Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,751 members, 7,882,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:20 AM

Looks Vs Eloquence - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looks Vs Eloquence (6611 Views)

Looks Like Adekunle Gold And Simi Are In A Relationship (see Photos) / For Men That Judge Women By Their Looks / Should A Blind Man Care About A Partner's Looks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by chmod777: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
Bastiger: See me see wahala o! Does eloquence mean dat one must be proficient in english language?dia r a thousand and one people who r eloquent in their various languages and dialects and i respect dat a lot.this craze for proficiency in english language has led to the near extinction of some languages in nigeria.well if i meet a lady whom i desire n she doesnt knw how to express herself in english,4me itz no problem as long as shez not daft,but if a lady decides to look down on me just cos i no fit speak oyibo wey no be her papa language ehn,mek she go hug kainji dam transformer!!

Seconded
Please tell those local champions to go get a life. Ennnnngliiish !!!!!!!!! . What is in Ennnnglish
Inferiority complex
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by chmod777: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
slimyem: i dont see any reason why anyone should be ignorant of a language that is his/her main vehicle of education!
It is however understandable for other fields outside that.
Refining means polishing-a little shine!it can be worked on but seriously,some *gbagauns* are not refineable.trust me!cheesy cheesy
But in documents it is called Second language and your WAZOBIA is first. Why not eloquent in the first language
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
chmod777:
But in documents it is called Second language and your WAZOBIA is first. Why not eloquent in the first language
why not go back up,read ALL my posts on this thread and figure out you answer before jumping on me?
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by fesse(f): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
Both look and eloquence matters but eloquence is not a must for me in a relationship.I can't stand extraordinary de wowo. I can always cover him up in an open event if need arise.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
Phems: Why eloquence in English Language alone among other languages...?
I don't know when language become essential criteria in relationship.
Even the Britons who own the language dont go as far as do when it comes to English Language.
cos English language cuts across all tribes esp now dat we r al engaged in inter tribal relationships.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
Bastiger: See me see wahala o! Does eloquence mean dat one must be proficient in english language?dia r a thousand and one people who r eloquent in their various languages and dialects and i respect dat a lot.this craze for proficiency in english language has led to the near extinction of some languages in nigeria.well if i meet a lady whom i desire n she doesnt knw how to express herself in english,4me itz no problem as long as shez not daft,but if a lady decides to look down on me just cos i no fit speak oyibo wey no be her papa language ehn,mek she go hug kainji dam transformer!!
that threat won't hold cos it's obvious u sabi speak d onyibo language.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
pd piper pippen: The question is as good as askin me to choose btw my eyes and my ears,none of d above, sori u didn't give me any option. tongue
go right up n read the story dat comes wit the question.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by pssword: 4:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
Isn't it interesting that most of the women chose "eloquence"! The ability to constructed a sweet and bountiful lie will keep you in good stead.. smiley
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
slimyem: inability to express yourself in simple and correct english is an instant NO!
There's no excuse for bad english especially if the speaker claims to be educated.
lmao. I luv al ur comments slimyem, wasn't expectin any oda response dan wat u js wrote.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by tunapawizzy: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
Sugardiva: I'll take eloquence any day. Lack of it is simply a huge turn off for me. But not incomprehensible eloquence spouted by the likes of Hon. Patrick Obiagbovon grin grin grin

How about an eloquent but UGLY dude. As in very ugly
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by joanana(f): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
Phems: Why eloquence in English Language alone among other languages...?
I don't know when language become essential criteria in relationship.
Even the Britons who own the language dont go as far as do when it comes to English Language.

True Talk! Plzz told them grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
so long as we can "communicate" in some way, then i see nothing wrong in such person. not speaking English doesnt automatically mean stoopid (depending on where you live).

also, not all women are approached with the mindset of dating, sometimes her fantastic body is what attracts men towards her, therefore what she says is irrelevant so long as she let them taste her "honey pot".
gues ur last statement is wat u meant by "communicate" in som way. I live in 9ja wer diff tribes abound.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by tunapawizzy: 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dear Boyz, care less about eloquence or looks...just have money. Dear gals, try and have the 2 no matter how small
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by joanana(f): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
tunapawizzy:

How about an eloquent but UGLY dude. As in very ugly

She will definitely fall for him... cos that is her man!!!! As long as his Queen's English is perfect every other criteria is secondary ! wink
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by cowgurl: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
so long as we can "communicate" in some way, then i see nothing wrong in such person. not speaking English doesnt automatically mean stoopid (depending on where you live).

also, not all women are approached with the mindset of dating, sometimes her fantastic body is what attracts men towards her, therefore what she says is irrelevant so long as she let them taste her "honey pot".
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by preciousoz: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
I go for looks anyday, anytime. Eloquence/English can be taught and learnt,but wowo shocked. na National disaster. Can't marry anytin ugly cos u have encyclopedia/dictionary in ur Head. Rather go to my village and get myself a pretty damsel and school her to my taste and class....(Na my money kill am)
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by darqly(m): 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence for me. And a host of others here claiming looks will have their mettle tested eventually. Who wants a partner that is not presentable or comfortable in public? Being able to communicate doesn't mean going overboard with vocabulary and fake accents to boot. But I will never forget the girl who told me she had two TESTES to write tomorrow, so she has to read. Chai!!
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by slimyem: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
darqly: But I will never forget the girl who told me she had two TESTES to write tomorrow, so she has to read. Chai!!
lmao! shocked shocked
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by tunapawizzy: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
I don't care bout looks..i don't care about eloquence..all i want is a woman that can give me good food n great sex
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Chimezie198(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2012
Girls eh. . . They always do as if say na dem speak english pass. I met one gurl like dat sha, come see say she dey whin her mouth, i come ask am " hey dis one ur mouth dey very busy, wetin u dey chew nah?" becos sey her frnds dey there, she come dey form nah and ontop of forming she come blow. See wetin she reply " I AM CHEWING CHEWING GUM". With boldness kwa oo!
As a cool guy wey i be nah, i code once unto sey i no wan fall d girl hands nah. But for inside me, mehn Lwkmd!
She get luck sha her frnds were busy arguing over something. If not eh. . . Her name for be sorry dat very day becos dem for laugh craze comot im body.
So girls make una no dey form o! Cos me sabi speak wella!
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by walex2(m): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
U are all jokers if jonathan's wife with all vocabulary is of early thirties I know mos of u guys will be dying for her, simply of her affluence not even looks. To me the threads is not realistic and unjustifiable in present economic situation of Nigeria. 26 yrs old married to 68yrs american grandma and u called it love, either looks or eloquency what matter most is survival for the guys.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Goldieluks: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
breezy047:

Hahaha
Sweetheart pls dnt faint.
You know if he's a very very funny guy you would end up having a good time bucuz you wouldn't know exactly what's making you laugh around him. Is it the jokes or the bullets.
grin grin grin
Where have you been?

I've been everywhere dear. Hope your okay? smiley
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by danjohn: 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
I think that many people here are forgetting swag. A man with swagger can make a good impression even with bad English. A charismatic man with a good heart can find a good woman even with bad English. When a man has swag, folks will end up saying, "his English has k-leg but he is just too funny.....etc."

It is just like any other aspect of life. If you are deficient in one way you make up for it in other areas. For example, if you had to pick between an educated boring doctor who makes 100,000 naira a month at General Hospital or a charismatic trader who dropped out of secondary school but who makes 20 million naira a year, who would you choose. Some people have lively personalities. I have met people who speak broken english so eloquently that every time I hear them speak I feel like I am listening to stand up comedy.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Adaeze003(f): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence! Eloquence!! Eloquence!!! I mean looks matter too but being able to speak good English seals the deal for me...
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Otses(f): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
For me, it has to be eloquence. I like pple who can express themselves, not really by using big grammar, bt they should be able to construct their language using the right tenses. I dont want some one to fall my hands outside o, cos the kind of pple I move with, reflect on my personality. Abeg I no fit shout
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Chimezie198(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
Otses: For me, it has to be eloquence. I like pple who can express themselves, not really by using big grammar, bt they should be able to construct their language using the right tenses. I dont want some one to fall my hands outside o, cos the kind of pple I move with, reflect on my personality. Abeg I no fit shout
ehn. . . Why u go fit shout? Na u speak pass!
Smh
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by safarigirl(f): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
With eloquence comes respect ǡŋ₫ attention in any public gathering, ǡŋ₫ by this we mean eloquence in lingua franca i.e English, not everyone understands your native language so that's out ☺₣ the question here, no matter how good looking Ǟ person is, if his speech is bad, no one would even consider his looks, you ¢ð₪'t even make it in Ǟ job interview without good speech
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by natasha: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Eloquence is very important to me. It reminds me of my childhood, growin up as a teenager in Nigeria, i spent a year in Unijos before leaving and as a Jambite (16yr old teenage girl) with misplaced priorities, always putting looks before anythig else bla bla bla...............there was this guy in my class, he looked goodddddddd, dressed clean and daym, he was fineeeee...He always gave me this look like he wanted to talk and i would go shy everytime he looked at me. i was secretly wishing he'd ask me out and i was ready to say yes without any "hard to get" games. And then came the day, he cornered me after lectures at the corridor, and i was smiling gleefully believing that this was it, he opened his mouth to speak and the words (10yrs after i still remember) he said, "Baby make we dialogue". Every attraction, lust, feeling etc i had for him disappeared instantly and that was the end for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by emsquare(m): 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
cowgurl: Have u ever been taken aback walking up 2 a dude or babe u so admired longingly only to find out he/she cannot speak english eloquently? Or will u rada luk past it n stil go ahead n date him/her?(aftaal as ppl alwys say "english no b our language, na borrow we borrow am"wink.

Waoh!!! It depends though...
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by Goldieluks: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
chmod777:

Seconded
Please tell those local champions to go get a life. Ennnnngliiish !!!!!!!!! . What is in Ennnnglish
Inferiority complex

Just imagine you meet a girl for the fisrt time, I mean a charming looking chick.
You: hello girl your looks is pretty enchanting, I noticed you right from afar.
Girl: thanks for praises my fine looks.
You: #frowns# on hearing her use of tenses.
You: are you from this neighbourhood?
Girl: yes I living for this neighbourshood. What of you?
Am sure you'd be the first to run for your dear life. Simple english matters a lot, cause it creates a means for good communication.
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by dabrake(m): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Chimezie198: Girls eh. . . They always do as if say na dem speak english pass. I met one gurl like dat sha, come see say she dey whin her mouth, i come ask am " hey dis one ur mouth dey very busy, wetin u dey chew nah?" becos sey her frnds dey there, she come dey form nah and ontop of forming she come blow. See wetin she reply " I AM CHEWING CHEWING GUM". With boldness kwa oo!
As a cool guy wey i be nah, i code once unto sey i no wan fall d girl hands nah. But for inside me, mehn Lwkmd!
She get luck sha her frnds were busy arguing over something. If not eh. . . Her name for be sorry dat very day becos dem for laugh craze comot im body.
So girls make una no dey form o! Cos me sabi speak wella!
i swear, you be nairaland revelation of the year
Re: Looks Vs Eloquence by InkedNerd(f): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
@OP: Yes, I have come across such people but I don't use it as a means of just writing them off. I usually find a way to get my thoughts and feelings across one way or another, and vise versa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram / If You Are Asked To Marry Me Or Collect 100million Which One Will You Go For / Can You Tell A Lady She Has Vagina Odour???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.