to drain the battery , or are you exaggerating? I'm using the s2 and a day charge is enough for me, and right now I got no life so I'm practically on it the whole day. It's charging as I type. . . First charge all day. Or is your problem more of nepa issue?
I've got other things that keeps me busy. What actually gets me stuck to the phone is trying out new stuffs like applications, roms and Kernels of which I must agree that some Kernels gives the phone a better battery life than others. I don't do the gaming thing which seems a little laggy compared to games on Iphone. Can't a mobile have at least 18hrs talk time?
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 27, 2012
Pakavy: this car is "off d road"" grin

The Guy get touch. I wonder where he got such a silly idea. SMH undecided
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by naijamerican: 3:35am On Mar 27, 2012
Get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM version. Truly a fantastic phone with exceptional battery life. Highly recommended.
Re: Galaxy S2 Isn't Enough by LordReed(m): 3:46am On Mar 27, 2012
colly227:
I've got other things that keeps me busy. What actually gets me stuck to the phone is trying out new stuffs like applications, roms and Kernels of which I must agree that some Kernels gives the phone a better battery life than others. I don't do the gaming thing which seems a little laggy compared to games on Iphone. Can't a mobile have at least 18hrs talk time?

I doubt you will get a smart phone with 18hrs TALK TIME. If you are so keen on having loads of apps I am afraid you will not get it any better than what you already had. Else go for a Feature phone rather than a smart phone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO L8: Hios Is Starting - What Does It Mean? / Because I De Own MTN Look At The Messages, They Sent To Me / Huawei Honor 3C!! Alternative To All Tecno Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.