Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,816 members, 7,882,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters (2376 Views)

Presidency distances itself from #istandwithbuhari organization / Fani-kayode's Ex Wife, Yemisi Wada, Distances Herself From Online Publication / Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2007
The only way to get the money back is if we start treating them like the criminals they really are. Prosecute them and make sure they pay back all they stole or pay with their life. Yes Almondjoy, the death penalty for all those thieves!!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Amenhotep(m): 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2007
The world bank itself is a cartel of bankers and very strong and influential financiers. They - the world bank itself - are not interested or serious about this looted money, at the end of the day, it benefits them in one way or the other.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2007
Yes the world bank is benefitting from the loot and so is FRANCE. They refused to cooperate with EFCC in repatriating IBBs loot.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by folahann(m): 12:35am On Nov 05, 2007
The Nigeria map should drawn with ttears henceforth, b'cos am sure Nigeria herslf is crying right now
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by ono(m): 2:03am On Nov 05, 2007
So, almond is a girl afterall. Well.
And come to think of it, how is it that baba OBJ's name is not on that list?
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2007
ono:

So, almond is a girl afterall. Well.
And come to think of it, how is it that baba OBJ's name is not on that list?

Only for six months in a year. I am female in the winter months and male in the summer months for reasons I will leave to your imagination. tongue

How can OBJ's name be on the list--when he is a born-again looter? He has repented and his sins washed by the "Blood"!!! tongue
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by OduduwaSon: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
Mamajama:

Yes the world bank is benefitting from the loot and so is FRANCE. They refused to cooperate with EFCC in repatriating IBBs loot.

And I wonder why Has he (IBB) spread some of Nigeria's wealth judiciously around the Paris Club? A good student always tries 2 be better than his teacher, and in Nigeria's case, we have certainly surpassed our corrupt western colonials in the art of corruption.

Can Ribadu please explain how OBJ can afford his own insecticide spraying planes for Otta Farm, apart from his $24m private jet?
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by chidichris(m): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2007
if nigeria has such a long list with all untouchables at federal level, why is ribadu making noise about kalu, ibori and ngige when we have real criminals dinning with him.
a move by yar adua a couple of days back has revealed the personality of El Rufai for sharing the fct lands to his Boss'(obj) loyalists.
if yar adua gets more serious, nigerians will have a reason to know that ribadu is interpreting a script written by another.
if we call is a war on oposition, it will be worth it but call it corruption, it becomes a movie script.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Bhola(f): 3:06am On Nov 11, 2007
The day we tie all these idiots to poles and hand semis to the public to make a mess out of their faces, is the day corruption will start to decline in Nigeria. I have no hope for the country. Even hope yet to be born, is dead.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Nov 11, 2007
Bhola:

The day we tie all these idiots to poles and hand semis to the public to make a mess out of their faces, is the day corruption will start to decline in Nigeria. I have no hope for the country. Even hope yet to be born, is dead.

That's beginning to sound more and more like the only way to set things right in that country.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 11, 2007
Bhola:

There is but one solution. Someone steps up and disolves this charade called Nigeria. Look at that list . . . northerners stealing money that the north can never generate in the next 200yrs! Let us even assume that Etiebet and co and simply robbing their own family but Umaru Dikko, Ismaila Gwarzo!! shocked Can their states generate 0.005% of what they have in Swiss banks alone?
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Bhola(f): 3:38am On Nov 11, 2007
David, how are we sure they'll not even rob their own bloods? The average leader in Nigeria thinks about only himself. Greed is ultimate. Honestly, if I was in the position the stupid gang leaders in Niger Delta are, with all 'em semis and stuff, I will find a way to get to these idiots.

Another solution, legalize guns in Nigeria. Reason why America can't have a dictator. We'll all come out and kill each other. Any human being will be scared of robbing someone that might have a mean of killing him/her.

Any body here willing to quit talking and ready to do something? You know what the problem of our generation is? We are bunch of talkers. We surely can talk, but to do, is not our forte.

Hope yet to be born, is dead. It's a shame.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 11, 2007
Bhola:

David, how are we sure they'll not even rob their own bloods? The average leader in Nigeria thinks about only himself. Greed is ultimate. Honestly, if I was in the position the stupid gang leaders in Niger Delta are, with all 'em semis and stuff, I will find a way to get to these idiots.

Dont blame the brigands in the Niger Delta . . . we shld be grateful it took them this long to take to violence. Oil was discovered in Bayelsa in 1958 and yet they remain the only state not connected to the national grid. As at 2005, the state capital had only one major tarred highway and yet that area generates about 95% of the national budget.

The northerners are busy stealing money, yet their states are so poor. No wonder they will never agree to fiscal federalism. It will be as good as cutting off their life support machine.

Bhola:

Another solution, legalize guns in Nigeria. Reason why America can't have a dictator. We'll all come out and kill each other. Any human being will be scared of robbing someone that might have a mean of killing him/her.

Legalising of guns solves no problems. Americans don't have a dictator NOT because citizens can just walk up and shoot the president but because they built their nation on a solid foundation of democracy, honesty, rule of law, equality (racism is another story) and the separation of church and state. The judiciary and legislative arms of government keep the executive in check and votes of the common man matter!
Is it that etteh-tainment house of assembly and bunch of aspiring boxers that we can trust to rein in the excesses of Yar Adua?
If our votes counted, Yar Adua wont be busy appointing Ahmadu Ali as an ambassador.

Bhola:

Any body here willing to quit talking and ready to do something? You know what the problem of our generation is? We are bunch of talkers. We surely can talk, but to do, is not our forte.

This here is an example of what you are complaining about. You are advocatiing that others (note: not yourself) quit talking and do something. How about you lead the way?  grin
The truth is even if we chose to "do something" what do we do? Storm Abuja and hang all the thieves there?
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Bhola(f): 4:29am On Nov 11, 2007
davidylan:

This here is an example of what you are complaining about. You are advocatiing that others (note: not yourself) quit talking and do something. How about you lead the way?  grin
The truth is even if we chose to "do something" what do we do? Storm Abuja and hang all the thieves there?

I guess I should have stated it another way. It is, who is willing to join me in doing something.

What can we do? We definitely ain't going to storm Abuja. We need to brainstorm and come up with ideas. I am sure you have a couple ideas, likewise a lot of people. You don't see me in politics section often, because all there is people talking. I sometimes don't believe that our generation wants a better Nigeria. We all have this "siddon look" attitude.

And on the issue of Americans having guns, it is not to go shoot their president. If it was for shooting presidents, it surely will not be under the Bill of Rights. grin
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Uche2nna(m): 4:31am On Nov 11, 2007
Bhola:

At the risk of sounding pro-violence, lemme just say that the Nigerian government remains to be blamed for the trouble in the Niger Delta. U can only fool someone for a limited amount of time.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 11, 2007
Bhola:

I guess I should have stated it another way. It is, who is willing to join me in doing something.

What can we do? We definitely ain't going to storm Abuja. We need to brainstorm and come up with ideas. I am sure you have a couple ideas, likewise a lot of people. You don't see me in politics section often, because all there is people talking. I sometimes don't believe that our generation wants a better Nigeria. We all have this "siddon look" attitude.

Trust me, our problem is not a lack of ideas but how to implement those ideas. The most important solution to our never-ending problems is a return to true FISCAL FEDERALISM. That way no one will be able to foist an ill-prepared chemistry lecturer on us again.
Power is concentrated in too few hands . . . likewise access to oil wealth, illegally refered to as national cake!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by ono(m): 7:27am On Nov 11, 2007
Two solutions stares us all in the face:

1. Split up Nigeria
2. Practice true (fiscal) federalism, where everyone generates their income, pay tax to the centre and keep what belongs to you.

Until then, we'll keep on deceiving ourselves in this country.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2007
Mamajama:

http://againstbabangida.com/content/view/360/27/

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/france-to-try-ex-minister-dan-etete-for-corru.html

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/lounge/34867-nigerias-e-punch.html

http://saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=453

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/africa/TopicSearchResult?Title=ribadu&query_start=21

Please share with us how you arrived at blaming FRANCE and the WORLD BANK for the problem in this case @Mamajamma, Do you think this is the first time they have been called on to help return money??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Obama Finished? / Yar' Adua A Faliure! / Breaking Newseight Die In Fresh Crisis In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.