Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,817 members, 7,889,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? (1106 Views)

Seun What Is Happening? / Mods, Oga Seun.. What Happened To Our Current Topics And Posts!!! / Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by gulfer: 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
As the heading says, Can you let Nairalanders know if there has been an increase in traffic or the other way round to the NL since the upgrade? Some topics that should have elicited high response rates are observed to be otherwise. Any comment on this?
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by OAM4J: 5:52am On Mar 29, 2012
Do you seriously expect an answer to such question from Seun?

Well lemme give you an idea, the average number of people online from the home page is about the same with both NL1 and NL2. So the traffic is about the same.

NL1 is history now, NL2 can only get better. Get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by Seun(m): 6:08am On Mar 29, 2012
Traffic up, engagement down. There are one or two old features which, if re-implemented, will really help.

1 Like

Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by naptu2: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2012
E-mail notifications would work wonders.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by Seun(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2012
naptu2: E-mail notifications would work wonders.
E-mail notifications re-implemented! The new approach avoids clogging your inbox with e-mails.

1 Like

Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
OAM4J: Do you seriously expect an answer to such question from Seun?

Well lemme give you an idea, the average number of people online from the home page is about the same with both NL1 and NL2. So the traffic is about the same.

NL1 is history now, NL2 can only get better. Get used to it.
:

since seun and his nairaland do not value constructive criticism i pray that a bitter rival forum emerges to give nairaland a run, a fall and a disappearance from the scene
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by tpia5: 2:18am On Mar 30, 2012
the average number of people online from the home page is about the same with both NL1 and NL2. So the traffic is about the same.

nl is a few thousand members short of a million now.

I project the site will most likely have 1 million members possibly by the end of the year.

I suspect the majority of the 870,000+ user ids are probably bots of some sort and not necessarily real people.

a lot of the ids are also multiple ones from the same user/s.

so, there's a method to getting this "high traffic".

compare nl to other (nationality-based) boards like boards.ie for example, and you'll find even though the site has more topics, sections and boards than nl, it's membership is only about half or a third the size of nl.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by tpia5: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2012
also check out immigration board for instance

http://forums.immigration.com/forum.php

210,000+ members and 303586 threads.

compared to nl which has 837,000+ members and 837879 threads.

The thread count is equal to the number of members. There's something weird about that.

here's another example

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/

members 83,000+, threads 33,110.

thread count is lower than total number of members.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by OAM4J: 3:44am On Mar 30, 2012
@tpia@

Interest statistics worth studying, but has nothing to do with the emergence of NL2.

The OP concern is that the introduction of NL2 might have caused a reduction in traffic, but Seun just confirmed my suspicion that the traffic is growing in the contrary.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by tpia5: 3:45am On Mar 30, 2012
^ my point was the traffic is the same as it's always been.

namely its linked to some form of autobots which automatically maintain the traffic flow.

I've been checking the traffic since the site was switched to nl2 and saw nothing to suggest otherwise.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by OAM4J: 3:52am On Mar 30, 2012
oh ok. cool
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by Seun(m): 5:25am On Mar 30, 2012
@tpia: I don't get paid based on the number of registered users on the site, you know. It's just an impressive statistic that's easy to compute. All other discussion forums have the same bot issues we have, so if they have a smaller number of registered accounts, it means they also have a smaller user base. NL2 is actually stricter than NL1 because it does email account verification before allowing people to create accounts, so it doesn't count unverified registrations. Your accusations are without basis, wrong, and insulting.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by tpia5: 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
^^not sure why you consider observations, accusations.

nobody accused you of anything- reread my posts one more time.

the site gets new members almost at the rate of one per minute [give or take] and this has been consistent for a while and didnt change even when you switched to the new interface.

so, it stands to reason there's an automated program involved using algorithms or some sort of loop system, to boost the numbers. Nothing to get personal or offended about, and feel free to prove me wrong- no biggie.

@ topic: lipstick alley statistics. From the site:

Lipstick Alley Statistics:

Lipstick Alley has 58,391 members, (25,352 active members) and we welcomed 1759 new members this month, a change of +14% compared to february.

The forum contains 333,732 threaded discussions.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by Seun(m): 1:11am On Mar 31, 2012
the site gets new members almost at the rate of one per minute [give or take] and this has been consistent for a while and didnt change even when you switched to the new interface.
So? It just demonstrates that people don't register on Nairaland in order to enjoy the interface. They register to enjoy and interact with the content, and since new Nairaland did not change the content of Nairaland, the registration rate could not have changed. Also, any reduced usage by PC users would have been counterbalanced by increased mobile usage. The comparison with Western forums is irrelevant; you should be comparing us with other Nigerian Forums that target Nigerians living in Nigeria. Use common sense.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by cantell(m): 1:22am On Mar 31, 2012
I think there are fewer nos of posts unlike before.
Maybe i'm wrong but in the old Nl, it's quite difficult to see a post twice when the recent posts is reloaded.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by tpia5: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun:
So? It just demonstrates that people don't register on Nairaland in order to enjoy the interface. They register to enjoy and interact with the content, and since new Nairaland did not change the content of Nairaland, the registration rate could not have changed. Also, any reduced usage by PC users would have been counterbalanced by increased mobile usage. The comparison with Western forums is irrelevant; you should be comparing us with other Nigerian Forums that target Nigerians living in Nigeria. Use common sense.

i think you personally would be better off analyzing other forums like boards.ie and finding features that could improve the user experience on nl.

dont just be all gragra because you feel nl seems to be the main forum where nigerians congregate for now.

remember the parable of the hare and the tortoise.

resting on past glory can be inane sometimes, and leads to complacency.
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by Favben(m): 8:13am On Apr 01, 2012
One thing is certain for now, I think so long as upgrading to the new NL enables more contextual mobile ads just as a quick transition trend from desktop access to mobile is the in thing now, Seun has it all going welllll for him. The way people access the internet is changing and so should NL
Re: Seun, What Has Been The Traffic Since The Upgrade Of The Nairaland-be Honest ? by neyostica: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2012
I have 6 diff i.ds, does dat help the argument

(1) (Reply)

Say The Meaning If You Can / A / R-e-m-e-m-b-r-a-n-c-e! Football Legend Of Our Time: Samuel Okwaraji (24 Years On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.