Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,684 members, 7,945,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

- Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / (3617 Views)

Poll: which accent is the most sexy in Nigeria?

Hausa: 0% (0 votes)
Igbo: 42% (3 votes)
Yoruba: 57% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Do You Have An Accent? / Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 28, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 28, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by UKBobo(m): 2:33am On Mar 28, 2012
Let's be honest. Nigerians butcher the english language with a rusty meat cleaver.
Re: by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:07am On Mar 28, 2012
UK Bobo: Let's be honest. Nigerians butcher the english language with a rusty meat cleaver.

Bros,Nigeria has the worst accent when it comes to english speaking! This is a naked truth!
Did somebody just say yoriba! Please dont masturbate yourself to the grave!
Re: by OneNaira6: 6:48am On Mar 28, 2012
Only Nigerians are dumb enough, not to realize when they are being ridiculed. We call oyinbo mumu but I tell you, Nigerians deserve that name more than Oyinbos

"dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich “oh’s” and “eh’s” of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can’t reach. Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle."

It should be pretty self-explanatory when someone is making fun of you while trying to be politically correct. The higlighted should have hinted to you, you are being made fun of

1 Like

Re: by emofine2(f): 7:54am On Mar 28, 2012
One_Naira: It should be pretty self-explanatory when someone is making fun of you while trying to be politically correct. The higlighted should have hinted to you, you are being made fun of

To be honest I thought most people cottoned on to the not-so-subtle sarcasm. The list was quite clearly a mick take.
People actually mistook this for a compliment? Hmmm undecided
Anyhow if another doesn't really appreciate the mainstream Naija accent or if indeed another does, that should not influence our national esteem - our pride or lack of it should not be dependent on the opinion of outsiders. This is not a news to be jubilant or lamenting about depending on how one has actually interpreted it.
Re: by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Esss(m): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2012
At all those say yoruba, please go and HASK YOUR MUMMY!!
Re: by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by OneNaira6: 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
speedyboi:
That's nt a ridicule to me......to me, it is a compliment whch u guys brought upon ur self!!! D 'ohs' and 'ehs' means all dose pigdin(I dnt knw d spelling cos I dnt care!) u speak out nd it seems dey love it. Congrats! Abt d 2nd compliment, dats d best of it all!!! U always abuse government of corruption, bt ur own internet scams has made Nigeria to be very popular.......all wat dey said is jst d truth nd d truth hurts....instead of ignorin d statement nd sayin dey r makin fun of u, go nd correct ur ways......
I'm sure they chose d yorubas sef because d tribe is always free 4rm scandals....I'm proud to be 1. Lemme xpkain ma self; Anytime a fraudster, drug trafficker or internet scammer is caught, d persn always turn out to bear Igbo name (shey na so u guys lyk money reach ni? grin)......anytime sum1 is caught who wants to bomb a plane, airport or is part of a terrorist group, u wil always c Muslim names nd it wil turn out to be Hausa......I'm nt sayin yorubas r nt also involved in criminal activities , bt its Just veri rare.......9ja 4 lyf!

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg197/scaled.php?server=197&filename=saywhat.jpg&res=medium[/img]

This dude wants to kill someone with laughter today. Say what? Rare gini? don't let nchara and so catch you lying like this. If them catah, they will bombarded you with articles that would destroy this your nice little fantasy-land you don create yourself.

I don't need anyone to tell me you've never stepped out of that village country called Nigeria. Most of the Nigerians in UK jails be it drug trafficking, human trafficking, 419, etc are Yoruba. In the US, most of the criminals yoruba. Someone once told me the same in Canada but me I no kno, I've never been to canada. Nigg@ you gots to leave that country. You are deluded as he11

Do you even know the definition of Naviete?

na·ive·té or na·ïve·té
n.
1. The state or quality of being inexperienced or unsophisticated, especially in being artless, credulous, or uncritical.
2. An artless, credulous, or uncritical statement or act.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/naivet%C3%A9

The whole saying is pretty much a huge scarsacm. CNN is not the only people common for this, even their countries comedians make fun of Nigerian accent and you jumping up and down over an insult masked as a compliment.

I feel like you are the kind of person whom will thank someone if they said "your swag is correct despite you wowo pass". You see the insult but you for thank am because of the little compliment in the beginning. na wa ooo!!!.
Re: by PhysicsQED(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
speedyboi:
Nd who told u I'm a yoruba sef........? I'm nt bt dats d truth, evri1 knws it

speedyboi:
I'm sure they chose d yorubas sef because d tribe is always free 4rm scandals....I'm proud to be 1.
Re: by BlackPikiN(m): 1:11am On Mar 29, 2012
^^^^The guy na mugu!
Re: by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by OneNaira6: 4:45am On Mar 29, 2012
speedyboi:
I found it reali hard readin all wat u jst purged out due to so many SPELLING nd grammatical errors....bt finally, I was able to grasp the concept.
Firstly, I dnt nid to proof to u or anybody that I v travelled out of d country b4 because it is none of ur business!!!. I knw wat I'm talkin abt, ok?? Go to SA, uk, US streets nd c d drug peddlers evri where....r u telin me I dnt recognize igbo name wen I c 1? Abt d scam ones, I base it on news nd media broadcasts cos av neva been swindled B4 tongue. Lest I 4get, ur girls..... dey r prostitutes on d streets of us nd UK...I'm nt tryin to hate on any tribe, I'm sayin wat I c....

@ the bolded some people's audacity I tell ya. You had the audacity to point out grammar and spelling of others despite yours reeking with it in all your post. ROFLMFAO. The new comedian don arrive to NL.

@ the rest of that rest of your post, no need to lie. If you haven't stepped foot out of your village, just be proud of it. If you are dense, you are dense. Shikena!!! Step out of your village.

If u understand English language, u shld knw I didn't take d CNN's statement as a compliment.....I was being sarcastic also nd affirmin dat u brought d insult upon ur self....
My God, if u r nt fraudsters, dey wnt say u r....dey were sayin 1 or 2 tins abt each country dat r peculiar to them.....they said positive thins abt d rest countries, bt Nigeria's own happened to b negative cos ppl knw nigerians 4 dose negative tins.......u too stop doin yahoo yahoo so dat dey wnt call u fraudsters!!!
In any case, whether u r scammers or nt , it doesn't Change d fact dat dey luv ur accent, that was y it was ranked.....u tink d British r lyk u guys dat do tins stupidly jst to mk fun of ppl?
Abt comedians, dats nt nw because evri accent is made fun of; German, Jamaican, Spanish, Irish etc......it doesn't mean its nt sexy.....abeg use ur brain

The 1diot just contradicted himself without even realizing it. Comical enough, he continued to contradict himself after making that bold statement. Hahahaha!!

You didn't take CNN statement as a compliment but yet you jumped onto the bandwagon just to open a thread using their post to chest-beat in all your post.

Exhibit A:

The CNN ranking, making nigerian accent the fifth sexiest accent really needs to be thought through. Come to think of it, the names of those mentioned as the famous speakers are both from the yoruba tribe. I think its a way of saying only the yoruba accent is sexy in Nigeria.

Exhibit B:
That's nt a ridicule to me......to me, it is a compliment whch u guys brought upon ur self!!! D 'ohs' and 'ehs' means all dose pigdin(I dnt knw d spelling cos I dnt care!) u speak out nd it seems dey love it
This one I don't even know what sense you thought you were making with the above post. Na only you know

Exhibit C:

dey were sayin 1 or 2 tins abt each country dat r peculiar to them.....they said positive thins abt d rest countries, bt Nigeria's own happened to b negative cos ppl knw nigerians 4 dose negative tins.......u too stop doin yahoo yahoo so dat dey wnt call u fraudsters!!!
In any case, whether u r scammers or nt , it doesn't Change d fact dat dey luv ur accent, that was y it was ranked.....u tink d British r lyk u guys dat do tins stupidly jst to mk fun of ppl?

You are not taking them seriously yet you are still fighting to prove their sincerity and still crying over my post.

Nwoke learn how to lie well jor!!!!!

If you are not taking them serious, you wouldn't have immediately turned defensive and tribalistic after my first post. You would have pretty much said something along the line of what emofine2 said. If you need common sense, enroll in her school, she's oozing common sense, a little splash of it would do you justice.

By the way, did you miss the naiveté part? Na fool you be. I pointed out three areas on CNN statements alone that should have ranged a bell in your head if you had common sense but all you were able to see was the scam section. ROFLMFAO. I provided you the definition of naiveté and you still too much of a dullard to get it.

Na wa oo!!!

Make it pain you well.
Re: by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 29, 2012
One_Naira and his erec tions for anything Yoruba.

This thread dey pain you wella wella.

grin grin grin
Re: by OneNaira6: 4:59am On Mar 29, 2012
speedyboi:
I didn't say d 2nd......one naira added it to his quote 4rm no where......pls

Speedyboi Nigg@ learn how to lie well.

Physic caught you on your lie and you had the audacity to put the blame on me. You no dey shame?

Are you too stupid not to realize when quoted, the NL massage board would provide the name of the person being quoted? If he quoted the post from me, it would have used my name instead of yours unless Physic changed my name to your name. I doubt he did such.

You can change your post after someone caught you and quoted you but it still does not remove your original post before you changed it. It just shows what a despicable pathetic coward liar you are. Rather than being true to yourself, like a coward you try to put the blame on someone else without even using your common sense to make up a lie that NL message board could support thus freeing you from the accusation brought upon you.

Nigg@ learn how to lie.
Re: by OneNaira6: 5:01am On Mar 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
One_Naira and his erec tions for anything Yoruba.

This thread dey pain you wella wella.

grin grin grin

This girl is still following me around like a dog without any owner. Nwanyi, I told you I don't deal with one-dollar you know what, find yourself another john. Haba, no be by force oo!!!.

on the bolded.

Sorry, na only Igbo women and related groups plus non-african black women gets me excited.
Re: by daisy002: 5:22am On Mar 29, 2012
One_Naira:

Speedyboi Nigg@ learn how to lie well.

Physic caught you on your lie and you had the audacity to put the blame on me. You no dey shame?

Are you too stupid not to realize when quoted, the NL massage board would provide the name of the person being quoted? If he quoted the post from me, it would have used my name instead of yours unless Physic changed my name to your name. I doubt he did such.

You can change your post after someone caught you and quoted you but it still does not remove your original post before you changed it. It just shows what a despicable pathetic coward liar you are. Rather than being true to yourself, like a coward you try to put the blame on someone else without even using your common sense to make up a lie that NL message board could support thus freeing you from the accusation brought upon you.

Nigg@ learn how to lie.

^^^ You are funny and you turned mean fast. You are going to make him cry.
Re: by OneNaira6: 5:33am On Mar 29, 2012
daisy002:

^^^ You are funny and you turned mean fast. You are going to make him cry.

Well he's already crying. I can't help that now.
It wasn't my intention though but I'm happy it's paining am well well.
Some people just cannot take criticism, nor use their common sense.
I'll bash the truth into his head no matter how much he's crying.
I can't help that now. Na him started it.

If you noticed, I wasn't trying to be mean in my first post, nor trying to take a jab at anyone including him but he decided to turn malicious. I'm dishing out what he's giving.
As you can see, he's single handily bringing in tribalism into the thread without my interaction. Apart from laughing @ his little fantasy land, I'm trying my darnest not to follow his path of trying to turn this little squabble into an Igbo vs. Yoruba tribal bash thing. I leave such events to others whom might fall for it; I do not have time nor interest for it today.

Also, I do not appreciate anyone using me to shield him/herself when caught in their web of lies, deceit and fake-ness. He should be a man and take his sh1t with pride.
Re: by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by PhysicsQED(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
speedyboi:
I didn't say d 2nd......one naira added it to his quote 4rm no where......pls

I quoted it as it was. You edited it later.
Re: by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:00am On Mar 30, 2012
speedyboi:
lmao......y shld I b sad talkless of cryin ? Wen out of wat u said, it is half I understand...........bad punctuation.....bad evritin that I can't jst help bt skip sum sentences. Abegi....u r jst so full of shit! I av ntn to argue with u cos evritin u r repeatin has been answered....nd I can't evn argue or ansa anymore of ur stupidity....imagine him telin me of racial discrimination, wen I was jst statin facts.
I wnt evn bother to reply u anymore..gosh...bullshitter..growup!

Laugh was wreck me for hia! Chei !
Its very adviseable to shut the fuock up when you aint gat nothing to say!
See how you have exposed yourself ?
Igbo ppl made a proverb that says "nga nga ka eji agbalu efi oso".
I read every single post here you that the only thing you need to do now is to keep a low profile!
Re: by UKBobo(m): 3:13am On Mar 30, 2012
I find Yoruba people very warm and accommodating but they like to argue too much and the men are rampant womanisers of anything in a skirt. I know a (Femi) guy (we were at University together) who lives in Leeds who has eight children from four different women. He is very smart but cannot keep his fingers away from a G string.
Re: by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 30, 2012
See some shameless Igbos crying over spilled milk here.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
post removed by author
Re: by OneNaira6: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2012
speedyboi:
I already told u....I dnt battle words wit dullards....especially dose dat can't differentiate sarcasm 4rm real sentences...bt instead take It as contradictions.....
Yea.....nd...wen u learn hw 2 write without making errors u can come back to argue

Nwoke learn how to make a believable lie. You lie like a b1tch.

Do you need I to give you the definition of sarcasm and examples of it eeh?

Lie well abeg, sarcasm? hahaha I laugh in Nigeria.
You were serious like a heart attack. We all know that, if not for the fact that I and pretty much everyone else whom replied on this thread showed you how stupid and ignorant you are, you wouldn't be trying to save face right now but continue chest-beating like the fool you are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osole Owo / Some Africans Don't Use Deodorant / Pericoma – Obia Egbu Anyi ,egbu Onwe Ya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.