Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,709 members, 7,889,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? (8085 Views)

Poll: Flirting with the opposite sex is:

Unchristian.: 69% (48 votes)
Perfectly ok.: 30% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by laidback(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2008
Let me advice the administrators: Whether or not flirting is christainly IS NOT a topic for a poll. If that sounds like a news flash, then too bad.

@mycc:
For all i know you are just being the devil's advocate with your topic. OFCOURSE it's not okay to flirt, being a christain.
Especially when you consider the message that flirting sends when you are man.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by samba123(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2008
This topic should be put to ROMANCE FORUM NOT HERE IN RELIGION

embarassed
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by kobikwelu(m): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2008
i concur with davidlyn

depends on what ur views are about flirting.

to mi,
when to people meet (probaby at first).there is this natural affinity.the interest, the smile, the exchange of numbers and the promise to keep in touch.
all these are typical flirting gestures and this is perfectly healthy as long as it stays that way (except ur GAY!!!).
the moment it goes beyond this, then its no longer flirting.
even pastors flirted with their wives before marrying them;and am sure they didint marry the first girl they met.so they must have flirted with a couple before marryin one.

simple. grin
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by TOYNEX(f): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2008
@ mycc,
It depends on what you call CHRISTIAN, whether a nick name or something else. But in the real sense of what a "CHRISTIAN" is, it is not good to flirt and if you will only with your LEGAL WIFE not WIVES lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Image123(m): 3:02am On Apr 10, 2008
wikipedia refers to flirting as "Flirting is a form of human interaction between two people, usually expressing a sexual or romantic interest. It can consist of conversation, body language, or brief physical contact. It may be one-sided or reciprocated"
In oda words,it is a cowardly sorry, shy way of asking another person do you like me/will you sleep with me.If there's a negative reaction from the VICTIM,'at least there's no proof left' or 'you misunderstood me' are easy excuses, The fact is that the flirt is afraid of wat people(maybe including the VICTIM)'ll say,think or do.He has forgotten that God is right there.The fool has said in his heart,there is no God.
Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are[b] honest[/b], whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Flirting failed that test.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2008
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by efosanice: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
staying chaste is about the only thing that keeps you as a christian,if you indulge in pre-marital sex forget it you are not a christian
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by mycc(f): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2008
it is wrong.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by luluosas(m): 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2008
According to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, flirt means "to behave towards somebody as if you find them sexually attractive, without seriously wanting to have a relationship with them". Now poster, if you are a TRUE christian, you should know that, to flirt is evil because, whatsoever that makes you think of sexual attractiveness to your opposite sex who is not your wife, is satanic. I pray that God will have mercy on you.

Glorify God in Your Body

1 Corinthians 6:12 - 20

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of a harlot? God forbid.

16 What! know ye not that he which is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What! know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by tosinbobo1: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2008
Flirting is good for singles and married - a breach of the etiquette is what causes the problem - by flirting with the wrong person, perhaps, or at an inappropriate time or place.

Generally - flirting is healthy, its only a bit of fun as long as you dont get carried away. cheesy grin
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by omowon: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2008
JESUS SAYS THAT THOSE THAT ARE CALLED BY NAME SHALL SHOW FORTH MY GLORY.
JESUS IS REFERING TO WE CHRISTIANS
PLEASE I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD TO INVITE THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOUR LIFE AND FORSAKE THE LIFE OF SIN ,IT IS WRITTEN THAT WHOSOEVER THAT CONFESS AND FORSAKE HIS SIN HE WILL HAVE MERCY ON.
I PRAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL TRANSLATE HIS WORDS IN YOUR HEART.
FLIRTING IS OF THE DEVIL AND YOU MUST RESIST IT AND USE YOUR TIME TO GLORIFY GOD

YOU ARE BLESSED IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by silentjay(m): 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
i guess being a christian is far different from being a born again christian, lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by CAI: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2008
Flirting is not biblical there is no way u can defend it.D only thing u can do if u find urself in it is to pray for God to enpower u to overcome it.FOR NO FORNICATOR WIL SEE GOD,
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by starlizzy(f): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
is straight!
thou shall not flirt.
a sin is a sin.!!!!
shey!
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Tgirl6: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2008
should this b a topic? (dumb) y not ask 'if its okay for the devil to give a sad person peace of mind',
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by CAI: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2008
dere is no good gift from d devil,he cant give u peace he bad and alabout him is bad so der no need to discuss it
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by comfy4eva(f): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2008
depending on what kind of christian you are talking about. is it a nominal xtian or a born again xtian. for a norminal one they see nothing in flirting, cos they will say afterall i can just confess my sin after that. but for the born again xtian we belieeve that once you confess your sins they are forgiven and you are a new creature old things are passed away. so u dont have to keeping sinning and confessing, cos the bible says shall we continue in sin so that grace will abound? God forbid. so once you are a real christain you dont need to flirt. its wrong. [img][/img]
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by maybelle: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2008
No, it is not ok for christians to flirt. Christian couples, if there be, should be involved in the work of the Lord, doing evangelism together with other groups, having fellowship together like reading the scriptures together, praying for the lost and families or whoever, going out there for the lost souls. Really.
Abstain from all appearances of evil and flee youthful lusts the bible says. Check them out. There are more scriptures to support this question.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by mykali(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2008
hey, it's not so bad to be a christian and flirt, but it's not so good either. but why would u flirt in the first place if u haven`t been listening to too much of R.Kelly and the likes undecided
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by newguy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2008
if u flirt u r just decieving ur self ok
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by mycc(f): 3:18am On Apr 22, 2008
i hear una.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by femikay149(m): 1:56am On Apr 23, 2008
@ samba & laidback , y shouldnt this topic be here? why is there so much hypocrisy with Christains.Flirting occurs even in the church, even among christains so we should talk about it and not have this holy and thou attitude that i dont do it.

By talking about it we can reason together and come up with ways to avoid it or face these kind of challenges in our christain living.

Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2008
Its flirting that caused all this banter

The best post on this thread was disregarded by many of you who just rambled on
Go back and read

By the way I flirt and I am a believer in CHRIST and firmly uncompromisingly so.
haba the guy said flirt not SEX

Flirting in the true sense of the word is fun and light, it makes people feel good about themselves makes them smile and does not mean you want to get into someone's pants. Its your intention behind an action that the Lord judges
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 27, 2008
Flirting with the opposite sex is:
Unchristian. - 40 (69%)
Perfectly ok. - 18 (31%)

Total Votes: 58
but the poll speaks volumes, majority wins.remember, the voice of the people is the voice of god, abi smthng like that
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by mykali(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2008
CHRISTAINS ARE NOT MEANT TO FLIRT. FLIRTING IS BAD. PERIOD. i'm outta here
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by maybelle: 8:36pm On May 02, 2008
Give no place to the devil. Flirting, even in itself may not be wrong ,opens the door for sin. We cannot say we are strong, or have good motives. It just gives room for the devil. Once we are in wrong territory, that's it. We lose control.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by elizabetta(f): 10:44am On May 03, 2008
It is very wrong that Christians should flirt because our body is the temple of GOD.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by hornyhoney: 3:30pm On May 07, 2008
flirting as i understand is leading people on to believe that u want something more while in the real sense u dont.christians are not supposed to do that.it is a life of deceit and its wrong.if u say u are truly born again,they are several things u can do like sharing the gospel or studying ur bible instead of flirting
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by rubi(f): 3:44pm On May 07, 2008
I will like to know if looking at a pretty woman or handsome men is also considered flirting?
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by vivaladiva(f): 8:26am On May 08, 2008
as a christian is it okay to have multiple sexual pattners at the same time ( just checkin how i am in the lord)
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 08, 2008
Flirt - To behave alluringly!! The bible says if your right hand will cause your neighbour to sin, cut it off!!! Its wrong to flirt. It might be a game to you, but to the other person, its not.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by origina9ja(f): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2008
THO ITS NT EASY BUT DA TRUE IZ
IT IS NOT OKAY grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trinity (true Or False). The Love Perspective. / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.