Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,105 members, 7,973,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:54 AM

You Are ‘old Women,’ Zambian Coach Tells Flamingoes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Are ‘old Women,’ Zambian Coach Tells Flamingoes (804 Views)

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. / Flamingoes Book World Cup Ticket / Kenya Protests Flamingoes Victory. Nigeria's Girls Under 17 Goalkeeper Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are ‘old Women,’ Zambian Coach Tells Flamingoes by free2ryhme: 11:30am On Mar 27, 2012
COACH of the Zambian national U-17 female team, Beauty Mwamba, has said that her girls lost to “old women” and not true U-17 players in weekend’s FIFA U-17 World Cup qualifiers against the Flamingoes of Nigeria.

The Nigerians won the second leg 5-0 in Abeokuta to qualify on 7-1 aggregate and pick the ticket to the championship slated for Azerbaijan later in the year.

But speaking with journalists at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos on their way back to Lusaka, a disappointed Mwamba said that what the Nigerian side paraded at the MKO Abiola Stadium were “old women.”

According to her, it was impossible for her young players to match them: “This is a big shame on the part of Nigeria to be parading ‘old women’ for a competition meant for U-17 players.

“I am ashamed on behalf of your people because if you continue to parade old women at this level, tell me when your country will begin to expose the younger ones at world level?

“I want to say that I am very proud of my young girls for being able to hold their heads against ‘those Nigerian old women called Flamingoes.’ I saw your people jubilating at the end of the match, but to me, it was a show of shame. Players and officials of the Nigerian team should bury their heads in shame.”

It will be recalled that officials of the Kenya U-17 female team also accused Nigeria of fielding over-aged players after losing home and away to the Flamingoes two months ago in the qualifiers for the FIFA U-17 Women World Cup, an accusation the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) described as a cry of a defeated man.

Against Zambia, the coach Peter Dedevbo-led Flamingoes registered two goals in the first half and a further three in the second in weekend’s second leg match.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81311:you-are-old-women-zambian-coach-tells-flamingoes&catid=59:home&Itemid=620
Re: You Are ‘old Women,’ Zambian Coach Tells Flamingoes by DisGuy: 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
na wa o, everyone just dey accuse us

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Hero Shevchenko Involved In Car Crash After Sweden Win - Report / Super Eagles Supporters Club Are Boring / Tired Of The Messi Vs Ronaldo Debate? Why Not Iniesta For The Ballon D’or?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.