Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA (1518 Views)

Are My Parents Too Controlling? / Unmarried Mothers To Be Fined In Chinese City To Cut Size Of Population / My Sister Inlaw Is Baffling Me,hes The One Controlling My Husby Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by Ozegbe(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
If there can be a policy like some asian countries where a married couple or a woman is allowed to give birth to just one or at most two children we maybe able to.control population explotion. The rate at which the nigeria population is exploding is alarming. Imagine some people who cant even feed themselve having upto 6 to 8 kids, for what? should we fold our hands, sidon look until we explode like china japan before we creat meaningful policy to tackle this issue. I probablt dont know how to bring this point out is the best form, but if our government can look at this issue it could lead to a step forward in alluviating poverty and probably bring about better education for the few or what is the essence of giving birth to a child just to die. Birth control should be highly preach. DOES ANYBODY THINK OTHERWISE? just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Re: My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by Dansadaumallam(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
Have you wondered why this thread is not followed?...most Nigerians are involved in overpopulation game. I and my wife have decided to have a min .of 0 child and a max. Of 2 because with the hardship in the country we can only live a quality life when our family number is small. Have you considered the school fees, air ticket,decent accomodation and so many other things?
My adopted village is dansadau in Zamfara state. The average man there have three wives, 14 kids and 3rooms. They suffer like beasts b/c ends must meet. But talk to them about 1 wife or 4 kids they will attack you. Come to think about it if all we are here to do is to fill everywhere with kids ,will corruption stop,will boko haram end ,will kidnaping cease no.B/c we have more kids than necessary, we steal in our offices,inflate contracts, become religious rouges,became too lazy become backward, and pretend that we will enjoy when we go to heaven.
Consider the whites,they have so much for everyone because thier family size is considerate but here in Nigeria people will greedily born so many children in other to have all proffession in their family even if that means a paper worth.
If anyone wants to live a prosperous life devoid of crime just have only two kids. Males,females or both are nice (don't cage your life in obnoxious traditions of 'male or nothing' ) females are even better than we men when given the same training.
I wish you NL people well.
If you want a robust conviction and faith building in this topic text 'call me' to me on:08057021372 and i will call you back.
Re: My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by Tgirl4real(f): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2012
@ dansada,

Can't the min be lower than 0? tongue
Re: My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by Dansadaumallam(m): 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
@ tgirl what I mean by min of o is that there is the possibility of not having any baby at all. In that case ne can adopt a child .
Re: My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by dasparrow: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ozegbe: If there can be a policy like some asian countries where a married couple or a woman is allowed to give birth to just one or at most two children we maybe able to.control population explotion. The rate at which the nigeria population is exploding is alarming. Imagine some people who cant even feed themselve having upto 6 to 8 kids, for what? should we fold our hands, sidon look until we explode like china japan before we creat meaningful policy to tackle this issue. I probablt dont know how to bring this point out is the best form, but if our government can look at this issue it could lead to a step forward in alluviating poverty and probably bring about better education for the few or what is the essence of giving birth to a child just to die. Birth control should be highly preach. DOES ANYBODY THINK OTHERWISE? just thinking out loud.

No matter how much you preach, the average Nigerian won't listen. Why? because most Nigerians are stuck in their negative cultural and traditional mindsets. The women keep popping out babies because they know their marraiges are at stake if they don't give their husbands a heir. The man's family will keep nagging their daughter in-law to give their son/brother/whatever a male child. Then you have those Nigerians who don't believe in birth control and will tell you that children are a gift from God. Never mind that many of Nigeria's offsprings of today grow up to become the current crop of internet scammers, rogues, thieves, armed robbers, r/a.pists, corrupt politicians, boko harams and the likes plaguing society. Lastly, you have other Nigerians that for reasons best known to them will keep urging women to keep getting knocked up like it some game/joke or competition. Most Nigerians birth children a lot of children because they are looking for who will take care of their lazy behinds when they are old with no retirement funds to their name. Let Nigerians do what they want. When overpopulation get's outta hand, a natural disaster might occur and help lower the population. It's not my prayer that that happens but humans beings never listen until its too late. Shalom!
Re: My Suggestion To The Government In Controlling Population Inflation In NIGERIA by Tgirl4real(f): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
Dansadaumallam: @ tgirl what I mean by min of o is that there is the possibility of not having any baby at all. In that case ne can adopt a child .

lol. Just joking Dansa

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Offer A Newborn Child Only One Piece Of Advice, What Would It Be? / Ever Seen A Live Birth Of Twin. This Photographer Captures The Very Moments / Throw Back Picture Of Jj Okocha And Alex Iwobi's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.